Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual Employer Reviews

great
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 28, 2015
Pros: graet company
Cons: none
Fast paced environment. managers are approachable and knowledgeable. Co-workers are excellent. great company for advancement.
Great Employer
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 27, 2015
Continuous improving company, great benefits, and compensation model. Over 100 years in business and financially stable. Great claims, sales, and service departments.
Helping people lead secure lives
Licensed Sales Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2015
I am highly committed in providing the best possible experience for my clients! The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people on a daily basis and finding them affordable solutions on their auto, home & life insurance!
Healthcare,
home attended (Current Employee), Stroudsburg, PAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: it excellent
Cons: really dont have n one
This job has allow me to have a very flex scheduale . but for me the most importain thing about the job is to help that person in their needs.
Continuation of my prior work experience with the company.
Service Specialist (Current Employee), Wantagh, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Close to home, great co-workers and management
Cons: Being laid off
When I returned to Liberty Mutual four years ago they continued my pension, 401K and vacation benefits as if I had never left the company. I was able to work with people I liked and work only one mile from my home. The convenience was fantastic. I enjoyed the fast paced work environment and speaking with customers. I would not have left the company if they had not decided to get rid of all the local service professionals. My office alone serviced at least 30 people a week who came into the local office for assistance with their policies. The company has decided to only continue the customer response centers located out-of-state.
Difficult environment
ATTORNEY (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Management
This used to be a great company to work for but several years ago the culture changed. Local management is disorganized.
Excellent opportunity for certain individuals
Sr Underwriter/Consulting (Former Employee), Weston, MAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: analytical underwriting tools
Cons: some managers may need more people skills
Pay scale is reasonably competitive. For high powered , energetic, career oriented individuals dedicated and willing to devote a minimum of 10-12 hours a day to their profession, this would be a good opportunity.

The analytical tools used to evaluate various risks are far superior to ones I've seen at other companies, however, the level of in-depth analysis required for similar risks may exceed the norms of the competition.

The talent pool of professionals is very strong.

Long term network of professionals is a plus.
Claims Assisnt
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Fenton, MOMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at liberty mutual consists of a morning huddle to discuss work for the day and then the work being divided up between between several team members.
Decent work environment
Underwriting Assistant II (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 21, 2015
Pros: friday snack days. jeans days. free coffee all day. consistent work flow.
Cons: micromanagement.
Management was exceptional. Co-workers were hard workers with strong work ethics. It was always like coming in to work with a group of friends that all had the same goals to achieve in the day, of accommodating the insured. I learned a great deal about human interaction, how to manage the speed of processing work that is needed within hours. The hardest part of the Job was not having enough opportunity to continue to grow and learn and move up in a reasonable and balanced fashion. Liberty really takes care of their employees with flexible work schedules, wonderful giving to charity, and overall, fun and positive outlook on a persons character.
n/a
SR CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLMarch 18, 2015
customer serviced, fast paced working environment. Customers are main focus and making sure all that is done is best for the customer
Personal Lines Underwriter II (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHMarch 15, 2015
Close to home, short commute. large parking lot. There are guards on the premises for safety. Friendly atmosphere, clean environment.
Great place to work for.
Claims Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Warrenville, ILMarch 12, 2015
Pros: fair evaluations
Positive work environment. Employee opinions highly valued. Reasonable working hours and shifts. Excellent training. Well managed claim office. Technology well used.
I absolutely loved my job with this company! I would recommend anyone to work here.
Medical Service Representative (Former Employee), New Castle, PAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: this company is fair to all employees. the work environment was excellent!
Cons: the jobs are not secure. due to the warn act, an employee could lose their job at any time.
Although our unit was transferred to another state, leaving numerous employees without jobs, I enjoyed working for this company! I would still be there if my position was still available.
Variation in departments - inconsistent
Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 11, 2015
Company should stand by Mission and Vision - Management does not treat people with dignity or respect and often rewards poor Senior Management behavior. There are no consequences for poor people management.
Productive workplace
Property Claims Adjuster (Contractor) (Former Employee), Irving, TxMarch 9, 2015
Manage my workload. Afford coverage investigate and conclude as soon as possible. Team player but an also able to work with little to no supervision.
Constantly changing to meet policyholders needs.
Sr. Customer Claims Representative (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: helping people, coworkers working as a team and leaning on each other
Cons: not enough support from management and quality control
They are continually trying to improve the insurance process to meet the needs of policyholders. Bring in new people from all over. They are growing at a rapid speed.

The employees come from all walks of life and very interesting to learn the different cultures and how they handle different situations.

A typical day is a phone hanging on your ears taking one call after another, solving the problem the customer has to make his/her life better and brighter.
Liberty Mutual
Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: company car, phone, labtop and telecomute
Cons: travel
Liberty was a great place to work, people were very educated and took their work seriously. Liberty Mutual was going through some changes within the middle market segment which effected my job severely. I know that they will overcome these changes with flying colors as they have a solid team in place to do so.
Awesome company to work for and be involved with
Auto Total Loss Claim Rep (Former Employee), Warrenville, ILMarch 3, 2015
Awesome people, awesome company, always doing the right thing for their customers. Wonderful body shops to evaluate damages, always showing care and compassion.
Burnt out!
Bodily Injury Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Heavy claims volumes, they always tell us help is coming, but it never does. I work with smart people but management is always putting something else on us.
Multi-tasking on Steroids
Sr. Customer Claims Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good pay. not micro-managed.
Cons: way too much work. lack of culture. training is horrible.
You have anywhere from 50-100+ claims assigned to you at all times. Every days you emails, voice mails, faxes and a you have a queue of pages of activities that you need to complete like getting vehicles inspection set up, getting recorded interviews, reviewing estimates, paying claims and so many other types of activities and there are timelines in which you need to get these things done...but in addition to all this you are also in an inbound queue where you take new claims, status calls and other miscellaneous call and you are supposed to remain available at all times and you need to make your outbound calls from available. There are literally not enough hours in the day to accomplish all these things. I work anywhere from an hour to 3 hours of overtime every day and I still can not get anywhere even close to all my work done...and I promise it is not just me...everyone struggles to get the work done. I can not even describe the culture there...but it is not for me. I can say I do not feel micro-managed. Training was horrible.

1 2 3 4 5

About Liberty Mutual

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a – Read more

Liberty Mutual Salaries