Liberty National Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

no real training and no pay
Sales agent (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 18, 2016
typical work day was you drive around in different states trying to sell insurance that management and owner failed to train employees on proper procedure and other things.
Pros
non
Cons
owner is only looking to make money off people not help them better their lives.
Opportunity to do well, most don't
Licensed Agent, Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2016
Job is commission based and you have the opportunity to do well. With that being said, don't expect to make much at all in the first few months. Lots of travel time and you are expected to pay for all expenses out of your own pocket. Company is set up in a pyramid scheme whether that wants to be admitted or not. The people in supervising positions do well for themselves but it is from freeloading off of the regular agents doing all the leg work.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
less than 5% get that opportunity
If you don't believe in "convincing" people of a need, then do NOT entertain a sales position
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2016
The company itself was awesome. Management was encouraging and provided pretty good training. However, I discovered I'm not keen on trying to convince people of a need, such as the need for life insurance. Even though it is a valid need and I depended on that need to eat, I just could not do it. It felt too much like "pressuring" people into making a decision, even if the decision was in their best interest.
Pros
Great training and management.
Cons
Commission only.
Worst Job Ever
Agent, Unit Manager, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 6, 2016
Management condoned unethical behavior. Coworkers were competitive required to work long hours for very little pay. The thing I learned is working for strictly commission is the worst pay structure ever.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Commission Based Job
Fun and enjoyable workplace
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 25, 2016
Very enjoyable workplace to go in and meet new people. The most enjoyable part was the flexibility. The hardest part was it just being commission based only.
Pros
meeting new people, travel
benefits
Poor
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 22, 2016
Overall pay was good/exceptional but the management and ownership was terrible and very poor as far as the job culture and most of the staff goes the results were okay.
Relaxed and Professional
Front Desk Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJuly 16, 2016
A typical day at Liberty National, would just be greeting customers, making and receiving phone calls, filing paper work, emails. At the time I started Liberty National I was not familiar with computers and after awhile I received some knowledge, people skills. At the time the hardest part of my job was learning the computer because I was not familiar. Most enjoyable part of my job would be interacting with customers.
Pros
Great staff
Fun yet challenging
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2016
This job takes a special type of person. It is a very self- motivated, self sufficient type of job. The pay is good if you can do the job. The people who work here are very nice. It is a good opportunity for anyone who wants to work in management.

However you might not always get paid. You also have to invest your own money into your personal items with no compensation. This job is a pretty big time commitment as well. It is a 9-5 but you have to put in hours outside of that as well.

This job is worth it if you work hard and put in the hours.
Pros
Great Work environment, Advancement
Cons
No Benefits, time consuming, not secure pay
Excellent Culture
Writing Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 30, 2016
While I am still very new at Liberty National I have been given the best possible experience and preparation. From the start I was provided with all of the resources necessary to be well informed, knowledgeable of the product and services, as well as a plethora of additional resources to help assure my success. The constant flow of communication has allowed me to move seamlessly through my responsibilities and remain ahead of the game.
Liberty National
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALJune 29, 2016
Insurance Agent for the Pell City Office. Duties include calling potential clients on the phone to set appointments and generate leads, referrals and build relationships. Meet with the client; evaluate their needs and sale Life Insurance, Long Term Care, Home Health Care, Auto Club, and Annuities as needed. Torchmark, Liberty National's parent company moved out of Alabama and many of Liberty's offices in Alabama are closing.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Company closed Alabama offices
Great co-workers, irregular pay
Field Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 23, 2016
This is a great group of people to work with from the beginners all the way up to the owner. There is a lot of work and driving required trying to win clients. Pay checks are not on a regular basis because it's commission only. If you can make it through the first month or so without a check then things start picking up and can really start to roll in if you can stick it out.
Not a stable Income
Agent (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJune 22, 2016
When I went with the company I was led to believe one thing when I got there it was completely different, I left a full time job with benefits for a company that doesn't offer health insurance and steady income. I never would have left my job to go work with Liberty National. And not to mention the managers and trainers sucked.
Not the best work experience
Small Business Benefit Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 15, 2016
This company was my introduction to the field of insurance and it was not the best experience for me. I would not recommend this company.
Good place to work for
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2016
Good communication between employees and supervisors. good moral between coworkers. Good feeling helping customers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No raises
Meeting new and interesting people every day
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 10, 2016
I got the opportunity to speak with different persons and assist them with their needs. The management is caring and supportive.
commission based pay and 6/7 days a week 12-14 hours a day, no time for family
Personal Appointment Setter/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  home based and also travelingJune 8, 2016
lorieann sanchez is great but the job its self is way to much for way to little. no time for family or anything else, nd a lot of traveling and commission base pay was not worth the pay.
Pros
supervisor (lorieann sanchez)
Cons
everything else
Great for self starter.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 8, 2016
Liberty National is an amazing opportunity to a real go getter who enjoys making their own schedule and getting out to meet people all over rural Indiana. The earning potential is fantastic.
Pros
Complete support from managers and owner.
Cons
You need to want to manage your own time effectivly.
Great team, little income security
Agent (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 6, 2016
The job is good if you can get through the grind. It requires a large part of patience and an additional portion of luck, but in the end it is a numbers game and if you already have contacts in the business world it can be a fruitful endeavor.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Lots of upfront investment with no guarantee on return
Learn how to assist older people
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAJune 4, 2016
Was one of my first Sales job I really enjoyed it. Learn how to sell and become a people person. The company gave me the op-purity to raises mu children and help worthy family finical
nice if you like sales
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2016
If you like sales is the right job, but is comission only there is that, flexible hours and good work environment. visiting people on daily basis, calling people everyday

2.7