LG Electronics

LG Electronics Employer Reviews

Good company to work for
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), San diegoFebruary 24, 2015
Good company to work for but not very good management.
very relax work environment. Very mix culture. Hardest part of the job is to work on Korean time to attend meetings.
New Managment
Clamp Forklift Driver (Current Employee), fort worthFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: not stable
Not Stable
Takes To Long To Become Permanent
very unpredictable
employees are nice
Managment is never on the same page
unload trailers
Active info could be used by all employees. Education is needed by all medical attendants.
Medical Assistant/Ped Prof. (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 11, 2015
I think i may enjoy learning more info. My experience in an Electronic program was as a Electroneurologist technician. I assisted in pediatric operations, deaths, and births. That position was extremely difficult and after 8yrs, i had to leave the position with several Neurology Physicians.
Productive Work Place
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2015
learn the ins and outs of the LG, Good place to work for, not enough hours. Good Group of people to work for. hardest part of the job is not the 40 hours you are required on full time
not very challenging but still a decent workplace
Supply Planner (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: job culture, benefits
Cons: less challenging and thus slow promotion
LG Electronics is one of the well-recognized electronic firms in North America. Some people would find their job not challenging enough but it is a decent workplace after all with good benefits. It treats its employees fair and nice. If you are satisfied with your work, it should be an awesome place to work.

However, it's quite difficult for a regular employee to rise to a director's level. If your goal is promotion, you must be daring to get an opportunity.
Fun job to work at and great bonuses
Executive Service Team (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 27, 2014
Great job to work at that included bonuses and lots of overtime. The employees were great to work with and we had potlucks seldom. The only part I did not like about this job is being laying off because of the economy.
nice culture, Bad Management
DMS Technician (Current Employee), NYDecember 19, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: mandatorty overtime
company is not have a good life work balance
The pontential for a good company is there but local management drops the ball. There is too much people in charge of day to day activities and small to no communication....................................................................................................... other than that it is not a bad company to work for
Major global brand providing numerous growth opportunities and professional challenges. Innovative product offering and a keen focus on the customer b
Vice President (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILDecember 10, 2014
Pros: product and technology awareness. numerous growth opportunities.
Cons: work / life balance
LG provided a great opportunity to gain key business experience. The environment is face paced and a strong focus on business goal achievement.
Market leader, good working culture and goal oriented
Sales &Marketing Senior Manager (Former Employee), Seoul, Korea, Asia, Middle eastNovember 30, 2014
Pros: frequent meetings, discussion and decision making with improvement
Cons: short break, tight schedule with a lot of business
Managing LG electronics business including sales, marketing and organization based on strategy in Asia, Middle east countries.

Acted ad Country manager of MEA countries by having empowered ownership and made a success story by achieving market share No.1 in several market in charge of that in electronics field.

Detailed management on partners based on strategy of the company and goal.

Need to be coordinate with cooperate with different nationality people and dealers as well as suppliers with factories, so communication and management capability is important.

Necessary to adapt different culture of management and customers, but all the time good aspect to be learned and flexible for it.
It is good to have leadership in marketing and sales in the market.

Had a success story of sales and marketing in Electronics field over many years.
Great benefits
Direct Mobile Service Technician (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 19, 2014
I provide product support for appliances and electronics. I typically provide this support to residential customers, however on occassion I provide support to businesses as well. I've learned a lot in the 5 years I've been in the industry. I don't really have co worker like a regular job has. The hardest part of the job is driving in extreme weather conditions. The most enjoyable part is meeting different people and seeing different things on a daily basis.
Great Place to work for
Field Service Account Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlOctober 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, positive culture, supportive management
Cons: more reactive than proactive in some situations
I learned so much and met so many interesting people. Most people worked 8 am - 5 pm although there were times we had to stay late or come back later in the evening to communicate with our counterparts where there is a 13 hour time difference. Every day we were expected to be at our desk and supporting our service centers by inbound and outbound phone, email, fax and US Postal mail. I absolutely loved my service centers. It was my job to recruit, retain, and assist them in anyway possible to make the experience in working with LG as easy and efficient as possible. We assisted with helping them file warranty claims, getting held claims released, tracking down account issues - either on LG or the service center's side- and resolving them. Above all it was important to remember that the service center is an independent company that is the face of LG out in the field taking care of our customers who have purchased LG products and are having service or installation issues. A happy service center means a positive image of LG given to the customer and that leads to repeat business. The hardest part of the job was the volume of work. Because I loved my job, it always surprised me when 5:oo rolled around. There was always more to do. I never got discouraged though. it was my personal daily challenge to help as many service centers as I could each day. My managers were terrific people. I personally did not require a lot of supervision since I knew and did my job but they were always there to help when I did have an issue I could not resolve or that needed to be escalated. I learned so – more... many different programs that were internal to the company as well as became very experienced with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint. My co workers were a sweet bunch of people. I have been in touch with many - those still at LG and those that were laid off where our department was reorganized as I was. That day was a real heart breaker. As a top performing account representative, I felt some job security but when the positions were dissolved, we had no where to go within the company. I worked with LG 14 1/2 years and would gladly have retired from there when that time came. – less
Professional
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJOctober 18, 2014
Providing excellent customer service, Entering and reviewing PO's. Follow-ups. Data Entry. EDI orders. Emails, Outlook, Excel Word.

