Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual United States Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 30, 2015
Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for. The work is challenging and they compensate accordingly. Over the coming years Liberty is implementing a new management system, focused on lean principles, which I believe will further improve the organization, increase employee engagement and team collaboration.
would not recommend
Property Loss Specialist III (Current Employee), VAApril 29, 2015
Pros: pay is good
Cons: poor work/life balance; company does not care about its employees
Poor work/life balance
Extremely high turnover
Workload is unbearable. new claims are assigned faster than you complete the current claims
55+ hours per week, every week and often working on weekends and holidays.
No opportunity for advancement. Promotions are entirely political
Poor training program

Only positive thing to say is compensation and benefits package is nice. Overall this is a miserable place to work. Look elsewhere.
claims
Customer Claims Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: far from home
I worked in APD claims, I would take inbound calls from claimants, body shops, and also other insurance companies. I would assist with issues, schedule repairs, car rentals, issue payments, make liability decisions.
Company with a great culture and many opportunities
Sr QA Specialist (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTApril 24, 2015
I worked for Liberty Mutual for a short time. Liberty Mutual is a large insurance company that works to make sure all its employees are engaged and have career satisfaction. I learned that any company regardless of size, if they work to engage their employees they will have a happier and higher performing work force.
Productive work place
Senior Insurance Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2015
Great company to work for. Worked in several different departments giving me a opportunity to further my knowledge in the insurance field. Typicall work day was working with Tx Dept of Ins div. of WC. Most enjoyable part of job was working with
Wonderful co-workers who worked as a team. Hardest part of job was learning how to schedules all over the state of Texas.
Claims Production
Inside Property Claims Speciaslit (Former Employee), Duluth, GAApril 22, 2015
Not as bad as other claim offices. High demands, good about money. Always looking at how to improve methods, which in some cases are better or worse. Lots of restructuring.
I actually loved the work that I did.
Lead Retro Technician (Current Employee), Lewiston, MEApril 21, 2015
Pros: the flexible time off and the benefits.
Cons: The favoritism management displayed toward certain employees.
Our work is very structured yet can be complex. That is one of the things I most enjoy. We have monthly deadlines and quality expectations. If you complete your own work, you are expected to help your co-workers.
Not the best place I've worked.
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
Pros: my coworkers were alright.
Cons: Management, high workload, high amount of REQUIRED overtime, lack of opportunities.
I worked in claims for Liberty for about 7 years. We had a ridiculous amount of turnover, mostly due to the workload and management. There was a lot of favoritism and if you wanted to get a promotion, you had to be part of the "in crowd" and only the ones that were buddy buddy with a manager ever moved beyond the lower positions. I was once told that in order to get a particular job that I had to have a degree, so I got one.. despite what I was told, many of the people getting promoted to various roles didn't have a degree (plus this whole time I was getting accolades and great surveys from customers, so none of this made sense to me). The workload was way too much to handle as we would all get 10+ claims a day, and because of this there was mandatory overtime during the week/weekends. Many of us spent all of our time at work, and as soon as you'd complete 1 claim you'd get 5 more. Then, a genius in home office or wherever had the great idea of limiting our calls. We would have a green, yellow or red call strategy for the day. If it was yellow we could make 1 call for every 2 calls we took, and if it was red we were not allowed to make any outbound calls. On top of all this, a manager was creating trouble for many of the employees. This person started getting a reputation and many people started refusing to be moved to their team because of it. Unfortunately I was on this persons team and left because of the issues I was experiencing with them.
Because of the insane turnover, the training they put people through was horrible. Not many people truly learned the claims process, and since this was a team environment, there was a high chance of your claim getting screwed beyond recognition. I spent a lot of time fixing problems that other people created on nearly every call I got.
This was a really difficult place to work, and honestly I wouldn't go back for anything.
Call Center
High turnover rate
No flexibility
Don't Do It.
Liberty bought Safeco Insurance and restructured many depts
Financial Ops 2 /Lead Fraud Investigator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2015
Pros: Occastional free food days
Cons: Employees and customers treated alike in being a simple number to get stocks higher for resale
I loved my job in working very hard to save the company money and from future law suits with mortgage companies, attorneys, and other insurance companies all the while I was able to help the customers who had been wronged to complete the repairs on their property.

