LG-Tek Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Poor management. Lacks leadership at all levels
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJuly 22, 2017
Simply put. If they say it, more likely then not, they are lying. I can't recommend in good faith to anyone to work for this company. Management is only looking to cover themselves and have no care for employees
The job was not easy but the supervisor makes it a nightmare.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2017
I worked with their ACS program in Texas. The job was easy as can be and the compensation was not bad. What made it a nightmare was the leadership. They failed to see the root of all the problems and they eventually lost the contract.
Productive with good career opportunities.
Language Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDDecember 12, 2016
Not terrible, good coworkers, CEO is driven and knows what she's talking about however can be frustrating because she is so driven it can lead to some long hours for everyone and doing things multiple times until they are exactly how she likes. Good career advancement opportunities.
Helped with Students and supply instrucotrs with materials they needed to teach their classes
Customer Service Manager and Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Columbia MDMarch 9, 2016
It was great working with government personnel and contractors.
I enrolled and graded students.
Sent welcome letters to our students to let them know where to go and what badges were needed to get into secured buildings.
I also bought supplies for our organization monthly and special book orders that instructors needed to teach their courses.
High turnover rate!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJuly 3, 2015
They'll recruit quick and offer you a job quick. No passdown or turnover. No orientation and initial training for the job. Perfect place to set yourself up for failure. The CEO just like others are saying here is rude, no personality and often yells at her employees.
Pros
Deceitful Salary
Cons
Very Low Morale
Decent starter company
Training Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Mililani Tech Park- Hawaii Learning CenterJune 7, 2015
Employee policies needs some work.
Based off of discussions with other employees, everyone tends to be under paid and contracts get under bid.
On the plus side, the Hawaii team is filled with great people and excellent coworkers. I really enjoyed going to work every day.
Disappointed
Training Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAMay 27, 2015
Not a good company to work for. They do not care about your needs unless you work in the VA/MD/D.C. area. They do not pay very well. No communication once you start.
CEO is Evil and unprofessional
Lgtek (Former Employee) –  Eldridge, mdFebruary 17, 2015
The CEO is rude and very disrespectful. You couldn't pay me to ever work there again. She cursing out her employees and the company has the highest turn over rate in employees. Also they don't even have a human resource person. So pls beware!!!!
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Everything else
Work job I ever had
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJanuary 28, 2015
The CEO is a bully who micromanages every aspect of the company. I went in with a positive attitude hoping to make a difference and advance my career and got out as fast as I could. I once worked 12 hours to complete payroll that 'had to be reviewed right away' and then sat on the CEO's desk for 3 days untouched. Very much a 'my way or the highway' attitude with no training or support. I'm surprised it's still in business.
Pros
3 flights of stairs so I could go stretch my legs
Cons
Everything else
Productive and Fun place
Training Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 19, 2014
Productive and Fun place. Great atmosphere and wonderful supervisor and coworkers
Seen Better
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 8, 2014
The company seems to put company needs first, so perks are few. Program Managers rotate often, leadership is unclear, and the atmosphere is stressful due to uncertainty.
Pros
N/a
Cons
uncertainty
Fast Pace Environment
Facilitation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJune 25, 2014
Fast Pace Environment in a School Setting.

Have wonderful co-workers, who are hard working and do what needs to be done to complete the task.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Healthcare Cost
Productive and on-time
Language Developer and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, ArlingtonJanuary 8, 2014
how to make curriculum
lunch to gathering
very good management
Smart co-workers
Professional Environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasAugust 19, 2013
As a Project Manager I create a professional work enviornment for all employees. I learned business management skills and contractual obligations for Federal Contracts.
Pros
Challenging tasks
Cons
Lack of authority to fix problems
Horrible company to work for
ACS (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2013
A typical day at work isn't that bad. The work isn't hard as long as you can deal with politics well. The Mid-level management is good and they will do best to work with you. The co-workers are sensitive and complain a lot but that may be able to be explained do to this horrible company. The single hardest part of this job is the company and its policy’s. The medical benefits are unaffordable and PTO balances are always in accurate. The HR department is incompetent and lack of communication skills. The only enjoyable part about the job is its hours.
Pros
it’s a way to get a clearance and get exposed to the dod system
Cons
absolutely no job security
Not recommended.
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  ElkridgeJanuary 18, 2013
 Process payroll in Sage ABRA and process payroll liabilities, General Journal Entries, A/P, A/R, credit card and bank reconciliations in Deltek.
 Government Contractor Billing/Invoicing in Deltek (MPO invoicing via ec.ncsc).
 Deltek Webtime (timekeeping software) and Sage ABRA for payroll. Currently integrating to Microsoft Dynamics SL for financial, payroll processing, timekeeping, contracts, HR and recruiting.
 Prepare financial reports, audits, year-end reports, new-year files, W-2's and 1099's.
Government Contracted Security Escort
Security Escort (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2012
Promotes secure environment for performance of necessary work at the National Security Agency by non-cleared personnel.Maintains contact with non-cleared workers while they are in the controlled areas of the NSA.Observes the work as it is performed by non-cleared personnel.Secures all access points to the work areas at the close of each day or when the area is vacated for lunch or other reasons.Reports questionable or suspicious activities by the non-cleared personnel to the RSO.Perform other duties requiring a security clearance as necessary.
Pros
relaxed environment and salary
Cons
no health benifits, short lunch hours, and had very unreliable co-workers.