Liberty Hospital

Liberty Hospital Employee Reviews

Busy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Liberty, MOMarch 7, 2015
Medical/Surgical floor converted to telemetry.
Must have knowledge of electronic medical records.
Must be able to keep up with a busy days work.
Excellent group of health care providers who care about what they do.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Liberty, MOFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: employee benefits, work hours
Cons: utilization of job skills
I spend the majority of my day completing patient intake interviews for multiple providers. I have found in the short amount of time with the company that I am not in an atmosphere in which I am able to use the amount of skills that I feel I am capable of. Where I have no bad feelings towards the company itself, I just don't feel I am being challenged enough.
I like working there
patient care tech (Current Employee), Liberty, MODecember 6, 2014
Pros: small, friendly operation; helpful administration; tuition assistance
Cons: often negative atmosphere among coworkers
I like working here. Sometimes the workload would become a little overwhelming, but such is the way of things in healthcare. My department recently adjusted their grid to increase staffing based on census and it has been a positive change. Everyone in administration is very nice and have been willing to help or answer any questions when issues arise.

I think the only negative is the attitude of some of the coworkers. A few of them have legitimate gripes, but 99% complain simply for the sake of complaining... but you'll find that nearly anywhere.

Overall, my experience at Liberty Hospital has been positive. I would recommend working there.
Low pay
Coding Analyst II / Coding Manager (Former Employee), Liberty, MOOctober 13, 2014
There is no room for advancement and financial situation of the facility is unstable with a 2013 lay-off of over 100 employees. Job security is questionable
Fast paced, educational
Radiologic Technologist/CT Technologist (Former Employee), Liberty, MOSeptember 29, 2014
A great place to learn the Radiology field. Very fast paced, great benefits, great teaching hospital.
Fast-paced workplace with opportunity to use critical thinking skills and autonomy.
RN-Level I&II Nursery & Post Partum Mother/ Baby (Current Employee), Liberty, MOSeptember 24, 2014
I work 1800-0600 3 nights a week. I care for the newborn after delivery, admit symptomatic infants to the NICU, and also provide care and education to families during the postpartum period. I have to think and work quickly when emergencies arise on our unit.
I have been a charge nurse, preceptor, and am currently an NRP instructor. I take initiative and I'm not afraid to be an advocate for my patients.
The hardest part of the job currently, is working while understaffed. I am a hard-worker and can manage a heavy workload, but I would like to have more time with my patients to better prepare them for discharge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of my patients. Nothing is more rewarding than helping a sick infant become well or assisting new parents as they learn to care for their infant with confidence. I also enjoy the satisfaction that comes when my co-workers and I have worked together as a team and provided a safe environment where they can heal and bond with the newest member of their family.
Teamwork
Full-time, Staff Therapist (Former Employee), Liberty, MOAugust 12, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: short staffed at times
Providing high quality care to all patients. Maintain current licensure and credentials
Best job I have ever worked for.
Radiology Receptionist / Secretary (Former Employee), Liberty, MOAugust 11, 2014
Liberty Hospital is the best job I have ever had This job not only gave me job satisfaction but also gave me an opportunity to perform with utmost satisfaction and accuracy and also helped me to show compassion to patients.
We had a Great bunch of guys and gals in our Department. Also the other departments such as staff and nurses that were great to work for.
Grounds crew 10-yrs. Engineering Asst. 4yrs (Former Employee), 2525 Glenn Hendren Drive, Liberty, Mo. 64068April 18, 2014
Pros: advancement, training, free meals, company picnics, employees, going to work
Cons: responsibility
Preparation for scheduling the work to be done because of patients needs and wants within the departments.We worked in a shop area on equipment repairs like patient beds or pumps or kitchen and housekeeping equipment. We could go to our Manager and tell them what we needed or cost and they would get parts ordered or new equipment if it was more cost effective to replace without any problems. He was great from all stand points in what we suggested or for help in determining what to do or how to handle a situation. We all had some type of specialty and you could ask your co-workers for information or help and they would always jump in and help get things done. Hardest part sometimes was scheduling some work to get around patient care or the length of time to get a job done without delays from emergency request unexpected.The most enjoyable parts would be if a patient was having trouble with anything in their rooms was knowing we could get it done while they recovered from whatever it be surgery or some sickness without interfering their sleeping or care. Both in a time frame as soon as possible or causing any problems while they were in our care. Sometimes just letting them talk while you worked and just having someone communicate with you and know someone they mentioned or made their day. They always had the right to fill out a report if they wanted to relay it to our manager or The Hospital CEO with a Compliment and The Administrator would post it in the The Hospital News Bulletin or Department Bulletin board.You felt good about pleasing that patient and your contribution.
Busy, Team Oriented Hospital
Staff Nurse Medical/Surgical/Telemetry/Neurology (Former Employee), Liberty, MOFebruary 16, 2014
Direct patient care for acute stroke patients. Management of acute conditions, medication admin, pathophysiology of disease processes.
Do not work here!
Radiology Assistant/Transporter (Former Employee), Liberty, MOJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: plenty pre may 2013, post not much
Cons: nurses are expected to work thru lunch. 401k contributions minimal, poor morale, etc.