Great team work from co-workers

Hardest part Emails

most enjoyable part talking to customers
Dont do it
Appliance REPAIR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), HUNTSVILLE ALOctober 7, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: management, no support, no raises, no open door policy and micro -management at at every corner.
Appliance repair tech with over 15 years experience .This Korean company is a joke worked there 6 months and regretted every hour.
Productive with positive environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, ALAugust 27, 2014
Pros: teamwork, positive environment
Cons: far walking distances from the parking lot into the building
Ordinarily a typical day of working at LG Electronics consisted of making sure that all of the cellular device packages were up to par with the company and consumer's standards. Being employed here taught me how to conduct my time in an orderly manner. Even when we were moving at a fast pace, I was able to conduct my work in an orderly fashion to make sure the product I expedited was correct and complete. Management for LG was very helpful and very precise with instruction. The co-workers I encountered were fairly easy to get along, and work with. I would say that the hardest part of the job was shipping a large product on short notice. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to come in into a positive environment, and having healthy, motivated teamwork.
It's a good company, but better know korean
Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 27, 2014
It's a good company and people are always friendly. They treat you very nice. But because many people are koreans, so they talk and discuss in Korean. If you don't know it, it's a little bit hard for you. But it's a good company anyway.
Two-Faced Corporation
Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free benefits, frequently free lumches
Cons: korean overwork culture, poor management with no leadership, fear-driven, imitative rather than innovative, no talent development, zero opportunity for advancement if not korean/bilingual
LGEAI has two org charts: 1) Korean, 2) All others. If you're not Korean, there's a glass ceiling. This is further reinforced by the bilingual requirement for most executive positions.

The company chant in meetings: Be First, Do it Right, Work Smart. It's all a lie, because:

Be First: Engineering and business processes are constantly "bench-marking" (i.e. imitating) other companies' ideas and functions. Solutions which conflict with the status quo are ignored or publicly ridiculed. Planning Dept. is only interested in grabbing the scraps left behind by successful tech and service companies. When attempting to resolve business processes, I was told by management that, "LG isn't going to change."

Do It Right: KPIs used to obsessively measure performance are often conflicting between departments, resulting in political tension rather than productivity. No serious focus on developing leaders or the talent supporting management exists. "Waterfall management" ensures constant fire drills and reactionary responses to issues. It never seemed as though anyone had a clear vision or long-term plan for anything. All of my co-workers were constantly tense and paranoid about their job security and working conditions.

Work Smart: Job culture is one of long-hours, constant overtime, and an expectation of over work. The image of being productive (i.e. looking busy) is more important than delivering results or being efficient. Paid overtime kicks in at 45 hours and is not paid beyond 50 weekly hours. Also, outdated and poorly maintained IT and business intelligence systems/software provide only crude tools which then give crude answers to crude questions. I spent countless hours delivering meaningless daily/weekly reports using manual data processing. For IT skill, MS Excel is about all you need to know at LG.
Good Place to Work
Assistant Tax Manager (Current Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJJune 27, 2014
Great Co Workers,
And an overall enjoyable rapport with various business units
Can be better
Key Accounts Management Help Desk (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2014
Pros: free insurance
Pay is nothing to be excited about. No advancement opportunities. Company always cutting corners to cut costs
Easy job made bad by management.
Warehouse Material Handler (Former Employee), Huntsville ALJune 23, 2014
Typical days were nice and easy with plenty of work to keep you busy. The co-workers were great for the most part, but the management is where it all gets worse. There are no real ways to advance and the pay was sub-par. Managers always look for way to make you work faster even after you have broken your back to cut cost and speed up as is. Still I enjoyed my time there and made many good friends. I am, however, glad to be moving on.
It's okay
System Engineer Intern (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 1, 2014
Okay to work here, culture mix is a good thing, everybody is working hard, but I still need H1B to stay here in US, currently looking for full-time job, available immediately.

1 2 3 4 5

About LG Electronics

LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, home appliances and – Read more