LHC Group

LHC Group Employer Reviews

LHC great place to work. Enjoyed working with co-workers
COTA (Current Employee), Rayville, LAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: set own hours
Cons: not enough work / low caseload
My day at work consisted of : scheduling patients for treatment, Calling patients to set up treatment time. providing skilled therapy to patients, completing paperwork, written / computer .
I learned that everything changes and one needs to be flexible. That communication with other disciplines and manager , is a must to ensure patient receives the best care and outcome.
The hardest part of my job was scheduling.
Most enjoyable part of my job NO DOUBT was interacting with and assisting patient improve their quality of life.
Over all, Love the company!
Administrator (Current Employee), AlabamaDecember 25, 2014
Pros: home office management is great and very supportive
Cons: long hours, work at home often, job security worry, stressful at times
love LHC company. It started small and with the great care and passion has grown! The only worry I have is job security, and it is just with my immediate supervisor. Home office management is great and are very supportive! Over all a good company to work for.
Terrible company to work for
Field RN (Former Employee), JacksonDecember 17, 2014
Cons: see review
Money is all that matters. Their profit margin is twice that of their competitors in my area. Unbelievably poor patient care. Patient care is based on reimbursement and patient needs are not considered. Employees are not compensated fairly. Mileage is paid unfairly. Unrealistic job expectations. I averaged ten hour work days without lunch. Too many staff meeting, webinars and conference calls in the middle of the work day- field nurses are required to stop their day and participate. These are always about compensation and reimbursement. Greedy people who treat their employees like slaves and patients like money dispensers would not be overstating things.
This company is all about $ !!!!!
nurse (Former Employee), louisianaDecember 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, the lies never stop, stressful
employees are treated like disposable dish rages!! LHC will lie to you and use you. They only care about getting patients to increase the census and make a $. Management does not care about you as a person to them your just a worker who need to produce numbers. Patient come last cutting cost on supplies, meds and even time spent in the home by the nurse is #1 to them. IF YOU EVERY WORK FOR THIS COMPANY You will REGRET it!!!!!!!!!!
Rome ga office
Lpn (Former Employee), Rome gaNovember 21, 2014
Poor management sums it up. Not a company that is patient friendly.
Very good company to work for with people who really care about their employees.
Outcomes Coordinator (Former Employee), Lafayette, LANovember 12, 2014
I would like to start off by saying the most enjoyable part of my job was the oppertunity to work with some of the best people in healthcare.
A typical day would entail review and coding of oasis assessments totaling 15 to 19 assessments per day depending on the type of assessment being reivewed.
The hardest part of my job is leaving a company that I have worked with for 8 years, but due to cut backs in the healthcare industry I will be leaving this company effective on Dec. 5, 2014.
Remote position with excellent group of co-workers
Outcomes Coordinator (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit package; competitive salary
Cons: long hours, short breaks, face-paced, stressful
Daily review of Oasis C assessments for all assessment types: SOC/ROC/Recert/Transfer/Discharge. Workflow through Homecare Homebase and communication through email and phone calls with agencies. Through this position I have become Oasis C certified through LHC Group and HCS-D coding certified. The management has supplied continuing education, monthly coding quizzes, audits and reviews of coding and oasis assessments. The hardest part of this job was meeting productivity daily due to so many other components of the job, i.e. meetings, lack of medical records to support reviews. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with a network of co-workers and developing a close bond and friendship without ever meeting face to face.
Don't work for this company.
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee), West VirginiaSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: marketing material was good.
Cons: management, compensation, turnover rate.
Money is 1st, 2nd & 3rd on their top 3 list of priorities. Compensation plans change frequently. Management tries to trap you into working there by requiring multiple contracts for everything. Expectations on clinical staff were unreasonable leading to an extremely high turnover rate.
Poor Management skills in Hot Springs, AR branch
Scheduler (Former Employee), Hot Springs, ARSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: fieldstaff
Cons: office staff is fake
Lots of favortism due to boss' daughter able to work in the same office. Too cheap to pay for an office assistant so they decided to combine Scheduler with Office Assistant and pay the same for double the work. Unreal expectations in work load. Not being a team player consisted of never going to pick lunch up for the whole office, not doing boss' daughter's workload when she is falling behind due to completing her online college course during business hours or has to leave early due to "emergency" child care issues.
A nice company to work for
Marketing Director for Virginia/North Carolina (Former Employee), ARSeptember 18, 2014
I found my time with LHC Group to be good in almost every way. I had to travel more than expected or agreed, but they are a wonderful company offering a wonderful opportunity at growth.
Integrity Ha! what a joke!!!
nurse (Current Employee), MSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: way too many to name
If you want to work for a company that doesn't support you, train you properly or have any integrity. Then this is the place for you.
You Do Not Matter
Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee), ArkansasSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: company wide management style
As previous reviews state, all about money and statistics...no employee value or patient care that is appropriate. They change salary or job status totally based on stats, not ability to perform the job.
Employees way too disposable.
Ruins teamwork and professionalism. No matter how good you are or how hard you personally try. YOU WILL NOT CHANGE THEIR SYSTEM.

