Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual Employer Reviews

Excellent company
Case Manager III (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYOctober 25, 2014
Excellent company. Good working conditions and fair management.
Professional atmosphere but overly focused on quantifiable results that don't target the important aspects of the job.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAOctober 23, 2014
The claims adjuster position is a good way to get your foot in the door. It pays well but you really have to dive in with both feet and be prepared to be completely buried in claims. There are too many claims and not enough adjusters so you never, ever feel caught up. The turnover is very high as adjusters get burned out.

They are very strict about – more... not wanting you to work past your assigned hours. That is good if you can leave the job and not worry about the mountain of claims you didn't get to and your "numbers" will be affected. Everything is measured. Even the calls that go to voice mail at night when you are not there are counted against you. – less
salesjob work all the time and dedicated to serving the public
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Teays Valley, WVOctober 21, 2014
Work all the time. No good on the pay. Not a typical work day. Learned a great deal and property and casualty and life insurance.
Professional Environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), OhioOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: ever changing environment
Professional office with many opportunities. Management always encourages continuing education. Hardest part is that there is a never ending change. Even though it may be hard, it keeps things interesting and creates advancement opportunities.
Excellent support in all levels of the company.
Retired (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: compensation plan, benefits, and support of management
Cons: lot's of hours in the early years but will pay off in later years in one can stick with it.
Daily acquisition of new clients and continual servicing to book of business. Constant marketing thru lead generation, networking, and referrals.
Alot of attention to detail necessary throughout the career and if one is a self starter, the dividends of compensation pay off greatly.
Workers Comp Staff Counsel in Chicago is a death trap
Staff Counsel (Former Employee), Chicago,ILOctober 20, 2014
High stress/low rewards/ terrible management/ constant turnover/

Avoid
Productive and Fun Workplace with down to earth management
HR Generalist/Recruiter (Contractor) (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is working in recruitment with the Directors and Line Managers who I directly service for new hires. They are all very easy going, hardworking and a pleasure to work with.
okay place to work
Underwriting Assistant II (Current Employee), Liberty Lake, WAOctober 20, 2014
Willing to work with schedule to accommodate other employment
Technical Claims Specialist I (Former Employee), Irving TexasOctober 20, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: advancement opportunities
Provide excellent training to prepare new employees. By far some of the best training I have had. Loved my coworkers at Liberty. We truly were a team and definetly collaborated well to achieve our team goals.
Liberty Mutual
Casualty Claims Team Manager (Current Employee), St Louis MissouriOctober 17, 2014
Pros: s
Cons: s
It is okay. Very little appreciation from manager. I enjoy helping my team learn and grow in their insurance experience
great place to work
Insurance assistant (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: none that come to mind
was a great place to work and would have loved to have stayed. However, my position, claims support, was consolidated into two support hubs. As a result my team and others across the country were laid off
a typical day at work
Senior Commercial Lines Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: providing fast, quality service to the agents
Cons: when i don't meet the daily goals i set for myself, which depends on how many questions i get throughout the day.
process new business, renewals, endorsements within the company's service level agreement (SLA). Determine if endorsement and renewals are within underwriting assistant authority. If outside authority these are referred onto Underwriter to sign off on. New business is processed based on underwriters instructions.

Due to my years of service in Commercial – more... Lines there are times when I may question some of the underwriters decisions, so I understand what their thought process is. I've had good response from the underwriters when I've asked questions.

Receive calls and emails from agents in regards to change requests, optional quotes, billing inquiries, renewal changes, etc. Some of these calls or emails get sent onto the Underwriter to handle, after I've advised the agencies that this needs to be handled by their underwriter.

Problem solving on system issues, mentoring co-workers with any questions they my have on forms, processes, system changes, or if they need help meeting their service level agreements for the day. – less
Wonderful learning experience with great people
HR Training & Development (Former Employee), Dover, NHOctober 10, 2014
Liberty Mutual allowed me with the opportunity to explore my interest in a Human Resources career. As a Training & Development intern I was able to apply my communication skills and develop analytical skills well suited for a career in HR.
Always busy with a lot of multi tasking.
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Carmel, INOctober 10, 2014
Pros: work hours
Cons: at times overwhelming
Great company. Worked from 7:15am TO 3:30pm.
I learned how to work with computers, Microsoft Word, and some Excel. Learned many operations and skills with regards to administrative and office services.
Management was fair and gave me the autonomy to complete my responsibilities.
Worked well with co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was when we had network – more... malfunctions and helping IT troubleshoot the problem.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working independently. – less
Excellent Benefits
Insurance Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYOctober 9, 2014
A great place to work. Top 5 in the insurance industry. Work with great people in a diverse atmosphere.
No comment
Claims Examiner I (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 8, 2014
Difficulty moving up in the company. The managers higher there friends and show favortism to there friends. Over worked, under-paid and un-appreciated.
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phillipsburg, NJOctober 7, 2014
Great place to cut your teeth in insurance sales. Benefits are outstanding!
Excellent Company with great work to personal life balance
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Orange, CAOctober 7, 2014
Liberty Mutual treats its employees well and the culture is fun. I am proud and honored to have been a part of that.
Great Company to work for
Senior Client/Server Ops Analyst, Desktop Support (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: some time long hours
During my time with Liberty my management was great to work for. Able to expand and grow my work knowledge of my field.

My most enjoyable experience is working with the end user and my co-workers. Making the end user feel that there issue was important, and provide an experience that corrected and satisfied their needs.
Dynamic work environment
Property Loss Specialist II (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2014
Contacting customers regarding new claims. Answering initial questions. Setting claim expectations. Resolving supplement requests that arise by adjusting the claim promptly.

1 2 3 4 5

About Liberty Mutual

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a – Read more