Liberty National Life Insurance Company

Liberty National Life Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Love the options this job gives you. Laid back atmosphere.
Agent (Current Employee), Corinth, MSSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: commission
I could see myself working here and retiring here. I like the environment and your earnings are all on you. I still have a lot to learn but I feel good about the future.
Great Advancement Opportunities
Unit Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, scSeptember 8, 2014
 Managed daily operations of Insurance Office
 Administrative duties to include: handling Branch Managers schedule, processing all insurance applications, maintaining privacy policies of customer and employee documentation and answering phone and fax correspondence
 Processed all new hire paperwork, background screening, orientation
 Provided new – more... and existing Agents training on product, policy and sales techniques
 Managed a team of twenties call clinic, lead generation and sales goals – less
Potential for good income if you move up.
Supervising Agent (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 29, 2014
No support during ramp up period. Promoted to leadership before personal sales goals were met. Paying for gas to train new agents and required to give premium to new agents to get them coded. Expected to walk in 100+ businesses per week with only 40 warm leads. No assist on leads from company. Expected to recruit and find recruiters. Churn and burn.
Professional representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: excellent health insurance package
Cons: compensation was mostly commission
I enjoyed selling insurance, getting dressed up and doing one on one sales presentations. I just never made the huge residual checks that I was hoping for after 4 years full time in the business.
Challenging job with unlimited potential
Employee Benefit Provider (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: potential, community, meet many people, set your own scedule
Cons: no hourly pay, use own vehicle for many sales calls
This job is a commission-only sales position. This scares a lot of people off, understandably. But, if you put in the work, complete training and follow the tested Liberty National process, there is unlimited income potential. And every year, residuals from previous sales add to your yearly income.

Good workplace culture and coworkers. Every day is – more... fun. – less
Agent (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNAugust 17, 2014
A typical day at work consist of setting appointments and selling insurance products to new and existing customers.
productive friendly company
Supervisor Agent (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 12, 2014
I enjoy my clients more than anything. its always great to meet new people. I've meet many new people with this job.
Tough Busiess
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Metairie, LA 70002July 31, 2014
Set a schedule to meet with the decision maker for businesses and attempt present to them our products and attempt to get them to sign off to allow us to sell our various insurance products to their employees;
Not a positive place for work
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Oneonta, ALJuly 30, 2014
I was more given than recieving, I was spending money instead of making money the supervisor was at any time polite
Very High turnover rate
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Oneonta, ALJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great managers treat you like family
Cons: high cancellation rate of policies
Job is 100% commission and is based on customer sales which is usually obtained from friends and family or referrals obtained from each.
it was ok
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), napervilleJuly 15, 2014
Pros: set my own schedule
Cons: poor management
i had a bad experience with this job and would not recommend this company to anyone
The Manager of my office was fired by Liberty
Independent Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2014
Cons: the manager was a dishonest man
For the time that I was there I made the biggest sale - $1,300 in the summer of 2010. Shortly after our office was shut down.
Great Insurance Company
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJune 6, 2014
Great management, great products, great training. The best insurance company I've found.
Team work was very important, respect for each other very important
Agent (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLMay 31, 2014
Pros: the people i got to meet in my experence there
Cons: it was hard work and long hours but it was fulfilling as well.
We started early in those's days and quit when the day was over meaning when the job for the day was done completely, I learned how to work and make it fun.
Management was a fun job it had it's moments but to me was enjoyable. I enjoyed seeing people grow into the the career.
As to coworker it was a time of sharing good sales ideas thinking out side – more... the box so to speak I never trained an agent I did not learn something from.
There really were not any hard parts of the job the attitude you have carries over the tough decisions you have to make.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that every person you contacted in that profession you left just a little better off then you found them. – less
Enjoyed meeting people.
Agent (Former Employee), Local officeMay 8, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: comission only sales
My typical day consisted of checking in with the office then making sales calls to businesses and individuals to sell insurance. I learned I love to meet people and interact with the public but that insurance sales is hard even with the encouraging management and co-workers.
Disappointing
Administrator (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 12, 2014
Pros: its a job and you make a paycheck.
Cons: however, you don't always get paid for the hours you worked or for the value of your work.
The philosophy and culture portrayed within this company is one that is professional, structured, and lucrative. However, it in fact lacks in all that it represents, including integrity.

Although, positivity, advancement, motivation, mentoring, and up-to-date, relevant training are ideal and essential to the growth and development of a company... so – more... are integrity, morale, structure, accountable leadership, consistency and the support of systems, standards and the individuals who make a difference and everyday usher your company into greatness. – less
Excellent company
Supervising Agent (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2014
Great products with excellent support staff and good co-workers
Don't do it.
Management Trainee, Supervisor (Former Employee), Macon, Warner Robins, ByronMarch 27, 2014
Pros: work on your own, travel.
Cons: bizarre, unprofessional management, poor office environment
Run. There may be some money in it, but it is too strange and unprofessional. Meetings are called spur of the moment and you may be notified at 10pm the night before by text message to be at the office at 9am even if you live 40 miles away. Your appointment can be during that same time in the opposite direction or you could have kids and still finishing – more... up with at school.

As supervising agent, I ended up driving other agents to appointments and was never reimbursed for anything. There are better companies out there if you are seeking commissioned work. High turnover, no professional management and they will even text you.

You must make all calls on your own cell phone, so have an unlimited plan and GPS like any other outside sales position. I did enjoy driving to different towns in Georgia.

This is a commissioned only position, no paid training, no reimbursements. It is not a position for a brand new agent or someone who needs security and steady, predictable income. You have to spend your own time and money if you want earn money, but it doesn't seem to break even due to gas and car maintenance nowadays, even making bonus doesn't help. Travel is really expensive if you do not close a sale, you could run out of money. The commission and pay structure changes and can be very confusing.

Every agents has to recruit new ones after making a few good sales in a downline type fashion. If you can keep your own sales production up and drive your new agents around for free at least you may break even. If your agent sales a policy that lapses, your account will be deducted from someone else's inability to sale. Use your better judgment and run. – less
A way to use innocent people
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: use own phone for call center, own car for appointments, you pay all expenses, short breaks, call center 4pm-9pm, but have to be at work at 1pm
This job was really dishonest. I was told there were office positions, but once the employers noticed I had a vehicle I was put to be trained in the field. Also the owner was very rude, during call center while others including myself were on the phone she would use profanity. Older clients could hear her and would ask what is going on is this how your – more... business works your background is unprofessional. You have to pay for everything to do the job and no reimbursement for anything, but they say you can use it o your taxes. You do not get paid a salary until 90 days of working there. Also if you do not sell, you do not get paid, you set appointments, but no guarantee client will buy. They tell you you get paid for activity, but you most definitely do not. Do not be fooled. – less
Liberty National
Life insurance sales consultant (Former Employee), Summit MississippiFebruary 24, 2014
I worked here under a temporary license and as soon as the temp license ran out I was dismissed, the training; I am still waiting on it to happen. This office was shut down a couple of weeks after leaving.

1 2 3 4

About Liberty National Life Insurance Company

Liberty National Life Insurance carries a torch for financial security. The company is the flagship subsidiary of Torchmark and – Read more

Liberty National Life Insurance Company Photos