Lhoist North America Employee Reviews

hard work but true work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  ArmagosaJanuary 5, 2018
It was hard work but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It had good pay and overtime was available ( best pay in most of Pahrump or amorgosa) good management and crew members.
Pros
good pay solid hours and good experience
Cons
hard work and environmental challenges
Nice Place to Work
Environmental, Quality & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Peach Springs, AZDecember 14, 2017
Staff was supportive. Typical manufacturing stresses, but overall a good company to work for. I very much enjoyed the people and the locations. Good people and the nice thing was that the company is privately owned, so much better culture than publicly owned companies.
Pros
challenging
Cons
U.S. office is in TX
not a fun place to work - always looking for people doing something wrong
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Crawford, TXDecember 10, 2017
Company culture is not American and can often times be stressful because management never tells you about your performance and tend to backstab or play the blame game. Many employees are unhappy and are leaving because of this. It is a family run business and the family comes first. Employees come last. They took over some mineral businesses but still basically recognize themselves as a chemical lime company.
Pros
locations
Cons
poor management
Stressfull place to work, big jobs with short deadlines tough and costic environment.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2017
As warehouse manager I had to try and consolidate two different inventory dollar amounts on two different acoountin programs. When we switched to SAP it went a lot smoother. Promoted to the position of Maintenace Supervisor and the stress was unbelivable with a manager and two supervisors aour days were 10 - 12 hours long. We were each on call once a month for a week straight if not two weeks.
Pros
Free lunches, travel for training
Cons
Union, Costic products, hostile manament
Family atmosphere,respectful attitudes
Nolanville Texas Bagger/Process Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nolanville, TXOctober 25, 2017
Fast pace long work hours friendly respectful work place. I earned numerous certifications in a short period of time. The most fun part of the job was our safety bonus and lunches.
Pros
A lot of helpful input from others
Cons
No break policy only lunch
Great guys and learning experiences
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Managemant wasnt very good at all. Lack of employees, And help when needed to accomplish certain task in due time. Very slow to task train and certifie employees even with experience on equipment
Great place
Crusher Helper (Former Employee) –  Brierfield, ALSeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work. Good pay, good benefits, good people to work with. Management is knowledgable and fair and willing to help. I would never have left, but decided to return to college.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 20, 2017
Great place to work, what more can I say... Its the best job I have ever had! This company really knows how to treat their people well. I have worked here 15 years and love it.
Cons
Coworkers are amazing/Management is selfish and always "I" instead of "we"
Logistics (Current Employee) –  TXJuly 23, 2017
Benefits are the only reason I would recommend working here. There are too many managers that have their own agenda and do not care about their team. They take advantage of others and will not hesitate to step on your back to get what they want. Was told way too many times that a promotion was in the future...that was only to get extra tasks completed and was never the true intention of management. Work 75+ hours a week for salary....no thanks.
Pros
Benefits and company likes to spend money
Cons
Horrible management and no teamwork
Great Place to work
Production Leadman (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXMay 2, 2017
I worked for this company for almost 10yrs. I left to better myself and my family as well as adding experience to my portfolio. I would love to go back to work for them so I could bring new ideas and outlooks to the company.
Pros
Awesome Environment
Exciting never Dull
Porta Batch Foreman (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 27, 2017
There is nothing typical about a work day with Lhoist. You must be prepared for anything. Learn to trouble shoot on the fly to maintain a steady work pace. Enjoy working unsupervised and Maintain a level of professionalism. I became very proficient in my mechanical and working knowledge of all things hydraulic.
Harsh enviroment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2017
Good company. Apex plant in Vegas has a relatively young workforce that really has no connection with the facility other than a place to draw a check. The culture is to do the minimum and expect the maximum.
Review
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, AL 35115February 9, 2017
My time here was spent working in the lab. It's a large company with many employees. My supervisor completely trusted me to do my job alone. It was a very busy environment, but laid back at the same time.
Pros
Peoople
Cons
Hours
Great Company
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 4, 2017
Culture at most of the plants is driven by the local managers who don't have a good grasp on the Safety Professionals influence. Lot of push back and resistance to change. Some locations lack in implementation and acceptance of a Safety Management System - although corporate has it and follows it.
Pros
Senior Management
Cons
Local managers have A+ Tyrannical Leadership
Good Place to Work an Internship
Maintenance Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Crawford, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Good place to work. I enjoyed my experience. I was treated well and they created a family atmosphere. I worked mostly on my own.
Lead Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Manged and scheduled employees
walk through custom houses with builder and homeowners to go over blueprints to make sure everything they wanted was to spec
schedule all jobs and ordered materials for each job
arranged crews for all jobs.
Takes care of there employees
Scaler/haul truck/loader/roofbolter operator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, TNDecember 27, 2016
Great group to work for. Everyone looks out for one another's safety. Couldn't ask for better benefits. Good company to be a part of.
Benefits
Cons
6 and 7 day work weeks at times
Did not work there long enough to accurately assess
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALDecember 19, 2016
Did not work there long enough to accurately assess. Going through a lot of changes while I was there. Not much more to say.
Pros
Did not work there long enough for accurate assement
Cons
Did not work there long enough for accurate assement
Marketing research
Northeast Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2016
I've been performing a market research role while with Lhoist to establish new business development for the company either through acquisition of existing operating plant or purchase of limestone reserves. Since beginning my position with Lhoist and with the economic times they have decided to shelve this project until a later date.
Pros
Hone cold calling skills
Cons
windshield time
Proactive Company
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2016
A positive company to work for with a belief of trust and loyalty. Company believed in advancement with training. I had great co-workers with lots of experience.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Can not be stable at times.