1. High School diploma or equivalent (Microsoft training a plus).
2. Knowledge of Cisco network platforms, Windows desktop, Windows Server operating systems, Apple iOS, iOS Mobile devices, Avaya telephone equipment
3. Maintain current TB testing as required by Health Department regulations (after employment offer is made).
1. Assist the Director of Technology with all technical and administrative tasks as assigned for the purpose of maintaining continuity.
2. Consult with users and evaluate requirements, recommend designs and layouts, provide cost analyses, plan short, medium, and long range projects, and coordinate tasks for installation of technologies for the purpose of providing secure, cost-effective information systems tailored to the users’ needs.
3. Responsible for all computer systems, networks, applications, and other technologies to ensure that all systems are performing at top efficiency.
4. Setup, support, and maintain all wired and wireless Network equipment and protocols for the purpose of making sure all information systems communicate correctly.
5. Analyze and resolve technical problems for all network, server, print, email, application, and telephone infrastructure and system of keeping maximum up-time.
6. Plan, test, recommend, and implement network, file server, mainframe, and workstation hardware and software for providing secure network resources.
7. Provide network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients and programmers for keeping the staff informed and trained on current systems.
8. Serve as technical specialist in technical problems, issues, and emergencies for providing leadership during unscheduled downtime.
9. Conduct technical research on technology upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current systems to maintain upgraded and working information systems.
10. Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, email, phone, and file services for allowing users the proper access to the network resources.
11. Work as a team member with other technical staff, to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems for providing maximum up time for the network.
12. Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems for networking with other information technology professionals.
13. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network for the purpose of ensuring data is secure.
14. Document network problems and resolutions for future reference and avoid repeat problems.
15. Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding student and staff information in order to remain in compliance with legal requirements and to maintain a professional work environment.
16. Perform other duties as assigned for ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
17. Assist personnel of other departments as a Technical resource.
18. Oversee the installation of all hardware, software, printing and telephone equipment.
19. Work as a team member and ensure proper functioning of IT Service desk.
20. Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.