LG Electronics Employee Reviews

Discrimination at workplace.
AR Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJMay 11, 2017
Company is good. But the upper management doesn't care for their people. Discrimination is exercised specially if you are a temp.They favored Koreans to get permanent position. Inconsistent in policies and procedures.
Pros
Company covers $4 for your lunch
Cons
Discrimination
Benefits are why people don't leave...
Factory Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 25, 2017
As a factory service tech you will work long hours and weekends. The benefits are top in the industry, but the work life balance is poor.
The training for new hires is good, but could be better.
Fast paced and no structure
Regional Service manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 21, 2017
The position was a field service manager but there were no programs in place. The company was just starting to grow their field service network. We had to create processes and then try to get them approved before doing anything else. Constant reports daily.
Great managers and co-workers
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 20, 2017
Got hired through a staffing agency. The managers explained my role and showed me the equipment I was to use. Made sure to answer any questions I had. Great work environment. What made it easier was that everyone knew their role and kept a good pace during work hours.
Very clean building to work in
Clamp Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 13, 2017
Had to start off as a material handler then moved to clamp Operator learned different areas of the building then proceeded to learn shipping as well as receiving
No flexibility
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJApril 11, 2017
Compare to other departments, my department had no flexibility. Director was very strict with time. You have to be in your seat by 8am sharp, not even 2 minutes late. Yet, he would glare at you if you leave at 5pm on the dot.
Pros
Cheap, but good quality lunch
Cons
no time flexibility
Good benefits
Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 9, 2017
Most of the coworkers were fantastic people to get along with. I loved the work culture here; high managers want us to make sure that we are happy at work. The managers make sure to take good care of us. Benefit is definitely a positive
Great fun
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 4, 2017
Wow I can't imagine about it I want you try it by ur self that's a great place for everyone I hope you to make a choice at this place when you finish let me know
Pros
Head quiet
Cons
Health and excellent break
Great co-workers in Purchasing
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 31, 2017
There was no room for advancement. Goals to attain became increasingly impossible to attain so bonuses were never given after my first year there. Salary increases stopped due to financial setbacks according to company.
Cons
commute was 100 mil daily
better than others
Lead Designer - project manager (Current Employee) –  PHMarch 30, 2017
working for lG electronics is both fulfilling and exhausting, fulfilling if you love what you do, like me, even though management is not giving enough security to their employeesl, if you love what you do, you'll still be fulfilled. exhausting because even though you give a great help to reach the goals of the company, still, your efforts will not be seen, it ill be given to your managers and other employees who's in the position higher than you.

working in there is great if the management is fair to all of their employees.
Pros
corporate background
Cons
no employee security
Greatest job i ever had to date
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 28, 2017
Working for LG was the best decision I could have ever made. Great benefits. Great coworkers. Great management. All around great company to work for.
Strong wrk ethic with fair compensation
E-Discovery Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJMarch 26, 2017
LG performs with the discipline of an ant kingdom. Sometimes the works seems overkill but overall all the safety marks shows why they are the leaders in the industry.
Pros
Free Healthcare
Cons
lengthy cumbersome and confusing administrative system application processes
Working in LG!!
Sales & Marketing Manager - Levant (Former Employee) –  JordanMarch 24, 2017
Working in Korean cultured corporate is not easy Job; However, you need to adapt the culture which is away from our culture beside the load of thing which you have to do.

I challenged myself to proceed my job in Lg; while I wanted to leave from 2nd month due to big gap in culture and the way management undertake the roles and responisbilites.

As first mandatory skill you have to have is Multi-tasker, and do different things at on single day; some are very small and others are big, sometimes take week or more to accomplish business related functions.

Anyway; I learned a lot and become strong person in negotiation with different mentalities and business back grounds.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health insurance
Good Company
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 10, 2017
Great company to work for. Great benefits. Great work life balance. Business is growing so there are a lot of career growth opportunities. Great management.
Awesome place to buy electronics
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagåtña, GUFebruary 27, 2017
You get to work in aggressive environment selling electronics without raise or any advancement. No benefits or set schedule or structure
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
No advancement or raises
Enjoyed my first 5 years
Regional Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJFebruary 24, 2017
My first 5 years were very enjoyable and rewarding. The last year and a half was stressful due to management changes and a very disorganized structure.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor upper management
Fun place to work relaxed environment
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Amazing place to work with friendly colleagues and wonderful business hours very stressful but a very relaxed environment to balance it .Get to work with different cultures and basically a different situations to deal with with every new day
Pros
travel
Cons
wekkend work
Okay work place
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJanuary 31, 2017
If you get hired on as a temp do not expect to be treated like the rest of the LG employees because you won't be. You get no benefits until you've worked 1500 hours and that includes not getting paid for ANY federal Holidays until you've reached those 1500 hours, no sick leave, and no overtime hours. The work itself wasn't hard, but it was really stressful when you're on a team of six and you're the only one doing something differently then the rest. Management was really laid back if I needed to leave work early or take my lunch break early dude to my daughters daycare. Other then that no one talked to you. Not a fun job at all if you're not used to being at a desk from 8-5 all day everyday.
Pros
flexible lunches
Cons
no benefits until desiered hours are reached
Poor Advancement
Customer Service Technician Tier 2/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 31, 2017
Advancing to a management position is near impossible if you know your job and accel in the position you currently hold. Even if you have the experience the management for the department has the option to "Restructure" and absorb the job back into the system in order to keep you where you currently are.
review
Associate Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJanuary 28, 2017
You get to learn the fundamental and basic skills that you can apply to any job in the future. Work life balance is not possible since you are loaded with work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LG Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.