LGC Hospitality Employee Reviews

Nice place to work but need to make sure they place people in steady jobs
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 10, 2018
It was cool just wish they had jobs that was longer term and paid more but a great work experience I would tell anybody about them just have to find people jobs that's not for a week or two and make sure when people call them with availability they call them with the job leads
Pros
Help find job fast
Cons
Jobs don't be long term and need better pay
great
Bouncer/Security (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2018
great place to work. everyone looks out for each other, the pay is great and on time. Everyone made working feel like a family event. The CEO has a hands on approach.
Very nice enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 5, 2018
Good for part time or full time employment. I really learned alot of new things while employed with LGC. There jobs are in good location. Every one love to work at Subarn Show Place in Novi very fast paste at time, co worker's helps each other out when in need.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No bus routes
Productive, collaborative atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 4, 2018
I loved different job sites I worked at company just need to upgrade pay rate Loved absolutely superb job orientations and management team.Explain and assure you with exceptional, detailed information thouroughly during your orientation.

T.W.5
Pros
Execellent work sites
Cons
increase wages fair try to improve wages according to experience
Not a bad job!
Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2018
Pay is not the greatest, but the work is simple, honest, fun. You can learn a lot from a large group of knowledge. You always have a chance to learn something new, but I do think the more you learn, the more they expect you to do - for the same pay.
Pros
Everything but the pay
Cons
The pay
It's a good temporary service
Dietary Aide/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 2, 2018
It's an alright job it would be better if they paid more I work hard for them and try to stay at one work place and I'm very dependable and I'm good at what I do I would think they would notice that and up my pay
Pros
I work in the city where I live
Cons
It don't pay enough
Fun good , fast paced , and good pay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2018
This is a good temporary job . the pay is good and they have different shifts and schedules for you . Its a quick paced job and they had different positions for people
great work place
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Fun work place meeting new people working with new people learning new things banquets housekeeping working different places just a fun environment to work
Hard work and very low pay. Lack or work.
cook and serve food for various events (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2018
Hard labor work and low pay rate for the job that you are doing.
Most or the jobs is to far to travel for the pay, with no security advancement. poor management and short term assignment a typical day at work is standing for a long period of time all day. Heavy lift most of the time on the job work floor.
Weak management and favoritism
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2017
I came from a different line of work and consider myself to be very flexible. However, the gross lack of leadership and management playing favorites leaves much to be desired. People don't quit jobs; they quit managers.

The best part of working this job was meeting so many unique and fantastic food service personnel.

Bad things about the job were being expected to arrive for a meeting 30 minutes before a shift and not get paid for it. If you ask employees to report at a certain time, pay them for being there. Additionally, management doesn't seem to appreciate the work of their employees.
Pros
Don't need much of a brain to do the work
Terrible Company
Housekeeping/Banquets (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 21, 2017
The company was terrible and had bad management. Also they did not have a stable schedule for me and the hours were really stressful to work, Also there base pay rate was not worth the duties.
Pros
health insurance
Awesome temp agency
Housekeeper/Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 19, 2017
This was my very first job in I started out as a temp server /housekeeper they send you lots of places I made 9.00. A hour when I was working I do not know what’s the pay now
Great company
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILDecember 14, 2017
Great company to work for and they believe in giving second chances. They will treat you like family and put you so right to work. The pay is good and they put you in remote locations. Great for CTA.
Temp worker
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 7, 2017
Not a bad spot to work at if you just need something to fill in the blanks. You have a decent time of getting hours because they always need people, the only problem is you need to be ready to learn something quickly every day. If you aren't prepared for a new job every day without any prior training, don't even consider this.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Random jobs
set up tables
Banquet set up & server (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 7, 2017
i went to work and did what i was told. i did different jobs it was never the same. but i loved that i got to meet so many new people.the food was always good. thank you.
Pros
Cons
meet diffrent people
side job
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 4, 2017
its a nice job to have if you want to make some extra money. they let you pick the hours you want to work and everything is pretty laid back. I would recommend for a second job.
too little pay compared to the work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 2, 2017
sometimes you have to rive for an hour for a 4 or 5 hr job. work is stressful and very few workers at a time, leaving few people doing a lot of work at a time. pay could be more for all that work.
Enjoyable atmosphere, experienced and saw different venues
Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 2, 2017
A typical day at LGC was you signed into the venue you were catering at. You would then help set up tables, placing silverware in specific places along with plates , salad bowls, bread plates, etc. You would then serve the guests and clean up the venue. Work days were long it usually ranged from 10 to 12 hour days. I then worked my way up to management in the office which consisted of being a captain at events, working in the office hiring employees, doing paperwork, filing, staffing events in the area, etc.I learned a lot about fine dining service with this company, and how to manage my time wisely for there were many events to staff through out the area. The hardest part of my job was keeping the other employees on task and making sure they stayed at the venue for the whole event. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I met many people and saw very cool venues in the Columbus area.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
nice
Manual Labor Person (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2017
this temporary agency company sure does know how to keep you working and money coming your way, always calling or texting even emailing you about job opportunities week in and out.
I am still working for LGC and I am satisfied with staffing and being quickly to send you to a job.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2017
I enjoy working with LGC, I have no plans on leaving the company.LGC is overall a great company to work for. One thing I thing they should do is give uniforms.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks should be a lil longer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LGC Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9