Liberty Bank Employee Reviews

Interesting and fun workplace
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 21, 2015
Pros: Working in the city.
Cons: Company instability due to transition of ownership.
The typical workday included interacting with bank customers and helping them with banking needs which was always interesting and sometimes unpredictable and fun. The job wasn't hard at all. Interacting with customers was the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned how to be more patient with people.
Friendly, almost a family environment.
Teller (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 10, 2015
Pros: Professional and friendly working atmosphere.
Cons: Not many advancement opportunities.
Fun, stress-less work place. The staff and the management working together on always improving the services provided by the bank. Nice community bank with great established history and traditions.
Great Company
Service Supervisor (Current Employee), CTMay 25, 2015
Relocating or I wouldn't leave! Great benefits, the only company I know of that still offers a pension. Small, local, community driven - not sales crazed like bigger institutions.
Enjoyable place to work
Consumer Lender (Current Employee), Springfield MoApril 6, 2015
Everyday was a new day. I review consumer loan applications for 24 different locations anything from car, boat, motorcycle and home equity loans. Worked well with direct management and co-workers. The most enjoyable was working with the different locations on various different loans to get them to closing.
poor work environment, discrimination and uncaring management
Office Admin (Former Employee), Deep River CTMarch 26, 2015
Cons: abusive managers and unresponsive HR, no career advancement opportunities, inconsistency
Branch inconsistency in terms of both customer service as well as employee practices. Unfair and discriminatory hostile work environment - managers are very unprofessional. Lack of job security and career options/ advancement. Liberty does not promote from within as they claim to. It is horrific that they are awarded top work place in CT! Co workers are the most uneducated but overly opinionated. Management conducts themselves so unprofessionally and discuss other employees with subordinates without discretion.
Productive, challenging, and fun work place.
LOAN ADMIN ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 16, 2015
Maintenance loans, run loan payments, upload new loans, renew loans, scan documents, and run daily reports. Always driving you to reach your full potential as an employee.
Fun work environment
MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR (Current Employee), Alton, ILFebruary 2, 2015
On a typical day, I review customers credit, input data into applications, and contact customers regarding loan options.
Community Banking at its best
1st Vice President/Administrative Officer (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2015
I worked at Liberty Bank since inception. It was a wonderful journey and made life long friends. Working in a community bank is much different than working in a big bank. You are in the office or in near contact with all senior management. All functions in one building or near by.
Teller, Setting recorders for opening Accounts, Depositing and Cashing check!
Teller (Former Employee), Rogers, ARNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free accounts, consistent schedule
Cons: not a lot of other opportunities, ok management
Consistant work schedule, providing great customer service and being the face of the company when customers walk in. Giving explanations as to why were are doing such things. For example, why we can't deposit a check when you don't have the same amount of funds in your account. Huge responsibility whether it be with balancing your drawer or the safe, opening the safe, making sure you deposit and cash checks correctly and hand back the correct amount of money.
terrible enviroment
teller (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTNovember 13, 2014
Liberty Bank in Cromwell Ct.
Worst experience ever in a job. Been doing this for over 20 yrs. Worst people in management. They were very unprofessional and shadey. The assistant manager was clueless and just riding the coatails of everyone else. So happy not part of that crew.
Tremendous Job
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Middletown, CTAugust 18, 2014
Learned about financial service as well as helping customers with their needs
Wonderful work environment
Service Associate II (Current Employee), East Lyme, CTJuly 16, 2014
Great supervisor and branch manager. Excellent branch to work in and wonderful work environment.
Great work enviroment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Morrilton, ARJuly 14, 2014
Great co workers and great customers that I worked with on a daily basis. My bosses were the best I have ever worked for in the past.
Great place to work with some of the best people I've worked with
Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great insurance benefits and time off
8 to 5 typing loans all day. Fun, Fun Fun!!!!!!!!!! I loved this job and all the girls that I worked with. We had worked with each other for so long and got along so well. Our boss was the greatest!!! Some of the loans that we typed were fairly complicated layered loans but we all worked together and helped each other out so that most days went pretty well.
Great Company but some of the management not so good
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Middletown, CTJune 16, 2014
Pros: company functions
Cons: poor management
The branch I worked at was in a small town so I knew almost of the customers. I really enjoyed working for the company. The branch I was working at was taken over by new management and she was trying to find things to get rid of the old staff. I worked for the company for 2+ years. Started as part time at a Cash A Check branch and worked my way up to service supervisor. Most all the co-workers that I met on the job were great. There were also some you had to watch. I loved what I did, it was enjoyable going to work. I learned so much while I was there. I became a notary, got my NMLS certificate, and also during that time I was a CSS.
Average Work experience
IT (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJune 10, 2014
Typical work day is 8 to 24 hours depending on position requirements. I've learned my career path by working here and I enjoy my co-workers greatly. Management is A-typical in it's care for employees, at least for the majority. Hardest part of the job is dealing with regulatory guidelines and Quarterly audits. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with some of the smartest and funniest people in the banking world.
sales and customer services
Bank teller (Former Employee), Avenel, NJApril 8, 2014
Filing and data entry work.
Process phone and fax request
Cross selling to new customer
Growing multi-state banking institution
Executive Vice President-Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: compensation, political & governmental interactions, high learning curve
Cons: often not enough talent to carryout all of the desired tasks. intense time pressures.
Very busy schedule in reviewing and supervising multiple banking departments and branches covering five states. This was offset by being highly interactive in civic, governmental matters, and social/political events. I gained a lot of knowledge and experience in working with high level governmental and legislative personnel.
Great experience in meeting customers in a face to face atmospher
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Middletown, CTJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: bank functions
Cons: sales
Sales was the bottom line. Goals needed to be met on a personal , branch and bank level. Exceeded those every year. Great experience in meeting customers and getting to know business partners and town officials. Opened many doors for me. The best part of the job was I learned how to save money in my home.

The hardest part of the job was sales and meeting goals.
All of the employees are very friendly
MORTGAGE PROCESSING SUPERVISOR/OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 21, 2014
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with at Liberty Bank. We all stay in touch. It was a great place to work.