Liberty Mutual

1K reviews

Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Found 1,006 reviews matching the search
A great company to work for
LMS Continuous Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 12, 2016
If you are willing to be mobile the sky is the limit at Liberty Mutual. There are growing opportunities in the new campus in Plano.
Large company with a lot of growth potential
Manager, Business Systems Projects (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 11, 2016
Liberty Mutual is a very large company with a lot of growth potential for motivated and energetic individuals. Competitive Salary and Benefits.
Pros
Growth opportunity, Competitive Benefits
Fast Pace
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Customer Service call center is very fast pace and numbers driven. You do work in a team setting. Even though every call is different, it can still be robotic in your responses as again, they are numbers driven with meeting call center standards.
Pros
Higher income
Cons
not enough family flexibility
great place to work
WC Technical Asst/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 9, 2016
A typical work day can be very busy, hectic, fun and learning..Having empathy toward injured clients shows how must we care and the compassion we have for the work and responsibility we are assigned. Co-workers were amazing and very help as well as management. The hardest part of the job was the heavy case volume. The most enjoyable part is being able to provide the necessary care to the client that will allow them to return to work force.
Amazing Company
Claims Analyst - Personal Lines (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
I have a great time working at Liberty. They offer a lot of benefits and give you a lot of work time balance with great pay. Management was ok
A wonderful company
Financial Operations Rep II (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 8, 2016
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company is an excellent company. They work hard to help their employees with a great job/life balance.
It is what you make it
Group Markets Long Term Disability Case Manager I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2016
As a disability case manager for long term it's a pretty stress free environment with minimal phone calls and tasks. However, the tasks you have can be quite involved and lots of moving parts to follow up on. The coworkers are what make the work day fun, whether working from home or in the office, the IM keeps as connected and me smiling periodically throughout the day. The management can be very picky at times. And it can feel like there is some favoritism shown, but for the most part super fun.
Good company to work for and good people
Supervisor II, Subrogation Claims (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 7, 2016
Liberty Mutual was a good company to work for and the coworkers were great. Decent benefits and comparable pay. Opportunities existed to improve communication.
Great Office
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2016
I enjoyed y job at Liberty. There is a nice team culture at the company. I also like that Liberty has a culture of giving back to the community.
Not a stable company
Medical Service Representative-Am Medical (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2016
This company recently laid off employees to move department to East coast. They reopened the department but didn't call back any employees that were laid off. The management is very poor. The pay & benefits are extremely poor. I would not work for this company again.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, management, charge for parking.

Want to know more about Liberty Mutual?

Ask a question
Penny pinchers, overworked & underpaid, no growth!
Legal Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2016
Liberty has gone DOWN hill. They are penny pinchers. The amount of work given to 1 it should be for 2-3 people. You are OVER worked & underpaid. There is NO room for growth as soon as someone from a senior level leaves, IF and I say IF they replace the position it's for a lower level so you will never get to grow and move up. When it comes to time off, yes it's pretty decent, BUT good luck trying to use it, because since it's so short staffed you'll have 10xs more work sitting on your desk when you are back from your time off.
Cons
No growth, low pay, too much work is given to 1 person, favoritism, poor management
Great benefits
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 26, 2016
Great benefits. Not enough pay. Not challenging enough. Very strict working environment, which was not needed. Lots of outside work was a nice change.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough pay. Not challenging enough.
great friendships
Lead Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Wasn't very happy towards the end of my carrer there. I was ready to move forward with opportunity .I worked at this company for 9 years, and formed good relationships
Great Company
Workers Compensation Technical Assistant II, CI (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Lots of opportunities to grow within the company
Worked 30 years for the company
Family/work balance
Enjoyed every job opportunity given to me by this company
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJanuary 19, 2016
Good culture, fun work environment depending on position. Lots of reorganizations regularly so job security can vary.
n/a
Licensed (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 19, 2016
General office works, sale & service customer whether customer's walk-in or phone call and support an agent to complete the sale as needed.
More discussion upon your request at the interview.
Great company, does it the right way!
Field Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 15, 2016
great company to work for. tons of opportunity to advance and has a very good culture of doing the right thing. As with any Fortune 100 company, there are issues with clear communication from Management on down but overall fantastic company and one you can retire with.
Pros
pay, benefits, career advancement, culture, travel opportunities, winning culture, genuine care and compassion for employees at all levels
Cons
communication of upper management on down
How I feel about my recent job/ Liberty Mutual
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILJanuary 13, 2016
working for Liberty Mutual helped me learn more about my job an my position . going to work everyday wasn't that bad at all , everything became a routine so the job became more easier. The management was really good, things got done in the upper level when it needed to be done. The co-workers where ok , some was off a little an some people would have problems helping other co-workers. To me there was never a "HARD" part about the job everything was pretty simple, but the most enjoyable part about the job was that everyone got alone with each other .
Great company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2016
I have worked for Liberty for just over ten years. I have loved how my supervisors and managers have worked with me to provide me with career growth and professional development.
good place
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2016
has an opputunity to work remote.Good colleagues and a fun place to work for.would recommend this company to anyone.Lot ot learn
benefits
Cons
nothing