Lexmark

Lexmark Employer Reviews

Evolving Company
Program Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 6, 2013
Strong company but evolving at the moment. Many layoffs to deal with declining revenues but software side of the business is seen as the future.
Scummiest company with HORRIBLE management
Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee), Longmont, COJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: you'll get to sit around alot doing nothing drinking coffee
Cons: worst company imaginable
I am honestly surprised that this..."company"...is still in business.

The workers are treated horribly by the management team. The utter lack of motivation is not a surprise because any duties above or beyond typical daily are taken by the management as "their ideas" and then given credit for their work.

Products that are produced "out of spec" are – more... still sold/shipped even though they are hugely out of the acceptable range.

The management and engineering team decide their own hours, coming in very late, taking hour breakfast/lunches, and leave early.

Time-cards were falsified so management could achieve the highest amount of over-time, every day/week, even though most of the time they were not present on site. – less
Good company to work for, good people
Manager (Current Employee), Lexinton, KyDecember 5, 2012
Pros: people like to work together, people are nice and mostly honest
Cons: not all management is effective and upper management doesn't appear to want to fix it
Growing company with the ability to reinvent itself. In fact, we are in the middle of transitioning our company from a product-focused company to a solutions/services-focused company.
Great experience with co-workers, don't count on the managers.
Development Engineer (Former Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 30, 2012
Management has been a concern for the last four years.

The co-workers have been great.
No Complaints
Chemical Lab Technician (Former Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 25, 2012
Awesome place to work! The job was great. Management was wonderful and actually listened to employees. Environment was great.
Great opportunities to create and grow
Manager Global University-Industry Collaborations (Current Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 12, 2012
Pros: flexible hours allows family life to co exist with work
Cons: frequent restructuring
Lexmark has allowed me to create organizations from paper management throughout the company to the outreach programs on collaborations with Universities.
Challenging work environment with cultural diversity and a chance to work with international manufacturing partners
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 1, 2012
A typical day involved conference calls with an international team of design engineers that I interfaced with or managed. This gave me the chance to work with several different asian nationalities to learn how to work with them and the difficulties that they live with daily. My coworkers were wonderful to work with and very talented and helpful. The – more... hardest part of the job was working with and engineering team that is in Asia and the amount of communication that is involved to ensure that we are all on the same page. – less
Flexible work schedule--so flexible your hours might be zero tomorrow
Contract employee (Current Employee), LexingtonOctober 30, 2012
Pros: cafeteria on site; flexible work schedule; friendly atmosphere; decent pay
Cons: no job security; upper management out of touch with employees; bottom line mentality
There is very little job security at Lexmark. The worst part about it is not just the frequent layoffs (one every year or two): it's that the layoffs rarely consider performance or value to the company. The first line managers are usually terrific, but most employees are simply numbers on a spreadsheet to anyone second line and beyond. What kind of – more... company lays off employees who they ACKNOWLEDGE are good performers and do their job well?

If you're a contractor considering working at Lexmark, know that you will likely be treated by your immediate manager as a regular employee most of the time, allowing you to feel like a valuable part of the team. Then suddenly you're not allowed to participate in some events or you're constantly referred to by upper management as "just" a contractor. Remember that your job is temporary (even if it's "long term"), and if you need something stable, NEVER stop looking for something else. Keep your resume out there and network like crazy.

If you've been with the company for several years and know the right people, I'm sure it's an excellent place to work. Look out, though: if they decide your job doesn't need to be done that well, it will be sent over$ea$. – less
Management focused solely on stock performance
Hardware Engineer (Current Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 18, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no job security
The bulk of upper management is from the IBM days. They still try to run the company as if it were one of the largest in the world, instead of a bit player of decreasing size and importance. If you have a job, the compensation is high for the area.
Great company to work for!!!
Application Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2012
Pros: opps to advance
Cons: couldn't stand my manager
The only reason I am not still w/ them is because they eliminated my division. Good entry on my resume though....
Great oppertunity
PRODUCT & PROJECT LEADER (Former Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 25, 2012
Enjoyed added skill set and international experience. Very professional atmosphere.
good benefits
QA TECH II, Six Sigma Yellow Belt (Former Employee), Longmont, COSeptember 15, 2012
Poor employee training program. Poor management leadership.
I enjoyed what I did.
Solder Tech (Former Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: this was a comfortable work environment.
Cons: temporary hire.
I installed parts in I.C. B.'s I soldered with both a solder pot and a soldering gun, washed the boards and assembled electronics.
I enjoyed the co-workers and management.
This was a temporary job and I had to leave for a perminant position with benefits and a slightly better wage.
The hardest thing I did there was stand in one place for an entire shift.
Lexmark International
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: open atmosphere
Cons: non
Lexmark was involved in the community. They partnered with other company's to improve the local area. Every year they participated in the United Way campaign with significant contributions to the community.
Great Organization
North America Inkjet Supplies Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, KY - ISSSeptember 4, 2012
Lexmark is based in Lexington, KY
There are an array of jobs that relate to printing and supplies manufacturing, as well as software and solutions.
Days are typically 8:30-5:30 and management is flexible.
Not a great deal of room to move up within Lexington, however.
Good working enviroment
Moldmaker/Toolmaker/Machinist/Programmer (Current Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 30, 2012
Pros: great people to work for.
Cons: contractor status for the whole 6 years i have been here.
Well equipped toolroom in a user friendly enviroment. They have a flex time in which you can start as early as 6 am or as late as 8:30 am which is convienant for people with kids. Great group of people to work for.
Fun place to work
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 27, 2012
Pros: good pay, easy job
Cons: most employees are contract, and benefits are not the best
Descent company to work for if your no a contract employee I enjoy the job most of the time but a lot of work is put on a few people .
Lexmark has been good to me and my family. Not much employee loyalty but there are some great managers.
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee), Lexington, KentuckyAugust 17, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: unreliable job security
I love my current job as a buyer. Its always great when someone needs a product or service ASAP and I am able to meet the demands. I have learned many computer skills as well as 7 Habits classes. Lexmark does offer many classes to grow your knowledge. SAP has been the latest and greatest and I enjoy it. My managers over the past 18 years have all been – more... great. They have helped to guide me into areas that have benefited me the most. – less
No Clear Direction
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Lexington KYAugust 13, 2012
Pros: good worklife balance
Cons: no upward mobility
Upper management gives no clear direction on the company. Good work life balance. No one ever no's why things are done. There is no ongoing task to try to reduce cost other than cutting people.
Lexmark is an awesome company
Cooperative Intern (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 13, 2012
Pros: everything about lexmark
Cons: that i no longer work there...
At Lexmark I touched on almost everything a student engineer needs to know to be a great engineer. I had great mentors, and excellent equipment -- even EMC labs to learn advanced stuff a college student never sees. This experience made me who I am today, and drove my ambition for self-improvement and excellence. I am unsure what the culture is like – more... today, but I am sure it is better than most. – less

About Lexmark

Lexmark International attacks printing with a host of jets and lasers. A leading maker of printers and related supplies, the company provides – Read more

Lexmark Photos