Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

I do not want to write a review
Claims Adjuster/Subrogation Specialist (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 24, 2015
It is a very difficult job, requires self motivation, professionalism when negotiating, and a degree of knowledge that assists in decision making. Everyone is always busy, there is no down time, management tries to be involved and help problem solve. The type of work is the most enjoyable part. Investigating and piecing together accidents is pretty cool along with compiling evidence to support your reasoning.
Former Employee
Former Employee (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management - leadership - incompetent leaders
Old Boys Club Mentality - we are no longer in the 60s 70s 80s or 90s

millennials need not to apply or you will feel enslaved

slow and old technolgy

slow and old management

my brain's processing speed was faster than every software system I used (4 to 5 software systems )

the pay was decent but not worth the stress
glad im out
A very secure company
Insurance Assistant (Current Employee), SeattleJuly 22, 2015
Pros: yearly bonus
Cons: expensive benefits, no incentives
I admire Liberty Mutual but they are very conservative and I prefer work in a company that is more progressive. In my office there is no room for growth and I am ready to take my career to the next phase.
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Cumming, GAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Fun, fast paced, team oriented company
A typical day would consist of providing excellent customer service. Handling phones, emails and walk in customers. I learned an extensive database in property and casualty insurance. I enjoy working for a company with a solid foundation and is a long standing company.
Liberty Mutual
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 21, 2015
My job was fun at Liberty Mutual. The team really did a lot to improve our relationships inside and outside of the work place. At times work was fast paced and challenging. I would have stayed in this position if I did not get sick and go on disability.
productive day assisting customers with policy changes
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), New Castle, PAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: never alone, always have help, multiple short breaks
Cons: attendence set-up, not many shifts to chose from
I've learned that everything takes a little hard work to achieve success. My co workers are a tremendous help at any time. The hardest part of my job is learning the different systems to utilize to assist with customers. Most enjoyable would have to be helping customers on a daily basis.
Good solid company to work for with many ways to encourage better performance
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Framingham, MaJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Rewards for performance, work life balance, benefits
Cons: Too micro managed now, trying to centralize all areas with no branch offices.
Liberty Mutual is a great place to work. They have a great work, life balance, giving each employee plenty of time off.

Encouraged performance by rewarding employees with money, gift cards, lunches, etc., when the goals are met.
Continuous Training opportunities
Personal Sales Rep (Current Employee), Dublin, OhioJuly 20, 2015
Cons: Quota Deadlines
Limited opportunity to grow. Excellent Training. Great group of co-workers. Hardest part is a sales isn't guaranteed commission until after a year. If policy holder cancels anytime within that year then you lose your commission.
Great place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2015
Very long training process. You have to work hard. Supervisors are great. Benefits are good, could be a little better. Overall, worth a try but don't expect it to be easy.
Challenging
Claims (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2015
LM is a challenging company to work for. The workload can sometimes exceed capabailies even for the highest perfomers and negatively impact work life balance.
call center
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 14, 2015
micro managed, all time is accounted for with the clocking/ time allocation system. Good job security job requires to sit all day and meteric require to keep job role.
Very comfortable to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAJuly 10, 2015
Everyone was very comfortable to work with and were like family. I learned a lot and enjoyed the environment. One of the companies I worked for that made me feel welcome and a part of the team.
Already Reviewed
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2015
This is a big company and you can expect to work a lot but get paid for it. You can move up if you show that you have the willingness to work hard.
Great company
Sr. Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 7, 2015
Lots of opportunities to grow and develop professionally, pay for performance philosophy, challenging and gratifying work environment
Great Company to work for!
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: great with employees
Cons: company was changing and markets were being reassigned
Quite a bit of mobility within the company structure. I started as a service representative and worked my way up as one of the top female commercial sales representatives!
Management was great. Left the company due to a move from the state.
A great place to work
Sr. Field Investigator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: I was laid off
I enjoyed my time at Liberty Mutual. Unfortunatly, I took a Field Investigator position and was laid off five years later. It was a nationwide lay off affecting over 100 employees.
Liberty Mutual really helped futher developed my skills
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 30, 2015
Liberty Mutual was a great company that really challenge individuals. They definitely give you enough work to keep you busy and challenged you to push yourself to the next level.
Insurance Sales
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJune 30, 2015
Very professional working environment. Participated in several sale workshops and conference. Auto, life and home owners insurance.
Gained valuable experience in customer service,
Corporate and Retail experience
Senior Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2015
Company experience definately depends on employee role. Work culture and management also depend on the location. However, overall the company does a good job at developing talent and employees are able to move up the ranks. The hardest part is just the retail hours. The most enjoyable part is the amount of people you work with and employees can take opportunities in any area.
Good Company to work for.
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee), Centennial, COJune 25, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Hard to get internal interviews for advancement
Enjoyed working for Liberty Mutual Insurance. Co-workers gathered to create good team work for projects and accomplished what needed to be done for the company.
Headquarters