Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,112 reviews matching the search
Was not a good fit for me
Claims Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 15, 2016
If you want to work for a multinational corporation that is metrics-driven and tries to get more work done with less staff, this place might be the challenge you're looking for.
I don't know how else to put it other than that there's an oppressive, depressive feeling in the offices.
Several co-workers along with myself found it difficult to move jobs within the company.
I can say with confidence it is hard to recover if you fall behind here.
It's the kind of place where it's hard to use your time off because all your work will be waiting for you when you get back, and you're working twice as hard before and after to try to avoid falling behind too much.
Several employees experience burnout.
The compensation and benefits are really good, I think. If you want to rise through the ranks, you can do that here; it's just hard to move into another field within the company (e.g. claims to underwriting, training to recruiting, etc.).
I can only speak from my experience.
Pros
Great benefits package, good pay
Cons
poor work-life balance, hard to change jobs within company
Productive workplace with great teamwork
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 27, 2016
I really loved the variety of tasks. Depending on which department I was assigned to support the tasks varied. I would scan insurance documents into our system that I would then import them to each customer's electronic file. I would also assign a task for each one, depending on the request made on the document. The processing team would then make sure the customer's request was taken care of once I had it in the system. I would also distribute incoming mail to the appropriate department. I would also sometimes process many pieces of Return Mail and do some research to find the possible current address. By doing this, the customer would be able to receive an important document for their life insurance policy and Liberty Mutual had a greater chance of also maintaining their business.
Pros
The job had variety. The people were great to work with. The benefits could not be beat.
Cons
I felt as though I had to be a robot and not allowed to make any mistakes as any human being would.
ok
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2016
Training was good. I had a classmate that got to be put into another class after he missed numerous days due to a minor health issue from his diabetes. I am diabetic as well. So, I have had the issue he had numerous of time. I found out that I was pregnant, with twins, I was hospitalized due to my diabetes, high risk pregnancy, and I lost one of the twins. HR would NOT and or did not even care or try to attempt to help me to save my job. Besides the compensation there is nothing else that I would say is good about the company.
Pros
trainers
Cons
HR
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 23, 2016
Would have undoubtedly continued with Liberty Mutual had the reorganization, eliminating my position, not occurred. Declined an opportunity to relocate to be retained. A company committed to excellence in training, support, compensation and benefits, and ethical delivery of high quality insurance products and services, with the highest concern for compliance with regulations and industry standards.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, training, support, ethical standards...
Cons
Declining local presence...
Great company, does it the right way!
Field Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 15, 2016
great company to work for. tons of opportunity to advance and has a very good culture of doing the right thing. As with any Fortune 100 company, there are issues with clear communication from Management on down but overall fantastic company and one you can retire with.
Pros
pay, benefits, career advancement, culture, travel opportunities, winning culture, genuine care and compassion for employees at all levels
Cons
communication of upper management on down
Highly Supportive Company and Culture
Email Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2016
Liberty Mutual provides employees with a safe and comfortable environment to come to work every day. They provide their employees with opportunities and great benefits.

The company is a typical 9-5 culture and follows typical corporate culture policies (dress code, lunches, etc).
Pros
Company supports growth and movement
Cons
Difficult to get things done quickly due to its size
Above Industry Pay Rate with very favorable commission structure
NATIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2016
Good company a lot of monetary incentives. As market changes increasing pressure placed on sales reps to squeeze policies out of customers. Liberty Mutual underwriting very strict often rejects customers causes agents morale to be low
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
changing culture more militaristic, work/life balance
Competitive benefits, good organization
Senior Workers Compensation Claims Technician (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 5, 2016
Good organization to work with, very competitive benefits and good salary ranges for type of work you do. Learned a lot in my 5 years with the company, opportunity to return to school with tuition assistance.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Flexibility
Cons
Limited advancement at current location
A good first full time job
Business Rater Ii (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMarch 26, 2016
My duties were secretarial and was my first office job out of high school. I learned the business part of an office job,I had one co-worker who was my supervisor who was awesome. The hardest part of the job was the distance from home and I did enjoy the work but then was hired at Liberty Mutual that did offer more secure benefits.
Pros
The supervisor and the work
Cons
distance from home
Good work place to work with good benefits
Insurance Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2016
Meeting people
How to work with all kinds of people
Management of time
I liked working with all me co-workers all was go to work with
It all came to me with no trubble, I liked my work
Meeting people of all kinds and working to help them
Pros
Being out of the office most of the time
Cons
good benefits and time off.
Company Review
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 6, 2016
The company does well with regards to compensation. The company can do better with job opportunities in Colorado, as there is no room for growth without having to relocate to another state.
Pros
Great compensation, good health benefits
Cons
Lack of job opportunities in Colorado
Straight forward
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2016
Amazing company great benefit, competitive pay, simple work. Always something to do something to learn. Be cautious on who you put your trust in it could eventually be your down fall.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Communication, life outside of work understandings
Not a stable company
Medical Service Representative-Am Medical (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2016
This company recently laid off employees to move department to East coast. They reopened the department but didn't call back any employees that were laid off. The management is very poor. The pay & benefits are extremely poor. I would not work for this company again.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, management, charge for parking.
Supportive Staff and Great Benefits
Bodily Inj Claims Adj Resolution Spec III (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 2, 2016
Although this position is challenging and fast-paced, management is extremely supportive and often times will assist with case work. The pay is competitive and benefits are great!
Pros
laid back, supportive staff, competitive pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
work chanllenges
Overall a good place to work
Senior Claim Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 5, 2016
Liberty has great benefits, a lot of paid time off and there is a lot of opportunity for advancement in the company. The job is very stressful and working overtime is a requirement to stay up to date on your work.
Large company with a lot of growth potential
Manager, Business Systems Projects (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 11, 2016
Liberty Mutual is a very large company with a lot of growth potential for motivated and energetic individuals. Competitive Salary and Benefits.
Pros
Growth opportunity, Competitive Benefits
Was a great place to work
Assistant Manager, Receivables (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 6, 2016
Great company to work for. They do try and do the right thing for the customer and employees. People that work there tend to stay a long time (given the choice).
Pros
Good benefits and lots of room to grow
Cons
Hard to move into another business unit (i.e. Finance to Claims)
Good company culture and fun place to work.
IT Help Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 30, 2015
The management is good and tries to assist in opportunities for advancement as well as training. Most days are very busy supporting a wide variety of software and hardware issues including MS Office, windows, Android phones and iPhones. The co-workers are very friendly and helpful when needing advice. In sum a very nice place to work.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
Parking is expensive.
Work in Progress
Commercial Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 25, 2015
Opportunities abound to learn and grow within a constantly changing industry. The focus is always production, and improving on what we did yesterday. Consistency and focus is key, as your work will be demanding and your customers and clients will need to be the priority. The most difficult thing to do is leave, because the work is never done.
Pros
Great benefits, great company attitude, bonuses, and management is always receptive to the needs of employees.
Cons
Work life balance is tough, Expectations are some times not feasible, Management may not always make decisions that meet the needs of the employees.
Great Company
Customer Service Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2015
This is a wonderful company to work for. Great work life balance, pay and benefits. Plenty of hands on training. Also, they provide a full kitchen with cafeteria services.
Pros
Awesome mentorship program
Cons
Requesting time off is prioritized by tenuor.