Liberty Bank

Liberty Bank Employer Reviews

Growing multi-state banking institution
Executive Vice President-Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: compensation, political & governmental interactions, high learning curve
Cons: often not enough talent to carryout all of the desired tasks. intense time pressures.
Very busy schedule in reviewing and supervising multiple banking departments and branches covering five states. This was offset by being highly interactive in civic, governmental matters, and social/political events. I gained a lot of knowledge and experience in working with high level governmental and legislative personnel.
Great experience in meeting customers in a face to face atmospher
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Middletown, CTJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: bank functions
Cons: sales
Sales was the bottom line. Goals needed to be met on a personal , branch and bank level. Exceeded those every year. Great experience in meeting customers and getting to know business partners and town officials. Opened many doors for me. The best part of the job was I learned how to save money in my home.

The hardest part of the job was sales and meeting – more... goals. – less
All of the employees are very friendly
MORTGAGE PROCESSING SUPERVISOR/OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 21, 2014
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with at Liberty Bank. We all stay in touch. It was a great place to work.
Bank has been bought out.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Ankeny, IANovember 25, 2013
Good company to work for when it was Liberty Bank. Has officially been bought by another bank. I'm sure the culture and benefits will change with transition.
I enjoyed working at Liberty Bank. Everyone became family-like.
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Jonesboro, AROctober 25, 2013
Pros: would let you off if you had a emergency, time off for doctor appointments, didn't require doctor for sickness
Cons: only three overdrafts per year for employees, charged employees for overdrafts
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. If you were having a bad day they would listen and try to make the day more enjoyable for you. The hardest part of the day was when you would get a customer that did nothing but complain. If you had a problem, your co-workers would listen and help solve your problem or try to make you feel better.
Worst job ever
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 15, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: lack of communication between supervisors
I was hired at Liberty with the idea that one person was my supervisor. On my 1st day I was introduced to a totally different person who would be my supervisor. The problem was, those 2 individuals did not communicate what had been discussed in my interview and hiring process regarding hours, time off, etc. The new supervisor was an employee who had – more... been put into this position and was lacking in management skills, to say the least. Every word out of her mouth was foul and usually something untrue and unkind as well. Several people left their position at this place due to her as well. The rest of the people at the bank were very kind and compassionate in regards to the treatment some of us received. I have since learned she has been demoted which I believe was the best decision for her. Also, they were so far behind in their pipeline that when I was hired in January they had refinances they were working on from September and she made it a point to place blame on me when I didn't have them closed promptly although I had to start the files over from scratch. – less
A very difficult environment in which to get anything done!
VICE PRESIDENT/COMMERCIAL LOAN OFFICER (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: only pro is 401k match
Cons: management, culture
This Bank has some major issues that it chooses not to overcome.
My experience as being a Teller Supervisor
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: training offered
Cons: communication from bank
Supervising was great. I learned to delegate, motivate, inspire the coworkers to achieve their monthly goals. Management was great, being apart of that family and environment was great to be around every day. The hardest part of the job was declining people of car loans or if they had to many charge off accounts at other banks to where we denied them – more... services at our bank. The most enjoyable part of providing services and products to all customers and to see the enjoyment they had as they left the bank knowing they could trust our bank and me who set up their account. – less
great bank only to gain experience in the financial industry.
Commercial Lending Teller/ Servicing Assistant (Current Employee), Middletown, CTAugust 22, 2013
Pros: gym access, job security
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, compensation not equal to industry scale unless its upper management
A typical day involves processing Commercial loan Payments.
Setting up new loans
paying off loans
adding/subtracting Customer information
creating new loan files
creating mortgage releases.
Customer service for internal and external customers.

There not much to learn after the first year and i've been in the same positions for over 11 years.

I have – more... great co-worker that work just as hard as I do.

The hardest part of my job isn't the job itself, it getting m upper management to pay attention to what i do and how my work gets done throughout the day

The most enjoyable part is talking with customer and the problem solving required to do my job. – less
Loved the people I worked with at Liberty
Teller (Former Employee), ARJune 10, 2013
One of the friendliest companys to work for. I transfered up to Springdale AR but the commute was to long from Bella Vista. Was a great work experience.
Small Bank
Deposit Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Beachwood, OhioMay 21, 2013
Hours are from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. Liberty is a small bank which causes a lack of opportunities for advancement.
good
Branch Manager, AVP (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 17, 2013
good company, decent pay, nice coworkers. Worked hard on getting employees trained. Back office too short staffed and errors occured
Stressful place to work
Loan Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Alton, ILApril 8, 2013
Pros: local community bank
Cons: they don't value family time
They don't have any appreciation for seasoned key employees.
Productive and friendly work environment
BANK TELLER (Former Employee), El Dorado Springs, MOMarch 21, 2013
I loved working at the bank. I got really close to all the other employees. We were more like a family than coworkers