LHC Group

LHC Group Employer Reviews

Don't work for this company.
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee), West VirginiaSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: marketing material was good.
Cons: management, compensation, turnover rate.
Money is 1st, 2nd & 3rd on their top 3 list of priorities. Compensation plans change frequently. Management tries to trap you into working there by requiring multiple contracts for everything. Expectations on clinical staff were unreasonable leading to an extremely high turnover rate.
Poor Management skills in Hot Springs, AR branch
Scheduler (Former Employee), Hot Springs, ARSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: fieldstaff
Cons: office staff is fake
Lots of favortism due to boss' daughter able to work in the same office. Too cheap to pay for an office assistant so they decided to combine Scheduler with Office Assistant and pay the same for double the work. Unreal expectations in work load. Not being a team player consisted of never going to pick lunch up for the whole office, not doing boss' daughter's – more... workload when she is falling behind due to completing her online college course during business hours or has to leave early due to "emergency" child care issues. – less
A nice company to work for
Marketing Director for Virginia/North Carolina (Former Employee), ARSeptember 18, 2014
I found my time with LHC Group to be good in almost every way. I had to travel more than expected or agreed, but they are a wonderful company offering a wonderful opportunity at growth.
Integrity Ha! what a joke!!!
nurse (Current Employee), MSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: way too many to name
If you want to work for a company that doesn't support you, train you properly or have any integrity. Then this is the place for you.
You Do Not Matter
Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee), ArkansasSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: company wide management style
As previous reviews state, all about money and statistics...no employee value or patient care that is appropriate. They change salary or job status totally based on stats, not ability to perform the job.
Employees way too disposable.
Ruins teamwork and professionalism. No matter how good you are or how hard you personally try. YOU WILL NOT CHANGE THEIR – more... SYSTEM.

