LF USA

LF USA Employer Reviews

fun place
anonymous (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2014
nice people to work with and fun environment
always busy and you work in the ESB
A great place to start a career, but difficult to advance
Assistant Designer, Accessories (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2014
Pros: the benefits package-health care, dental, and vision included
Cons: terrible management, tough to get recognition/promoted, overbearing work load, low paying salary
LF taught me all the basics and complete knowledge of what it takes to create a product from start to finish, and for this is will forever grateful.

When i first began, this was a great place to work and learn and i felt a great sense of accomplishment.

But once i began to thrive and was ready for the next step, they simply began to overload me with – more... work, and for over a year i was doing the work level of 3 people, and severely underpaid. the management is terrible and to get recognized for any accomplishment is slim. to get promoted is even slimmer.

The hardest part of working with this company in the accessories department is the lack of support from management and the overbearing amount of work you are expected to churn out on a weekly basis.

Although the benefits package is great, you are underpaid and undervalued, and turnovers are at a high rate. – less
Product Development Manager
Product Development Manager/Sourcing (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great work environment
* communicate daily with overseas counterparts
* Market research online and and shopping the market
* Identify target cost savings,design details, and delivery objectives.
* great work environment
* a really good work relationship with my Boss
* great work life balance
A good place to work but more structure would be helpful
Customer Service (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 24, 2014
Handled customer calls, escalations. Issued replacements,credits.
Helped consumers with product knowledge
Sales Assistant Executive
Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
There are no typical days in the fashion industry. On the wholesale side of things we strive to better our sales on a day to day basis while working hand in hand with our account buyers and their teams. We maintain positive and efficient relationships with these individuals and work together to bring in the best product and up sales as we can. There – more... are four markets a year for us in the wholesale handbag industry so in between these we are prepping, performing, following up, and updating sales while working with design to come up with new and exciting product for the next market! – less
Productive, fun and friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free merchandise!
Cons: lack of certain policies to help make customer service more satisfying
I enjoyed working for this company. Management was superb. I've learned a lot about customer service. My co-workers were friendly and very productive.
Assoc Account Exec
Associate Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Positive, engaging, and friendly work environment.
Large global organization
A friendly atmosphere to work in, great benefits
POD Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 28, 2014
This is an enjoyable company to work for. You can work at your own pace, listen to music while you complete your work--not a bad setup.
No job security or work/life balance
IT Professional (Former Employee), Redlands, CADecember 16, 2013
Pros: a job the moment.
Cons: everything else
Do not apply for this company unless you want to be fearful of being laid off or fired due to poor management.
Fast paced environment with wonderful business partners
Operations Data Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2013
Great environment and coworkers. Due to time difference between NY and Asia offices, some days were more productive than others.
Terrible Atmosphere
Design (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2013
Pros: free disgusting coffee.
Cons: everything.
The absolute worst place I have ever worked at. Please note, I cleaned public toilets for 4 summers in high school.

I only rated this company with 1 star because it would not let me give it a zero.
WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR IS LI&FUNG
Graphic Artist (Former Employee), NYMarch 6, 2013
Pros: vacation days
Cons: the whole company
Having worked at Li&Fung for years, and having had coworkers who worked in many divisions i can honestly say that this is the worst company to work for. The only good thing about this huge giant is the vacation packages/ benefits. Otherwise they are horrible. This is a chinese owned company who basically monopolize the industry, and buy all these big – more... companies, MERGE then SLASH jobs left and right CONSTANTLY, all while trying to train the people in china how to eventually do your jobs, especially in production and design they have offices there to learn it to eventually take the jobs down the line. This is a company who is more concerned with highering TITLES and VP's and having more management then staff. Most art directors dont even know how to turn on a computer never mind be qualified for the positions. This is NOT a place for stability. This is a place to where every 6 mos you feel like youre job will be cut. They dont value you, youre a number but not in a normal corporate way, rather in a sleezy lying way. They dont promote from within, and honestly the only way you manage to stay or grow is by not being a hard worker and showing your skills, but by being brown nosed and whose good with who. This has been the biggest embarrassment of my career and as soon as the company was bought by Li&fung they let go of so many great people and hired such pathetic excuses for management and kept on hiring more management. Its a company of protected titles and not enough of protected worker-bees. If you want to work for a company to where money goes out of this country and you like outsourcing and feeling like your hard work will mean nothing, then this place is for you. Id tell everyone to move on from this sorry excuse for a fake corporate company. – less
Not Recommended
Licensing Assistant (Former Employee), NY, NYFebruary 18, 2013
Not a place I'd recommend to work if you are applying for anything to do with licensing or accessoroies of any kind. Management will work you beyond excess, not compensate you fairly or treat you considerately.
Colorful and fun place to work
Brand Licensing Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2012
Very active and dynamic group of people who are passionate about their work.
Great learning experience for an intern with lots of great people to work with.
Design Intern, Sweaters/Knits (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2012
I work with a designer and an assistant designer and assist them with all the daily functions of the account. I manage the design files and organization as well as creating tech packs and layouts.

I've learned so much about sweater design and all the technical aspects that go into designing a fully-fashioned sweater.

Management has a lot of issues – more... from my point of view about how they handle the budget and sourcing practices. I can see a lot of issues within the company that need some work.

I love my co-workers, there are very few people I don't get along with. It's a fun group of people to work with.

The hardest part of my job is being in the position where I have a lot of responsibility to a lot of people, so I'm constantly being thrown work at from different people. The hours are often late and it's a stressful job a lot of the time.

The most enjoyable part is learning from my coworkers and feeling proud of the accomplishments I've had. – less
Big company big dreams
Assistant Designer (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: hands on a lot of things
Cons: long hours
10am-7pm
everyday there are some new things to learn
good management system
nice working environment

About LF USA

This company knows a thing or two about the world of five and dimes. Lebhar-Friedman publishes industry-specific content for the – Read more