LGI Homes Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fast pace workplace
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2015
LGI Homes was a very productive environment that focused on personal and professional growth. The CEO was very aware of what was taking place at each branch and very hands on in regards to managing and accomplishing company objectives.
The best culture of any company in the business
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
LGI Homes is a company build on a foundation of great culture. They care about their people and customers. I made a bad decision leaving this company. I was chasing making more money in the $300,000 to $400,000 range. As a manager my days were full of time spent helping the sales consultants meet and exceed the goals. This was by far the most rewarding part of the job. There was truly nothing hard about working for this great company.
Pros
Best company in the home building business
Good environment
SALES (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2016
Great team it was a great job. Friendly environment. Every thursday there is classes on how to better you performance with clients and get more sales
Pros
GREAT SUPPORT
Cons
TOO MANY PEOPLE MANAGING
A company who truely cares about their employees, customers, and quality of life.
new home sales consultant (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 30, 2015
The culture of LGI homes is next to none. Exceptional customer service is the focus, alongside many other core values. Enjoyable work environment, training program like no other (trained by COO and CEO), words cannot express my love and appreciation for this company.
Pros
work/home life balance, great financial opportunities, high regards for employees, stocked kitchen
Cons
Productive work place, strong leadership
New Home Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 9, 2015
A fast growing and successful company with high company vision and values. I enjoyed the daily opportunity to assist in home ownership for first time home buyers.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
Preferred lender delays
Love this company!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 31, 2014
LGI Homes has been a fantastic experience so far. The people truly make this company fantastic! Everyone is exceptionally hard working, friendly, and most of all POSITIVE. The culture is truly unmatched and leadership leads by example. I know this is a company that I will stay with for years to come!
Pros
culture, coworkers, training, benefits, end of year celebration, free lunches
Cons
salespeople work weekends, but the rewards and compensation make it worth it.
Great Company!
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 31, 2014
Best company in the Houston area to work for. Well rounded and fast growing! Great environment and management. Best way to start your career
Pros
culture, pay, job security, growth, managemnet
A Great Company in ALL Respects!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2013
LGI Homes is hands down both a company to watch, and get on board with! It is very seldom that you will find an employer who invests so much into its people, and product. Since I started with the company it has been one of the most positive experiences of my life. From day one you get all the tools necessary to both guarantee and garner your sucess, isn't that incredible? From the weekly trainings, monthly goal sessions and quaterly meetings you are always learning new and exciting ways to approach your job. So much so that it doesnt feel labourius at all. Work is actually fun, and exciting and so rewarding. I'd definetly recommend the company to anyone looking for stabilty, growth, and excitment in a professional and overall enriching environment.
Pros
training, career growth, exceptional benefits!
Amazing Place To Work!
Accountant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 11, 2013
Working for LGI Homes was the best experience of my career. The company culture is focused on goal setting and making sure you reach your goals, which makes you feel that you are an integral part of the process and success of the company. Everyone is hardworking and respectful and busy! There is only success on the horizon for this growing company.
Pros
great work atmosphere, excellent management, goal setting
Best Work Place...EVER!
New Home Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2014
Officially been with LGI Homes one year. This has been the best year of my life.

The culture of the company is like no other. Training is amazing, it never stops. If you plug in, put what you think you know on 'the shelf' and learn the process your going to have a great career with LGI.

Apply, apply, apply!

Want to know more about LGI Homes?

Ask a question
LGI Homes
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2013
I have worked at LGI Homes for almost two years and have absolutely nothing negative to say about the company. The culture of the company stands out the most. Upper management truly cares about each employee. The company provides each employee with a great sales training program. I have worked for many builders, but none of them compare to LGI Homes. I love coming to work each day and helping customers fulfill their dreams of buying a home.
Pros
sales training, development, goal-oriented, growth opportunity
An excellent, challenging, and rewarding place to work.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 14, 2013
A day at work involves planning of the day in association with long-term goals discussed with your supervisor. This is followed by a prioritization of foreseeable tasks, followed by execution. A typical day also might include being pulled off of one task to work on a more pressing one.

I learned a lot of time-management and organizational skills. Additionally, I was able to develop my own skills in business intelligence and finance in a positive environment.

Management is overwhelmingly supportive and positive. Co-workers are pleasant and fun to work with. There is a significant social aspect of working here.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with sometimes nebulous information.

The most enjoyable part of the job is advancing to more complex responsibilities.
Blessed!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2013
I feel so blessed to have been a part of LGI Homes. We had to move due to my spouse's job relocation, hence my previous employment status. It was so hard leaving this place. The management, work ethic, staff, and overall goal of the company is top notch. LGI Homes has a vision unlike any other homebuilding company that has contributed to their amazing success, and I feel very blessed to have been a part of that!
Pros
great work environment and vision
Cons
growing company, so the work got overwhelming at times
Very good training and positive management BUT......
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAMarch 4, 2015
You must consider this opportunity as building momentum over a 12-18 month period. A strong draw is provided to Sales professionals until the commissions are earned. It will take at least 12 months to build up momentum.
Pros
great training, good leadership, nice perks (i.e. coffee, food on the job)
Cons
few people qualify to buy a home and fewer actually close.
Goal oriented and very efficient company
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 11, 2013
I chose to work at LGI Homes initially due to how fast they moved during the interview process. I was very impressed with how efficient the company was/is. Now that I am in the organization I still feel the same way, and would not want to be with any other company.
Pros
great training and growth opportunities
Cons
wish we had structured performance reviews for compensation
Current Employee
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  TXNovember 6, 2014
Great training in sales process and construction. Local management treats customers badly, which effects sales - very disappointing; however corporate leadership is the best.
Pros
opportunity to make money
Cons
timeshare-like sales process
Love the Company
Director of Employee Relations (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 14, 2013
Don't ever plan on leaving! Love the management and the culture.
Pros
great management
Lgi
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2012
This is a sweat shop, call center sales enviroment. All week calls are made and taken from targeted advertising to fill appointment slots. People are herded in to crowded time slots to encourage a frenzie. They are only sold homes if their credit scores and income support the monthly payment of the home. I know this is expedient but, not how I have been taught to help people purchase a home for their families.

Not my cup of tea.
Cons
corporate culture
Amazing company to work for!
Sales (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 14, 2013
LGI Homes has it all- professional co-workers, friendly atmosphere, and an incredible management team dedicated to lead LGI to the top of the homebuilding industry. Since day one, I can honestly say I am proud to be a part of the LGI team.
Wonderful and Hard Working Company
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 7, 2013
I graduated school in December and I literally am the luckiest person I know. I would have NEVER gotten an offer like the one I got from LGI Homes or be given so much responsibility. I actually feel important and I feel like they take me seriously as an employee for their company, not just some young person who doesn't know what they're doing. The company is growing at wharp-speed and I really don't see any kind of end in sight for anyone. I truly enjoy everyone I work with as well. You definitely will be working hard, but your hard work will not go unnoticed.
Pros
probably about 2-3 free lunches a month, elite company destination trip
Cons
busy, hard to get all tasks done in one day.

4.6