Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Good pay, benefits, training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mishawaka, IN and TAMPA, FLJuly 30, 2015
Great company with good benefits, good training, mentoring and assistance, daily team huddles for sharing information in call handling. Supervisors and/or Seniors available when questions arise.
great company to work for, with top not benefits, a place for advancement with in the company,
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, benefits
Cons: short breaks, poor cafeteria
Faced pace inbound call center dealing with escalated phone calls and assisting customer service representative with policy questions. Large amount of red tape and politics, which is normal for large insurance – more... companies. Co-workers are the best part as they are great to work with and the co-workers all care for each other. The hardest part of the job was no full service cafeteria just vending machine. Most enjoyable part was resolving concerns for our policy holders which was beneficial for both management and the policy holders. – less
Insurance Assistant for Legal Department (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Templates
Learning the different legal letters that had to be process. Co-workers were helpful with all questions. Hardest part of job was pleasing the attorneys. Enjoyable was the co-workers and activities.
Productive and flexible sales opportunity. Fun, family environment.,
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, salary- plus commission, family environment.
Cons: long days from 9am-10pm most weeks.
In early for morning meetings, reviewing numbers. Very small office so felt like family. Hardest part was the 200 min daily cold calls. I loved the marketing aspect of the job. I loved getting creative too achieve as many leads as possible.
Senior Claims Specialist II (Current Employee), Elmsford, NYJuly 28, 2015
Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for. You can expect a competitive salary, great people and lots of upward mobility.
Forune 100 company that lives by the slogan of doing the responsible thing.
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2015
Semi-annual performance reviews, goals are tied to organizational goals so easy to see how you fit in to the success of the company. Very ethical and they will never ask you to compromise your morals / what is ethically the right thing to do.
I do not want to write a review
Claims Adjuster/Subrogation Specialist (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 24, 2015
It is a very difficult job, requires self motivation, professionalism when negotiating, and a degree of knowledge that assists in decision making. Everyone is always busy, there is no down time, management – more... tries to be involved and help problem solve. The type of work is the most enjoyable part. Investigating and piecing together accidents is pretty cool along with compiling evidence to support your reasoning. – less
Former Employee
Former Employee (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management - leadership - incompetent leaders
Old Boys Club Mentality - we are no longer in the 60s 70s 80s or 90s

millennials need not to apply or you will feel enslaved

slow and old technolgy

slow and old management

my brain's processing speed was faster than every software system I used (4 to 5 software systems )

the pay was decent but not worth the stress
glad im out
A very secure company
Insurance Assistant (Current Employee), SeattleJuly 22, 2015
Pros: yearly bonus
Cons: expensive benefits, no incentives
I admire Liberty Mutual but they are very conservative and I prefer work in a company that is more progressive. In my office there is no room for growth and I am ready to take my career to the next phase.
not committed to longevity employees
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Marlton, NJJuly 21, 2015
Pros: advancement of salary
Cons: not committed to longevity
Extensive claims handling and commitment to handling claims effectively saving the company money,
Company not committed to employees with commitment in handling claims for extensive years with invaluable records
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Cumming, GAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Fun, fast paced, team oriented company
A typical day would consist of providing excellent customer service. Handling phones, emails and walk in customers. I learned an extensive database in property and casualty insurance. I enjoy working for a company with a solid foundation and is a long standing company.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 21, 2015
My job was fun at Liberty Mutual. The team really did a lot to improve our relationships inside and outside of the work place. At times work was fast paced and challenging. I would have stayed in this position if I did not get sick and go on disability.
productive day assisting customers with policy changes
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), New Castle, PAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: never alone, always have help, multiple short breaks
Cons: attendence set-up, not many shifts to chose from
I've learned that everything takes a little hard work to achieve success. My co workers are a tremendous help at any time. The hardest part of my job is learning the different systems to utilize to assist with customers. Most enjoyable would have to be helping customers on a daily basis.
Good solid company to work for with many ways to encourage better performance
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Framingham, MaJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Rewards for performance, work life balance, benefits
Cons: Too micro managed now, trying to centralize all areas with no branch offices.
Liberty Mutual is a great place to work. They have a great work, life balance, giving each employee plenty of time off.

Encouraged performance by rewarding employees with money, gift cards, lunches, etc., when the goals are met.
Continuous Training opportunities
Personal Sales Rep (Current Employee), Dublin, OhioJuly 20, 2015
Cons: Quota Deadlines
Limited opportunity to grow. Excellent Training. Great group of co-workers. Hardest part is a sales isn't guaranteed commission until after a year. If policy holder cancels anytime within that year then you lose your commission.
Great place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2015
Very long training process. You have to work hard. Supervisors are great. Benefits are good, could be a little better. Overall, worth a try but don't expect it to be easy.
Challenging
Claims (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2015
LM is a challenging company to work for. The workload can sometimes exceed capabailies even for the highest perfomers and negatively impact work life balance.
call center
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 14, 2015
micro managed, all time is accounted for with the clocking/ time allocation system. Good job security job requires to sit all day and meteric require to keep job role.
Very comfortable to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAJuly 10, 2015
Everyone was very comfortable to work with and were like family. I learned a lot and enjoyed the environment. One of the companies I worked for that made me feel welcome and a part of the team.
Already Reviewed
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2015
This is a big company and you can expect to work a lot but get paid for it. You can move up if you show that you have the willingness to work hard.
Headquarters