The hospital had a massive layoff in May 2013. Before then it was a fun place to work. not anymore. After layoff I was hired back in July to work in another department. In that short time between May and July the hospital changed for the worse. Instead of a team attitude with everyone having each other's back and being supportive of one another, instead employees spied on their co-workers and talked behind their backs and bad-mouthed other employees. I worked there for nearly 4 years with no problems. I did my job well and was well liked. when i first started there, i lacked confidence and was more shy than i am now. However, my supervisor was not a micro manager type. she allowed me to slowly build up my confidence over time as and as i got better at my job. I worked as a patient sitter supervising patients with suicide tendencies or others such as alzheimers. etc. I was directed with observing patients and passing on observations to assigned nurses as well as using a variety of tactics to keep patient calm and at ease. this ranged from providing snacks, adjusting lighting, heating, recommending movies from hospital dvd library, etc. I had no issues during my nearly 4 years there as a patient sitter. But when i was laid off then re-hired back for a day shift as transporter for the radiology department, it was a whole different story. my co-workers ignored me, isolated me and never talked to me. they would have conversations around me all the time and never include me. they never made any effort to get to know me and during my first week were overly critical. they told me i – more... was too slow and how i wasnt nearly as good as them. And this was during my first couple days! These 2 other transporters were the the supervisors favorites. they could do no wrong. these girls tattled on me for every minor mistake i made. they gave me poor training and frequently made assumptions that i knew how to do something then they criticized me for doing it wrong when they never even trained me how to do it at all. they were soley responsible for signing off in a critical skills assessment book that all new employees get. as each skill is demonstrated satisfactorily, the assigned person signs off. when i was first hired, i got my skills signed off by my supervisor during an assigned day and time that we went over the skills and i demonstrated my knowledge. not this time. my co-workers/mentors made no effort to make time to go over the skill book with me nor help me get the skills mastered. we were expected to work independently and yet at the same time be observed. it made no sense. these girls worked independently of me and i was somehow supposed to track them down when they were on other floors and get them to leave their assigned patients to observe me helping mine. these girls made no effort to sign my skill book or make sure i was learning the criticial skills. i was told my many nurses and aides that i was doing a good job and i was well liked by most people in the hospital and even some patients. but none of that mattered because my assigned mentors/co workers from my department didnt like me and made every effort to exclude me and keep me from exceeding in my new position. I dont know why they were like this. I tried so hard to be friendly and a fast learner and hard worker and none of it mattered to them. no matter what i did, i was never fast enough or worked well. and though many nurses and aides said i did a good job transporting patients and helping them, these 2 girls who rarely observed me, would go back to the supervisor every chance they go to talk about me. they never did anything to help me feel welcome or help me learn. there were also one or two nurses who said i lack confidence. but the supervisor who fired me refused to tell me their names or dates of alleged incidents. i am not a naturally confident person. for me, it builds over time as i get more comfortable with a job. I was a sitter in my first position as liberty for over 6 months before i felt fully confident in my abilities. But this go around, i was expected to pick all aspects of my job within a few days and demonstrated outward confidence right away. I was treated so unfairly. i really needed that job and i would recommend that nobdoy work there. people dont care about their co-workers. it is a place where backstabbing, lying, kissing up is rewarded. hard work comes behind that as a requirement to keep ur job. the laziest, meanest people are rewarded. i never was told which nurses had an issue with my work. all i was ever told by the supervisor who fired me was that a couple nurses said they felt i was confident enough in my job. i dont know if this was during my first week or last. nobody ever once during the last 2 months that i was there in my new department ever came to me directly to criticize my work (except for when i was shadowing my co-workers during my first week.) I often didnt learn about mistakes i made or things i could have done better until days or weeks later. every minor infraction, mistake or whatever is automatically escalated to the supervisor. from the most minor, insignificant mistakes to the most major, all are reported by the nurses to the supervisors. it makes new employees like me on edge because u are constantly on high alert thinking what next mistake will get u fired. u dont feel relaxe enough to learn and grow because u are constantly on edge knowing u are being watched and judged every minute. u are never given the benefit of the doubt. i even had nurses lie about my performance to the supervisor alleging i did something i didnt do. I was never given a full chance to defend myself. after allegation of wrongdoing is believed by the supervisor and taken as fact especially if that allegation is made by a more senior staff person against a new employee. u are constantly being watched and judged and rather than come to me directly with genuine criticism or suggestions, everything was escalated to the supervisor. and i mean everything. i understand patient safety and care is important but at the same time if a new employee makes a minor mistake that in no way put a patient at risk or harmed the patient, i dont understand why the observing nurse could not have come to me directly about something. it was so hard to learn the job because nobody (except during my first week shadowing) ever came to me with criticisms or concerns. i didnt learn about them until days or weeks later and i was then asked to defend myself when i had no recollection of the alleged infraction because it had occurred weeks earlier and i was given only the bare facts with nothing like date, time, name of patient, floor, etc. basically what it comes down to is is if u want to work somewhere where u are friends with ur co workers and u want to work somewhere where u can vent a little or make a comment in private to him or her, be prepared to be tattled on. nothing u say to any co-worker there is kept confidential. everyone spies on everyone else. and everyone tattles constantly on others. u never know who u can trust and who is out to get u. – less
Liberty Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA (Former Employee), Liberty, MODecember 31, 2013
I worked for this company for two and a half years. I was constantly given new and exciting things to do each day.

