LHC Group Employee Reviews in United States

Just don't do it!!
pcr (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSApril 23, 2016
I worked for this company for along time and after working evenings and weekends.. I got fed up! I asked for help several times and was only told that everyone is working hard! I felt that I had no support and there was a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Pays ok
Cons
Never really received a raise
Completely unstable company
PT (Former Employee) –  ClintonApril 6, 2016
Do not work for this company! Their revenue is not the best. They do not care about their patients clinically either. They have filed bankruptcy before. You are a pawn in their hands. You will be hired on full time and not get but about 10 visits a week. It is sad this company doesn't reward tenor or experience.
Pros
Cons
Anything you can think of
nice place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Mamou, LAMarch 20, 2016
the one thing I enjoyed was the people I meet on a daily basic I learned that every body has a battle that they are fighting and some people fight it with a smile on their face.
Pros
the people
Cons
the drive
I would not recommend working here!
Office /Administration (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 14, 2016
I would not recommend any nurses or therapists work for HomeCall locations in Maryland. You will be asked to see ridiculous number of patients a day and drive hundreds of miles. The job is 24/7/365 and charting takes hours that you aren't paid for.

This company does not care about staff or patients only numbers. Especially Medicare patients.

My job was in an office setting and I had a front row seat to how staff were treated. I was doing the work of 3 staff members and paid for one job! My responsibilities constantly grew and paycheck did not....

Do yourself a favor and work with another company, one where you will be treated well and fairly! Management will not appreciate you in LHC Maryland locations! They are two faced, unprofessional and unqualified to lead!
Pros
Clocking out at the end of the shift
Cons
Overworked, underpaid and unappreciated
no Teamleader that know what is going on
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, ARFebruary 20, 2016
So many prn Teamleaders that no one knew what was going on. Boss has too much on her plate and should take a leave of absence. Don't make a complaint or issue such as patient touching you inappropriately or they will sweetly put your job on the line by saying maybe homehealth is not for you. Schedulers gave nurse friends most of patients except the ones they didn't want to see. They promised a job to someone 6 mo ago and when came time had no position. But released a good nurse to make room. It was all about who was friends. Boss hide when you needed to speak.
Pros
Paycheck when it was correct
Cons
Needs fresh full time faces in offices. Not 10 prn
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 6, 2015
I can only say great things about this place. Everyone was great it felt like family when you are around them. The company overall holds great values and would work for them again any day.
Stressful and draining
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  South CarolinsOctober 16, 2015
You will regret working for this company, they took over another company in greenville sc and gave the staff poor training in 2 weeks, they care nothing about their employees. You live, eat, sleep for LHC. And please be careful how you accept new roles, because they are usually 4 jobs in 1.
Pros
Make on schedules, flexible
Cons
Lot of driving
Patient Care Rep
Medical Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 9, 2015
LHC is a wonderful company to work for, training is often and cutting edge for the industry.
Peers were friendly, and platform used to track patients was amazing.
Pros
Compensation, Training, Company Car
Cons
Worked all the time, weekend paperwork, management forgot where they came from. Management didn't make your family a priority, just wanted you to live your life for LHC.
made my own schedule
LPTA - Home health PTA (Current Employee) –  Reno, TXOctober 9, 2015
My supervisor is awesome, I make my own schedule, the scheduler works with me on scheduling my patients for my most efficient travel
Great company
Quality (Current Employee) –  LafayetteOctober 7, 2015
I have been with LHC Group for almost two years in a Regional position. It is a very positive, family like environment. Great resources to provide optimum care at the community level. Open communication. Very much about quality patient care. The company leadership is exceptional.
Progressive work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richton, MSSeptember 17, 2015
LHC group provided me experience in the field of home health care. This field of nursing allows for a flexible schedule. Typical day includes home visits from 5-11 patients. Allows nurses to become self sufficient in decision making and planning of care. Downfalls of the job include extensive travel and unpredictable environments within a patient's home setting.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Extensive travel
Sales Job
Patient Care Representative, Addus Home Health (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2015
Good job but difficult market.

Lacked some guidance from management but overall a good company for work for.

Struggled at times to maintain good relationship between operations and sales teams
Environment
Call-Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 24, 2015
fun work place, love working with the people I work with
the rules are very easy to follow. great environment.
management is easy to vent to, very understanding.
company is steady growing.
Pros
easy job
Cons
sitting at the computer for 8 hours a day
Worked full time
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ALJuly 1, 2015
Worked In the office full time as a nurse. Was told I would have holidays and weekends off. Was put as back up on call nurse almost every Holiday and weekend. The on call Nurse would call me often to do unnecessary visits. Then they would always find some way to mahaggle out of paying me correctly. Overloaded with work ,Favoritism shown and clickish place.
Pros
Full time benefits
Cons
Not paid correctly and overloaded with work and favoritism
LPN (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LAJune 4, 2015
Daily home visit. I enjoyed the field nurses I worked with. Office staff had favoritism. The hardest part of my job was not getting enough visits
Great Home Health Company
RN (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMay 25, 2015
I have learned a lot about home health. It is a great environment for employees.
The hardest thing about the job is the paperwork.
Overworked and used
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 4, 2015
I was excited to work for LHC Group in the beginning but things steadily went down hill. I had no support from upper management. They were hiring in other Office Managers making more than me and having me train them. When that information came out at a yearly conference that I was underpaid by four dollars a hour, they were upset with me for considering to leave. I was salary and working seven days a week. My direct managers would request I work even more overtime but refused to work any theirselves. The office was soon divided into groups based on favoritism and I was punished for using the Open Door policy to try to get the office back on track. It was a great place to work in the beginning but once they started merging with other companies and making changes, it went downhill. You will be overworked and underpaid.
Pros
None available
Cons
Not treated fairly
money over employees
__ (Former Employee) –  USAApril 27, 2015
LHC Group is a company that I was excited to work for because they are one of the biggest home health care providers in the country. Once you go to work for LHC Group it doesn't take long to see what kind of company they truly are; money hungry and could care less about their employee satisfaction. For the past two years LHC Group has NOT made the satisfaction surveys available for their employees to fill out. The maximum annual raises went from 3 percent down to 1.5 percent in just two years, and the PTO cash out at the end of the year went from 100 percent down to 75 percent. LHC Group has forced many remote employees (who were told that their jobs would be secure) to find work elsewhere simply because they don’t live close to their home office in Lafayette, La. These are the employees that have done nothing but give 110 percent to their job and get rewarded by having their jobs taken away. There are even some cases where jobs were created and filled without ever letting other LHC Group employees know they exist. LHC Group is your stereotypical big company that puts money over their employees.
Pros
clocking out
Cons
too many to list
Awesome place to work!
Intake Coordinator-Authorization (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 17, 2015
A typical day at work is entering referrals for home health services, adding visits so that the nurse can schedule, requesting authorization from insurance company, updating accounts with approvals from payer, completing workflow. I learned how to pay close attention to each detail, time management, efficiency and how important following up on an account is. My co-workers were very welcoming and family like. The hardest part of the position was learning how to manage time with in a fast paced work environment but that hard part had become easy once I mapped out a plan that worked for me. I am always looking to learn new things and how to improve myself in what I do so the most enjoyable part was showing and proving to myself that I can reach any goal I or my supervisor sets for me.
Pros
Team felt like family and the office hours matched what I needed
Cons
Not alot of feedback but the workplace was a no news is good news facility.
Good support staff
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barboursville,WVMarch 24, 2015
Worked as a field nurse. Started the day by reviewing assignments, reviewing orders, notifying patient's regarding visit and driving to destination and completing patient care. I learned a tremendous amount of new skills. Supervisors and staff were the best I had ever worked with. The hardest part of the jobs was the amount of patients assigned each day and the amount of time needed to complete assignments.
Pros
Good benefits and good supporting staff
Cons
Assigned too many patients in a day.

2.5