Lexmark Employee Reviews

Absolute rock bottom morale
Chemical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 17, 2017
When I worked there, the situation was starting to become bad and my position was eliminated along with 20% of the workforce when the economy was still struggling and people weren't buying printers. I know enough people that still work there to know that if anything, the morale is even worse today. There have been many more rounds of layoffs and a lot of attrition, which is not being backfilled. Not sure if the Chinese owners really plan to keep development in the USA long term or not, but it's clear they're happy to let the workforce continue to dwindle.
Pros
Unlimited vacation now
Cons
No job security
Lots of autonomy with equal amounts of micro managment
Customer Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2017
Typical workday includes hundreds of emails where everyone needs results and you can only get to 20 or so emails before you realized you've worked 12 hours or more. It starts all over again your very next day which does not provide any feeling of accomplishment.
Lexmark
Sales Engineer Central region Tx Ok, Ark (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 16, 2017
Lexmark was a good company to work with when I hired on. Great Products and professional culture. Things have changed quite a bit once they were acquired by the Chinese.

Things may be headed in a different direction, The focus is on growing the company in China

Still lots of good quality people working there.

Only time will tell how things will shake out there.
Poor management
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 7, 2017
Too many ups and downs on company direction. Company eventually sold and continues the 10+ year effort of personnel reductions. Little to no job security.
Just A Job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 6, 2017
Typical assembly line job. Goals increase every time you meet one, management is only there to push you harder. It is what I expected, but not for everyone.
Best Company ever worked for
Service Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 6, 2017
Lexmark is an organization that takes care of there employees. The managers and co workers are a team and work well together. The flexibility was the most important part for me.
Pros
Great working environment and people
Cons
Work and Personal Life is well balanced.
Service P&L Analyst & Parts Revenue Planner (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 2, 2017
Lexmark has always been a good corporate employer with competitive wages and benefits. The work environment is balanced with times of stress, especially during the annual planning cycle.Overall, I would recommend Lexmark as a good place to work.
Overall I had a good 18 year career with Lexmark
Global Analyst Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 27, 2017
Lexmark's culture has changed since being acquired by Ninestar and is no longer a thriving company to work for. Employee attrition is a big problem and it seems management isn't concerned.
Pros
work - life balance was good
Undergoing changes since being purchased by a Chinese company
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 18, 2017
Undergoing changes since being purchased by a Chinese company.

Sales strategy moving to a commodity-based approach. This brings about questions regarding the longevity of the sales team.
Awesome Place to work
Development Functional Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 17, 2017
I learned a lot and grew professionally, There is a lot of encouragement from management to take on challenges and opportunities to learn. Everyone who is above your skill level acts like a mentor and helps you reach your goals
Downsizing
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 16, 2017
Lexmark has been downsizing employees since the early 2000s and has been bought and merged with an overseas company. Not a secure place to work and be employed.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 11, 2017
I have enjoyed work for the past 3.5 years working for Lexmark. Unfortunately they downsized my position. Unlimited paid time off was a great perk of the job.
Great place, but don't get too comfortable
Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 6, 2017
I really love my manager, and my coworkers are all very impressive. The only thing that worries me is that it seems like we have a "restructuring" about once every 2 years, so it's hard to feel confident that you won't be looking for a new job at some point in the future.
Pros
Skilled Coworkers, Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Job Security
Monday through Friday
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2017
Each day is presented with new challenges. Almost everyday starts with a trip to UPS first thing in the morning. Then an average of 4 service calls a day throughout the West Metro Area.
Great people and opportunities for the business
VP, Global Marketing & Sales Enablement (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 3, 2017
A wonderful workplace culture with very good people to work with. A global company with strong colleagues working together to bring new value to the brand.
Excellent work culture
Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 26, 2017
Great place to work with great benefits and proper pay. Atmosphere was amazing and very inclusive. Management was great and understanding of life occurrences, including military duty through the national guard in my circumstance.
Great work culture and Management
Siebel Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 25, 2017
Lexmark is a great place to work. Great Management until the company was acquired.
Co workers are great to work along
Always ready to help each other with respect to work and personally.
Pros
Good atmosphere with ping pong and other provisions for sports
strong team with little leadership from upper management
Senior Account Executive - Healthcare (Current Employee) –  NortheastSeptember 20, 2017
excellent local team - culture collaborative
no vision from upper management
declining industry
hardest part is creating mindshare
tough pricing environment
Lexmark was a fine place to work
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 19, 2017
When I was at Lexmark, things were unstable but at least it was a solid place to work. Most of the people that work there are really good folks. The only real problems that the company had was from the very top. The CEO wanted Lexmark to be good enough to stay ahead of all printer companies except HP. Instead of attempting to be as great as possible, the goal was to be good enough. Quality suffered and as a result Lexmark was easily surpassed by its competitors.
The work that I did there was a bit boring to me. It was basically the same thing over and over and over again. However, at the time, raises were fine and the job seemed stable enough.
Now, years later, I wonder just how things have changed.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Scary long-term prospects
Interesting Changes
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 10, 2017
Typically work 8 - 10hrs per day, supporting major accounts and driving new revenue opportunities. Strategic adjustments in coverage, support and solutions make for exciting times.
Pros
Unlimited Vacation
Cons
Total Benefit Package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexmark. Our community is ready to answer.