Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Sr. Field Investigator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: I was laid off
I enjoyed my time at Liberty Mutual. Unfortunatly, I took a Field Investigator position and was laid off five years later. It was a nationwide lay off affecting over 100 employees.
Liberty Mutual really helped futher developed my skills
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 30, 2015
Liberty Mutual was a great company that really challenge individuals. They definitely give you enough work to keep you busy and challenged you to push yourself to the next level.
Insurance Sales
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJune 30, 2015
Very professional working environment. Participated in several sale workshops and conference. Auto, life and home owners insurance.
Gained valuable experience in customer service,
Corporate and Retail experience
Senior Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2015
Company experience definately depends on employee role. Work culture and management also depend on the location. However, overall the company does a good job at developing talent and employees are able to move up the ranks. The hardest part is just the retail hours. The most enjoyable part is the amount of people you work with and employees can take opportunities in any area.
Good Company to work for.
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee), Centennial, COJune 25, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Hard to get internal interviews for advancement
Enjoyed working for Liberty Mutual Insurance. Co-workers gathered to create good team work for projects and accomplished what needed to be done for the company.
Understanding and approachable supervisor's
Customer Information Representative (Current Employee), mishawakaJune 24, 2015
Pros: Different food venders come in for lunch everyday!
When working in a call center you are challenged to new things everyday. I also have learned that when dealing with back to back phone calls and some not so happy callers you learn how to manage those phone calls and not take things personally. The most enjoyable thing at my job is my friendly co-workers, although you don't have to much time to interact with one another while you are taking phone calls the time you do get to talk with them are the best!
great place to work
CALL ROUTING COORDINATOR (Current Employee), INDIANAPOLISJune 24, 2015
I love working for Liberty Mutual Insurance. They have a great pay rate with great supervisors that will help you grow and exceed in the company.
Nice place to work but no consideration of job work/life balance
Senior Customer Claims Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Monetary Compensation, Benefits
There is such high call volume unable to keep up with your own work which does not allow for job work/life balance. The management team does not keep you informed of changes consistently
Overall great compoany that covered all aspects of insurance
Sr. Inside Property Rep (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2015
I was a commercial property claims adjuster and over the years the department started getting smaller and finally down to 1 supervisor. Over the years all the supervisors tried to teach us new aspects of handling claims and helped us read different policies and come to an understanding of the policy language.
Liberty is a good place to work
Product Analyst, CI Product Management (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 22, 2015
It is a good company overall - if you are seeking work-life balance, this is the right place to go. Liberty is a good place to work.
great company
Senior Customer Claims Representative (Current Employee), Warrenville, ILJune 20, 2015
Great company to work for.....great benefits. Working in claims is a call center environment, which can often be stressful, but enjoyable because you are helping people.
Great Company to work for.
Personal Lines Sales (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 19, 2015
Pros: freedom to get out into the community.
Cons: constantly changing rates.
My time at Liberty Mutual has been fulfilling and I have learned a lot. My training has been progressive and the company seems to care about the employee. I personally had a fantastic manager in my office who not only cared about each person in the office but wanted to help them succeed in their career. The other sales professionals in my office were eager to help and worked as a team.

The hardest part of the job is the changing rates in insurance. This led to constant rate changes and cancellations if often felt like an up hill battle to make your quota.

The rewarding part of the job is the feeling of being an adviser and helping people with what can be confusing process.
Excellent Company Culture
Recruiter (Former Employee), MAJune 18, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Great Company. Excellent management. They promote within. Teams meet often. They have an office in every state. Must take an assessment if applying for sales role. This assessment is very accurate and helpful when selecting candidates.
Very productive and supporting workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJune 17, 2015
My team is very knowledgeable in our field and we work together to make a comfortable, easy, and consultative experience for our clients.
Terrible Work Life Balance
Lead Sales Representative (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAJune 17, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Several
Work life balance is constantly told to us in order to make the job successful and that is not what is practiced. Management is less than desirable
Productive and fun workplace.
Senior Customer Information Representative (Former Employee), Weston, MAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Frequently appreciation lunch.
Cons: Excellant medical benefit.
It is nice place to work. Everybody cooperative to each other.Management respect employe's suggestions.Bright future to work in this company.
Great company; big or small office, everyone treats each other like family. Great incentives.
Claims Team Manager (Former Employee), USAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Lunches, meetings, opportunities for advancement, pay for production, prize incentives, travel, flexibility with schedule and good time off.
Cons: micro-management, unrealistic production metrics, mandatory overtime
A typical day at work is arriving 30 minutes earlier than you expected time to set up for the day, visit with coworkers and get some breakfast your teammate brought in. Management usually takes the time to get to know everyone, though it is hard with many employees and a tight work schedule with a TON of meetings. Coworkers were generally nice and treated you like family. The hardest part was meeting metrics as they were demanding and rather unrealistic (even from management perspective). A lot of management has not done the "grunt work" of being in the entry-level positions so expectations are not mutually understood. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my direct reports grow right in front of me. A good morale and listening to your employees goes a long way!
Fun place and rewarding
Marketing and Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJune 16, 2015
Great company to grow with. Everyday is a grind but the rewards are bountiful from the relationships you'll make. If you desire to succeed you must work hard everyday to reach your daily goals. The management truly cares about the direction of the company and also support each employee.
Productive and knowledgeable place to work
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible Work Schedule
Cons: No Commision for writing new policies
Servicing existing Automobile and Homeowner Insurance Policyholders
Write new Automobile and Homeowners Insurance Policies (as well as other lines of business such as motorcycle and umbrella)
Cozy company, very group dependant
Associate Data Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WaJune 15, 2015
The group I am in is not the best which is why I am looking to get out. The work I am doing is very slow to get started (we have been going through the estimating process for one project for about 1 months, not that small project).

There is a lack of consistency in the documentation and very little accountability.

The company overall treats it's employees very well, 37.5 hour work weeks, decent time off and 401k.

Your happiness at the company is very dependent on the group you end up with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual Insurance helps people preserve and protect what they earn, build, own and cherish. Keeping this promise means – Read more

Liberty Mutual Salaries