Everything stat possible is monitored. NO way.to achieve all the expected numbers on a daily basis. Work good staff to death, than just expect to get more.
Worst place I ever worked!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fairhope, ALJuly 23, 2014
Cons: high volume of work/high volume stress, unreasonable expectations
Unorganized, expected too much, seemed all they cared about was the bottom line and not the patients, huge employee turnaround, not enough training, too many people trying to run the same office.
Wasnt the best
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Henderson, KYJuly 8, 2014
Overall the company was good but some of the employees werent very nice. Had a few times I went to see a patient on my log for the day and the nurse that had been seeing them took it upon herself to go do a visit the same day. Management didnt seem to care that this was happening.
Run while you can!
RN Case Manager/Field RN HomeCare (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJune 27, 2014
Pros: loved my patients
Cons: too many
I have never been so stressed and worked so many hours in a day without being paid for them. My paychecks were short several hundred dollars for the last two months I was there. No compensation for travel time, documentation, notifying Drs or patients/families. Claim ALL indirect time is included in per visit pay which is ridiculously low considering everything. I was held responsible for 50-80 pts recertification times in which I had a team leader who didn't have a clue what her job was?! Don't do it... You'll be another number added to the Totally Miserable List!
Working for a growth-oriented organization which allows me the opportunity to implement my skills and capabilities.
Revenue Cycle Management (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 23, 2014
* A typical work day would consist of team meetings. Also overseeing team and working on Financial Spreadsheets daily.
* What I have learned working within such a large company is that knowledge is one of the most valuable assets each of us possesses. So much of our knowledge is acquired through our day-to-day learning experiences at our jobs.
* It is important to establish a great working relationship with Management. Management is always there to assist in any way possible and except different resolutions being brought to the table.
* Working with many co-workers allows you to be able to absorb and perform effectively.
* Hardest part of the job is being a bit of a perfectionist.
* Enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with such talented co-workers and a growing company.
Terrible place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), TennesseeJune 6, 2014
Pros: none that i can recall
Cons: working as hospice rn for this company
As former employee, RN Case Manager, I advise you to run and not look back. The management in this company does not care about the workers who work 12 to 14 hours a day and they do not care about the patients either. They say they do but they truly don't. All they care about is appearances and the bottom line. Money is all that matters to them, not the patients
Very good work atmosphere
Team Assist/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Ocala FloridaJune 3, 2014
I wreally like working for LHC group, However I am looking to advance into the coding field and I would like to work full time, I am currently only working part time.
Stressful
Outcomes Coordinator (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 28, 2014
Heavy workload, people were nice. Management lacking. Lots of phone calls.
Very nice and comfortable place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Natchitoches, LAMay 12, 2014
Pros: are showed more appreciation for the things we do more than any place of employment i know.
Cons: being cut back for low census
Love all of my co-workers, and I've learned alot of things about wounds and caring for certain type of patients and how to operate different types of equipment.

1 2 3

About LHC Group

The injured and ailing in need of a little TLC need look no further than LHC. LHC Group administers post-acute health care services – Read more