Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual Employer Reviews

Liberty Mutual
Casualty Claims Team Manager (Current Employee), St Louis MissouriOctober 17, 2014
Pros: s
Cons: s
It is okay. Very little appreciation from manager. I enjoy helping my team learn and grow in their insurance experience
great place to work
Insurance assistant (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: none that come to mind
was a great place to work and would have loved to have stayed. However, my position, claims support, was consolidated into two support hubs. As a result my team and others across the country were laid off
a typical day at work
Senior Commercial Lines Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: providing fast, quality service to the agents
Cons: when i don't meet the daily goals i set for myself, which depends on how many questions i get throughout the day.
process new business, renewals, endorsements within the company's service level agreement (SLA). Determine if endorsement and renewals are within underwriting assistant authority. If outside authority these are referred onto Underwriter to sign off on. New business is processed based on underwriters instructions.

Due to my years of service in Commercial – more... Lines there are times when I may question some of the underwriters decisions, so I understand what their thought process is. I've had good response from the underwriters when I've asked questions.

Receive calls and emails from agents in regards to change requests, optional quotes, billing inquiries, renewal changes, etc. Some of these calls or emails get sent onto the Underwriter to handle, after I've advised the agencies that this needs to be handled by their underwriter.

Problem solving on system issues, mentoring co-workers with any questions they my have on forms, processes, system changes, or if they need help meeting their service level agreements for the day. – less
Wonderful learning experience with great people
HR Training & Development (Former Employee), Dover, NHOctober 10, 2014
Liberty Mutual allowed me with the opportunity to explore my interest in a Human Resources career. As a Training & Development intern I was able to apply my communication skills and develop analytical skills well suited for a career in HR.
Always busy with a lot of multi tasking.
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Carmel, INOctober 10, 2014
Pros: work hours
Cons: at times overwhelming
Great company. Worked from 7:15am TO 3:30pm.
I learned how to work with computers, Microsoft Word, and some Excel. Learned many operations and skills with regards to administrative and office services.
Management was fair and gave me the autonomy to complete my responsibilities.
Worked well with co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was when we had network – more... malfunctions and helping IT troubleshoot the problem.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working independently. – less
Excellent Benefits
Insurance Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYOctober 9, 2014
A great place to work. Top 5 in the insurance industry. Work with great people in a diverse atmosphere.
No comment
Claims Examiner I (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 8, 2014
Difficulty moving up in the company. The managers higher there friends and show favortism to there friends. Over worked, under-paid and un-appreciated.
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phillipsburg, NJOctober 7, 2014
Great place to cut your teeth in insurance sales. Benefits are outstanding!
Excellent Company with great work to personal life balance
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Orange, CAOctober 7, 2014
Liberty Mutual treats its employees well and the culture is fun. I am proud and honored to have been a part of that.
Great Company to work for
Senior Client/Server Ops Analyst, Desktop Support (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: some time long hours
During my time with Liberty my management was great to work for. Able to expand and grow my work knowledge of my field.

My most enjoyable experience is working with the end user and my co-workers. Making the end user feel that there issue was important, and provide an experience that corrected and satisfied their needs.
Dynamic work environment
Property Loss Specialist II (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2014
Contacting customers regarding new claims. Answering initial questions. Setting claim expectations. Resolving supplement requests that arise by adjusting the claim promptly.
Workers' Compensation Claims
Claims Case Manager (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 1, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedules, benefits
Cons: job work/life balance
While it is nice to work for a well known company such as this, the lack of work/life balance is a huge deal breaker. You're expected to work OT consistently and given a work load that is unmanageable. Sometime all you can do is cross your fingers and hope for the best because of the high turnover.
not the best place as an outsider
Sr. Director Quality Assurance IT (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHOctober 1, 2014
not the best place to work with technology that doesn't want to get to the 21st Century with technology
Good Company. Good Benefits. Centrally located. Flexible Schedules. Good Pay.
Company is becoming far too centralized in IT
Sr. Client/Server Ops Analyst (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Laying off people left and right only to change the job title and pay grade and move it to a city more "central to the IT depts."
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2014
Liberty is an excellent company with a strong focus on promotion, work life balance and team work.
good place to work
Sr, Customer Service Representative (Licensed) (Current Employee), Tampa, flSeptember 28, 2014
Typical customer service filled day at work. lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Excellent company dedicated to their members welfare
Disability Guideline Policy Writer (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: delightful to deal with staff
Cons: as a virtual consultant, feel somewhat removed from the rmds
From my point of view in writing disability guidelines for them, Liberty Mutual wants to use the latest evidence-based information to set coverage policy, which over the years I have admired - my guidelines are based on scientific evidence found in the medical literature and, upon review by their Regional Medical Directors (RMDs), they have never questioned – more... any statement of policy that was evidenced-based. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Liberty Mutual

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a – Read more