LHC Group Employee Reviews

Wonderful supervisor! Excellent orientation/training
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 16, 2018
Plenty hours. Good pay. Good benefits. Education and orientation was focused and helped me to be confident on the job. Paid every two weeks/direct deposit. Good support from on call staff.
great place to work, positive working environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2018
I have enjoyed working with LHC group. The hours are flexible and benefits are good. The pay is competitive with this area and management is easy to communicate with. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a positive workplace to apply.
Pros
flexibility, pay
Good place and good people
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 16, 2018
Good place to work. Team work but fast paced at times.. management is supportive. Good pay and benefits. Willing to work with employee going to school
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Fast paced at times
Overworked and under paid.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 5, 2018
Only apply if you want to work 24/7 and NOT get compensated for it. LHC in Spokane is not a good place to work. Company cares more about making money then patient care. 90% time spent charting on the patient instead of providing patient care. Not fully compensated for milage. Very unorganized scheduling.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Forget to have any time with your family because you Will be working All the time.
Family Oriented Environment
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 4, 2018
Great company to work for. LHC GROUP is all about helping people. From Senior Management to local managers, they ensure patients are priority and employees as well.
Can not trust upper management
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNJanuary 25, 2018
The company is great to work for but upper management such as Regional Ops Director and Director of Nursing are very untrustworthy. I WOULD NEVER recommend anyone to work for this branch in Memphis. Horrible, cut throating, selfish, liars, and they DO NOT go by company policies. Very underhanded upper management at this location.Don't treat your employee's like trash, and kick them to the curb when no longer needed.
Don't recommend
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 23, 2018
Not a fair company. For being in the health field and caring for others, you aren't treated fairly at all or provided time for your needs and service.
Pros
Independence, 401k, meeting new people
Cons
No paid vacation, No paid holidays, No paid maternity leave, No company cars, No PTO period. Everything is on you.
Focus is all on money, employees and patients suffer!
RN Team Leader (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 23, 2018
The well being of the patients and employees are not even on the list of concerns of LHC. The focus is MONEY MONEY MONEY!!! Patients don’t receive the care that they need because they depend on a nurse who is so overloaded with visits and documentation that they provide the minimum amount of care in order to meet the expectations of management. They get paid for 40 hours but are expected to work 60 hours. If you are not draining the maximum amounts possible from the insurance company with the least amount of care to the patient, then you are drilled every week as to why not and positions are eliminated with the excess job duties forced on you as your punishment! Pathetic!
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Patients are not company priority, unrealistic expectations of staff
Great company with good benefits and pto
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 21, 2018
LHC Group has great pay. Pto accrual. Flexible schedule as long as you complete your work. Managers sometimes don’t know how to manage people, but they usually don’t bother you very much. Lots of independence with my job. Constantly acquiring new companies. So always new jobs.
Pros
Time off accrual. Flexible schedule. Good pay per visit.
Cons
Managers aren’t very experienced.
Run from this company!
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 20, 2018
Corporate culture is dysfunctional. LHC will terminate folks on a dime, or work good employees to the bone. They are so focused on bottom line and investors. Employees are not valued at all. You better do what they say or you are gone.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Traveling the nation and training new offices is amazing
Administrative Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 18, 2018
Traveling across this nation weekly to set up new home health care offices for LHC was amazing.
The hardest part of this job was learning to base my training to each employee individually. Some learn fast, others a little slower. The anxiety of changing employers is scary to the employees and you always need to take that into consideration. I never wanted to make the job harder.
Meeting new people and watching them evolve with the new job responsibilities made this job my dream job.
Pros
Travel, Meeting new people
Cons
Being away from family
Drive alot
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSJanuary 17, 2018
This job requires a lot of driving in rural areas the GPS on tablet don't always take you to the right location. If the person who assign don't have your best interest you could be doing more driving then in house car which could affect the number of patients your able to see in a days time and that's were your money comes from the number of visits mostly.
Pros
okay paid not great
Cons
a lot of traveling
Very fast paced, be ready for constant change
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 17, 2018
I worked for LHC group for over 5 years, I love the atmosphere and loved meeting new people, its all about helping patients get well so they can return home to their regular everyday lives, LHC have a great therapy department as well as good nurses and doctors to aid in the healing of patients, a great company to work for.
Pros
Good work schedule and team work.....
Cons
Medical insurance is a little pricey......
Terrible
PT Technician (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 11, 2018
The company I'm sure is great, but was contracted through the physical therapy tech in Russellville, Ar. The manager had poor communication skills, or would give you last minute calls to come work. Never knew what your work schedule is. Guy was very scatter brained. I would not recommend this job unless you want to go 2 weeks without working or hearing from the manager.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Never knowing if youll work to provide for you family, management
Disappointed in culture
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 11, 2018
Culture is very disappointing. Company is publicly traded so decisions focus more on investors rather than patient-centered care. Upper level management is not engaged.
Pros
Lots of market share
Cons
Company is more focused on earnings than patient care.
Positive work place. Great co-workers!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 11, 2018
I feel very welcome and respected by all. The supervisor is fair and very involved. My co-workers are knowledgeable and very accommodating. It is a fun, fast-paced environment. The company has a great motto "It's all about the people" and they mean patients and employees. I'm sure this will be a long-term adventure for me!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
None so far
Such Potential wasted on Management
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 10, 2018
I have been working at LHC Group full-time for more than 5 years. While I love the company overall, there are many things that could be done much better.

My advice to management would be to truly listen to your employees more. While it isn't expected that everything they say will magically happen, doing exactly the opposite in a very short amount of time after sitting down with a couple of people shows a lack of appreciation for what was said to begin with.
Pros
I love the overall mission of the company and it works very hard to keep to that mission.
Cons
Management is way too worried about their own jobs to concentrate on being a leader.
LHC was a great place to work
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 8, 2018
I was on the job trained, starting in accounts payable then transferring to Procurement. Procurement was fast paced with lots of customer service to employees across the nation. I enjoyed my time spent at LHC and made some really great friends there. I learned so much from barely knowing how to turn on a computer to training office managers in the field on how to us our system . The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the email on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some really awesome people at home office in Lafayette.
Pros
It was like working with family
Cons
it was too cold in the building
Corporate only cares about money
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 7, 2018
The management sucks they want you to do a million things and are very cheap! They say patient care is what matters but it's really the money from Medicare and other insurance companies..they take referrals that are not complete and management shows favoritism for their friends and only holds certain people accountable for their jobs.
Pros
PTO accrual
Cons
Low raises unless a nurse or therapy, workload is heavy
Fast paced
Infirmary Home Health of Saraland (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALJanuary 3, 2018
Morning meeting with staff prior to starting day. Small office, new computer system. I enjoyed working for the company. I learned a lot about budgets.
Pros
Close knit staff
Cons
too many meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LHC Group. Our community is ready to answer.