Liberty National Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great work culture and management, earn your paycheck in dedicated work
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2016
Liberty National has a great culture and work environment at the main office, they focus on agent success with a passion for helping people with the financial services. You earn your worth through your work and do have to hit it hard every day, it is long in the beginning building up your business but once you make it through it does get easier and can make a substantial income with quick advancements in management.

The management at the OKC office is great and they really do try to help everyone who is dedicated to success in any way they can. Co-workers are awesome as well and everyone is there to help each other out.

The hardest part is building your business and client base from nothing, grinding everyday to succeed and if you are not mentally prepared and strong to go a little while with out a possible paycheck to build up pipeline it is difficult. The most enjoyable part is working with such great people and having a great time interacting with people.
Pros
Work Culture, Management, Co-Workers and Lucrative Opportunity
Cons
Long building hours w/o promise of pay for a while and not very good work life balance somedays
Fun yet challenging
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2016
This job takes a special type of person. It is a very self- motivated, self sufficient type of job. The pay is good if you can do the job. The people who work here are very nice. It is a good opportunity for anyone who wants to work in management.

However you might not always get paid. You also have to invest your own money into your personal items with no compensation. This job is a pretty big time commitment as well. It is a 9-5 but you have to put in hours outside of that as well.

This job is worth it if you work hard and put in the hours.
Pros
Great Work environment, Advancement
Cons
No Benefits, time consuming, not secure pay
Worst Job Ever
Agent, Unit Manager, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 6, 2016
Management condoned unethical behavior. Coworkers were competitive required to work long hours for very little pay. The thing I learned is working for strictly commission is the worst pay structure ever.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Commission Based Job
Productive, could be more fun. Could be better and easier to do.
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAOctober 19, 2016
The days at work can be good but its according to how productive you are at making sales. I learned that it wasn't as easy as they make it sound. I also learned that you will most definitely not make a sale every time. The management was good I believed things was definitely handled really well. My co-workers were the ones who somewhat helped to keep me going. I loved them and loved working with them. I do like meeting new people so it made it easy. The hardest part of the job is booking an appointment and making a sale; because there are a lot of people who can not meet with you. Also they may not have money to begin their coverage at the time. Lastly the customers can cancel the second you knock or ring the door bell. So no guarantees. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make a sale, but also see my fellow co-workers succeeding as well. It's a true heart warmer. Also the free lunches until it's your turn to pitch in.
Pros
Free lunches at times, train on the job.
Cons
Makes you stay late if you have not booked enough appointments.
Great
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GASeptember 8, 2016
Management is great mentoring and supporting, enjoyed working with people. I learned to communicate and sell. My typical day was meeting new people and providing benefits for employees
If you don't believe in "convincing" people of a need, then do NOT entertain a sales position
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2016
The company itself was awesome. Management was encouraging and provided pretty good training. However, I discovered I'm not keen on trying to convince people of a need, such as the need for life insurance. Even though it is a valid need and I depended on that need to eat, I just could not do it. It felt too much like "pressuring" people into making a decision, even if the decision was in their best interest.
Pros
Great training and management.
Cons
Commission only.
I did not accept the position.
Management Leadership (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 21, 2016
The posting for the position not one time was "Sales" ever mentioned, NEVER. And it did not say that there was a 3 month delay for the position of management/ leadership either. The posting for this position was misleading. The employees mentioned the company had "Integrity." I guess we have completely opposite definition of Integrity.
Poor
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 22, 2016
Overall pay was good/exceptional but the management and ownership was terrible and very poor as far as the job culture and most of the staff goes the results were okay.
You spend alot of time alone
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 2, 2016
At first the hours were great, 9am - 5pm. However within 5 weeks I was cut to hours a week with no warning. The branch that I was working at just wasn't getting enough business. It was an hour drive for me one way. There was no point in me driving hours round trip, to only work for hours a day.
Pros
I was alone all the time
Cons
Not enough hours for management
Great
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GAAugust 24, 2016
The typical work day includes going to scheduled appointments at peoples home. I have learned excellent communication skills along with marketing skills. Management is very helpful with everything. The hardest part of my job is selling someone a object that is not physically in their hand. The most enjoyable part is helping someone be covered in the event they loose a close family member.
Learn how to assist older people
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAJune 4, 2016
Was one of my first Sales job I really enjoyed it. Learn how to sell and become a people person. The company gave me the op-purity to raises mu children and help worthy family finical
Fun place to work with quick management opportunities.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2016
A typical work day consists of going into businesses trying to establish a partnership with the business owner, which leads in to offering their employees supplemental benefits,
The hardest part of the job is getting out their everyday even when you're having a bad week.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
some times business is slow
Good place to work for
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2016
Good communication between employees and supervisors. good moral between coworkers. Good feeling helping customers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No raises
A really good company with lots of potential for certain ones
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 24, 2016
Lots of driving with lots of rejection.
For me, compensation didn't match work effort. It was very good for me as a person, it helped me develop areas in my life that before were limited or repressed. So it made me stronger and better. This local office is run by top notch people of high character and values. It has been a pleasure to work with them.
Challenging; spend more money on gas than you make unless you are wiling to work 24/7
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2016
Liberty National Life has great policies. They treat the businesses and individuals who purchase like gold! There is money to be made except you need to dedicate yourself 24/7 in order to make up for what they take. I saw many people come and go from this position in the few months I have worked for them. In fact their top producing agent from 2015 had to have a second job in order to make ends meet. It has not met my personal needs regardless of the amount of time and effort I have put in.

Having been in sales since 1987 with two fortune 500 an one fortune 50 companies I found it hard to sell this type of insurance. Also, in the area I was located the market was already saturated with Colonial and AFLAC and many of the Management I encountered did not want to make the effort to add an additional Insurance program to their benefits, despite the quality of the policies.
Pros
Nice people to work with! Freedom of hours.
Cons
Payout for your work is less than desirable.
Productive and people friendly atmosphere.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 14, 2016
A Superlative place to work at, my co-workers were the best and very heipful.Truly enjoy heping families having their needs taking care of on the worst day of their lives.
Pros
Freedom and fexiability
Cons
Upper Management and Health care
no real training and no pay
Sales agent (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 18, 2016
typical work day was you drive around in different states trying to sell insurance that management and owner failed to train employees on proper procedure and other things.
Pros
non
Cons
owner is only looking to make money off people not help them better their lives.
Lib
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 4, 2016
Great company to work for with unlimited potential. I learned how to manage my time. No salary so be prepared to spend a lot of money before you start making money.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 25, 2016
Very enjoyable workplace to go in and meet new people. The most enjoyable part was the flexibility. The hardest part was it just being commission based only.
Pros
meeting new people, travel
benefits
Not a stable Income
Agent (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJune 22, 2016
When I went with the company I was led to believe one thing when I got there it was completely different, I left a full time job with benefits for a company that doesn't offer health insurance and steady income. I never would have left my job to go work with Liberty National. And not to mention the managers and trainers sucked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty National Life Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7