Liberty Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Always felt secure about my job and fairly good healthcare
Teller (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILJanuary 31, 2016
Nice challenging job in that it forces you to think about each situation uniquely. Bit of favoritism going on in management levels, but only a few things that are hard to cope with. Lots of opportunities to make extra money with bonuses, events outside of banking hours, and organizations to join. Room to advance if you are patient and excel at your job.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, different challenges each day
Cons
Poor pay, small office culture
great bank only to gain experience in the financial industry.
Commercial Lending Teller/ Servicing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 22, 2013
A typical day involves processing Commercial loan Payments.
Setting up new loans
paying off loans
adding/subtracting Customer information
creating new loan files
creating mortgage releases.
Customer service for internal and external customers.

There not much to learn after the first year and i've been in the same positions for over 11 years.

I have great co-worker that work just as hard as I do.

The hardest part of my job isn't the job itself, it getting m upper management to pay attention to what i do and how my work gets done throughout the day

The most enjoyable part is talking with customer and the problem solving required to do my job.
Pros
gym access, job security
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities, compensation not equal to industry scale unless its upper management
Good team
Commercial Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 18, 2016
good team, active staff, loan administration does a great job. Commercial lending team lead is amazing, credit is very good and will work with you
Great Company
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CTMay 25, 2015
Relocating or I wouldn't leave! Great benefits, the only company I know of that still offers a pension. Small, local, community driven - not sales crazed like bigger institutions.
Worst job ever
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 15, 2013
I was hired at Liberty with the idea that one person was my supervisor. On my 1st day I was introduced to a totally different person who would be my supervisor. The problem was, those 2 individuals did not communicate what had been discussed in my interview and hiring process regarding hours, time off, etc. The new supervisor was an employee who had been put into this position and was lacking in management skills, to say the least. Every word out of her mouth was foul and usually something untrue and unkind as well. Several people left their position at this place due to her as well. The rest of the people at the bank were very kind and compassionate in regards to the treatment some of us received. I have since learned she has been demoted which I believe was the best decision for her. Also, they were so far behind in their pipeline that when I was hired in January they had refinances they were working on from September and she made it a point to place blame on me when I didn't have them closed promptly although I had to start the files over from scratch.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
lack of communication between supervisors
Growing multi-state banking institution
Executive Vice President-Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 29, 2014
Very busy schedule in reviewing and supervising multiple banking departments and branches covering five states. This was offset by being highly interactive in civic, governmental matters, and social/political events. I gained a lot of knowledge and experience in working with high level governmental and legislative personnel.
Pros
compensation, political & governmental interactions, high learning curve
Cons
often not enough talent to carryout all of the desired tasks. intense time pressures.
Great place to work with some of the best people I've worked with
Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 1, 2014
8 to 5 typing loans all day. Fun, Fun Fun!!!!!!!!!! I loved this job and all the girls that I worked with. We had worked with each other for so long and got along so well. Our boss was the greatest!!! Some of the loans that we typed were fairly complicated layered loans but we all worked together and helped each other out so that most days went pretty well.
Pros
great insurance benefits and time off
poor work environment, discrimination and uncaring management
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Deep River CTMarch 26, 2015
Branch inconsistency in terms of both customer service as well as employee practices. Unfair and discriminatory hostile work environment - managers are very unprofessional. Lack of job security and career options/ advancement. Liberty does not promote from within as they claim to. It is horrific that they are awarded top work place in CT! Co workers are the most uneducated but overly opinionated. Management conducts themselves so unprofessionally and discuss other employees with subordinates without discretion.
Cons
abusive managers and unresponsive HR, no career advancement opportunities, inconsistency
Poor workplace
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAOctober 8, 2015
It was a dog eat dog world with that company. If they didn't like you, for any reason, they would take everything out on you that they could. No good sense of direction from management, and terrible leaders.
Friendly, almost a family environment.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2015
Fun, stress-less work place. The staff and the management working together on always improving the services provided by the bank. Nice community bank with great established history and traditions.
Pros
Professional and friendly working atmosphere.
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities.
A very difficult environment in which to get anything done!
VICE PRESIDENT/COMMERCIAL LOAN OFFICER (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAOctober 1, 2013
This Bank has some major issues that it chooses not to overcome.
Pros
only pro is 401k match
Cons
management, culture
Bank has been bought out.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IANovember 25, 2013
Good company to work for when it was Liberty Bank. Has officially been bought by another bank. I'm sure the culture and benefits will change with transition.
Interesting and fun workplace
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2015
The typical workday included interacting with bank customers and helping them with banking needs which was always interesting and sometimes unpredictable and fun. The job wasn't hard at all. Interacting with customers was the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned how to be more patient with people.
Pros
Working in the city.
Cons
Company instability due to transition of ownership.
bad from start to finish
COMMERCIAL LENDING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJuly 24, 2015
Failed miserably at understanding the market. They sent mixed messages to their employees who then sent mixed messages into the market place. Mixed messages is not a good formula for success.
Pros
Cons
bad leadership, bad company
Teller, Setting recorders for opening Accounts, Depositing and Cashing check!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 20, 2014
Consistant work schedule, providing great customer service and being the face of the company when customers walk in. Giving explanations as to why were are doing such things. For example, why we can't deposit a check when you don't have the same amount of funds in your account. Huge responsibility whether it be with balancing your drawer or the safe, opening the safe, making sure you deposit and cash checks correctly and hand back the correct amount of money.
Pros
free accounts, consistent schedule
Cons
not a lot of other opportunities, ok management
Enjoyable place to work
Consumer Lender (Current Employee) –  Springfield MoApril 6, 2015
Everyday was a new day. I review consumer loan applications for 24 different locations anything from car, boat, motorcycle and home equity loans. Worked well with direct management and co-workers. The most enjoyable was working with the different locations on various different loans to get them to closing.
Average Work experience
IT (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 10, 2014
Typical work day is 8 to 24 hours depending on position requirements. I've learned my career path by working here and I enjoy my co-workers greatly. Management is A-typical in it's care for employees, at least for the majority. Hardest part of the job is dealing with regulatory guidelines and Quarterly audits. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with some of the smartest and funniest people in the banking world.
Great Company but some of the management not so good
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 16, 2014
The branch I worked at was in a small town so I knew almost of the customers. I really enjoyed working for the company. The branch I was working at was taken over by new management and she was trying to find things to get rid of the old staff. I worked for the company for 2+ years. Started as part time at a Cash A Check branch and worked my way up to service supervisor. Most all the co-workers that I met on the job were great. There were also some you had to watch. I loved what I did, it was enjoyable going to work. I learned so much while I was there. I became a notary, got my NMLS certificate, and also during that time I was a CSS.
Pros
company functions
Cons
poor management
My experience as being a Teller Supervisor
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 3, 2013
Supervising was great. I learned to delegate, motivate, inspire the coworkers to achieve their monthly goals. Management was great, being apart of that family and environment was great to be around every day. The hardest part of the job was declining people of car loans or if they had to many charge off accounts at other banks to where we denied them services at our bank. The most enjoyable part of providing services and products to all customers and to see the enjoyment they had as they left the bank knowing they could trust our bank and me who set up their account.
Pros
training offered
Cons
communication from bank
Community Banking at its best
1st Vice President/Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2015
I worked at Liberty Bank since inception. It was a wonderful journey and made life long friends. Working in a community bank is much different than working in a big bank. You are in the office or in near contact with all senior management. All functions in one building or near by.

2.9