Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual Employer Reviews

n/a
Claims Specialist II (Former Employee), Claims OfficeApril 14, 2014
Alot of micromanaging by management. Alot of unecessary meetings every week. The people who work there make it easier to come to work each day.
Management Politics
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHApril 12, 2014
Be prepared to encounter office politics. The pay is good, but you never know, when you will be thrown out
Lead Service Specialist (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: the branch is relocating farther
Liberty Mutual is a great place to work. I've learned about culture and continuous improvement. I think my peers are wonderful, everyone seems willing to assist when you need help. Management is great, they are informative. The hardest part of the job is we are currently short two people who are currently on disability, therefore, work-life balance – more... is difficult at this time. The most enjoyable part is working with the public and analyzing each customer's needs. – less
Auto damage appraiser
Auto Damage Appraiser (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2014
Traveling to where the vehicles are located to complete a damage estimate. Explaining in detail repair process and parts usage. Working with repair shops to achieve a fair final repair and out come on owners vehicles in a timely manor.
Liberty Mutual
Underwriting Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte NCApril 10, 2014
Great place to work you have to be able to think outside the box. You have to use anylitical and critical thinking
Productivity
Workers Compensation Claims Assistant/Support (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: working daily
Cons: not enough recognition for support staff
For 25 years it was a great working environment. You make it your own. I always had a pleasant disposition and was willing to help and do whatever it took to get the job time. Hard work and determination was my motto.

Attitudes were always a part of the job work place but i tried daily to leave what ever isseus i had at the door and did my job
Managing property and casualty claims
Claims adjuster- Auto and legal liability (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Inside and out side daily claims work. Managing property and casualty claims
A great place to start a career
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Dover, NHApril 9, 2014
Pros: your career is what you make of it, great opportunities for advancement, collegial and open environment
Good place to work, provides excellent job in a area that needs more jobs. Heavily invested in improving the skills of employees, and encourage self improvement and development

There aren't many "perks" and the compensation and benefits, while good, are not overly generous. In annual employee surveys, Comp and Benefits is usually the lowest scoring – more... area, and they continue to give the "our package is competitive to the industry" line each year. Its also a very competitive environment. – less
Hard work required
Technical Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Orange, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: some management is difficult & promote young inexperienced too soon.
Great depending upon your professional objective.
Company will train with a college degree.
Promotes within.
Pay scale can be low depending on position and experience.
N/A
Manager, Field Management Development Program (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 8, 2014
- Managed a team of five Salvage employees responsible for the ongoing disposal of totaled vehicles
- Managed a two person support staff responsible for printing and mailing total loss paperwork
- Improved vehicle pick up to receipt of transferrable title cycle time to historical lows in four months
- Reduced pending inventory greater than 60 days aged – more... from 31.0% to 22.0% (25% target) in four months
- Organized and led a 50+ person overtime effort to assist the Salvage team with capacity issues
- Tasked with attracting, screening, interviewing, and selecting qualified Salvage Assistants for vacant positions
- Created and implemented a new process for reconciling physical inventory at salvage yards with internal systems
- Developed a nationwide standardized procedure for placing vehicles on and removing vehicles from SIU Hold
- Piloted a new process for electronically communicating UPS label instructions to a third party vendor
- Owned the roll out of an initiative that rerouted the total loss paperwork from the insured to the salvage yard
- Created standardized criteria for selecting and an onboarding process for training PDL new hires – less
Ok to start off at
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAApril 7, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management, rates, buddy system
This is an ok job to transition yourself into a sales career, personally learned a lot in sales not from management mainly from the trainers. Some of the people that work there are great and some should not be allowed near a corporate setting. Managers are all puppets there to a manager who is a tool, Enough said there.

If your seriously considering – more... a sales job that will help you open doors to a career, this is the place. If your looking to make it a career here, good luck! Hope you have a lot of money in your savings, when interviewing be sure to ask about TURN OVER. – less
Excellent place to be employed.
Underwriting Assistanct (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAApril 6, 2014
Learned a lot about the insurance industry from working there. Enabled me to find employment in FL. We had a flexible working schedule which allowed time to schedule appointments.
They were real big on inside promotion.
Sr. W/C Technician/SDU (Former Employee), Metairie, LAApril 3, 2014
Pros: fellowship with other employees.
Cons: had to use their ncm and pi's all the time.
We were able to joke around with friends at work and had fellowship and fun atmosphere. But we got our job done.
Overall a great person to work
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Liberty and enjoyed all my co-workers. I learned several different computer programs that was used by Liberty and also how to do WC rating quotes. The hardest part of the job was when submissions came in that were not completely or accurately filled out.
very friendly
Office Assisant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: bonus, flex time, fto, person time, health, dental, eye care, ect.
Cons: very stressful, heavy workload.
High level stress related workload. Very quite work areas. Management very helpful and friendly. Co-workers..very quite. Dont really get to know anyone.
Temporary Paradise
Call Center Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: friendly, collaborative atmosphere; very fulfilling work
Cons: inflexible and hamfisted punctuality policy with threshold less than 30sec
As a temporary worker, there was no question that we would eventually no longer be needed. The time that my team (we were all temps) spent there was fantastic, however.

Liberty Mutual Insurance treated all of us exceptionally well, and graciously extended our contracts several times, ever seeking a means to keep us useful; in the end, however, they – more... chose to liquidate their temporary staff.

There was little chance for job security or advancement from the get-go. Only 5-10% of anyone brought in as a temp was expected to be promoted to a permanent position, as we had been told at the very beginning. This was an understood and accepted pretense of employment as a temp for them, and I don't fault them for it (hence the five star overall rating).

I only removed one star from management in that the cancellation of their temp contracts were rather sudden. We did not have a date specified. We went home for the weekend, and then received calls from our temp agencies telling us we were not expected to clock in again. – less
A very micromanaged environment
Claims Specialist I-Bodily Injury (Former Employee), Warrenville, ILMarch 26, 2014
Unless pursuing a career in insurance and do well under micromanagement, than it is not the company for you. Your calls are continuously screened, goals are unrealistic and customer service suffers due to such consequences. The company goal is closing as many claims, sometimes at the expense of quality.
Looking for continued employment within a company .
Financial Rep II (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 25, 2014
I am a hard working employee. I am fast and accurate.
I have been in the accounting department for 19 years and
our department is being shut down and moved to San Diego.
I really enjoy office work and accounting.
Friendly Culture
Access, SharePoint, VBA, .NET developer (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2014
A very friendly culture, however, not very open to new ideas.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
Personal Markets Senior Branch Manager (Current Employee), Berwyn PAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits and training.
Cons: poor work life balance
Liberty mutual is a fantastic Company with a fantastic benefits package and solid compensation plan. I am very proud of the fact that I won runner up and manager of the year.

They have a solid training program and promote from within.

1 2 3 4 5

About Liberty Mutual

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a – Read more