Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Awesome company to work for and be involved with
Auto Total Loss Claim Rep (Former Employee), Warrenville, ILMarch 3, 2015
Awesome people, awesome company, always doing the right thing for their customers. Wonderful body shops to evaluate damages, always showing care and compassion.
Burnt out!
Bodily Injury Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Heavy claims volumes, they always tell us help is coming, but it never does. I work with smart people but management is always putting something else on us.
Multi-tasking on Steroids
Sr. Customer Claims Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good pay. not micro-managed.
Cons: way too much work. lack of culture. training is horrible.
You have anywhere from 50-100+ claims assigned to you at all times. Every days you emails, voice mails, faxes and a you have a queue of pages of activities that you need to complete like getting vehicles inspection set up, getting recorded interviews, reviewing estimates, paying claims and so many other types of activities and there are timelines in which you need to get these things done...but in addition to all this you are also in an inbound queue where you take new claims, status calls and other miscellaneous call and you are supposed to remain available at all times and you need to make your outbound calls from available. There are literally not enough hours in the day to accomplish all these things. I work anywhere from an hour to 3 hours of overtime every day and I still can not get anywhere even close to all my work done...and I promise it is not just me...everyone struggles to get the work done. I can not even describe the culture there...but it is not for me. I can say I do not feel micro-managed. Training was horrible.
Be afraid - be very afraid!
Direct repair shop (GRN / TLC) Administrator (Former Employee), Somerset, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: they have no idea how to treat employees, especially long term ones.
The longer you're there the less you are rewarded. Job constantly gets more and more "requirements" to meet, what begins ad challenging but achievable becomes impossible. Management does not care about you at all, only the numbers. This company was good when I started, has steadily gone down hill to become the slave driving pit of despair it is now. They will build you up at first only to break you until eventually they either kick you to the curb or you just die.
Pay is very low considering all that is expected, if you only want to live for the company this is the place for you. if you want to actually have a life outside of work look elsewhere. They want your all but do not give you their all in return.
They will tell you that you cannot get a raise this year (again) because you did not meet this (impossible) number as part of your required objectives but then you'll read in the Boston Globe that the CEO just spent $1.6 million to "renovate" his office, give me a break already. Not even a cost of living increase.
No appreciation for the people on the front lines.
Do yourself a favor, look elsewhere!
Very fast paced, constant learning
Medical Service Representative (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAFebruary 22, 2015
processed workers compensation bills, completed audits and refunds with case workers. Production based position, requiring lots of multi tasking, within the managers time limit
Lots of changes
In-house Auto Damage Appraiser (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: competitive pay, growing company
Cons: continuous demand
While Liberty Mutual strives to expand their footprint in the southwest, there has been a continuous demand to require more and more from their employees.
Quality, Productivity, and Customer Service Focus
Field Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and educational opportunities
Cons: unrealistic productivity expectations
A typical day for the field nurse involves attending 1-2 onsite visits daily which takes up the bulk of the work day. There is extensive travel. Following appointments, minimally, an additional 2 hours are required in written documentation pertaining to those visits. Another 1-2 hours are required to accomplish the upfront work of accepting new files, reaching out to employers and providers, as well as meeting team and educational requirements. It is expected that the field nurse will participate in special projects and assist team members. A typical work day is 10 or more hours.

The work is very demanding with frequent problems with equipment and technological tools. There are minimal organizational aides for doing the job and it is up to each individual to develop their own tools for effective file management. Networking opportunities within Liberty are very limited in this role. Nursing management is out of touch with the problems experienced in the field, and they are not motivated to make system improvements towards improved efficiencies.

There has been very high turnover in this position over the past 18 months and management understands there is a problem, but have made no changes to address the problems. The hardest part of the job is the demanding schedule offering little time for a personal life. Co-workers seem equally frazzled. There are very good educational opportunities, but very limited time to take advantage of them.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the interactions with the treating doctors, rehab providers and claimants. It is gratifying to assist – more... with return to work goals and learn more about the medical treatment directly from the treating providers. Every day is different, stimulating and challenging.

