Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Found 1,188 reviews matching the search
Fun atmosphere. Was like working with family.
Customer Service Specialist - Personal Sales (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNSeptember 16, 2016
I was a service rep. Typical day was answering calls from customers all day. You never knew what type of call you would get. There were some very easy calls, i.e. processing EOI's. Then there were the more difficult ones where a customer may have a complaint about the coverage or pricing.

My co-workers were great. They were like family. My manager was the best.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints. I learned to let the customer vent their frustrations before getting into ways that I could help them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was potlucks. We had a group that could definitely cook!!
Company continues to grow to be the number one P&C company
COMMERCIAL LINES UNDERWRITER (Current Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 15, 2016
Liberty Mutual is a good company to work for. They are currently updating their systems to be more streamlined and user friendly for the agency plant. I received training to transfer from a Personal to Commercial Lines Underwriter and earned my AU designation in Commercial Underwriting. My co-workers and manager are great to work with. The most challenging part of the job was learning the complexity of Commercial Underwriting.
Pros
The people and learning other lines of insurance
Cons
The high stress level of the job
very family oriented
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2016
when I was a lead rater it was like working with my family. it was a very fun place to work. when I moved to customer service in the call center that all changed. everyone was out for themselves there were more secrets than I could count. and the metrics that we had to keep up with were ridiculous when you have a family. also the time off process was also ridiculous.
Pros
pays well and great benefits
Cons
hard to move up or stay competitive in the call center
Good
property loss specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 15, 2016
Investigates, determines coverage of loss and adjusts all elements of routine Property Loss claims.
•Writes appraisals for dwelling repairs of routine claims based on information collected from customers and contractors and issues payment to policyholders where possible. May work with a Liberty network contractor in the appraisal process.
•Explains coverage of loss, assists policyholders with itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living arrangements.
Extremely Talented Workforce surrounded by a Challenging yet positive Culture
Manager - Special Projects (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 5, 2016
Liberty Mutual (Fortune 100 Company) provides ample opportunity for advancement based on employees career aspirations. They have created a leadership structure that empowers their teams and values individual opinions, which results in a culture built on trust, expertise, care, and compassion.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Competitive Salary/Benefits, Opportunity
A Good Company, but Tough Claims Environment
Claims Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 14, 2016
A challenging claims environment. Senior management seems to place a strong emphasis on scholastic business theories and practices that are inconsistent with the realities of life on the front line. A recent focus on expense management has led to increased strain for claims handlers via increased productivity demands. Workloads are inconsistent across operations.
Pros
Good Benefits
Management is sometimes woefully out of touch. However, training is excellent!
Lead Service Specialist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 25, 2016
Worked here for roughly 10 years in multiple positions and two offices. In the last 4 odd years, management has been moving in a direction that feels purely results driven and have lost sight of the people that get them said results. The family-like feeling has been lost or at least been pushed to the back burner. So, thw atmosphere had changed, but I can't say we weren't well compensated and the career opportunities are everywhere.
Pros
Many advancement opportunities, great training
Cons
Out of touch management
Worked for LibertyMutual Insurance for over 4 years
Rewrite Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 7, 2016
Great Company to work for. They gave me a solid education in insurance when I started working here in 2012 prior to the current system of segmentation. Plenty of opportunity of advancement and career building. Learn your position, do it well to advance, always keep and eye on the next opportunity.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, referral bonuses
A great company with a well defined corporate culture
Manager, Product Automation Rating (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 4, 2016
Great company with many opportunities. Application of the corporate vision is not always visible in field operations and long-term plan seems unclear. Corporate reorganization regularly every 3 years. A great number of talented and dedicated individuals within the company.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
job security, personal development
Good employee management interaction and activities
Financial Operations 2 (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 28, 2016
Overall it was a good place to work with the basic challenges. It allowed personal expression of job improvements. The relationship between employees, managers, supervisors and owners was always open to discuss situations as they arose making it a positive work environment.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
Pay was low and benefits were not very attractive
claims resolution speciaist
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2016
Recently, the company changed how it manages their claims. They forcasted incorrectly and tons of hardworking claims specialists were overwhelmed with claims. when I say overwhelmed, I mean 15 to 20 new claims PER DAY. As you can imagine, customers became more and more upset and overtime has increased exponentially. The promises to the representatives that were made related to assistance with workload and expectations for all employees were all lies and subsequently all tenured employees have been making a beeline our of the company. The great news is that the department manager just quit, so hopefully the poor guys left behind can get a fresh new start with some new management.
Pros
The hourly pay
Cons
Everything else
Liberty Mutual
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 6, 2016
Will working at Liberty Mutual there was always a variety of work to keep me busy and to use my office skills. Doing the Data Entry a.d being a part of the verification process with each Workman's Compensation claim was my job duties. When.ever unable to solve a problem on my own my supervisor or co-workers were always willing to help. Doing the job I was assigned, I did not find any difficulties. I enjoyed being a part of a team solving and determining claims requirements
Pros
Data Entry
Cons
wasn't long term, no insurances or benits offered
Overall
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJ 07068August 23, 2016
Liberty Mutual gave me a very strong training in the over all Property & Casualty and Life Insurance business. They train you well on their products and offers a flexible schedule. The hardest part of the job is the amount of pressure and quotas they put on their producers. Only the strong survive.
Pros
Flexible Time
Cons
Limited to Auto, Home and Life, management culture changes per office.
Friendly, work/life balanced place to work
Inside Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2016
I worked here for three years, and that was over 15 years ago, but a typical day would be 8 am to 5 pm, with an hour for lunch. The office was small, maybe 4 -10 adjusters working inside a climate controlled office, which was nice when the temperatures were over 100 degrees outside.