Everything stat possible is monitored. NO way.to achieve all the expected numbers on a daily basis. Work good staff to death, than just expect to get more. – less
Worst place I ever worked!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fairhope, ALJuly 23, 2014
Cons: high volume of work/high volume stress, unreasonable expectations
Unorganized, expected too much, seemed all they cared about was the bottom line and not the patients, huge employee turnaround, not enough training, too many people trying to run the same office.
Wasnt the best
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Henderson, KYJuly 8, 2014
Overall the company was good but some of the employees werent very nice. Had a few times I went to see a patient on my log for the day and the nurse that had been seeing them took it upon herself to go do a visit the same day. Management didnt seem to care that this was happening.
Run while you can!
RN Case Manager/Field RN HomeCare (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJune 27, 2014
Pros: loved my patients
Cons: too many
I have never been so stressed and worked so many hours in a day without being paid for them. My paychecks were short several hundred dollars for the last two months I was there. No compensation for travel time, documentation, notifying Drs or patients/families. Claim ALL indirect time is included in per visit pay which is ridiculously low considering – more... everything. I was held responsible for 50-80 pts recertification times in which I had a team leader who didn't have a clue what her job was?! Don't do it... You'll be another number added to the Totally Miserable List! – less
Working for a growth-oriented organization which allows me the opportunity to implement my skills and capabilities.
Revenue Cycle Management (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 23, 2014
* A typical work day would consist of team meetings. Also overseeing team and working on Financial Spreadsheets daily.
* What I have learned working within such a large company is that knowledge is one of the most valuable assets each of us possesses. So much of our knowledge is acquired through our day-to-day learning experiences at our jobs.
* It – more... is important to establish a great working relationship with Management. Management is always there to assist in any way possible and except different resolutions being brought to the table.
* Working with many co-workers allows you to be able to absorb and perform effectively.
* Hardest part of the job is being a bit of a perfectionist.
* Enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with such talented co-workers and a growing company. – less
Terrible place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), TennesseeJune 6, 2014
Pros: none that i can recall
Cons: working as hospice rn for this company
As former employee, RN Case Manager, I advise you to run and not look back. The management in this company does not care about the workers who work 12 to 14 hours a day and they do not care about the patients either. They say they do but they truly don't. All they care about is appearances and the bottom line. Money is all that matters to them, not – more... the patients – less
Very good work atmosphere
Team Assist/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Ocala FloridaJune 3, 2014
I wreally like working for LHC group, However I am looking to advance into the coding field and I would like to work full time, I am currently only working part time.
Stressful
Outcomes Coordinator (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 28, 2014
Heavy workload, people were nice. Management lacking. Lots of phone calls.
Very nice and comfortable place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Natchitoches, LAMay 12, 2014
Pros: are showed more appreciation for the things we do more than any place of employment i know.
Cons: being cut back for low census
Love all of my co-workers, and I've learned alot of things about wounds and caring for certain type of patients and how to operate different types of equipment.
Worst company to work for! Run Away!!!!
Rn Field staff (Former Employee), West VirginiaMay 5, 2014
Pros: lpns, pta, ota, and office staff only work days an mon thru fri.
Cons: way to many
I loved my job and my patients which I will miss terribly however as an rn I was expected to work 24/7. You are compensated for your visits but any extra charting that you will have calling dr, etc are not. Paid $3 an hour to be on call for 230+patients for one nurse to cover as well as any other visits that were scheduled. Expected to work on your – more... days off and vacation whether it be calling md to clarify orders or doing chart reviews. Our office covers 3 counties which in wv is a very large demographic. You could have over an hour drive in between patients. Prn receive no holiday pay or vacation time but are expected to work as much sometimes more than full time employees. Our office reported to home office several very serious and valid employee complaints . Nothing was done. One employee had her license under investigation when she was promoted. Certain office staff was aloud to treat field staff horribly. The company gives way to much power to the DON. If they are making the company money no matter how the field staff feel the DON has free reign. I had never had a patient complaint ever and had actually received a letter from a patients family member who had a very prestigious title stating that i was an assest to this company and how I went above and beyond for his mother and felt I saved her life. When I went to my don and told her about my complaints I was told to turn in my resignation if I was unhappy. Really I spent 2.5 yrs of my life for this company and that all she could say. You are just a number and they do not care about their staff. If you speak up for yourself and ask questions you will have a target on your back. If the don is making them money they are allowed to mistreat staff. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. Run away from this company. – less
Worst Job EVER, Don't do it!
Nursing (Former Employee), West VirginiaMay 3, 2014
Pros: there are no pros with a money hungry company
Cons: you don't have enough character space for me to list.
Worked for this company for seven years. Great work history, did everything right. One day, came to work was told, NO JOB! As one of the longest standing employees, I trained nurses with higher titles than myself and I received the pink slip but every nurse I trained still works there today. This company absolutely does NOT care about patients. The – more... ONLY thing LHC GROUP cares about is the MONEY. They have ZERO morals and ZERO integrity. Whoever says they do is being paid money to say so. – less
Loved working here BUT there's no job 'security'! Census drops and staff get dumped
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2014
Too many issues with marketing and corporate management. This company is not used to dealing with big city issues and their marketing model just didn't work in San Antonio. Their method of accounting for their field staff's time and paying for Non clinical time i.e. paperwork completion, phone calls to coordinate care was tedious but in the end it benefited – more... the employee to keep track. NO OTHER AGENCY includes the time it takes to complete paper work or make follow-up calls to the physician or other disciplines in their pay plan. Each item received a point value and you got paid based on the number of points earned. Usually there's just one rate for the visit and no matter how long it takes to complete the paper work, follow-up etc. that's all you get paid. If it took 2 hours or 4 hours to complete there is no difference. At LHC they pay for time spent on top of the visit rate. – less
Changed salary after 2.5 years, poor leadership
Patient Care Representative-Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Petersburg, WVApril 21, 2014
Changed salary to low base after 2.5, upper management is great but local and regional is not the best. No guidance to help improve at job. Very competitive line of work and sadly management will not do what it takes to remain competitive. Health care field is not a stable environment regardless of what company you enter.
Numbers!
Sales and marketing liaison (Former Employee), Branson,MOApril 5, 2014
Small company feel with actual large corporate backing. Not big on marketing brand like other company's. Company philosophy to grow a little puzzling considering the size.
Run why you can
former employee (Former Employee), illinoisMarch 19, 2014
They claim they are there to help you be no one helps you. Many letters went to corp big shots but nothing was done about all the wrong things going on in the office. Many other people try to help but nothing got done. Just would get rid of people that were rocking the boat and hire people that will look the other way. I was me told to get on board – more... or you will be asked to leave and believe me if they want to get rid of you they will work together to make it happen from corp down to the office. All about the mighty dollar but no dollar every goes back to the employee who does all the work to make the dollar for the company. Field staff would never come in office if they wouldn't have to because it was a cool horrible place to be no happiness at all. Worst then a sweatshop. Stay away. – less
They don't car about employees.
nurse (Former Employee), alaFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not patient friendly only concerns is the mighty dollar!!!
They have double standard!!! Please research how much they paid back to medicare due to fraud. They bully Sales staff. They see the patient as infrequent as possible to cut costs.

1 2 3

About LHC Group

The injured and ailing in need of a little TLC need look no further than LHC. LHC Group administers post-acute health care services – Read more