Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Great culture; exciting company
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2017
Spent a summer internship there, really enjoyed my time. Exciting, dynamic company. The people were great, the work was interesting, and there were exciting programs going on.
Liberty Mutual
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Liberty Mutual has their picks and chooses. They do not go by the book if a Supervisor likes then you advance quickly. They were not honest. We did not receive quick coaching from out manager.
I enjoy my job
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2017
I truly enjoy working for Liberty but the last 9-12 months have been a challenge. As with any state of transition there are bumps in the road but Liberty is a strong company with nice benefits.
Pros
Health, vision, 401K
Cons
Communication on the vision and impact to the individual
Fairly laid back
contracted by PS Partner Solutions (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 25, 2017
Very fast pace work. Quick turn around dates. Works is repetitive but easy to do and ste4p by step instructions for each part of the job. Good to use as refer3ence until you feel confident that you don't need them,
Pros
Casual dress
Cons
n/a
Great Place to work
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 25, 2017
It's been a while since I worked for them but it was a very enjoyable job. I love helping people so this was like a dream job for me. Helping the clients and my coworkers. We were a small little family within a large corporation. We did things together for the company and for the neighborhoods which we were lucky to be in and assist. My boss literally hired me with me knowing nothing about insurance except for that the fact that we all need it in some form or another. I needed to get licensed in property and causality insurance for me job as a customer service specialist. She actually would study with me. Even take time out of her weekend to meet a Starbucks, Barns and Noble or t a park close by. Well that all worked out. Got licensed and started assisting clients and coworkers. we all celebrated the highs and lows of life together.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Great Management
Good Paying company
Claim resolution specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Compared to many insurance company's their pay was relatively competitive. The flaw is that a portion of your overall annual increase depended upon opinions/bias of others, rather than solely on performance. This left too much room for subjectivity and favoritism.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Once you get under a managers thumb, hard to work your way out; GLASS cieling is real
Great job
Personal Market Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2017
I loved my job. My manager micro-managed constantly. I had great co-workers. Decent pay. The recession in 2008 hit, and I was laid off. I would still be there today if i could.
Great Company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHSeptember 21, 2017
The day goes fast with the amount of work that you have. Balancing you general ledgers, daily bank balancing, meetings and trying to find best practices
benefits
Cons
Favortism an to many meetings
It is a job
Customer Response Representative (licensed agent) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Pay is great but it is definitely earned! The position is mentally draining and you are manipulated into sales and working most weekends. Good position for strong minded person who does not have children or can find childcare on weekends.
Decent Place to Work
Gold Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 21, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a decent place to work as long as you are self sufficient. Managers are not really able to assist you in the way they should so it makes getting the help you need difficult. Overall my experience has been ok. The office atmosphere is pretty good.
Pros
salary and office environment
Cons
hours, lack of help from managers and training needs to be better.
Inside Sales
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Generate sales from inbound leads, work days are 7.5 hours which comes out to 37.5 hours per week. The compensation is good but the work can be stressful. There are plenty of opportunities to find a good fit within the company.
Competitive and challenging place to work
Catastrophe Field Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  NationwideSeptember 20, 2017
Enjoyed my time at Liberty Mutual. Valuable experience in all different types of insurance claims. Management encouraged us to succeed. A great place to work.
Pros
401k, paid continued education
Cons
traveling over 75% of time
A well respected company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a stable and respectable company. They value their employees and foster an atmosphere of growth and career development. Liberty Mutual is a fast-paced workplace, the ability to adapt to change and to think quickly on your feet is a must.

The culture is slowly shifting from a traditional, conservative company to one that values the employee experience, work/life balance and transparency.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Good company
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 19, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for, I am just not cut out for sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day. Great benefits and good pay in the paralegal department.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Sitting all day
No work life balance at all
Sr. Commercial Lines Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 19, 2017
To fill job requirements it was expected that you work in the evenings and weekends. Not paid for any of that since salaried position. Demands were incredible.
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Great co-workers. Community involvement with "Serve with Liberty" program.
Fast paced job , claim volume was high.
Because of a system change from Safeco to Liberty's systems, I was laid off.

I am planning to go back to work for Liberty as soon as possible.
Pros
Pay
Cons
A lot of deparment changes
good place to work
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 19, 2017
Good place to work but very stressful and fast-paced. Questions were not discouraged but not encouraged either for my position. This required lots of communication between teammates and other teams.
Productive extreme competition
Licensed Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  HeathrowSeptember 18, 2017
Wish I could have stayed....and learned from better training system. The positive and negative of the sales workplace. Better coaching to strive for greatness.
Pros
Leadership opportunities
Cons
Strict guideline for some not all
Advanced College hires
Claims Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MASeptember 18, 2017
Liberty hires kids right out of college and then puts them in a job rotation for 6 months each. Most of the managers know that the employee will not be there long and will eventually be their superior, so they in turn provide extremely soft reviews for them. Things considered big mistakes for others are minimal issues for these kids. Eventually they will be placed into management positions with minimal real world experience ahead of people who have been doing the job for a long time and well I might add.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management is ill trained- often have no idea how to lead or get results.
Resources
Claims Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 18, 2017
Liberty provides a slough of resources to help facilitate the needs/demands of the claims process. Telephonic nurses sure do come in handy because they're right there with you and can consult with them any time of the day, when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.