Liberty Medical Supply Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working with the elderly
Certified Nurse Assistant/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bells, TNMarch 28, 2017
From start to finish there was never a dull moment. If you werent learning from your superiors or your coworkers you were learning from your patients themselves. Although at times it felt like there were mor chiefs than indians if I ever needed help I was always able to find it. I think the hardest part of the job was having to say good bye to a patient, I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with each of my patients
Pros
MY JOB WAS CLOSE TO HOME
Cons
NA
Not recommended
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMarch 16, 2017
Typical day at work would include packing Insulin and shipping it out to customers.
I learned how to pack insulin based on what part of the United States it was going and the temperature in the State.
The hardest part of the job was the drive to Salem Va. from Martinsville, Va. and be disrespected by the Boss.
Pros
pay
Cons
Disrespected and Treated Unfairly
Great place to work!
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLFebruary 13, 2017
I worked at Liberty Medical through a job agency, only for a minimum time frame, while working at this company, they made me fell as if I was a not a temp. Great place to work.
productive enviroment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 20, 2017
everything was unorganized, posting was always done incorrectly, the salary was not enough, no good benefits,did provide good training
Pros
love the people there
Cons
short breaks, messed up computer systems
great company
Senior Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJJanuary 18, 2017
variety of human service job opportunities. flexible job schedule great management team!!! positions range from elder care services to youth group home support worker. Hardest part of the job is certain locations may be a little difficult to reach by public transportation.
Fun place to work
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at Liberty Medical Supply. I love my co-workers and the management team was easy to talk to but sometimes it was hard getting answers in a timely matter.
Good , Creative and Productive
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJDecember 22, 2016
It fun working every moment. Everyday I experience to talk to new people to assist an help whoever needs my help.Our management were pretty good .Crew were good and ready to help whenever we on the move.We had to devote all love and care for all. Meeting many individuals makes me happy
great company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 14, 2016
this is a very great company to work for, learned almost everything i know. they are very hands on and organized with they departments and work space.
A fast paced work environment with a great team of doctors and staff.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXNovember 6, 2016
Rooming patients, taking vitals and chief complaints. I learned to assist with multiple surgical procedures and wound care options. I learned the task of drug screens and in house X-rays and Dexa scans. We had friendly management that made sure things were going well. I worked with a great group of co-workers that made the facility a fun place to work. The hardest part of the job was the overbooking of patients, but it all worked out. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great doctors, other medical staff and the front staff.
Pros
They worked well in trying to be flexible when we had family issues.
Cons
No affordable benefits at the time that I was employed.
Used to be a great company where they strongly believed in working as a team.
Senior Documents Acquisition Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 14, 2016
The company has gone through a lot of changes. There has been many lay offs and the jobs were sent overseas. Many long time loyal employees lost their jobs. Currently the work environment is still somewhat stressful as the company ,even with new management and owners, is still going thru many changes and downsizing.
Pros
healthcare, great benefits package
Cons
stressful environment
Engaging atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2016
Very casual and relaxed workplace. Great for entry level sales with opportunity to create lasting career. Family owned and operated company that believes employees are family.
Good Job but can get boring
Insurance Verification Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 12, 2016
You on the phone or typing on computered all day long
Patients or clients on phone reacts to your voice and will listen to you if you are friendly or if you too stern they will not. You will get alot of hang ups before you actually reach them. So you have to never give up
Management bascially just there to help you and if you have question they are there to answered them. Coworkers are friendly and helpful but most of the time you not able to have conversation with them unless you on break
The Hardest part of the job is when a patient becomes disappointed when they can not get what they want and you are to tell them this is only thing that can be done at this time and going forward to close.
The most enjoyable part of the job is hear the patient smile with your efforts and know you done the best that you can do for that patient or you gone extra mile to satisfy that patient on the phone.
Pros
you leave feeling you either help or inform a patient
Cons
it can get boring at times
I externed there
Medical Assistant (Extern) (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILJuly 6, 2016
I didn't work there i just did my externship for my schooloing there I did 240 hours there as a extern for my schooling i do not know a lot about the company
3 out of 5 stars
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 27, 2016
Nice place to work. Enjoyed meeting sales goals. Enjoyed working with my co workers. Good work conditions. Over all good company to work for.
Not the great company it once was...
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 8, 2016
Unfortunately, Liberty has under gone many changes over the years. At one time it was the largest employer in Port St. Lucie and was financially sound, had a great corporate culture, and offered great salary and benefits. If you worked for Liberty you were admired.

The company filed for bankruptcy in 2012, salaried were cut across the board by 20%. The company was purchased 22 months later by two local "entrepreneurs," whose interests are to make money for themselves. They make no investment in the employees, pay them well under market rates and benefits are very expensive. There has been little to no investment in the company infrastructure. Most the talent that made the company great has left to other places or was laid off. It is rare that the owners are in the office, totally invisible. They do not know anyone by name except for the Senior Management Team. They do not practice "management by walking around."

After 4 years of NO raises, merit raises were finally given. Not everyone received the maximum 4%, even though the employees have remained loyal and committed to the company over the last four years. If that does not affirm a merit raise, I am not sure what does?

I loved working for this company at one time, but not now. It will be a very long time for this company to land on its feet again, if they ever really do.
Pros
Parking, modern building
Cons
Poor employee culture, poor salaries
Solid place to work
New Patient Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 22, 2016
It was a good company to work for. That is, until they laid everyone off all at one time. They are now very small company as far as our area is concerned.
took incoming calls from patients re balances
data entry (Former Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLJanuary 22, 2016
typical day at work was just taking calls from patients & giving them the information they requested about their balances & to pay balances
Doctor Verbal Rep - Melissa Murray (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 20, 2016
I learned many position with this company, here we had about three different companies running in one call center and I learned every one so when they was short of reps for one center I was able to help out so I can make my hours, they pretty much sold the same product with different numbers for the item in three different catalogs.
Pros
Incentives, holiday bonus and etc
Cons
Some manager didn't treat all employees equally.
Liberty Medical office
Assistant Manager / Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2016
It was a good productive place to work before it closed
I had a good time working there every one was friendly and a good family environment
Pros
good pay
Cons
can be a litte crazy sometimes
I choose not to disclose any information.
repair technician (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYNovember 23, 2015
I choose not to disclose any information pertaining to Astoria Internet, whether it be about the management or my experience while being employed at this facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Medical Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8