Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,074 reviews matching the search
Horrible Morale
Sr. Customer Claims Rep PM (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAApril 28, 2016
I love my job, I do NOT like management. Favoritism and retaliation at it's best. No Fault department only in Liberty Lake, WA
No advancement
Senior Underwriting Assistant - Mid-Markets (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILApril 28, 2016
I do not mind my job on a day-to-day basis but there is zero room for advancement. It is difficult to stay at a job when you know it's not going anywhere.
High energy environment that challenges you everyday
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 28, 2016
Solid place to work with excellent employee focus. Management cares about the people. Benefits continue to expand and bridge prior gap.
Love the team work, growing knowledge and advancements
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 27, 2016
Absolutely love the work environment. Liberty Mutual values employees and customers. This company definitely will teach you the importance of ownership and confidence.
Pros
Growth of advancement
Cons
Contractors
Paid or recover auto claims
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 26, 2016
Worked with others to get the job done. Paid and recover payment for auto claims, read arbitrations for auto claims. Made decisions or at what percent a person was responsible for an auto loss.
Excellent company to work for.
Claims Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2016
Take inbound calls from customers related to policy/coverage, first notice of loss and existing claims on multiple personal lines of coverage by adhering to set up, coding, and handle time requirements. Use claims automation systems to the fullest extent possible to ensure a quality experience. Perform all responsibilities to achieve individual goals on quality, time and customer satisfaction results.
Pros
Benefits, income, career growth, employees, management, flexible schedule, environment, etc.
Very Good
Sr. IT Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 25, 2016
Good Experience, Nice Team. Multiculture company. Very cooperative management. I learned a lot when I worked for Liberty mutual. There is a lot of chance for the learning curve.
Sr. Agency Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 22, 2016
I enjoy working at Liberty, however, I find it difficult to move up through the organization. The work/life balance is great. Liberty offers flexible work arrangements that allow you to choose your schedule or even work from home. A lot of the work is starting to be outsourced to a third party vendor overseas.
My Review
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNApril 21, 2016
I pretty good job overall at Liberty Mutual. Customer service, billing arrangements, and many other things throughout the day.
Productive and Friendly Work Environment
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 20, 2016
A great place to have work and personal life balance.
Offer great benefits to employees.
Some people have been with the company for over 20 years which is a good sign
Best experience of my life
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 19, 2016
Great company to work for. The benefits are great but the advancement opportunities are extremely limited. There are options for lateral moves but actual advancement is hard as once you get a supervisor position nobody wants to leave. Good and bad.
Positive
Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NhApril 19, 2016
Liberty Mutual has been an excellent place to advance my career. they provide educational opportunities, training, and you often work in a team environment. I would recommend employment to anybody offered a position
I enjoyed my job very much
Associate Business Analysis - AVP Reinsurance (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 14, 2016
Overview of job - working with co workers on a daily basis; handled incoming calls, scheduled appointments and meetings as well as maintaining the filing system for the department
Pros
flexible with lunch schedule and work hours
Cons
Productive workplace with a warm and supportive staff.
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORApril 14, 2016
I went into the Insurance field with almost no knowledge under my belt. Every day was a new experience or a new set of policies to master. most days were filled with generating documents and filling out databases before litigation could commence. While it made my average day pretty challenging compared to other co-workers that had been with the company for a while, I was still able to complete my daily tasks and make lasting impressions on my clients. While the actual work itself was interesting and fun to learn, the interactions and friendships with co-workers was by far the most enjoyable part of working with Liberty Mutual.
Pros
Good Benefits, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Commute Time
Great company, benefits and atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 13, 2016
Great company to work. Typical day can be occasionally challenging but very rewarding once customer issues are resolved timely . Management along with coworkers provides a comfortable atmosphere making it a pleasant place to work. Hardest part of the job occur when there is no positive way to turn a negative situation around. Most enjoyable is providing exceptional service, the satisfaction of informing customers of their current product, resolving any issues if any and also advising of other products and services that the company offers that feed their needs
Remote work locations
Senior Field Claim Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA & San Diego, CAApril 12, 2016
A typical day of work included answering calls, e-mails, acquiring new claims, writing estimates, on-site inspections and team meetings.
I learned many new customer service skills, estimating guidelines within company regulations and skills to help with time management.
Management was mainly non-existent unless meetings were called, mostly reactive as opposed to proactive.
I saw my co-workers twice in the year span in California.
The hardest part of the job was trying to balance homeowners expectations during a difficult time in their lives while trying to maintain a reasonable work/life balance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people every day while inspecting losses and helping those in need of your service. At the end of the day having someone be truly appreciative of the work you to makes the job worth it.
Pros
Scheduling, remote work, trust
Cons
Healthcare, work/life balance, management
Job
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 12, 2016
The job was a great place to work and a great environment. The management team was great as well. Supported end users on a daily basis working hard imaging pcs.
Nice place to work.
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 11, 2016
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and casualty insurance.
People
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 9, 2016
The people at Liberty are all some of the best in the industry. Liberty people are great to work with and work for. Highly trained people that always do what is best for the customer.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Difficult to advance
Nice people to work with
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2016
Having to watch how long you are in the restroom was not fun.
being tied to a computer and logging every second was just not for me.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
short lunches