LG Electronics Employee Reviews in United States

Devoted, dedicated and goal achiever work place
marketing sales (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 5, 2016
I go to work usually at 8am and hold a meeting with the management team. We draw the daily, weekly and month, annual plan. Learn to be a team player and sacrifice to achieve company goals. I managed a group of 40 staffs and work together to achieve the set goals and make profit for the company. We have fun together with co workers and go out for workshop every month.
Most often the hardest part of the job was the growing competition but the company strategies put in place over come the market. I enjoy working and being part of a vibrant and knowledgeable coworkers and building a career towards my future.
Pros
free lunches and great benefits
Cons
healthcare
Cultural differences handicap management
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 22, 2015
LG is a good company and the people I trained were very strong. My only issue, other than they reorganized my job, was the ineffective management.

Management styles used may work in Korea but they demotivated the majority of the workers. Inputs were encouraged, but disregarded. I offered to use my skill sets and experience to train their managers in leadership, problem solving, conflict management, training foundations, etc... and they declined. As a former Commander, I found this to be a little frustrating as we were trying to help them.

I'm glad I worked there because I made a difference and brought a level of maturity and insight to the job they needed. They do offer an excellent benefits package!
Benefits
Stable enviroment
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seoul, Korea (Head quarter)October 18, 2015
Stable, international company. You can experience many things through global manufacturing lines of businesses. Various chances to relocate to oversea subsidiaries.
Pros
Salary, working hour
Cons
employ benefit
Great Benefits/No employee development program.
Escalations (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 25, 2015
I appreciate LG giving me the opportunity to work for their company. I'm currently seeking another job. The benefits are great but it doesn't seem the business is interested in employee growth and development. The companies approach to addressing issues when it comes to work performance is focus on the negative and not building upon strong points.
Benefits
Cons
Salaray
Great helpdesk experience
KEY ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 8, 2015
Great customer service experience. Must be willing to quickly adapt company changes at a moments notice. Offers great benefits and vacation time.
it was a great place to work in
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  bolingbrookSeptember 16, 2015
i was quit happy in this company
just the problem that i didnt get raise for almost a year otherwise it was a great workplace
management tried to make it a stressful place to work at.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 29, 2016
Eventhough I tried to make my time with LG fun and productive, a certain individual in management always had something to complain about. In fact, this person always started their day out with a stress out session with employees and temps. I wouldn't recommend anyone working there.
Pros
occassional free lunches
Cons
no paid holidays, no paid pto, not upfront about working weekends.
great pay and benefits and that's about it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 11, 2015
They lay everyone off, the upper management seems to not like Americans, HR doesn't do anything for unprofessional bosses.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great Work Enviroment
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Good place to work. Good work life balance. Great management. Very flexible work schedule, you are your own boss for the most part.
i loved working for verizon
Sales Representative/ (Former Employee) –  verizon wireless huntington park californiaJune 27, 2016
Working for verizon was best expirience.I'm thankfull to them they are the best. This company made me this have the best trainers .This company has everything in place everyone is very dedicated to what they do integrity is their priority and everyone is treated with respect.they have good benefits.
Pros
good very good pay and benefis
Cons
i didnt have any cons
calm enviornment
security officer (Current Employee) –  hapeville gaAugust 2, 2015
good company however as far as benefits are concerned we have none and I need something with a little more stability. and more pay would be better as well
Pros
calm and easy
Cons
no benifits
Korean Language
Logistics Transportation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJOctober 29, 2015
It was LG Electronics where my professional life story began, while working for LG Electronics formerly known as Goldstar Electronics, it was here where I first became involved in a World of professionalism which I never thought I would be part of.

My accomplishments while employed by LG Electronics surpassed my goals I had set out to reach in a very short period of time.

While employed by LG Electronics I had the opportunity to travel to Asia and was able to share my culture with my Korean counterparts.

Working abroad added skill, and know how as to how to interact not only in professional level but, personal level with various different cultures.

An awesome conglomerate to work for, and meet successful people from many different Countries.
Pros
Subsidized meals, paid travell expenses
Cons
Korean Kimmchee
Fun workplace with hard working people
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2016
Good environment and ample resources available for work related projects. Tough place to be currently due to contracting mobile market. Lots of collaboration with local telecom companies.
Pros
Cheap and delicious lunch, good environment
Cons
Budget cuts due to industry performance
Culture differences possible - still a good place to work.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 23, 2015
It is a Korean company and this can cause culture differences sometimes. I found the general workforce to be very helpful.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
High turnover
not very challenging but still a decent workplace
Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJanuary 8, 2015
LG Electronics is one of the well-recognized electronic firms in North America. Some people would find their job not challenging enough but it is a decent workplace after all with good benefits. It treats its employees fair and nice. If you are satisfied with your work, it should be an awesome place to work.

However, it's quite difficult for a regular employee to rise to a director's level. If your goal is promotion, you must be daring to get an opportunity.
Pros
job culture, benefits
Cons
less challenging and thus slow promotion
fun place to at good eviorment
Clamp Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 13, 2016
I was a clamp driver who loved his job but I was going thru a staff company that closed down on us and we lost our jobs.my job title included loading and unloading the truck in a reasonable time.
Pros
great eviorment
Cons
staffing company
Lg
Field Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALFebruary 22, 2016
This a good company. The opportunity for growth is rare. I am looking to use my education and previous work experience. This company is definitely a great fit for a student.
Part Time Position
Part Time Retail and Consumer Electronic Sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2016
This was a Temporary position where I worked at various Best Buys driving sales for LG Televisions, including training of Best Buy sales associates on the culture of LG.
Pros
Great product
Cons
part time only
cool
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 27, 2016
I like the way in was ran. Lots of security for your safety. clean lunchroom and bathroom. Some of the line leaders could be about rude to the new people who couldn't catch on as quick as others, but overall it was a good experience
Great colleagues
Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 9, 2016
Worked in closely-knit teams and got to work on exciting, cutting edge products. Communication could be tough given language barriers and time zone issues, but overall a good experience.