Liberty Hospital Employee Reviews

fast paced but efficient
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 27, 2017
Loved starting my career here and loved the department and coworkers, management seemed to be a revolving door but staff was awesome. Community based nursing was definitely a focus.
great tele
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 18, 2017
I enjoyed learning all about the hospital as this was my first Nursing experience. I was sad when I was not chosen to train over in the maternity department after I graduated from nursing school.
Great place to work for a community based hospital
Board of Trustee Vice Chairman (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 31, 2017
Liberty Hospital
Is a great place to work and serves a great community. Long time management staff that is committed to the hospital. Senior medical staff is wonderful.
Pros
Community hospital and doesn't have the politics of a large facility .
Cons
Is short staffed on the nursing side at times
Not the best place for workers just starting out
Food Service Aide II (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 28, 2017
The pay is good, however, scheduling is very hard to work around. Co-workers were very welcoming in the beginning, but as time went by, they began to nitpick every thing you do wrong. I was expecting better but after working there for two weeks, I was considering g finding another place to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Coworkers, managers, environment
Short staffed occasionally
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 25, 2017
Will continue working on an as needed bases. Some entitled and overbearing charge nurses occasionally. Education requirements seem over the top. Must have pretty thick skin to work there
Pros
Employee deduct for meals and gift shop
Cons
Staffing issues
Liberty Hospital Review
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJanuary 23, 2017
I began working at Liberty Hospital as a floating secretary at night. I was able to quickly move up in the secretary pool as openings became available.

The management at the hospital was always helpful and fair. We were given continuing education very often. Raises were given regularly. My immediate supervisors were always available to help me in any way they could.

I retired In August 2011 to care for my husband who had been diagnosed with cancer.
Pros
Educated and helpful supervisors
Cons
At times lack of staff
enjoyed the people and learned a lot from my peers
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 8, 2016
I had the opportunity to work with some amazing people that were so helpful and caring. it was enjoyable to come to work and learn something new everyday.
A good job for being a face to face people person.
Receptionist/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MONovember 29, 2016
I greet patients as they come through the door, register the patient and order there test to get them to the correct department.
Change is good
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MONovember 1, 2016
The hospital is making great strides to improve both as a workplace and as a hospital. There are so many wonderful changes being made and so many new ideas and plans. It is an exciting time to be at Liberty Hospital.
Pros
environment, comparable pay scales
Cons
vacation time is not great
Good co-workers, kept me busy
Front desk, receptionist, file clerk (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 23, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of answering phones, greeting patients, getting patients ready for tests, filing, answering Dr's questions, finding files and distributing reports.
Pros
Loved helping patients
Cons
Dealing with death
Learning hospital
CNA Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 3, 2016
There are several opportunities to learn within the hospital. But there is not much advancement with in the pay scale. There is care for the patients.
Pros
learning
Cons
pay
Great work Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 1, 2016
I love the staff and the people at Liberty Hospital. Friendly environment. Really take great care of their patients and staff.
Not the worst, but not the best
Pre Surgical Testing Registrar (Current Employee) –  Patient AccessApril 26, 2016
Things have changed a lot over the last several years. I used to enjoy coming to work everyday, loving my job, loving being here. The warm feeling has dissipated. Our department does not communicate very well in the sense to improve things, we all haven't gotten raises in a long time aside from the market raise recent, but since then it had been quite a minute. I have been here for 10 years this year, and I feel I'm doing Administrative Assistant work for minimal pay, it's gotten horrible.
Pros
Most of the co-workers are enjoyable to work with
Cons
No raises, no communication. Just has become an overall not warming place to work for.
Great place to work!
Environmental Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 18, 2016
I loved working here! So many great people and management was excellent. I had to move back to Michigan so it was unfortunate that I could not stay!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 16, 2016
It was a great place to work. We had team work from the top all the way down the ladder.Coworkers where also great to work with . We helped each other and yes even though I was a secretary i did get up and help with the patients need such lifting help, bathroom and anything as far as a glass of water.I really enjoyed my work environment.We also had a great team of Dr's who I enjoyed working with.The only hard part was not enough help.It was always about the patients on what we could do to help them.
Pros
we hard a stress cart that came around, free ice cream day
Cons
not enough help
Below average place to work
LabTech (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 8, 2016
Although I loved my job as a phlebotomist and enjoyed the interaction with coworkers and patients the management was in constant flux with what they wanted from us. Example: originally we were expected to draw 25 a shift by the time I left they were expecting 40+ on multiple floors. nearly an impossible feat in the time constraints we were given. they would let people go and never replace them. I had gotten ill and had a 9 month old at home. I had missed 3 days in November with doctors note. I was let go in Feb. stating I did not have approval to miss those days in November. I had over 2 weeks sick and PTO built up that I had never used. I just felt they had odd business practices.
Pros
Original schedule, cowrkers, and patients
Cons
management of employees, timely evaluations, discpline
fast pace fun hospital to work in
Radiology Tech. /CT Tech (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJanuary 6, 2016
Level II trauma center, great hospital and always something new and exciting coming through the doors. In patient radiology suite as well as the patients in the hospital always something going on. Great management team there to support you and guide you in the right direction.
Pros
large company, job security, part of the team
Cons
none to think of.
drama and favorites played by management
Emergency Room employee (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MONovember 6, 2015
This is a double standard place to work. If the management or director has you in their click, you get away with anything. If you dont play the games or brown nose, then you are picked on by the charge nurses and the management. Everyone talks about everyone behind their backs, Very grade school type environment and drama women. Doctors and a lot of the nurses are lazy, if its not "their job" then they dont do it or help with it. The motto of Liberty Hospital should be "Double standards is our specialty" . There is a lot of bullying by the older females and the charges nurses who were brought in from another hospital by the director. No one plays nice with anyone, very "clicky". DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Pros
the patients that come to Liberty ER are wonderful
Cons
everything other then the patients
Never a dull moment!
Admin. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 1, 2015
There is a lot of variety in the work I do. Everyday is different from the previous. Working with patients and families is very rewarding.
Pros
Reduced cost meals, recognition for a job well done
Cons
Lack of communication between those in upper management
Not for me
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 19, 2015
I worked nights and I just don't think my body ever adjusted to the weird hours. Maybe if I had worked a better shift I would have liked this job more than I did.