Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Found 1,674 reviews matching the search
Loved working here and hope to return!
IT Help Desk Agent, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 14, 2017
I held a total of 2 positions as a contractor for Liberty Mutual over the course of 2 years. I absolutely loved working for Liberty Mutual and hope to return some day soon!
Great
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 13, 2017
Good place to work not a place for those not willing to be out the office. I would better explain the run your own business and what that means to an employee.
Senior Commercial Insurance Adjuster
Sr. Commercial Insurance Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJuly 12, 2017
Investigate claims, secured documentation necessary to review a claim, filed arbitration, reviewed estimates, paid or denied claims based on coverage.
Pros
Control of claim, Paying claims, helping people
Cons
Denying claims, discovering fraud
Good work environment.
Sr. Network Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 12, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a great place to work. Employees are treated with respect and management gives good support. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say is the teamwork between the employees and management
I worked remotle
Digital Developer Contractor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2017
Very Good working experience. I worked about 7 hours/ day. I learned the Inkling SAAS product.

After setting up the initial intallation I set up templates and workflow documents for employees to use.
Pros
Worked Remotely
call center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Florida State Fairgrounds, FLJuly 11, 2017
as its not a bad place to work there are times when you get stuck and its hard to grow with the company unless you are in with the right people. nothing really bad about it
Great place to work if you have time
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a great place to work in terms of belefits, salary, employee programs, etc. The sales department is similar to any other sales job, meaning that you'll put in far more than 50 hours a week to make decent money. Top sales reps are treated like royalty, so the incentive to do well is amazing. Sales reps are employees, NOT 1099s.
Pros
Great culture, benefits, rewards
Cons
Analog business in a digital world
Great company to work for.
Comm'l Lines Underwriting Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 11, 2017
Liberty is a great company to work for. I really like the support of continue education in insurance industry. They have great benefit and flexible work from home schedule.
Pros
great benefit with flexible work schedule
Great Company
Worker's Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 10, 2017
I loved it but it was a temporary position. I obtained the position a few months before I graduated. It was a 3 month job assignment but at the end of the 3 months they offered my an additional 3 months. The company was in transition of being sold. I enjoyed the job and staff very much.
Pros
enjoyable traiing and atmosphere
Cons
temporary
Collaborative teams
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJuly 10, 2017
Everyone was willing to help out when needed. There was no Me/I, it was team effort. Co workers are fantastic to work with, I have no issues with management in my career with LM.
Pros
Fto, Benefits, working remotely
Cons
Training
Long time ago
Senior Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 10, 2017
I worked here right after college. Sales job. Do not remember much about the company or position. People that stayed have done well and make great money.
Have not worked for this company for years
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2017
I have no idea what the work culture of Liberty Mutual is now but I did enjoy my job while I was working there. I have not heard of any overly negative comments about this company
National claims rep
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 7, 2017
Long hours with low pay in claims department, unfair distribution of claims funds, left me with a bad overall opinion of the insurance business. Employees who denied the most claims, got better advancements.
Pros
Claims did not require a Degree
Cons
poor pay
Liberty Mutual
Rewrite Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
In over 5 years at this company I have grown to love it. The company truly treats employees very well. Very focused on employee happiness and customer experience.
Pros
benefits, pay, culture, friendly staff, fun activities
Cons
the pressure and stress of meeting "numbers" and metrics
Great company support to achieve the goals put in front of you
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 7, 2017
Receive multiple inbound calls daily, counsel and quote potential policy holders. The software does the work for your risk assessment and the cost for each policy to simplify the quoting process.
sales office environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2017
Company provides really great work/life balance and benefits. The deductibles and what we pay for health insurance has gone up (as most have) pretty significantly in the last year.
fantastic first job out of college
Business Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 5, 2017
Loved having this job for my first few years out of college. This role provided fantastic, experienced management as well as a 1 year training program in order to achieve the depth of knowledge necessary for the day to day role. Culture was lacking at this company as any insurance company is particularly conservative.
Pros
great management, ideal work/ life balance
Cons
not a very "fun" workplace
Excellent place to work. Great culture and support for employees
Director-Territory Management, Distribution (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2017
Liberty Mutual is a great place to work. The employees are treated with respect and management provides good communications regarding strategies and policies.
Pros
Compensation and opportunity
Cons
Still has systems issues associated with legacy applications
non stop grind with little support
Insurance Agent/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Northern VAJuly 5, 2017
Agent for many years and have not been happy at Liberty Mutual the past few years. Micro managed, commissions keep going down, they expect more and pay less. They are constantly shutting down offices.
Pros
commission based
Cons
management/micro managed
Productive place with room for growth
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2017
Good company to work for. Day to day can become monotonous. Salary starts off high but progressively drops every 3-6 months to a very low base. You are expected to make up for this by selling more insurance.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Top agents have thoroughly combed through Austin territory for pipeline. Few untapped sources left

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.