Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Found 1,625 reviews matching the search
It was pretty much what I thought it would be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 19, 2017
The job has changed a lot over the years and the company has made necessary adjustments to keep up in a very competitive industry. For me the work/life balance just was not there. Great pay and benefits!
Great Opportunity
Insurance Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 19, 2017
* Utilize a consultative sales approach to sell insurance policies to prospective policy holders by providing rate quotes and coverage information that helps them live safer, more secure lives.
* Counsel prospects and policyholders on coverage, limits, and regulations.
* Develop quotes based upon risk information.
* Close inbound sales from leads for auto and homeowners insurance generated from mail campaigns.
* Evaluate risks utilizing underwriting rules and guidelines to bind coverage.

The most difficult part of the job is mental toughness. The everyday grind of the inside sales environment.

Although, after all the work you do to help your customers, and once you get the paycheck to prove your commitment and dedication for all your customers... It's all worth it!
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
work/life balance
Good company
Underwriting technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
The starting pay is good and the benefits start right away. They lack communication between management and staff. Management is a mess and lacks effective leadership. Work and life balance is emphasized as being one of their strong suits but in the end is not as important as it appears.
Pros
Employee benefits & starting pay
Cons
Management & work life balance
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 19, 2017
Unfortunately after 13 years my position at Liberty Mutual has been eliminated and I am seeking employment with other organizations. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Liberty Mutual and would not be seeking other opportunities if my position still existed.
not good
Senior Safety Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2017
Liberty gets rid of those nearing retirement with a large downsize every couple years. Benefits are getting worse each year (higher deductibles, higher premiums). Employees are not treated well - we are a number. Management is not trustworthy and does not tell the truth. Expenses are cut drastically each year - yet managers are first class and fine dining constantly. There is no career advancement opportunities and definitely not any cross functional opportunities across departments.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
management
37.5 hours
Associate Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 18, 2017
There are a lot of opportunities at Liberty Mutual. it can be stressful at times. There is micro- managing in the departments because of the high call volumes at are received. There is always overtime offered.
Depends on your manager
Sr. Claims Resolution Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 17, 2017
Great benefits but your experience really depends on the manager. Unfortunately, not all managers at Liberty Mutual are great so you can go from an amazing manager at one role and then be promoted and hate it under your new one. I've known several people to quit after several years with the company due to their new manager.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, pension
Terrible morale, bad management
Gold Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJuly 17, 2017
I have seen morale plummet drastically since I started here. You are micromanaged to meet metrics that you have no control over and threatened with your job if you don't meet them. New hires are being hired at or above the pay level of tenured employees. Terrible morale among employees. Costs are cut at the expense of employees and employees are told their concerns are being listened too, but then management argues with you about any concerns that you bring up. The turnover here is horrible and work/life balance does not exist. Sadly, I could keep going all day about what I don't like about this place. I was very excited to start working here and really put in a lot of effort in and still do. I have gotten great reviews for my work each year but don't at all feel valued. Everyone is disposable.
Cons
Management, metrics
Excellent place to work at
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 15, 2017
Excellent management, learning experience, always ways for improvement, security, excellent pay rate, excellent benefits, always fun to work at, I will highly recommend this place
Great job
Salvage Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 15, 2017
I was employed as a temp for the company. Assignment ended unfortunately but i loved the company and my job. Liberty really seems to care about their permanent employees.
Pros
Great work environment, easy work, nice people, great pay
Cons
was not given a fair chance to move on as a permanent employee
Solid Company and Ok pay
SR Associate (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 14, 2017
Upper management doesn't listen to middle management therefore the company sometimes lacks direction and clear vision and the fortitude to let long term plans play out. Upper management is constantly adjusting goals and processes which makes it very difficult on the rank on file.
Pros
Pto, good pay for the area
Cons
Working weekends, most likely having to start out working nights
Loved working here and hope to return!
IT Help Desk Agent, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 14, 2017
I held a total of 2 positions as a contractor for Liberty Mutual over the course of 2 years. I absolutely loved working for Liberty Mutual and hope to return some day soon!
Great
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 13, 2017
Good place to work not a place for those not willing to be out the office. I would better explain the run your own business and what that means to an employee.
Senior Commercial Insurance Adjuster
Sr. Commercial Insurance Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJuly 12, 2017
Investigate claims, secured documentation necessary to review a claim, filed arbitration, reviewed estimates, paid or denied claims based on coverage.
Pros
Control of claim, Paying claims, helping people
Cons
Denying claims, discovering fraud
Good work environment.
Sr. Network Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 12, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a great place to work. Employees are treated with respect and management gives good support. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say is the teamwork between the employees and management
I worked remotle
Digital Developer Contractor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2017
Very Good working experience. I worked about 7 hours/ day. I learned the Inkling SAAS product.

After setting up the initial intallation I set up templates and workflow documents for employees to use.
Pros
Worked Remotely
call center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Florida State Fairgrounds, FLJuly 11, 2017
as its not a bad place to work there are times when you get stuck and its hard to grow with the company unless you are in with the right people. nothing really bad about it
Great place to work if you have time
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a great place to work in terms of belefits, salary, employee programs, etc. The sales department is similar to any other sales job, meaning that you'll put in far more than 50 hours a week to make decent money. Top sales reps are treated like royalty, so the incentive to do well is amazing. Sales reps are employees, NOT 1099s.
Pros
Great culture, benefits, rewards
Cons
Analog business in a digital world
Great company to work for.
Comm'l Lines Underwriting Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 11, 2017
Liberty is a great company to work for. I really like the support of continue education in insurance industry. They have great benefit and flexible work from home schedule.
Pros
great benefit with flexible work schedule
Great Company
Worker's Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 10, 2017
I loved it but it was a temporary position. I obtained the position a few months before I graduated. It was a 3 month job assignment but at the end of the 3 months they offered my an additional 3 months. The company was in transition of being sold. I enjoyed the job and staff very much.
Pros
enjoyable traiing and atmosphere
Cons
temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval