Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Found 1,674 reviews matching the search
Nice place to work
Commercial Property Subrogation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 17, 2017
The compensation with Liberty was spot on. The amount of vacation days you couldn't beat. I wish I could have retired from there but my job was moved to another state.
Constant Reorginization
Distribution and Sales Management (Current Employee) –  Illinois OfficeAugust 17, 2017
Company is in constant reorganization to find ways to cut expenses. Very political environment with an extreme lack of diversity across employees in Illinois. Company participating in a company wide inclusion and diversity campaign but yet to actually see any real attempt to hire employees of color. During layoffs, a lot of minorities were let go and not offered other positions to stay with the company.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Politics and Favoritism Rampant throughout
Good Company
N/A (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 16, 2017
Insurance is not an easy profession. If you have a tough skin and are persistent you can make it. Liberty is a strong company to work for, but sales goals are tough.
Claims customer service representative
Personal Lines Claims Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2017
As a claims customer service representative I engaged with 40+ clients per day to aid them in the set-up of personal auto and home claims. Good work life balance and organizational culture.
Pros
Many team/company contest
Cons
Promotions
Really valued their employees
Middle Market Commercial Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILAugust 15, 2017
My direct manager was fanatic enjoyed working with him for over 5 years.
Great employees, many of who I am still friends with.
Great Benefits
Pay was on the low side in the industry
Job security but lack of advancement
Pros
Management, Benefits
Cons
Pay and lack of advancement
Not so good
Customer Support / IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2017
Was not a happy Employee
Poor supervisor / Management

I do not recommend being employee there
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor supervisor / Management
My Experience
Billing Specialist and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2017
This company is not allow advancement, my immediate leadership was lacking in leadership knowledge, and abilities. Spread invalidated/unsubstantiated rumors. Never completed side by sides with me, gave feedback but no coaching. Gave me compliment but no opportunity to grow.
Call Center Environment
Inside Sales Advisor/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 9, 2017
Great place to work. You'll definitely feel at home, if you are a top sales individual who is driven every day. Most of you encourgement, 80%, will need to me internally on your own and in yourself. Meaning, you don't need motivation. 20% will be provided by your peers, supervisor, and/or managers. You'll make a great deal of money. Six figures is very likely, if you are able to put in HARD work. It's a beautiful place to work and it's all work. You can make friends but do not expect to hang out during working hours. Great people but when at work focus on work and you will do just fine.
Associate Service Representative Small Business Service Center
Commercial Associate Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2017
I like this role with Liberty Mutual due to the fact the call volume may fluctuate but its not a stressful load. The company pays pretty well and offers competitive benefits. There is continuous process improvement involved with my job and one take away that I will always keep with this position is that I learned a lot about business insurance and I am not a licensed agent through the company for the state of Texas and 47 other states.
Pros
Flexible Time off, and Lunch breaks can be up to an hr depending on how you set your schedule
Cons
If it is broke do not fix it and sometimes consider working smarter not harder, Liberty Mutual is constantly looking for problems or creating a problem to fix.
Great opportunity
Licensed Insurance Agent, PA, NJ, (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 8, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a great alternative for some who wants to start their own brokerage but does not want to take on the risk or can afford to start their own business
Great company, great employees
Bodily Injury Claim Resolution specialist II (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 8, 2017
Great company, great employees. WFH 2 days a week. Open door policy. Always asking employee opinion surveys to ensure the company is doing everything to keep and hire great people. Just wasn't the job for me
Executive Leadership
Sr. Director Commercial Insurance QA (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 8, 2017
Leadership is a major gap. The senior team is led by themselves with the senior most person sitting in an office without guidance and/or vision. a disconnect at the staff level between seniors and staff. Seniors not executives fly around in a company jet spending money at a pace unmatched in my career.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of leadership
Great work life balance
HR Disability Benefits Claims Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 8, 2017
Very professional work environment, great training program, high work expectations, good work life balance, very fast paced, encouragement for career development
Property Claims Adjuster Auto/Property (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 7, 2017
Great place to work! The management staff is caring and they strive to make, what can be a stressful job, fun and enjoyable. They also really care about work-life balance which was not a term I was familiar with prior to Liberty Mutual.
Low Moral, Boring, Ungrateful Place filled with Unhappy People
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 7, 2017
This was the most depressing place I've ever worked. I stayed as long as I did because of the pay and benefits.

If you can be content with sitting in a cubical pushing paper and never speaking this is the place for you.

I thought it was miserable.
Pros
Good Benefits, Decent PTO
Cons
Poor Management, Terribly Boring, No Support or Appreciation
Hi stress!
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 7, 2017
Didn't like getting screamed at for 8 hrs a day because the prices were too high. Managers stood over you with a stop watch. Could not go to the bathroom. Someone even used their trash bucket to throw up in because they couldn't go home and couldn't go to the bathroom. Reps were beaten up constantly emotionally on the phones and many self-medicated. I witnessed any panic attacks and talked people out of just walking off the job. Very High Stress!
Pros
sometimes we'd get lunch
Cons
nervous breakdowns
Place to get a good start
IT Helpdesk Agent (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 7, 2017
My overall opinion is that Liberty is a good place to get your foot in the door.
There are a lot of opportunity for training and they assist with getting you where you want to go.
Pros
Liberty is a good company to work for. Place to get a good start
poor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2017
bad work life balance, you are only as valuable as your last sale. management is not very helpful ad the company does not seem to be very accommodating.
Very good benefits and extremely appreciative Management.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 6, 2017
If you are looking to begin your career then LM is the place to be. You can learn a lot of the business and also learn the applications. Perfect location and loads of growth opportunities.
Pros
Very Good Management
Cons
Not a place for experienced resource.
Awful
Claims Specialist II Bodily Injury (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 6, 2017
The management is not that good. They expect you to do everything and be perfect at the job. There is little to no room for error. They just changed the whole organization around which has created a whole lot more work for everyone. A typical day consist of pushing your self to get as much done each day to avoid falling behind. Each CRS reaches their claim max almost everyday and we carry about 160-190 claims at a time, I would not recommend this as a place to work, in fact I'm trying to get out which has not been easy yet. Bottom line more work for the same amount of money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.