Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Great pay, terrible management
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Warrenville, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: A college degree does not equal Management - Managers that are clueless - No work life balance
The company will not hire enough people, but has mandatory overtime on a regular basis.
Claim Representatives are promoted to management on the sole basis of having college degree. Work experience is not a factor. Therefore there are very young managers that have not done the job in which they are managing someone to do.
In recent years the company has been making a habit of setting up their seasoned employees for failure & firing them. They set their eyes on a particular employee and keep them under a microscope. They will then replace the seasoned & very knowledgeable employee with a young employee that does not have a spouse or children so they can be at their beckon call.
Due to the recent practices, the complaints have gotten out of control.
10 years ago you knew everyone that worked in your office. You made close friends with your coworkers & knew their families. Now you don't know anyone's name.
The hardest part of the job is to correct the mistakes that unknowledgeable reps have made. A lot of the time the customer service is unrecoverable.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers through a difficult time & being able to educate the consumer.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), the woodlandsMay 21, 2015
Great work schedule, great work place, great incentives. Working in customer service has helped me grow as a person. The hardest part of the job would be processing a cancellation of a policy and seeing a customer go to a different carrier. The best part of the job is talking with different people all day and making sure their needs are met.
Office has closed since leaving
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 20, 2015
Pros: Salary and rewards for hard work
Cons: Office closed
Liberty Mutual was a good place to work, you were rewarded for hard work, the salary was great. I liked the upper management a lot and miss all the people I used to work with.
Exciting work environment and opportunities succeed
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2015
Liberty Mutual is a fantastic company to work for with plenty of benefits and opportunities to advance within the workplace. The management team is wonderful and we participate in the community, have team building activities, as well as individual goals that we are encouraged to exceed.
Good Work Culture & Importance to Work Life
Developer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 19, 2015
Pros: We can work in Latest Technologies
Cons: Nothing
I find Good Work Culture & importance to individual work life. Good place to work where you can find all the latest technologies.
Great Place to Start
Surety Underwriter International Accounts (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Culture
Cons: Lack of Clarity for future progress
Working in the international department for Liberty Mutual Surety, has been a great place to start a career, and place where a lot of experience has been gained. Between the travel, the handling of large accounts and the knowledge of the construction and bonding industry, its an environment that really teaches you the ins and outs of the business world. You are always involved and always moving, everything is fast paced and keeps you going.
Liberty Mutual Ins.
In-House Counsel (Former Employee), Orange, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: none
Liberty Mutual is a great place to work, support staff and attorneys are a joy to work with. Work environment is great, can't say enough of how great this place is to work.
too much gossip
Receptionist/Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTMay 12, 2015
Pros: learning experience
Cons: office manager
Everyone seems so stressed. A
Hard work goes unnoticed.
Management is unfair and plays both sides to everything.
Everyone talks about everyone and nothing gets done about it.
Conference Center (Current Employee), Dover New HampshireMay 12, 2015
I love my job, I am into customer service and love the clients I help each and everyday. I believe in making sure that everyone has a great experience and walks away happy and has been helped.
A great place to work
Associate Business Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2015
If it wasnt that i was moving , I would'nt leave my job. Liberty Mutal is a great place to work. I have learned many things about the systems and programs used in the company's day - to - day process.
Ive worked here many years and have enjoyed the ride...
Lead Service Specialist (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none at this time
Ive worked here for close to 22 years, i am on the phone all day helping policyholders and the rest of my team with anything that they may need. I assist my Branch manager in daily reports and supporting my team when someone is out of the office. The hardest part of the job is sometimes taking call after call and being able to complete everyones request in a timely fashion. We all work well together and I enjoy everyone that i work with. Learning new things to relay to the rest of my team is fun for me and researching a problem so that we all have learned something new to share with the team.
Temp Billing postion
Billing Service Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMay 11, 2015
Cons: Short lunch
Go in, answer phones, repeat until end of shift. The calls are all the same, no challenge. No reason to be great at the job because you still stay on the phones all day.
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 10, 2015
Pros: People are friendly
Cons: room for growth
It is a great place to work. The training of new employees is excellent. Senior management has frequent presentations that make it easier of employees to understand what is going on at the higher level.
Job is great
Water Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMay 8, 2015
Liberty is a family friendly company that cares about your future. They have strong ethics and a great work life balance
Horrible Local Office Management - Micro-Managing!
Work Comp Paralegal (Current Employee), Tigard, ORMay 7, 2015
Pros: Paid Time Off is one of the best benefits. After 3 years you accrue 2 paid days off each month.
Cons: Local Office Management - Revolving door, employees who leave in our department, haven't been replaced.
The Company as a whole is a very good one, very profitable. Local office management is horrible though, it's been a revolving door since I've been with Liberty. Employees who leave, haven't been replaced. Time off policy is good, but there is NO COVERAGE while you're on vacation. You come back and are buried in work, nothing but urgent mail gets done when you're out of the office.
Productive and fun workplace
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Wausau, WIMay 7, 2015
Pros: Great pay and work family.
Cons: Department is moving to Ohio.
On a daily basis I will answer about 75 calls a day from insureds and agents regarding policy questions. There are calls where we assist callers with state compliance rules, audits or other forms the state may require insureds to fill out. I enjoy interacting with our insureds and agents and get personal satisfaction that I was able to assist and provide a positive voice for this company.
Killer culture
anonymous (Current Employee), BostonMay 4, 2015
Workload and culture are killer. Terrible health insurance. Management is addicted to change, making true progress against goals impossible.
Great company to work for
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 30, 2015
Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for. The work is challenging and they compensate accordingly. Over the coming years Liberty is implementing a new management system, focused on lean principles, which I believe will further improve the organization, increase employee engagement and team collaboration.
would not recommend
Property Loss Specialist III (Current Employee), VAApril 29, 2015
Pros: pay is good
Cons: poor work/life balance; company does not care about its employees
Poor work/life balance
Extremely high turnover
Workload is unbearable. new claims are assigned faster than you complete the current claims
55+ hours per week, every week and often working on weekends and holidays.
No opportunity for advancement. Promotions are entirely political
Poor training program

Only positive thing to say is compensation and benefits package is nice. Overall this is a miserable place to work. Look elsewhere.
claims
Customer Claims Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: far from home
I worked in APD claims, I would take inbound calls from claimants, body shops, and also other insurance companies. I would assist with issues, schedule repairs, car rentals, issue payments, make liability decisions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Liberty Mutual

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a – Read more

Liberty Mutual Salaries