Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Great company
Underwriting Assistant II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Benefits
My typical day at work was Billing bonds, cancellations, riders, working receivables and assisting my agents and underwriters. Great organization, need to work on different benefits to employees
A Taste of Life in a Big Corporation
Commercial Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Fortune 100, Great Benefits, Recognizable Brand
My favorite aspect of working for Liberty Mutual is the massive footprint it carries both nationally and internationally. I think its cool seeing commercials on TV or advertisements at the World Cup of – more... your employer, and being able to explain to people where you work and know that they've heard the name before. It gives you the sense that who you work for is globally recognized, and can help make your work product more important.

With that being said, Liberty Mutual very much feels like big business and seems to be very much driven by the bottom line. Although Liberty Mutual is engaged in several activities that improve the communities they serve, I have been a part of several culture changes that are implemented to make the company more profitable, but can be uncomfortable during the process. Needless to say, this isn't a bad thing, but change is a constant.

Liberty Mutual is also a company with a great amount of roles to further your career. My challenge is I would like to move from my current role in claims handling to another, which can be difficult, but the opportunities are there. – less
Productive and professional place to work with many opportunities for advancement
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Hauppauge, New YorkAugust 27, 2015
Professional place to work which offers many opportunities for learning and growth. Excellent team work. I and many others have reaped the many benefits of being recognized and rewarded for a job well done.
Friendly Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2015
I currently open up files for Liberty Mutual legal department, I have learned about Litigation and Worker's Compensation claims. My co-workers are all very respectful, friendly and team members. I enjoy working with these individuals.
Keep looking
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Reno, NVAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Salary while training.
Cons: Throw you to the wolves when it's time. High turnover.
They talk a big game.

They hand you a book and sit you in front of a computer and say "learn this". Then you test on it. You can make a lot of money but only after yearsssss of building your book of business. You could make that sort of money in another job and not have to worry about making sales weekly.
very fast pace work environment
Claims Adjuster-Full Time (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: health care is too expensive
One learn a lot but it is too much work. A tipical day at work you will log in and start taking calls back to back. You do not leave at a specific time since if the phone rings one minute before you are – more... scheduled to finish your shift, you have to answer that call and complete that call. Sometimes a call can last up to one hour depending on what needs to be done. The hardest part of the job is the preassure from management and the insults from the clients as well as some accident scenes that you have to deal with during the claim process. It is said that many people end up with hart problems and or psychological problems due to work stress. – less
Growing Pains
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Short official work week, nice modern offices, good pay
Cons: Poor communication from management on direction, strategy, and purpose
This place is fine, but going through quite an adjustment as it transitions from Safeco to Liberty Mutual. The department I joined has quite a ways to go before it can be effective. Lax management styles and poor communication styles are stifling innovation and progress. Overall, I'm sure they'll work it out, but not quick enough for me.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Marketing & Social Media Intern (Current Employee), New MexicoAugust 24, 2015
Good managenment, company culture, competitive pay, and wonderful work-life balance. Overall geat company to work!
An interesting job
Short Term Disability Claim Adjuster Trainee (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTAugust 24, 2015
Overall Liberty Mutual is a fine company and is undergoing corporate Reconstruction to facilitate better communication with employees to management.
Hmmmm..where do I start
Sr claims rep (Current Employee), FloridaAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Hr lunch, great friends
Cons: Compensation could be more for the job, room for advancement
Liberty Mutual is not a bad place to work when you initially start but as time goes by you see the real Liberty Mutual. There is NO room for advancement if you don't have a degree, don't even think about – more... applying for upper level positions no matter how good you are in your current position. Sometime with a BA it still doesn't help its like pulling teeth to even get an interview. They are definitely favorites so if you kiss someone's butt enough you will advance sometimes even without a BA. There is no work life balance therefore morale is really low and most of the time you must work OT just to stay afloat. They refuse to hire enough ppl so you get 100 plus claims and still req to make outbound calls, calls customers within 24 hrs of a brand new claim, complete investigations and the list goes on and on and on. I felt really good abt Liberty Mutual when I first started 3 years ago now I am about ready to leave but it is hard to find a job that will even pay close to what Liberty Mutual pays which isn't all that great but good enough. – less
The job depends on your input
Personal Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Getting out of the office, flexible schedule
Cons: Can't develop the best relationships with employees due to significant phone usage
Working as a sales agent has its perks, but it depends on how you maintain your schedule. You will have good weeks and bad weeks, BUT the only one you can give credit to is yourself! If you're doing great, it's because you put the work in. If it's not so great, it's because of something you're lacking.
productive, every employ in the company were pro active
Senior developer (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 19, 2015
productive, every employ in the company were pro active, workplace is good, management and my co-workers were so helpful to me always
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Personal Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: none
This job was very rewarding for me learned things everyday. The insurance industry is a very interesting and fast . Working with customers and claimants. I enjoyed the investigating work on the auto claims and working with very intelligent people.
Continuous improvement environment and committed to employees
Commercial Claims Contact Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Fairfield, OHAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Commitment to employee development
Cons: Relocation may be needed to further your career within the company
Fast paced Call Center with something new to learn every day. I have gained so much here with deployment of LMS our version of Lean Management and the coaching environment it brings. We hire great people – more... so my co- workers are the best. The hardest part of the job is getting people who are negative minded to take responsibility and own their development. The most enjoyable part is when you help those people find the wins and thrive so they want to come to work every day! – less
Great benefits
Short Term Disability Case Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2015
Great company with career advancement opportunities. Excellent benefits and compensation. This company is in the list of the Fortune 100.
Excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 13, 2015
good job enjoyed my time at the company even though it was a temporary assignment I learned a great deal from them. I would recommend this company to others. This is one of the best companies I worked for they really appreciate their employees.
Great benefits, poor management.
PARALEGAL I (Current Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits, pay, some coworkers, somewhat flexible schedule
Cons: Management, workload, lack of support
Liberty offers great benefits, especially compared to other paralegal jobs in this area, but they work you to the bone. You get little to no support from management, despite tons and tons of empty promises. – more... The employees who are overloaded continue to get more work dumped on them while others are not required to do as much and in fact get away with being free-loaders to a certain extent. Coworkers are expected to train each other and new employees because the manages are incapable of doing so and make up some complicated excuse that peer training is great for "development" and will be reflected in your yearly review. Yearly reviews are somewhat of a joke and hardly change year to year, and it is evident that management has no idea what we really do each day or how to score us in our individual roles. – less
Sales Support/Personal Lines/Customer Service (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: A lot of changes going on right now internally.
The company like every company has it's pros and it's cons but overall it's a good place to work and the benefits are great.
This is a place that is very fast pace
Claims Representative (SOHO) (Current Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pros: You will learn new skill sets
Cons: work life balance can be trying at times
You start your day answering calls and then move on to your new claims. Then you proceed to your diary. This place will give you a whole new set of skill sets.
Liberty Mutual is a great company
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: People, environment, overall culture is great
Cons: No cons
I can only write from a contactor's point of view but I really enjoyed my time there. The IDs and project managers are awesome. They have a very collaborative work environment and people go out of their way to help one another.
Headquarters