Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,092 reviews matching the search
Neutral
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 23, 2016
Good pay good benefits overall good company atmosphere and good place for development in your career. Also gives you good experience to many aspects in life you can use in every job you decide to pursue later on.
Big Compnay
Front-End Developer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 20, 2016
Management can be hard to work with, if you become good friends with them you are more likely to have an influence on the projects.
Workman's Comp Department
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
This was a good company to start working for in an administrative role. Although it was basic office administration and lots of file clerk work, I enjoyed it for the most part.
Great culture!
Director of Strategy (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2016
Talent development and employee engagement were very important to the leadership at Liberty Mutual! Liberty is also very focused on driving innovation to improve the customer experience.
Great Company with Inexperienced Direct Management
Sales Representative, Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 16, 2016
Liberty Mutual has a wonderful culture. It is a great place to work especially if you are place in the right department with one of their excellent managers. When I started with Liberty Mutual I had a great manager. He then relocated to another state. The new manager that was put in place had very little management background. He managed via negativity and intimidation. Most sales people put enough pressure on themselves to bring home the bucks, the last thing they need is a manager threatening them and purposely trying to make them uncomfortable. They are constantly changing the comp plan to not be "competitive" in the industry but to increase required sales and also decrease compensation at the same time. They do a lot of community service and have great benefits. If you work in the call center or claims or a department that's salary is not incentivized then you will be extremely happy to work at this company.
fun workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 16, 2016
I enjoy working with my fellow coworkers, and I enjoy the environment. it is very fun and not stressful at all

no hard part about my job
I have learned a lot of new things like looking for workers compensation and claim numbers
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
health insurance for part time
A Grind....
Team Manager, Auto Physical Damage (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 16, 2016
Long hours, minimal support, a sub-par development system. Look, Liberty is all about production and metrics. If you don't meet them you are out the door. They'll find a way to make sure of it. No matter how hard you try some goals are unattainable.
Pros
FTO time is good
Cons
Favoritism, Boy Club politics, Unqualified managers
Great Work/Life Balance.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAMay 12, 2016
Loved my job, worked with great co-workers, and local management was friendly, helpful, and involved in helping us excel.

Only leaving due to company's re-structuring.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance.
Cons
Only issue is that some would not put in their share of work but everyone was evaluated the same
Call Center Environment
Lead Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2016
we were relocated from local offices to call centers or lost our jobs. was a big change and not for the better. call center atmosphere is cold and sterile. management is unknowledgeable and unprofessional. time off is hard to come by or non existent and for those of us w/ tenure it is difficult. the attrition for new hires is horrible - turn and burn.
Great place to work for
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 7, 2016
Flexible schedule, worked great with other employees and definitely had great benefits. The hardest part of my job is being overwhelmed with a lot of work in case another employee called out but I would definitely get everything done in a timely manner but also made everything right.
Pros
Basically doing whatever you want
Cons
healthcare benefits
Worked with some really great and fun people
Temp (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 7, 2016
I was working at Liberty Mutual through a temp agency, and although I was there just a short time, it was a great fit, the people there were so kind, fun and really wonderful to work with.
Pros
I loved being busy
Cons
The commute
Not a secure work environment
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 5, 2016
Due to poor management, this is not a secure place to work. Managers are not very likely to assist you in improving yourself or the way you complete your day-to-day operations. They are more likely to put you out to pasture than keep you and improve on what you may not do well.
Cons
management
Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2016
Liberty Mutual is a good company to work for. Pay is competitive and the people are generally friendly. It is a little old fashioned and systems need to be upgraded. Management has begun implementing their version of lean practices called the Liberty Management System hoping to improve efficiency throughout the company. I think the company could benefit from more diversity, especially on financial teams where it seems that nearly everyone went to Bentley. Sometimes too many similar minded people.
Pros
Work life balance, free coffee, upward mobility, loyalty
Cons
Old fashioned, slow-paced
very good
WebSphere Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2016
Experience in WebLogic Administration, Configuring and monitoring the domain, deploying applications, Clustering, Webserver Configuration in Test/Production in Linux platforms Experience in Setting up of Data Sources, Virtual Hosts including planning installation and configuration of WebSphere Application Server.
Many amazing opportunites for advancement
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 4, 2016
Typical day as Admin Asst: Answered and assessed a very large number of incoming calls; transferred to correct department if it was not something I could, myself, help with. Looked up claims, assisted with all claim questions. Sorted mail, incoming and outgoing. Stamped all mail in the morning, and evening. Calculated, billed out, and paid all claims for mileage. Provided filing, copies, and anything that any claims adjuster asked for help with. Was in training for the supervisor position when I had to leave the company.
Pros
Amazing opportunities for advancement
Cons
High stress, fast paced environment
Senior Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 2, 2016
High stress, fast paced environment with emphasis on opening new cases and closing cases as soon as possible. Nurses are great people, most of whom are willing to help one another when co-workers are confronted with problems, either personal or work-related. Most nurses eat lunch at their desks while working; most work past quitting time and on Saturdays to try to keep up with their case loads which normally range from 65 to 75 cases.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
QA Program is tedious and stuck on time frames
Not a bad place to work
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 1, 2016
Gotta hustle everyday, but the opportunity is there. High volume call center sales environment with very strict underwriting guidelines making it tough.
Not a good experience
Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJMay 1, 2016
While the company as a whole is great the management outside of Boston has missed the mark and needs to be retrained on how to manage.

The staff is stressed by management that knows little to nothing about the work their staff is responsible for, however puts unattainable goals in place.

While the fast track career mobility they have in place is a great way to move around the company and learn a lot of different aspects of insurance, the people are not in the roles long enough to get a concept of the job and only the elite get this chance.

Prejudice runs wild in this office and the Hr generalist support it by not being a mutual party but showing complete favoritism to management whether they are right or wrong.
Pros
Commute, management training in Home office
Cons
Prejudice, low pay, lack of on the job training
Horrible Morale
Sr. Customer Claims Rep PM (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAApril 28, 2016
I love my job, I do NOT like management. Favoritism and retaliation at it's best. No Fault department only in Liberty Lake, WA
No advancement
Senior Underwriting Assistant - Mid-Markets (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILApril 28, 2016
I do not mind my job on a day-to-day basis but there is zero room for advancement. It is difficult to stay at a job when you know it's not going anywhere.