LGS Innovations Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Account Manager, Sales (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 3, 2017
I have work with AT&T, Lucent and now LGS for 30+ years. LGS is pioneer in Mission Critical solutions.

I have enjoyed my customer facing role (sales) and worked hard to provide excellent service to LGS customers.
Pros
Management is very considerate of employees
One of a kind
Sr Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 5, 2017
Amazing innovative culture. Not your ordinary government contractor; more like Silicon Valley East. World class engineers and scientists and a culture that promotes creativity and innovation. Benefits are best-in-class. This is a real gem but not for those who are used to the typical systems integrator 8-and-skate lifestyle. If you're average in skill and intellect; you're going to stand out like a sore thumb. This is for the A-team players; no JV squad a Team LGS.
Pros
Innovative culture, excellent benefits, rewarding work
Cons
No easy problems, only the toughest problems in the industry.
Innovation runs throughout
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 11, 2016
A culture of innovation is discussed within but does adequately describe all the LGS represents. Collegial, technology everywhere, hard problems, important mission, customer preference, a true national treasure. LGS is one of a kind. Many talk about it but LGS lives it.
Pros
Technology, culture, ethics, mission-alignment
Cons
Not for everyone. Mediocrity will stand out (not in a good way). For 'A-game' players only.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 14, 2016
Great place to work as you learn and grow into the business. They provide ample opportunity for a professional to gain great exposure to an international business environment.
No job security
BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  McLeansvilleOctober 24, 2015
Purchased by equity firm - many changes in management; no respect for current employees. No job security. Lack of respect for current staff.
Interesting & challenging work
Cellular Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 14, 2015
LGS Innovations is a great place to work, with varied duties and technologies to work on. At times, the work-life balance gets out of whack, but in general is pretty good. One thing that could use improvement is steering more toward long-term production quality, maintainable code rather than quick prototypes.
Pros
Lots of different technologies and opportunities
Cons
Fairly high code debt, rigid internally developed frameworks
Don't Say I Didn't Warn You
Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 10, 2015
Management has no regard for employees. There is no work life balance. Promotion is contingent upon nepotism or having a manager that likes you. Your ability and skill set do not factor into the equation. If a position is posted they already have the person who's going to fill it - that's merely a formality. In fact, at times, they don't bother to post it they just put the person in the job whether qualified or not. They are change averse. This is the way they've been doing things for years and that's how they plan to continue.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of organization and professionalism, no work life balance, nepotism, resistance to change
Development of Leading Edge Technology
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster COJune 29, 2015
This is a great place to work for engineers and technologists wanting to work on leading edge technology and who want the challenge of developing innovative solutions for hard to solve problems.
Work/Life balance hideous. Management Horrible. Don't do it!
HR (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 21, 2014
Went to work for this company as they transitioned with ALU. IT was a NIGHTMARE!!!!!! They are not at all compliant with anything. They are the most disorganized organization in the government contracting
business. If you want work/life balance, this is not the job for you. They say, "we want you to enjoy family" -Maybe the pictures on your desk. In DC, you must live to work!!!! The management is not at all aware of what is going on in the real world with software, laws, etc.
Pros
Getting out of dodge
Cons
work/life, management, pay
Official response from LGS Innovations
February 13, 2015

Not helpful at all....all the reviews I have seen on glass door and from employees are positive.

I was a Test Engineer on loan from Avaya
System Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 30, 2013
LGS was a good place too work although I was contracted part time. Half my time was Avaya and the other half was LGS.

Productive enviroment, most personal are fun to work with.
Shipping/Receiving/Property Management (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 8, 2012
My day consists of working with internal/external customers. Providing on time delivery of customer delivery orders, providing shipping/receiving support, Documentation/Material Management.

I work with various Project Managers which can be challenging at times but fulfilling.

We are a small group in our department & each of us has our own areas of expertise but when needed we can come together as a group.

The most difficult part of the job is a constant changing of the production schedules and shipping dates.

What I like most about the job is how much I have grown and learned in the past 4 + years & the continuing education provided.
Pros
no micro managing, a high degree of trust.
Cons
when product demand drops, management turn over.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LGS Innovations. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9