LGI Homes

LGI Homes Employer Reviews

Current Employee
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: opportunity to make money
Cons: timeshare-like sales process
Great training in sales process and construction. Local management treats customers badly, which effects sales - very disappointing; however corporate leadership is the best.
Great company
Senior Office Manager Houston Division (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXNovember 12, 2013
I loved working here, it was a great company, that was really like family!
A Great Company in ALL Respects!
Office Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: training, career growth, exceptional benefits!
LGI Homes is hands down both a company to watch, and get on board with! It is very seldom that you will find an employer who invests so much into its people, and product. Since I started with the company it has been one of the most positive experiences of my life. From day one you get all the tools necessary to both guarantee and garner your sucess, – more... isn't that incredible? From the weekly trainings, monthly goal sessions and quaterly meetings you are always learning new and exciting ways to approach your job. So much so that it doesnt feel labourius at all. Work is actually fun, and exciting and so rewarding. I'd definetly recommend the company to anyone looking for stabilty, growth, and excitment in a professional and overall enriching environment. – less
The futures so bright!!
New Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee), DFW TexasSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great opportunity and plenty of leads
Cons: work weekends
The phone never stops ringing bringing you a new potential home buyer. Best company I have ever worked for! Thanks LGI
Goal-Oriented Company/Values Employees/Great Training
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2013
Pros: great money
Cons: high-stress at times
During my time here, I woke up every morning excited to work hard for a company that valued me and wanted me to reach my sales goals. From the day I started training to my last day there, I was impressed with LGI. Exceptional, refreshing place to work.
Awesome company!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2013
Pros: sales training, goal-oriented company, positive environment
Awesome company to work for. LGI's sales training is top notch compared to the nonexistent training from other companies. My goal is to make $200,000 this year thanks to the great bonus structure and hands-on management. I can't wait to go on the company trip!
Blessed!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 14, 2013
Pros: great work environment and vision
Cons: growing company, so the work got overwhelming at times
I feel so blessed to have been a part of LGI Homes. We had to move due to my spouse's job relocation, hence my previous employment status. It was so hard leaving this place. The management, work ethic, staff, and overall goal of the company is top notch. LGI Homes has a vision unlike any other homebuilding company that has contributed to their amazing – more... success, and I feel very blessed to have been a part of that! – less
Love the Company
Director of Employee Relations (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 14, 2013
Pros: great management
Don't ever plan on leaving! Love the management and the culture.
Amazing company to work for!
Sales (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 14, 2013
LGI Homes has it all- professional co-workers, friendly atmosphere, and an incredible management team dedicated to lead LGI to the top of the homebuilding industry. Since day one, I can honestly say I am proud to be a part of the LGI team.
An excellent, challenging, and rewarding place to work.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 14, 2013
A day at work involves planning of the day in association with long-term goals discussed with your supervisor. This is followed by a prioritization of foreseeable tasks, followed by execution. A typical day also might include being pulled off of one task to work on a more pressing one.

I learned a lot of time-management and organizational skills. Additionally, – more... I was able to develop my own skills in business intelligence and finance in a positive environment.

Management is overwhelmingly supportive and positive. Co-workers are pleasant and fun to work with. There is a significant social aspect of working here.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with sometimes nebulous information.

The most enjoyable part of the job is advancing to more complex responsibilities. – less
LGI Homes
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 14, 2013
Pros: sales training, development, goal-oriented, growth opportunity
I have worked at LGI Homes for almost two years and have absolutely nothing negative to say about the company. The culture of the company stands out the most. Upper management truly cares about each employee. The company provides each employee with a great sales training program. I have worked for many builders, but none of them compare to LGI Homes. – more... I love coming to work each day and helping customers fulfill their dreams of buying a home. – less
Goal oriented and very efficient company
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 11, 2013
Pros: great training and growth opportunities
Cons: wish we had structured performance reviews for compensation
I chose to work at LGI Homes initially due to how fast they moved during the interview process. I was very impressed with how efficient the company was/is. Now that I am in the organization I still feel the same way, and would not want to be with any other company.
Amazing Place To Work!
Accountant (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 11, 2013
Pros: great work atmosphere, excellent management, goal setting
Working for LGI Homes was the best experience of my career. The company culture is focused on goal setting and making sure you reach your goals, which makes you feel that you are an integral part of the process and success of the company. Everyone is hardworking and respectful and busy! There is only success on the horizon for this growing company.
Wonderful and Hard Working Company
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 7, 2013
Pros: probably about 2-3 free lunches a month, elite company destination trip
Cons: busy, hard to get all tasks done in one day.
I graduated school in December and I literally am the luckiest person I know. I would have NEVER gotten an offer like the one I got from LGI Homes or be given so much responsibility. I actually feel important and I feel like they take me seriously as an employee for their company, not just some young person who doesn't know what they're doing. The company – more... is growing at wharp-speed and I really don't see any kind of end in sight for anyone. I truly enjoy everyone I work with as well. You definitely will be working hard, but your hard work will not go unnoticed. – less
LGI
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 23, 2012
Cons: corporate culture
This is a sweat shop, call center sales enviroment. All week calls are made and taken from targeted advertising to fill appointment slots. People are herded in to crowded time slots to encourage a frenzie. They are only sold homes if their credit scores and income support the monthly payment of the home. I know this is expedient but, not how I have – more... been taught to help people purchase a home for their families.

Not my cup of tea. – less

About LGI Homes

Based in The Woodlands, Texas, LGI Homes is a publicly-traded homebuilder that has been making the dream of homeownership come – Read more