The onboarding and New Hire Training process is very stressful with very high expectations, relying on individuals to solve there own problems and direct their own learning. If you are new to medical disability case management or Workers Compensation, you will likely struggle in this role. – less
Great Company and Great People
Claim Leadership Development Program -Specialist I (Former Employee), Westborough, MAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: people, compensation, willingness to adapt
Cons: hard to move cross lines (horizontally) until you are very tenured in your current field
Great Company and Great People

Management is demanding as to be expected and expects that changes including feed back be implemented immediately, but welcomes questions, but can be resistant to clarification.
Call Center work
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee), Golden, COFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: management
great training prepares you to take the calls. Most situations covered. wish there was more advancements. no clear career paths
Very fast past enviroment. Career Job.
Workers Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: company perks and bonus.
Cons: company reward with food all the time.
My job consist as a medical only claim adjuster (Technical Asst). It required excellent problem solving skills,must pay attention to details,must have organizational,prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
Love the culture and care for the employees
Partner Solutions (Former Employee), Dover, NHFebruary 18, 2015
I've never worked with a group of more enjoyable people. Positions are very team focused and you get a real sense of belonging. There's nothing better than when you feel like you're part of a winning team.
Liberty Mutual is a growing privately held organization
CMO Organizational Change Management Architect (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 18, 2015
Liberty Mutual is becoming a leader in the industry. I am always glad to see the new advertising campaign, Change Management in action.
Work Overload
Medical Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flex work schedule, low physical demands
Cons: high stress due to unrealistic case loads for both nurses and claims adjusters
While my understanding is that it is a little less than the caseload of some other worker's comp medical review nurses it is still impossible to complete the daily tasks required here without staying for more than the alotted 8 hours a day. Realistic expectations in work load, for a company that boasts record profits should be a no brainer.
Solid, growing company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Warrenville, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: well-known, advancing company
Cons: poor communication skills with management, salary caps, very stiff competition for advancement
This company has really flourished over the last 5 years. As an insurance company, it is a solid place to work. It has really grown and expanded and cemented its place as an industry leader.
Challenging place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Riverton, UTFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible work environment, adequate training, competitive compensation
Cons: competing goals within departments, lack of communication, disorganization
As a sales representative, I kept my own schedule and was left to complete tasks on my own. However, there was constant restructuring of the company, which made working with other departments difficult, as the goals were shifting frequently.

The compensation was cut in some manner every year and the company does not hire within. There was little room for advancement unless you fit a very specific criteria and was willing to relocate.

Management seemed out of touch with what was going on in the field.
Excellent Benenfits
Commercial Business Lines Customer Service (Current Employee), Fairfield, OHFebruary 16, 2015
Your Medical dental vision benefits start first day of employment
Great in depth training program
On site gym with ping pong table
CSR
Claims Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New Castle, PAFebruary 16, 2015
It is a good job. It is stressful job you must have thick skin to work this job. It is very rewarding however. The best part of the job is speaking to the different types of people everyday.
Very good place to work
Java Developer (Former Employee), indianapolisFebruary 15, 2015
Good.Learn a lot while working. Nice place to work. Very friendly environment with more new and challenging work. Got opportunity to explore new things.
A quality company
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good work life balance and benefits. company cared about employees
A typical day I would commit a lot of documents to claims file electronically and help people in the office with any computer, printer or copier problems. Some days I would move people's desks and computers to different location and set everything back up and get them situated again. I learned how to be more flexible and adapt to change. Management was concerned about you and your well being as much if not more than the job. My co-workers worked well as a team to make sure everything got accomplished. The hardest part of the job was sometimes I was asked to do more work than I thought one person could handle alone. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Challenging Work Environment
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHFebruary 14, 2015
Counsel and advise prospects and policyholders on matters of protection and coverage’s, develop and maintain business relationships with policyholders and Affinity Organizations.
Build client relationships within local communities to promote Liberty Mutual products. Recipient of 3 Pace Setter Awards for exceeding Sales quota.

About Liberty Mutual

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a – Read more

Liberty Mutual Salaries