The most enjoyable part would have to be the patients. I enjoyed helping them with everything during their stay.
fun place to work great if you like helping others
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 6, 2013
fast pasted, clean fun work place great people and lots of infomation to learn
Frustrating work environment due to financial cutbacks.
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee), Liberty, MODecember 3, 2013
The hospital was financially unstable. Changes were made in management and part-time positions were eliminated in SS department. Converting to case management.
A terrible mess
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Liberty, MONovember 14, 2013
Pros: helping patients
Cons: no breaks, no lunches, no team work
Terrible place to work. It is definitely a "sinking ship" like someone else said. Management is not helpful to its employees. Nurse patient ratio too high and what aides had to take was insane - therefore, not much aide help. Patient safety is severely compromised.
Nice place to be.
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee), Liberty MOSeptember 10, 2013
The have some good staff and a nice building. I would recommend going there.
Okay place to work, no help nor team work.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Liberty HospitalJune 23, 2013
Pros: helping patients
Cons: no team work
working for this company has many ups and downs.. One downer is one aid with twenty people and no help nor support from team members.
Good place to work and good people to work with. Good organization.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Liberty, MOJune 18, 2013
Very busy administrative office. I typed correspondence, handled inter-office and in and outgoing mail for the two administrators I worked for and a third administrator occasionally; typed notices, agendas and minutes for governance and corporate meetings; kept online and hard copy guidelines up to date; some data entry; made travel arrangements for seminars, conferences; meeting planning; answered phones; interacted with visitors.

I learned much about the many facets of what it takes to make a hospital run.

Worked with management and many co-workers constantly.

Enjoyed being able to satisfactorily answer questions of management and directing former patients/visitors to best place for most direct help for their problems/questions.
Fun place to be, staff are very outgoing and cool to work with
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Liberty, MOMay 20, 2013
The staff there are amazing to work with. It's not about my patient your patient. They are all willing to help. I was even a patient there as well and they took amazing care of me.
Financial Counselor
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Liberty, MOMay 9, 2013
.• Make arrangements with patients
• follow up on the payment
• Meet with walk in patients if they have questions or are self-pay
• Assist the collection agencies
• Review invoices for accuracy
• Manage all prepay maternity patients
• Financial assistance
• Cover vacancies for our insurance collecting
• Filed liens and auto/liability claims
• Assist patients attorneys
• Bankruptcies
• Lawsuits
• Testified at court when needed
• Any other duties in my department as needed