Liberty Mutual Employee Reviews

Found 1,320 reviews matching the search
Mu opinion
Manager - Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2016
There is a clear divide between people in Boston and the local offices. Work is good and very flexible. The pay is not bad. However given that it is a mutual they tend to e slow.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GANovember 16, 2016
The next logical step for a sales associate is to become a sales rep. This is an excellent position for someone who wants to learn the business and best practices from a senior agent while earning a set salary before transitioning into a commission based sales rep role.
Wonderful place to work, great group of folks
AV Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 15, 2016
Really enjoyed working in the department I was assigned to . People re very friendly and we all work together for the common good of all.
Learned new skills to do with Project Management
Pros
Free Coffee, flex schedulue.
Cons
Can't think of any
Large Corporate Company
Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 14, 2016
Competitive pay but stressful working enviroment. Company has stats for everything. Training is very good but almost to the point of micromanagement. Good structured stable company.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
micromanagement
Good Place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2016
Good place to work, lots of money to be made, but schedule is horrible. The training environment is great and gets you ready to take the state test for licensing.
Underwriting Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 14, 2016
Great educational resources. Nice comfortable environment to work in. I learned many underwriting skills in property, liability auto and workers compensation.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 14, 2016
My day to day consisted of answering phone helping policy holders suit their needs. Reading company policy's faxing and emailing papers. Also taking third party and billing calls.
Good Company to Work For
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 11, 2016
The company has grown and remains profitable through many challenges. Technology is not always cutting edge. Workstations are modern but extremely small even for managers. Business units operate independently, but strong corporate culture for doing the right thing. For years there was a promote from within philosophy but now many more hired from the outside. Diversity initiatives are a little too strong.
Pros
Business Casual dress, Work From Home, Flex-time
Hard Work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2016
Make sure that you're ready to work hard and you can take advantage of many opportunities that await you.

There are opportunities all over the country as well.
Great Job Experience
Sr. IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed every role and project at this company. I learned a lot and felt I added value. I worked for Liberty a total of 4 years on multiple assignments. I handled the PCI initiatives and Implemented many new programs and products to maintain compliance. I implemented Vormetric and Akamai successfully.
Most friendly, helpful and highly talented team.
Quality Assurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 9, 2016
Pleasure to work at Liberty Mutual. I had apportunity to grow and learn new technologies. Extensively worked on writing test plans and test automation. Reporting bugs following up through the life cycle, worked closely with development and other teams.
PERSONAL MARKETS SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 7, 2016
Good work life balance. Management great, coworkers outstanding a lot of support. The hardest part of my job being a new agent was the sales goals. The most enjoyable was the ability to help customers understand how important specific coverage effect their life and the life of others.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Sales goals
Disconnect between Corporate and Local Branches
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 7, 2016
Bullied within in offices. Manager would perform sketchy practices to meet sales goals. Would use sales reps. Discrimination and verbal and physical abuse within offices. I do not recommend this place. If I had means I would sue.
Temp
Insurance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 7, 2016
I came on as a temp when the restructuring began, hopeful of going permanent. Unfortunately for me that is not going to happen. I was lucky enough to be placed in a sales office rather than a call center. Management here is amazing, I don't think I have ever worked for such a great manager. The office, while not large has such a great energy with most employees very upbeat and happy which makes work life wonderful as I believe attitudes are contagious. I put job security low as it seems there is a lot of restructuring going on but that would be my only negative about Liberty Mutual.
Pros
Management, coworkers
Cons
restructuring.
Productive yet a fun place to work
Customer Service/Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 7, 2016
Liberty Mutual was a great place to work especially to begin ones career with insurance. Their training is unsurpassed and the quality of people is outstanding. We as a group work able to work in a pleasant environment and get the work done. Management respected all employees and everyone was treated with dignity and respect. It was a pleasure going to work at Liberty, everyone was pleasant and happy to be there. We were able to get the work done while enjoying our work environment. All or most employees knew when it was time to be serious to get the job done
Pros
Working Envronment, Free food parties
Cons
The Commute
A good place to start a career.
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 6, 2016
Liberty gives great training. They also paid for most of my college. I appreciated the time I worked there, but I did have 3 poor managers ina row who were later let go. However, they tarnish my record, which caused me difficulty advancing.
Pros
Great opportunity and training, time off
Cons
Big company, and sometimes get lost
Great company
Senior Auto/Property Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MANovember 4, 2016
Ok place to work. Great company to work for. Excellent benefits. In office environment is ok. The management style is different than what I am accustomed to. Holding employees accountable for their work or lack there of could use improvement in my opinion.
very open and friendly atmosphere to work in.
claims adjuster/Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 4, 2016
The hardest part of my day was getting to work on time.Everyday something new was learned.. co-workers were usually very nice. The volume was very high and authority was hard to get.
Pros
only getting a few new losses a day
Cons
having a co-worker leave and then you realize your getting half the pending.
Weak SR Leadership
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  USNovember 3, 2016
Always changing and can not set on a strategic direction, re-ORGS constant. Would be a great place if the politics were under control and teams could work together to achieve goals.
Not a family friendly company
Structured Settlement Case Manager/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 2, 2016
Often felt like just a number working there. Training was poor. Excellent customer service for their customers. Excellent product and services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.