The people I worked with were friendly and dedicated to doing a job well.

Management would provide metrics, which were a goal to be attained, however, the mood in the office was not oppressive or negative. It was always a positive place to be.
Worst work experience
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2016
This place is brutally terrible for attorneys. The management is virtually non-existent and two-faced. Compensation is terrible in comparison. There are a few good attorneys that are good colleagues but are dying a slow death in this trap. All of the employees are jaded, distrustful and extremely unhappy. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Some fellow colleagues
Cons
Nearly everything else
Fun and interesting work place
Insurance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 29, 2016
It was a great experience to learn about insurance agencies. It gives you the opportunity to help others and try to establish a good quote for home or vehicle. Getting as much as information from them as well as how much are their desired payment is a plus for the agent. A fun work place with a lot of hard working people. Learning to be patient and discuss problems with the costumers was the hardest part of this job. As all jobs some days are good and some are bad but all you got to do is to stay positive and help others.
Great company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 1, 2016
Great benefits, work environment changed in the last 5 years. Company became more number focus than customer . High turnover sales jobs felt like the company invested a lot of time and money, but not enough time for the agent to understand the job and reach there potential.
Pros
Benefits and company bonus
Cons
numbers driven lost the personal side
great day to day interactions and very positive with peers
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 26, 2016
Great place to work for a call center environment. A great learning experience about the world of insurance and why the right coverage is so important. Excellent coworkers and friends. Hardest part of the job is being mentally strong
Pros
great benefits and great upper management
Cons
luck of the draw on calls no a lot of selling
It was a fun atmosphere and the training was excellent
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJune 14, 2016
I enjoyed selling Liberty Mutual home and auto insurance. I became a client because I believe Liberty provides the best coverages along with EXCELLENT customer service.
A typical day consisted of DEC sheet reviews and subsequent free quotes to my existing Life Insurance clients and the many references I received from them.
The management and co-workers that I was associated with were second to none. We all had mutual goals and respect.
At first I found the application software difficult but with time it became second nature.
I enjoyed the feeling of revealing the savings while increasing the benefits to my clients.
Pros
Great Company
Csw
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2016
As a customer service specialist for this growing insurance company, I respond to customer inquiries, document customer history, take payments, processes various requests including coverage verification, changing and updates of lien-holder and mortgagee information. Personal Lines Property and Casualty Licensed
Pros
decent pay
Cons
policies

Liberty Mutual Reviews by Location