Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual United States Employee Reviews

Liberty bought Safeco Insurance and restructured many depts
Financial Ops 2 /Lead Fraud Investigator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2015
Pros: Occastional free food days
Cons: Employees and customers treated alike in being a simple number to get stocks higher for resale
I loved my job in working very hard to save the company money and from future law suits with mortgage companies, attorneys, and other insurance companies all the while I was able to help the customers who had been wronged to complete the repairs on their property.

It was a exillierating and fulfilling job.

However, Safeco and Liberty values were much different. The total opposite of each other. Liberty does not believe in repeat customers or doing the right thing. Safeco did. As a result also the company due to the economy and other factors have been doing many restructure tasks of the entire operational systems of both the employees, and the customers.

My position has become obsilete to the new company standards. It is time I take a fresh look at a new start in hoping to join a company who has positive goals for their company, employees, and customers.

I am very well educated in many of the tactics people use to de-fraud the company, so am no fool. My skills in getting to the root cause of problems to get at the truth is an acute talent I feel I have ande would like to share this with a company with the same values as myself.
Excellent work place with rewarding work experiences and compensation and work life balance.
Paralegal (Former Employee), Tigard, ORApril 15, 2015
Liberty Mutual is an excellent company to work with with excellent work life balance and benefits. The work is exciting, challenging and rewarding.
Good management, poor work life balance
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Liberty Lake, WAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good managers, good health benefits, Lunch bought for department a lot, pay is higher than other other Insurance companies
Cons: Work life balance, amount of work coming in
My managers are great and always helpful! My co-workers are great too but the work life balance is just horrible. I found myself going in early and staying late and was still unable to finish the amount of work that was assigned each day. Training could be better and geared more to what your day is actually going to be like when you actually start taking claims.
Fun Workplace
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: No Advancement
During my time at Liberty Mutual I've learn a lot not only working on reports but dealing with difficult customers. I have enjoyed every moment working with what has become my family.
Great Company.
Manager I (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: Career Advancement, Great People, Great Benefits.
Cons: Claims can be challenging.
Liberty Mutual was a great company to work for. I met a lot of great people at all different levels throughout the organization. Career advancement and benefits are great. Claims is not an easy career, it can be challenging, but the people you work with make it worth it.
great job
Sr. Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Heathrow, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: rewards free lunch
Cons: n/a
Insurance sales rep taking inbound and outbound calls, highly motivated sales person, looking for positive attitudes
Great place
Commercial Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 8, 2015
Great company with many opportunities for growth. Working for Liberty Mutual you will constantly be learning about the ever changing insurance world.
Good overall environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, NJApril 7, 2015
Pros: Provided decent amount of leads, Great compensation structure, Had the freedom to grow my own business how I wanted to.
Cons: There was only one ideal target market that the products could be sold too.
Good management. Provided with enough tools to succeed. Definitely important to have sales experience before working here. As long as you are motivated and experience you will succeed here.
Transcribed correspondence/recorded statements
Sole Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 5, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable
Eight hours a day. Overall improvement with grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Management and co-workers were great. No real hard part. I love working with words.
Not a long term career choice...
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Auburn, MaApril 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, vacation time, training
Cons: compensation plan changes, work/life balance, right out of college co-workers w/no work ethics, imaturity surroundings.
As a sales representative, I have found the work life balance very hard to manage. It can be very hard to keep your numbers up if want a life too... Management is a disaster to say the least. Every year the compensation plan changes/bonus, etc. Never for the best of course. The pros of the job/company is they offer great training. Excellent benefits and vacation time. But if your in sales, you can forget about taking the vacation time...
Excellent company and benefits.
Senior Claims Adjuster, Property Claims Department (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: They no longer have an office in Fort Lauderdale.
Every day was different processing and settling new claims.
Great on going training and company benefits. Being a hard worker i worked my way to Senior Claims Adjuster quickly.
LARGE COMPANY THAT LIKES THE YOUNGER EMPLOYEES
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHApril 2, 2015
VARIOUS OFFICE DUTIES. IT USED TO BE A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR UNTIL THEY DECIDED THAT THEY ONLY WANTED THE YOUNGER EMPLOYEES
friendly atmosphere
LEGAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Springfield, MAApril 2, 2015
Pros: vacation time
Cons: compensation, no sick days
a typical day is an overload of legal documents. Working with management to ensure that attorneys have all the documents needed to file motions. the thing I like the most is that they take the time to give back to the community
Great company to work for
Lead Service Specialist (Current Employee), Chatttanooga, TnMarch 31, 2015
Great Place to work, great company culture, co workers are the best. Very competive pay and benifits. Most enjoyable part of job is the people that I work with.
great
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 28, 2015
Pros: graet company
Cons: none
Fast paced environment. managers are approachable and knowledgeable. Co-workers are excellent. great company for advancement.
Great Employer
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 27, 2015
Continuous improving company, great benefits, and compensation model. Over 100 years in business and financially stable. Great claims, sales, and service departments.
Helping people lead secure lives
Licensed Sales Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2015
I am highly committed in providing the best possible experience for my clients! The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people on a daily basis and finding them affordable solutions on their auto, home & life insurance!
Healthcare,
home attended (Current Employee), Stroudsburg, PAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: it excellent
Cons: really dont have n one
This job has allow me to have a very flex scheduale . but for me the most importain thing about the job is to help that person in their needs.
You will never be bored
Sr. Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: Turn Over
As a claim rep you will always have work to do sometimes too much. Can't use AUX codes while on the phone you work from available.
Continuation of my prior work experience with the company.
Service Specialist (Current Employee), Wantagh, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Close to home, great co-workers and management
Cons: Being laid off
When I returned to Liberty Mutual four years ago they continued my pension, 401K and vacation benefits as if I had never left the company. I was able to work with people I liked and work only one mile from my home. The convenience was fantastic. I enjoyed the fast paced work environment and speaking with customers. I would not have left the company if they had not decided to get rid of all the local service professionals. My office alone serviced at least 30 people a week who came into the local office for assistance with their policies. The company has decided to only continue the customer response centers located out-of-state.

1 2 3 4 5

About Liberty Mutual

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a – Read more

Liberty Mutual Salaries