Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Found 1,634 reviews matching the search
Company Review
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJuly 23, 2017
Assignments were provided through company computer. We worked out of our home office, responding to the Valley Stream NY office once a week. Like most SIU investigators we handled PIP; BI, Auto Arsons and Auto Thefts, Home Burglaries as well and Underwriting assignments.
Pros
Good stable company
Cons
None that I can think of
Good Work/Life Balance
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2017
This company has a Flexible Work Arrangement policy from the top to work in the office and at home to promote Work/Life balance.
The work culture in this company is so competitive that even the managers are competing with the employees.
Pros
Promotes Work/Life Balance from the top.
Cons
Below average bonuses. Managers competes with the employees.
Not Who They Used to Be
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 22, 2017
The Liberty Mutual I started working for was a leader in commercial insurance with a great leadership team that valued their employees and provided training that was second to none. I had a diversified customer base with retail, heavy manufacturing, transportation and construction. Honest, respectful opinions were tolerated and encouraged. Fast forward twenty years and the whole corporate culture changed. They no longer provided training to new recruits who either made it or failed. Long hours were demanded with no consideration for the long hours. They no longer boast of their commercial insurance achievements and have slowly started to downsize their commercial market presence.
Cons
Job/Life Balance, Compensation
Strong culture of integrity
Talent & Enterprise Services Team Member (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 21, 2017
Solid company with a strong reputation of doing the right thing. Treat employees good, good culture, management is solid. Hard to advance unless located in corporate office.
Good working place
Senior QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2017
If you try to enjoy working a good company, i think this company one of the good company you can think about. Environment is good, management is friendly.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
no incentive
Not a healthy environment
Sr. Customer Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJuly 20, 2017
Working with liberty mutual in the pip claims dept in liberty lake, wa was the worst environment I've EVER experienced. Very unhealthy, unethical, politics, favoritism, as well as mentally draining. Very unrealistic demands, affecting your reviews and bonuses. Hr support ALWAYS sides with managers and managers always say, "it didnt happen" DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT APPLY HERE. Multiple Employees had to get a prescription for xanax to work. STAY AWAY!!!!
Pros
Hour lunch and decent working hours
Cons
Everything else
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJuly 20, 2017
Good place to work. They allow you to work from home which is really nice. It is hard to move out of the claims department if you do not like customer service though.
Good career path if you are willing to move to other states, especially Boston MA.
Sr. Clams Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 20, 2017
Not a bad company to work for but if you are a good worker, you get swamped. Distribution of work is getting better but they used to rely on a small group of experienced people for everything.
It was pretty much what I thought it would be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 19, 2017
The job has changed a lot over the years and the company has made necessary adjustments to keep up in a very competitive industry. For me the work/life balance just was not there. Great pay and benefits!
Automation test specialization
QA AUTOMATION LEAD (Current Employee) –  exter nhJuly 19, 2017
Worked on key Automation concepts like early Automation concepts Selenium, soapui and Jenkins
Nice place to learn new technologies in claims, great work place and good management
Great Opportunity
Insurance Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 19, 2017
* Utilize a consultative sales approach to sell insurance policies to prospective policy holders by providing rate quotes and coverage information that helps them live safer, more secure lives.
* Counsel prospects and policyholders on coverage, limits, and regulations.
* Develop quotes based upon risk information.
* Close inbound sales from leads for auto and homeowners insurance generated from mail campaigns.
* Evaluate risks utilizing underwriting rules and guidelines to bind coverage.

The most difficult part of the job is mental toughness. The everyday grind of the inside sales environment.

Although, after all the work you do to help your customers, and once you get the paycheck to prove your commitment and dedication for all your customers... It's all worth it!
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
work/life balance
Good company
Underwriting technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
The starting pay is good and the benefits start right away. They lack communication between management and staff. Management is a mess and lacks effective leadership. Work and life balance is emphasized as being one of their strong suits but in the end is not as important as it appears.
Pros
Employee benefits & starting pay
Cons
Management & work life balance
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 19, 2017
Unfortunately after 13 years my position at Liberty Mutual has been eliminated and I am seeking employment with other organizations. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Liberty Mutual and would not be seeking other opportunities if my position still existed.
not good
Senior Safety Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2017
Liberty gets rid of those nearing retirement with a large downsize every couple years. Benefits are getting worse each year (higher deductibles, higher premiums). Employees are not treated well - we are a number. Management is not trustworthy and does not tell the truth. Expenses are cut drastically each year - yet managers are first class and fine dining constantly. There is no career advancement opportunities and definitely not any cross functional opportunities across departments.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
management
37.5 hours
Associate Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 18, 2017
There are a lot of opportunities at Liberty Mutual. it can be stressful at times. There is micro- managing in the departments because of the high call volumes at are received. There is always overtime offered.
Depends on your manager
Sr. Claims Resolution Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 17, 2017
Great benefits but your experience really depends on the manager. Unfortunately, not all managers at Liberty Mutual are great so you can go from an amazing manager at one role and then be promoted and hate it under your new one. I've known several people to quit after several years with the company due to their new manager.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, pension
Terrible morale, bad management
Gold Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJuly 17, 2017
I have seen morale plummet drastically since I started here. You are micromanaged to meet metrics that you have no control over and threatened with your job if you don't meet them. New hires are being hired at or above the pay level of tenured employees. Terrible morale among employees. Costs are cut at the expense of employees and employees are told their concerns are being listened too, but then management argues with you about any concerns that you bring up. The turnover here is horrible and work/life balance does not exist. Sadly, I could keep going all day about what I don't like about this place. I was very excited to start working here and really put in a lot of effort in and still do. I have gotten great reviews for my work each year but don't at all feel valued. Everyone is disposable.
Cons
Management, metrics
Excellent place to work at
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 15, 2017
Excellent management, learning experience, always ways for improvement, security, excellent pay rate, excellent benefits, always fun to work at, I will highly recommend this place
Great job
Salvage Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 15, 2017
I was employed as a temp for the company. Assignment ended unfortunately but i loved the company and my job. Liberty really seems to care about their permanent employees.
Pros
Great work environment, easy work, nice people, great pay
Cons
was not given a fair chance to move on as a permanent employee
Solid Company and Ok pay
SR Associate (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 14, 2017
Upper management doesn't listen to middle management therefore the company sometimes lacks direction and clear vision and the fortitude to let long term plans play out. Upper management is constantly adjusting goals and processes which makes it very difficult on the rank on file.
Pros
Pto, good pay for the area
Cons
Working weekends, most likely having to start out working nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.