Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual United States Employee Reviews

Central IT - Hosting - Sr Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHFebruary 11, 2015
Liberty pays very competitively, provides great work flexibility, and is a challenging environment where talented individuals are given the chance to succeed.
Well organized company
Insurance Assistant (Current Employee), Keene, NHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
At the desk most of the time.
Computer programs and working together as a problem solving unit.
Management is very accessable and will do their best to help finding solutions to questions.
My coworkers are great , very bright , always willing to help.
MicroStrategy Consultant
MicroStrategy Consultant (Current Employee), Dover, NHFebruary 9, 2015
• Gathered the requirements from End Users and prepared LLD’s and HLD’s for designing the reports.
• Extensively worked on MicroStrategy Desktop to create the necessary MicroStrategy Applications (Filters, Metrics, Prompts, Grid Reports, Documents, Dashboards) and Schema Objects (Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies)
Didn't be old
o Pennsylvania Workmen's Compensation Clerk (Former Employee), Bala Cynwyd PaFebruary 9, 2015
Didn't work for Liberty Mutual worked for a temp agency
nothing
ok
management doesn't help you especially if you are an old person
calling employers
sitting and doing work
A very full day. Busy all the time . The work flow was fast and easy to handle.
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: parties and volunteer work
Cons: overtime
Very busy work day, busy phones feeling good when I helped a customer solve there problem. I learned to deal with a heavy phone volume. My co-workers were the best. If we all work together the work will get done and the flow will be easy. The hard part w as handling the phone and trying to comrplete a task on your desk .The past part is helping people solve there and the working being completed on a 24 hour turn around.
Good place to learn not the most fun environment though
Commercial Property and Casualty Underwriter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Good training program and a good place to work. Good company overall. Sometimes management doesn't seem very approachable, and a serious not very social corporate culture.
Good company to work for
Senior Commercial Auto Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: prestigious company
Cons: none come to mind
Liberty Mutual was a fine company to work for. Management was very supportive to employees in giving them the tools they need to do their job. Compensation package was very generous.
Company that showed it didn't care about it's employees.
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 2, 2015
After being a loyal employee the company downsized and let all the older workers in my department go. I liked my job and was very disappointed that the company would do this.
Challenging and Stimulating Environment
Business Analyst II (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2015
It is a great environment to work in - I have had the opportunity to work closely with many smart and talented people. The work is challenging but the goals of the organization fit the workload.
Promises for better work environment never fulfilled
Claims (Current Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free coffee, benefits are good
Cons: work life balance is poor, management is out of touch
I have worked for the company in many departments.
The management has consistently promised company work environment goals that were never met. The company management consistently overworked and under-appreciated the employees.
good place to work
PREMIUM AUDITOR (Current Employee), ArkansasJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: lots of policies to learn
good place to work. Great people. High energy. Lots of travel and great training tools. Excellent pay and benefits and great work life to work from home. I love my job!
Safeco Insurance was good until Liberty Mutual culture implemented
Claims Manager (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: pay, bonus, co-workers
Cons: stress, do more with less attitude, job security due to frequent restructures, old school mentality
Safeco was a good organization with a great focus and talented people. Several years after purchased by Liberty Mutual things changed when they wanted to streamline PL business. This led to multiple LOB restructurings that impacted both Liberty and Safeco legacy employees. At that point location was a bigger factor and not talent/performance in determining if you had a job. In my opinion if seemed that more Safeco workers were negatively impacted. When work is moved to a location that requires hiring a substantial amount of untrained people, while you let trained talent walk, salary is most likely a big reason. Though, not sure if they considered all the money and resources used to develop the talent they had. Liberty has an old school mentality and dislikes virtual workers. Safeco made virtual worker program work very well and morale was stronger than Liberty.
Barn style cubicals
Personal Lines Agent (Current Employee), Hurricane WVJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: opportunity
Cons: no local offices
I feel like the office is a barn full of stalls with all the animals grazing and making noises all the time! It's obnoxiously noisy, people blowing thier noses, eating, talking on the phone. I love the product and the compassion Liberty Mutual shows customers. But thier oversized delivery method is sad. They need to get with the program and get local.
Impossible work environment
Senior Claims Specialist I, Commercial Property (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: the compensation is good.
Cons: there is no work life balance. upper management does not value their employees.
The new Liberty Mutual does not value their employees. There is a high turn over in Commercial Property Claims. Agents and Brokers are moving their business away as the claims dept can not handle the volume of claims and they do not have many experienced adjusters left. The message is "If you can't meet the job expectations, we will find someone who can". The job expectations are unrealistic. It does not appear that anything will change in the Northwest region. Be prepared to put in at least 10 to 12 hours a day and weekends.
Constantly changing structure of compensation plan
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), knoxville, TNJanuary 20, 2015
good place to start in insurance. they will give you tools required to excel within industry. however, my advice is take paid training, learn to sell for 3-5 years and then open independent agency. Renewal comissions mine as well be nothing.
Great place to start a career.
Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 18, 2015
Liberty is a great place to start a career. They offer training opportunities and great benefits. They are located around the US and other countries so there is opportunity to move around.
Outstanding company
Customer Information Representative (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: pay and opportunity
Cons: no cons
Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for. Great deal of opportunities. Liberty Mutual supports educational efforts. I have learned a tremendous amount in the 8 years I have worked for them. Great co-workers, great managers. Highly recommend.
Can be stressful
AUTO CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee), VoorheesJanuary 16, 2015
depends what part of the company you are in. Can be stressful.
It was a nice place to work with nice people.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: company provided free lunches on wednesdays
I enjoyed working in the Mailroom as a Mailroom Assistant because I was doing different things like putting postage on mail, opening the mail and date stamping the mail and scanning documents and entering some data entry for the lady in the mailroom that I was helping. It was interesting doing a lot of things.
Productive fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new clients and generate lists of prospective clients.
Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.

How to be a solid consultant to my clients.

Management is super supportive.

Co-Works were great team mates, supportive professionally.

Overcoming increases upon policy renewals.

Helping people, ensuring that they were properly covered.

About Liberty Mutual

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a – Read more

Liberty Mutual Salaries