Libbey Employee Reviews

Everyone is just a badge number
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 16, 2017
There were a lot of great people I worked with. But as far as management and HR you are just a badge number and very replaceable. The schedule is very rough and not recommended if you have a family. But the pay and benefits are great. I do not recommend if you have any sort of sleep issue. But the work was easy, if you can deal with the rotating swing shift.
Pros
Pay, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Treated as replaceable
productive work enviroment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 21, 2017
productive work enviroment that strives for safety and productivity. Good people and good management , good pay and good benefits . Locally started which is makes libbey a place full of pride
Stressful
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 9, 2017
I would rather not say. Too many negative things happened while I was employed there. I regret not taking other job offers and taking my job with Libbey.
Pros
a lot of PTO
Cons
Poor management
I enjoyed driving a forklift.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed the forklift job. it was quick pace work. It was freezing in the winter and hot in the summer. I was at retirement age an retired. Now
I am trying to apply for a job at Libbey Glass Outlet.
Pros
Benefits, insurance and pay.
Cons
weather conditions and management.
Wouldn't expect for much.
Laser Machine Operator/Forklift Operator/Picker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 14, 2017
Care about there profits more then care about there workers I work there 10 years swing shifts is not for everyone. Lack of direction to many Chief's not enough Indians .
Pros
It was a job
Cons
No benefits your just a number.
Foreman operator
Operator (Current Employee) –  4302 jewella aveOctober 6, 2017
Operator: job production of glass table ware as well as drinking ware ability to work with others and perform job changes and maintain quality ware.14 years experience certified dual operator ability to teach and train other a safe way of operating machine
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
4 breaks 30 min 45mins 30'30
Great place to work!
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 3, 2017
I loved that job, if able to receive it again i would and there is always overtime if you want it! Attendance is a sure kick you out the door....looking for a second chance again..
Reliabilty Engineer
Reliability Engineer/ Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 27, 2017
I loved working at Libbey. I made many great life long friends and had many opportunies to grow my career. My position started as a draftsman and I made my way through process engineering, project managment, to Reliability Engineering.
great factory work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 23, 2017
very repiticious work, doing the same thing ver and over again 8 to 10 hours a day just wasn't for me, I don't like working swing shift where it is mandartory to do so,
Pros
the pay
Office Politics
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 22, 2017
Great place to work if you can play the office politics game. Only if you know someone will you get advancement. The huge plus is that they value family.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many office politics

Want to know more about Libbey?

Ask a question
hot ,stressful
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 15, 2017
too much drama, worse than high school management don't care about their workers. the manement would single out paticlur people and harass them . they wre very unfriendly also
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 24, 2017
I was an intern at Libbey. Most of senior or higher position employees are pretty new. They have a very high turn over ratio. I don't know why. Colleagues are nice, I still keep in touch with some of them.
It was a good experience for me, I gained more factory experience.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 1, 2017
I Learned How to work on a Continuous line, I worked with all different people which was a positive experience. Had Great supervisors also. My only concern was the intense 7 day work schedule that changed every 7days. The swing shift ehere a little hard to mange but overall it was a Great experience for me.
Libbey Glass was always fun to work at because of family members and the work environment.
Operator, Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 28, 2017
Libbey Glass is one of the top manufacturing companies i n Toledo, OH. After graduating high school, I was introduced to that employment by my uncle who worked there for over 40 years. It seems as though half of my family has worked there at one time or another. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Family worked there, good pay, excellent benefits
Cons
Swing shifts
Great place to work with a ton of history
Director, Retail National Accounts - U.S & Canada (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2017
Great place to work and the people are very friendly and helpful when needed. HR on boarding was tremendous. Company has a great mix of young talented people and experienced people with many years in the business.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Manufacturing process to move programs to hit timelines was very difficult
Bad enviroment
Selector (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 17, 2017
Negative environment I would not wish it on anybody managers don't care about you at all. You are just a body, they will sell you dreams and you will walk into a nightmare.
Pros
Cons
You won't be happy
Libbey is a great place to work.
Q.A. / Machine Shop (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 22, 2017
Libbey is a great place to work. They offer great benefits to their employees. The pay scale is a lot better than most companies. A lot of money can be made.
workers underpaid
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 22, 2017
7 day rotating shift no compassion for home life no benefits rude and disrespectful management
the union is a joke
can make decent money if willing to work over 50+ hours a week
Time to relax and time to work.
Systems Hourly Foreman (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 15, 2017
Depending on where you work within Libbey depends on how much you make and how much you really work. However, expect to be there for at least 7+ years before you get one of the really good jobs
Pros
Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Large gap between job pay tiers.
I made my own fun
Selector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 8, 2017
Very hot place to work .if you want to take care of your family and not have a life great job .expect to be forced over to work at the very last minute
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
Hot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Libbey. Our community is ready to answer.