Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Found 1,520 reviews matching the search
Good opportunity and benefits
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 25, 2017
My specific job requires speed, accuracy, details, and computer skills. If you struggle with technology and am not a very quick learner, this position might not be for you.
Loyal and honorable company to work for
Sr. Field Claims Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 24, 2017
Liberty Mutual values its employees at every level. Furthermore, advancement opportunities are available to anyone who works for them. I was able to double my salary in a matter of three years of working. This was on top of increased merit-based bonus payouts every year.
Good Company
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 24, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a good solid company. They are a great work culture, I learned so many valuable skills from Liberty. A typical work day was constant change, learning and obtaining new skills which made it a great opportunity.
Fast paced but well balanced
Associate Analyst, Product (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2017
The best part about Liberty is the ability to move around easily within the company and the work/life balance. The management isn't always the best. There could be better guidance on projects when roadblocks come up and more leniency on time constraints in the event of roadblocks that are out of your control.
Pros
1/2 day fridays in the summer, work from home days
Cons
Poor management and lack of transparency
Used to be stable
Change Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2017
While layoffs just occurred I believe this company will remain stable in the long term. The moves made were to keep the company stable and able to grow in the future.
A solid Company to work for
Manager, Business Systems Projects (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 23, 2017
Fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, requiring adaptability to take on change.

I learned the importance of knowing your customer and anticipating their needs vs. wants and how best to balance and communicate both.

Management is fair and the workplace culture is one of respect and transparency.

Hardest part of the job is not being able to do more for your customers.

Most enjoyable is watching individuals grow, and knowing your deliverables provided value to the organization and its individuals.
Pros
Rewarding career, fair management, great opportunities
Cons
Layoff due to IT downsizing
Team work is great and good customer service
PROPERTY ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Oahu Island, HIMay 22, 2017
The work load was manageable.
I learned best practices for handling claims.
I joined the management team and have great respect for management.
The hardest part of job was I was the only adjuster in Hawaii.
The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Needed back to Texas for family
great people
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
There were rocky points but overall this was a great place to work. Unfortunately there was no clear career path unless you could relocate. There were some managers that were grfeat and some not so great. Overall would have stayed if there were more opportunities available
Pros
Great people
Cons
lack of advancement and salary caps
Starter
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2017
A good company to start out at if you are looking to start at the bottom and work your way up. Unfortunately shows a lot of favoritism by lower management however upper management has character
No work/life balance
Disability Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2017
I would repeatedly work until 9:15 each night (when the cleaning crew showed up). You spend all day helping highly stressed disability claimants, working unpaid overtime, and then have to report weekly to your manager on every minute that you were away from your desk or doing admin work or not able to reach your claimants.
Excellent place to work
Personal Lines Agent (Current Employee) –  lake MaryMay 19, 2017
Great pay, benefits, high morale. Company will sponsor and train you for your 20-44 license. Everyone is great to work with.

Work 7.5 hours per day. Lots of overtime and spiff money. Work schedule is rough, work weekends and late nights.
Liberty- Its ok
Underwriter, Commercial Lines, Midwest Region (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 18, 2017
Not enough power given to the underwriters in Business insurance. "Trust the model" Why do you even need underwriters? Great compensation, and the company does a pretty good job of listening to employees.
good
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 18, 2017
it is been long since I worked there as contractor and applications were excellent. This company has bright future. However, due to management issues, tech changes are slow and may not work for some.
Money is good
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 17, 2017
Great company if money is the only need of the hour, great overtime opportunities if you need to make some extra money. Cross training opportunities. Comes at a great cost of work life balance. Managers don't care if your personal life is on the line as long as you give them good numbers to show, nothing else matters to them. Growth based on seniority. The shift bid concept is a chaos - you get a shift when you start and you are stuck with it unless another new team joins the company and the requirements for that time has a very weird work hour requirement. Now they are piloting work from home across call center too. Everythign comes down to numbers and seniority. People become managers soon without experience .
Pros
work environment, great team, growth opportunities
Cons
no work life balance, the metrix system
good team
Lean Management Coach- Deployment (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working here. It was my first job out of college and I progressed in my role quickly and even moved into management. There is no work life balance.
Company without Direction
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 17, 2017
Does not have a clear technical road map. Responds with knee jerk reaction to technological change. More focused on bottom line instead of service to customers and business users.
Pros
Free coffee, great location in New Hampshire
Cons
No direction, poor leadership
Great pay.
Sr. Mainframe Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2017
I loved working for this company and was very sad I had to go. I have many life friends and I learned much in my three positions I have held at this company.
Good place to work but plan to move to Boston if you want to be promoted
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 16, 2017
This is a strong company and there are many opportunities. However, the reality is if you want to move up in the organization be prepared to move to Boston. The benefits and pay are strong and most of the leaders are incredibly supportive.
company culture
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  hingham maMay 16, 2017
I worked for liberty for 30 years had many bosses and did many jobs, The company made alot of changes in how they did business and the people that they hired.
Cons
advancement was limited in the claims dept
Temp to Hire
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 16, 2017
The Billing Specialist position should be a full time position at Liberty Mutual not just a temp to hire. I enjoyed my job working there but my contract expired and was terminated. Was wanting to make Liberty Mutual my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.