Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INJuly 8, 2014
The position as a CSR is quite intense. Meeting daily metrics is a bit stressful. Also every bit of the time from when you clock in to when you clock out is accounted for in some way or another. Great pay and great benefits!!
Overall good productive, friendly place to work
General Office Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free luncheons with training, good breaks & lunches
Cons: health care could have been a little better, job security after 34 yrs, benefits
Performing call monitoring on office support staff, monitoring incoming and outgoing calls for quality customer service.

I learned excellent training and coaching skills through training

Direct Managers treat you with dignity and respect

Co-workers were great, worked as a TEAM to get results

The hardest part of my job was writing midterm interim – more... and yearly job performance appraisals.

Providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customers. – less
Very little forward movement
Customer Service (Insurance Claims) (Former Employee), Warrenville, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: cut-throat and political work environment
Insurance has loop holes- so does this company
Management is under qualified direct college hires- not efficiently trained to manage in a call center environment

Lot of promises made, with not much room to grow within the organization.

Doesn't promote out of the box thinking and prevents forward movement.
not bad. very fast paced
Senior Claims Representative - Commercial (Current Employee), NJJuly 1, 2014
very fast paced work environment. if you are not able to keep up with a fast paced environment, not the job for you.
Productive and supportive environment
Property Loss Specialist (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYJune 29, 2014
A typical day at work includes managing claim inventory, writing re-construction estimates, working along side not only with policyholders but also company vendors, restoration companies, and contractors. The job is very fast paced and challenging at times but with support from co-workers and management the job is engaging in which you look forward – more... to each claim. The most enjoyable part of the job is I am able to use different skills and also have the opportunity to develop additional skills. – less
Great oppurtunity for growth.
Lead Service Specialist (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 27, 2014
Great oppurtunity for growth. I would recommend Liberty Mutual to anyone.
Excellent compensation but not much turnover so hard to advance
Senior Underwriter, National Accounts (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: nice offices
Cons: management
Overall, a good place to work if you don't expect anything except $$$. Many people spend their whole career there. The tools need to be more formalized and more documented and the thinking is fairly rigid. Wasn't a big fan of the business model, i.e. having to wait to get business submitted via sales/mktg. reps. I think it's much better when the underwriters – more... also bring in the business. Getting sick is frowned upon, so you have a lot of sick people coming into the office spreading germs because they don't want to take a sick day. No weakness of any type is tolerated. Boston Strong and all of that.

Somewhat insular as the people who have been there the longest are the least accountable, do the least mount of work, but are able to have a significant influence regarding their opinions about others outside of their department. A bit of a "good old boy' mentality, for sure. – less
I would not recommend working at Liberty Mutual
Insurance Assistant (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: things are too chaotic for employees to be viewed as an important asset.
The company currently is reacting to massive growth, and chaos is still rampant.
great experience
Senior Claim Representative, Grade 9 (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJune 24, 2014
Pros: insurance discounts
Cons: mgmt has challenges
Auto Property Damage claim adjusting- Emphasis on timely investigations, coverage reviews, evaluation, negotiation and settlement in a fast paced call/claim center environment. Experienced in interviewing insureds, claimants, witnesses, law enforcement officials and paid experts by way of open ended questioning in person and over the telephone. Experienced – more... taking recorded statements and investigating incoming 3rd party claims and subrogation demands using all resources to effect a fair and just settlement. Experienced arranging appraisals, tows and other needed auto repairs. Reviewed property damage appraisals 1st and 3rd party. Worked with in-house and independent auto and property appraisers and auto body shops. Handled 160-200 claims on a monthly basis. Handled all email and paper correspondence from policyholders and claimants. Experienced with settlements of small and bad faith claims in conjunction with Staff Legal by way of ongoing negotiation and court appearances Experienced handling pre-arbitration preparations and post settlement paperwork. Maintained required state adjuster's Licenses for APD claims handling country-wide – less
Good company.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 24, 2014
It was a professional atmosphere. It provided me with an opportunity to work with various programs and to work in a team environment.
Great Place to Work
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2014
Liberty Mutual foster a great working environment that is filled with continuous learning, opportunities for career advancement, and truly exemplifies "Responsibility what is your policy".
Good Company - Great Training
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJJune 23, 2014
Pros: good training and salary
Cons: strict mamagement policies
LM was a great training ground for a claim handling technician.
Great Company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Okemos, MIJune 22, 2014
Pros: great compensation structure
Cons: poor management
I enjoyed working for Liberty Mutual as a whole. I was an insurance agent out of Michigan, and my area was going through a lot of poor management issues. A lot of moving around, relocating and even periods with no managers. Never knew who to report to. Our office was forgotten a lot despite being extremely successful and in the state Capital. However, – more... great pay and great company. Lot of work hours, but it's usual for this field. – less
Fun workplace in tough competitive market
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: co-workers are team players and work life balance
Cons: tough market competition and lack of direction from management in certain areas
First year with company is the most difficult to make money. Co-workers are extremely helpful in learning experience. Management varies location to location from micromanagement to hands off as needed. Hardest part of the job is the networking and building initial customer base. There are plenty of recognition programs to reward and get recognized.
Fun place to work with opportunity to grow
Training Administration Specialist Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 18, 2014
During my time at Liberty Mutual I learned new things daily, took on lots of new projects and found out how to utilize my resources. Everyone at the company was very accomodating to my needs and team work was always part of the plan.
Good Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sewell, NJJune 17, 2014
Excellent benefits - good work life balance, great training, continuing eduaction
A day in the life...
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 16, 2014
A typical day is very busy here. Most of my co-workers are often in their own world. I am looking for something that is a little more personable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2014
answered phones and build claims, I learned how to set claims and file them. My co-workers was awsome to work with.
Great!
Sr. Claims Representative (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 13, 2014
I do not wish to share a review.Great company and that is all I have to say
Fun and Flexible
Waver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2014
Pros: very flexible, friendly co-workers, music allowed during work
Cons: extensive time spent standing
Working as a costumed waver for Liberty Mutual was always fun and fit well with my college class schedule. My co-workers were friendly, helpful, and never acted condescending towards me. When there was inclement weather, they would show concern for my health and safety, suggesting I stay inside while it rained or was uncomfortably cold.

1 2 3 4 5

About Liberty Mutual

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a – Read more