Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Not a stable company
Medical Service Representative-Am Medical (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2016
This company recently laid off employees to move department to East coast. They reopened the department but didn't call back any employees that were laid off. The management is very poor. The pay & benefits are extremely poor. I would not work for this company again.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, management, charge for parking.
Penny pinchers, overworked & underpaid, no growth!
Legal Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2016
Liberty has gone DOWN hill. They are penny pinchers. The amount of work given to 1 it should be for 2-3 people. You are OVER worked & underpaid. There is NO room for growth as soon as someone from a senior level leaves, IF and I say IF they replace the position it's for a lower level so you will never get to grow and move up. When it comes to time off, yes it's pretty decent, BUT good luck trying to use it, because since it's so short staffed you'll have 10xs more work sitting on your desk when you are back from your time off.
Cons
No growth, low pay, too much work is given to 1 person, favoritism, poor management
Great benefits
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 26, 2016
Great benefits. Not enough pay. Not challenging enough. Very strict working environment, which was not needed. Lots of outside work was a nice change.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough pay. Not challenging enough.
great friendships
Lead Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Wasn't very happy towards the end of my carrer there. I was ready to move forward with opportunity .I worked at this company for 9 years, and formed good relationships
Great Company
Workers Compensation Technical Assistant II, CI (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Lots of opportunities to grow within the company
Worked 30 years for the company
Family/work balance
Enjoyed every job opportunity given to me by this company
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJanuary 19, 2016
Good culture, fun work environment depending on position. Lots of reorganizations regularly so job security can vary.
n/a
Licensed (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 19, 2016
General office works, sale & service customer whether customer's walk-in or phone call and support an agent to complete the sale as needed.
More discussion upon your request at the interview.
Great company, does it the right way!
Field Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 15, 2016
great company to work for. tons of opportunity to advance and has a very good culture of doing the right thing. As with any Fortune 100 company, there are issues with clear communication from Management on down but overall fantastic company and one you can retire with.
Pros
pay, benefits, career advancement, culture, travel opportunities, winning culture, genuine care and compassion for employees at all levels
Cons
communication of upper management on down
How I feel about my recent job/ Liberty Mutual
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILJanuary 13, 2016
working for Liberty Mutual helped me learn more about my job an my position . going to work everyday wasn't that bad at all , everything became a routine so the job became more easier. The management was really good, things got done in the upper level when it needed to be done. The co-workers where ok , some was off a little an some people would have problems helping other co-workers. To me there was never a "HARD" part about the job everything was pretty simple, but the most enjoyable part about the job was that everyone got alone with each other .
Great company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2016
I have worked for Liberty for just over ten years. I have loved how my supervisors and managers have worked with me to provide me with career growth and professional development.
good place
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2016
has an opputunity to work remote.Good colleagues and a fun place to work for.would recommend this company to anyone.Lot ot learn
benefits
Cons
nothing
Great Sales Call Center
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2016
An excellent place to work filled with top tier people. The only unfortunate thing I encountered was a lack of residuals in insurance sales and a lack of customer ownership from sales agents ( no incentive beyond selling initial policy).
Claims
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 6, 2016
Great company to work for although most employees will be laid off by august 2016 in colorado. Good benefits and pay. Other then that downside its an overall great company if you can take the stress of high volume calls
managment not compentent
Senior Sales Representative, DRC (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2016
there is no communication and no trust between employees and sales management. Bad work enviorment, There is no accountabity with management and no career advancement. I love my job helping people with their insurance needs, My typical day is I get into work check emails and respond to them and proceed to take calls from customers. Best part is helping people become educated about insurance.
Contractor Viewpoint
Project Manager – ATS Planning (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 5, 2016
Very professional team members, willing to assist and teach the Liberty Mutual Group processes and tools to get the job done.
Not the best work culture
Fast Path Claims adjuster II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Management changes goals causing confusion

I really don't have much to say about this job
I don't have much to say
I don't have anything to say
Supportive Staff and Great Benefits
Bodily Inj Claims Adj Resolution Spec III (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 2, 2016
Although this position is challenging and fast-paced, management is extremely supportive and often times will assist with case work. The pay is competitive and benefits are great!
Pros
laid back, supportive staff, competitive pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
work chanllenges
Great Company
Customer Service Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2015
This is a wonderful company to work for. Great work life balance, pay and benefits. Plenty of hands on training. Also, they provide a full kitchen with cafeteria services.
Pros
Awesome mentorship program
Cons
Requesting time off is prioritized by tenuor.
simple
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 29, 2015
Great company awesome people. Family owned and run business for many years. Brothers just went there desperate ways that is all
Liberty Mutual
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Highland Village, TXDecember 22, 2015
great place to work, I love the pension plan. Liberty mutual gives its employees their employees the latitude to flourish.