Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Found 1,394 reviews matching the search
Great Work Life Balance
IT Scrum Master/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2017
Liberty provides all of their employees with a great work life balance by being flexible with their work arrangements, especially the work from home benefit. The issue with Liberty is management and their inconsistencies across different groups. Opportunities for advancement only come when working for managers/leaders who are able to see past years of experience and really take a look and value the work being done on a day to day basis
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Opportunities for advancement
Great Company
Claims Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 21, 2017
This is a great company to work for, they are concerned about getting their employees opinions and working to change the pain points we encounter. My job is fast paced and challenging when dealing with claimants. It has taught me a lot about dealing with people and a lot about myself.
Lots of opportunity
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMarch 21, 2017
It's a large company with a lot of opportunity. The satisfaction of the role is highly dependent on one's manager. Some managers are fun to work with, most are decent, some manage poorly. This applies to senior leadership as well. Some departments treat people with respect and dignity, most of these are on the business side. The IT departments have made strides, but many departments, sadly, still see people as numbers.
For the most part this company is very stable, and provides a lot of growth potential. Many people start a rewarding career at this company, and a few even finish a career at Liberty.
Pros
Free coffee, generous tuition reimbursement.
Cons
Pricey healthcare, so-so work/life balance.
Supportive to the employee's needs.
IT Project Manager, Global Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 21, 2017
Great company with skilled and talented employees. Encourages and supports new ideas from all levels of the organization. Supports hiring and training internal staff and values bringing in new talent from the outside.
Ups & Downs
HC Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2017
Management is poor, not a lot of team building. Very independent, until they start to see you need a little help and it turns into micro-management. Small desks, no privacy.
Pros
Free Lunches
Lead Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAMarch 21, 2017
the company was a great place to work. They also had great benefits. The manager staff was very supported as well. Encourage to get and approve on getting some designation.
Loved this place
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 20, 2017
Great company to work for! Great people! Amazing space! Great people! Not much else to say! You will learn alot! And feel appreciated all the time! Like all the time!
Positive Work Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAMarch 20, 2017
A typical day was filled with new challenges. Computer work consisted of data entry. It included communication with customers on the phone while entering data. Friendly management was a plus.
Would not recommend this place of employment.
Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAMarch 20, 2017
The work environment was ok. The lack of courtesy for employees and their employment. I termed due what they said was attendance, but is false being that I work plenty of over time and never missed a day until I became ill. It seems that there is favoritism in the company because there were other employees with worse attendance than myself whom are still employed.
An exciting and challenging place to do IT work
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2017
The culture emphasizes being agile and creative, but also maintaining a work/life balance. The company believes in keeping its personnel up-to-date on the latest technologies and tools, and it is willing to invest in its employees. The managers are by-and-large excellent (although I've heard of one or two who could use some re-training). The benefits are excellent. Liberty Mutual espouses values of inclusivity and diversity, and it puts its money where its mouth is. The emphasis is on being alert to one's unavoidable biases and therefore taking those biases off the table. I highly recommend Liberty as an employer.
Fast paced job with plenty of overtime avaialble.
Life and Annuity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 19, 2017
Emails and follow up work must be completed first thing in the day, or you will not have time to get it done. Applications start rolling in mid to late morning and the need to be done within 10 minutes. There are three of us who process the applications for the entire country and we are very busy. We work a lot of overtime to keep up with what needs to be completed by the end of the day. We work as a team to help each other out and the teamwork is what motivates me to keep working hard. I also enjoy working with and helping the bank agents that sell our products.
Pros
Great Benefits and co-workers
Cons
We work through lunch and it's still not enough.
Rewarding place to work, great training and advancement opportunities.
Associate Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 19, 2017
A typical day at work felt too short in hours to complete tasks, this can be a great thing. The workplace culture was among the best I've experienced, but management could improve on aiding work/life balance.
the temporary assignments i had every three months were fun and enjoyable
Insurance Assistant-Temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  dover nhMarch 17, 2017
I worked for liberty mutual on temp assignments several times. the first one was ok but I did not get any further in the company. I then worked every three months doing data entry. unfortunately that assignment did not have a possibility of permanent placement.
Pros
enjoyable people
Cons
no posibility of permanant placement
Liberty Mutual Experience
Principal Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 17, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for as there are many opportunities to start and grow a career. There are many mentors available that are willing to guide you and focus on where you want to go.
Billing Specialist
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 15, 2017
I took billing questions and concerns from customers as well as payments. Referred them to our renewal team and updated them on the policy. If there was any questions I could not answer, I was able to look it up and find the answer myself.
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2017
Good place to work. Large organization with different cultures that have not yet blended. A lot of reorganization and restructure in the past several years.
Good pay, poor everything else (Claims)
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAMarch 15, 2017
If you are looking for a good paying job with a fair amount of time off then Liberty Mutual is the place for you. Be warned that these are the ONLY two things Liberty offers.

A typical day includes a substantial amount of time alone staring at your computer with a few virtual meetings where very little is accomplished. Most departments are remote and just because you are on a "team", don't expect any support or interaction with your peers.

Management is full of incompetence and are trained to micro managing your work. As a result you will NEVER have the opportunity to showcase your talents or add any personal ideas to your work. "If we want your opinion, we will give it to you." Also included in manager training is the directive to ignore the personal aspects of the employee-manager relationship and to concentrate on tasks only. Further and most depressingly, 95% of all managers lack the ability to lead or inspire. It really is an authoritative atmosphere presented in a charade of false niceties.

Workplace culture could be described as a deceitful and uncaring. The goal of most people who work here is to delay progress and try not to contribute to any work that would not directly benefit them. There is also an undying habit throughout the entire workforce to point out what something is not, regardless of the project goal or intent.

Overall I would think twice before working at Liberty Mutual, the unhealthy culture, lack of development and poor management more than cancel out the higher than average pay.
Pros
Money, Vacation Time
Cons
Everything Else
i love working heree
Sr. Dot Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 14, 2017
it is a good place to work. i have been working here from 2016.
it is located in Dover,NH which is a friendly location and people of that company are awesome.
Good company to work for -management very suportive
Systems Workflow Analyst (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHMarch 13, 2017
Liberty Mutual is great Company to work for, people are very friendly. Management is supportive, pay is competitive. It's a very fast past company. They support furthering your education. Currently Liberty Mutual is moving towards Agile project work in lieu of Waterfall type project work. This is impacting some long term folks who have worked as a business analyst.
Pros
Work Life Balance, free Coffee, upward mobility
Cons
Maintaining too many systems; re-organization changes
Great place to find a career!
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 13, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a great place to work! If you are looking for a place to be challenged, find culture, career advancement and work life balance, it is the right place for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.