It was a exillierating and fulfilling job.

However, Safeco and Liberty values were much different. The total opposite of each other. Liberty does not believe in repeat customers or doing the right thing. Safeco did. As a result also the company due to the economy and other factors have been doing many restructure tasks of the entire operational systems of both the employees, and the customers.

My position has become obsilete to the new company standards. It is time I take a fresh look at a new start in hoping to join a company who has positive goals for their company, employees, and customers.

I am very well educated in many of the tactics people use to de-fraud the company, so am no fool. My skills in getting to the root cause of problems to get at the truth is an acute talent I feel I have ande would like to share this with a company with the same values as myself.
Excellent work place with rewarding work experiences and compensation and work life balance.
Paralegal (Former Employee), Tigard, ORApril 15, 2015
Liberty Mutual is an excellent company to work with with excellent work life balance and benefits. The work is exciting, challenging and rewarding.
Good management, poor work life balance
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Liberty Lake, WAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good managers, good health benefits, Lunch bought for department a lot, pay is higher than other other Insurance companies
Cons: Work life balance, amount of work coming in
My managers are great and always helpful! My co-workers are great too but the work life balance is just horrible. I found myself going in early and staying late and was still unable to finish the amount of work that was assigned each day. Training could be better and geared more to what your day is actually going to be like when you actually start taking claims.
Fun Workplace
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: No Advancement
During my time at Liberty Mutual I've learn a lot not only working on reports but dealing with difficult customers. I have enjoyed every moment working with what has become my family.
Great Company.
Manager I (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: Career Advancement, Great People, Great Benefits.
Cons: Claims can be challenging.
Liberty Mutual was a great company to work for. I met a lot of great people at all different levels throughout the organization. Career advancement and benefits are great. Claims is not an easy career, it can be challenging, but the people you work with make it worth it.
great job
Sr. Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Heathrow, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: rewards free lunch
Cons: n/a
Insurance sales rep taking inbound and outbound calls, highly motivated sales person, looking for positive attitudes
Great place
Commercial Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 8, 2015
Great company with many opportunities for growth. Working for Liberty Mutual you will constantly be learning about the ever changing insurance world.
Good overall environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, NJApril 7, 2015
Pros: Provided decent amount of leads, Great compensation structure, Had the freedom to grow my own business how I wanted to.
Cons: There was only one ideal target market that the products could be sold too.
Good management. Provided with enough tools to succeed. Definitely important to have sales experience before working here. As long as you are motivated and experience you will succeed here.
Transcribed correspondence/recorded statements
Sole Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 5, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable
Eight hours a day. Overall improvement with grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Management and co-workers were great. No real hard part. I love working with words.
Not a long term career choice...
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Auburn, MaApril 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, vacation time, training
Cons: compensation plan changes, work/life balance, right out of college co-workers w/no work ethics, imaturity surroundings.
As a sales representative, I have found the work life balance very hard to manage. It can be very hard to keep your numbers up if want a life too... Management is a disaster to say the least. Every year the compensation plan changes/bonus, etc. Never for the best of course. The pros of the job/company is they offer great training. Excellent benefits and vacation time. But if your in sales, you can forget about taking the vacation time...
Excellent company and benefits.
Senior Claims Adjuster, Property Claims Department (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: They no longer have an office in Fort Lauderdale.
Every day was different processing and settling new claims.
Great on going training and company benefits. Being a hard worker i worked my way to Senior Claims Adjuster quickly.

1 2 3 4 5

About Liberty Mutual

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a – Read more

Liberty Mutual Salaries