LHC Group Employee Reviews

Really positive work culture
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNMarch 23, 2017
As an RN and having worked home care for over 15 years, I loved my job with Home Care solutions and LHC group! Relocated to another LHC group company out of state but cannot say enough good things about my experience with this group in Nashville. We worked hard. hardest part of the job was documentation requirements but being very organized and taking the job seriously made that part doable. Most enjoyable part of my job was caring for the patients. Best job ever!
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Not for the lazy people. Must have excellent work ethic to work there
billing soecialist position
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 21, 2017
managment lacks employee managment skills. love what i do hate the messy employees around me. need better managers and watching over employees. need more pay for everything you do.
Pros
experience
Cons
not good managemnet or work environment
Don't waste your time
RN (Former Employee) –  KYMarch 14, 2017
This company is all about the money. Branch Managers who are not good leaders, indecisive, and incompetent. Management within this company do not care about you. A patient will never be turned down regardless of whether they qualify for home health services or not, because it's all about the numbers. Staff is overworked and patient visits are often missed because there is no way a clinician can perform the workload assigned. You're set if you are best friends with the office manager or branch manager. Favorites are played to the hilt in this company. If you're looking for a job, keep on looking past this company, you'll be much better off somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, heavy case load, insufficient training/leadership
good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMarch 10, 2017
Great place to work. Nursing administration is great to work for. would recommend to everyone to go to work for them. Good work environment. Great coworkers.
Very caring and accommodating
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2017
HR worked hard to accommodate my busy class schedule and get me on board. The company I was hired as apart of LHC really lead the way in making me feel welcome amd comfortable. I am having a difficult time in my life and they are very understanding. Highly recommend this group.
Pros
They are very timely in responding
Cons
Haven't been with them very long, things may change
"They need you more than you need them!"
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Centralia, WAMarch 7, 2017
My mistake was not asking for more pay. They seem very generous with pay and i should've asked for more. Everyone seems very happy with their job there. No one has complained about anything...yet. Their interpersonal team is great! Everyone works well together. But, I noticed some peiple will talk about others behind their backs so beware.
Pros
The training is extensive and informative, will make you a better nurse, Get paid for mileage, very lax about giving time off, flexibility in work hours and where you work from.
Cons
Short breaks. You don't get paid hourly for drive time.
Work work work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILMarch 6, 2017
This company asked entirely too much of it's employees. On almost every day off the company would call you expecting you to work. Salary employees stayed late into the night and worked on weekends to keep their heads above water. The company took new referrals for new patients that they knew they did not have the staff to provide care for.
my time with LHC Group
RRT-Lead Therapist (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAFebruary 21, 2017
Enjoyed working at this company, seen a lot of changes over my 11 years working for them. Some for the better, others not so much! There's a time for everything, mine was to move forward.
Only Home Health Company I would ever work for.
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 13, 2017
I love working for LHC Group, and have enjoyed my time here. If I weren't moving to Lafayette I would stay, but I haven't found a transfer position within the company at this point in time.
worst job i ever had
therapy (Former Employee) –  portland ORFebruary 9, 2017
Found this company totally unorganized, zero communication between staff members, schedules changed without warning, lies about territories to be assigned and an unreasonable number of patients expected to be seen in one day. I will say most clinicians were outstanding and very dedicated to serving their patients. other managers and supervisors did not give give a rip about the clinicians' well-being.
Pros
good benefits
Not a employee friendly environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 9, 2017
The upper management is not supportive of staff and not patient focused.
Great patients and enjoy caring for them.
Unable to get help needed to care for the patients.
Pros
Forming relationships with the patients and their families/caregivers.
Cons
Work/life balance nonexistent, not supported by management, patients not being seen as ordered due to not enough staff
Great place!
Financial intake coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 31, 2017
Great co-workers, comfortable setting.. 2 15 minute breaks and 30 . time moves really fast. A lot of restaurant's near by so that you could grab something to eat.
Pros
comfortable
Cons
cold
Always have to do more and more
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Every time a goal is reached the bar is then set higher and more is required of each employee. Nurses are expected to work well beyond the normal hours as a regular occurrence without proper compensation. The Director of Nursing changes out more than anywhere else I have ever seen.
Pros
None that I found
Cons
Always required to do more
Would not recommend to my worst enemy
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Ms homecare gulfportJanuary 24, 2017
Management is terrible from top to bottom. Cant keep staff because of bad management. Others forced to work hard to compensate lack of employees with nothing as much as a simple thank you. If your a hard worker rest assured you will be worked like a dog while the lazy employees enjoy the ride. No time to take vacation for lack of staff. Benefits arent good either high premium high deductible.
Think twice
Former RN case manager (Former Employee) –  Mid Atlantic areaJanuary 19, 2017
Loved the pts,that being said this company does not care about its employees. You can not work enough for this company. You may put in a 10 hr day and then have to do a 3 hr admission that evening. Too much on call, and you take a lot of work home with you.
They took company cars away, so you are putting thousands of miles on your personal vehicle . I had to drive 2 hrs to get to a few pts.
No job stability.
Pros
Wages, benefits mediocre, cowotkers
Cons
Too much work, administrator unfair, too much on call, company car gone
Been nice place to work
Home Health CNA (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2017
Nice working place,good benefits. Coworkers are like family. Realy enjoyed working there love my job. Involved employees by letting them assist to IDG .
Pros
No lunch. .
Cons
No break working in the field
typical day is loaded with work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 5, 2017
there is little time to talk with coworkers but we've managed to make each other laugh to lighten things up. There is much work to do in a day, many tasks. Hardest part of the job is doing my job timely due to too many interruptions. I do enjoy my job though. I'm able to do different things all day. It's not monotonous. The management in this office isn't very pleasant.
Pros
They are good about family time
Cons
They are a little cheap
The stress will put you on meds
Therapist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 2, 2017
It's funny how all the bad reviews are from field workers and all the good ratings are from managers directors and corporate. Hmmmm I wonder who is telling the truth and who is saving face, I'll let you decide.
Pros
I love to help my patients
Cons
At this pace i soon will be one of those patients
Great If you enjoy being married to your job
LPN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 31, 2016
To be fair, my experience with this company was a brief one. The branch that I was at was so determined to have a high census they would admit anyone, whether home bound or not. The result would be LPNs scrambling. Literally picking through 30 or more visits a day to determine who could and couldn't be seen. This created an acrimonious work environment and was an overwhelming amount of stress due to a heavy load of intensive needs patients, most of which, require extended visits. Once home, you must continue documenting and communicating with doctors and patients. You will live and breathe this job.

The branch I was with offers little help in the way of training, and lied to current staff about bonus pay to offset the lack of productivity that training brings. Once on your own, it's pretty much the same story. You are treated like a bother and no one cares or has time to help you. It does pay well, but be prepared to have no life-and lots of driving.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor work/life balance. Terrible benefits. Terrible management poor communication
Fun workplace. We are like a big family. Stressful at times.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 15, 2016
Like any job in the medical profession, there are very stressful days but overall I love my job. Things change daily so it is never boring. They give incentives for a job well done with bonuses from time to time. I have a very respectful supervisor who is very good at her job. I am allowed to share my opinions and suggestions. I love our patients. After working for the health department, our agency runs like a well oiled machine with every part of the team playing an important part in the process.
Pros
Incentives and bonuses
Cons
Constant and sometimes stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LHC Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8