LIBERTY NATIONAL

LIBERTY NATIONAL Employer Reviews

Riding the Liberty Train
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, my own boss, great money, fantastic people both fellow team members and clients
Cons: poor management decisions
I held three different positions with Liberty National. I was hired in as a life agent. I was taught about all lines of product offered for individuals and was required to make 100 cold calls a day and also knock on doors in residential neighborhoods. I did all of those things successfully and within the 2nd week was writing over $1500.00 a week in – more... business. I continually trained myself on product knowledge the more I knew the better I became. I came across a section 125 workplace product line. Nobody in the Lakeland office knew anything about. I quickly aspired to stop knocking on residential doors and started knocking on office doors instead. I started developing business and accounts with all the local businesses in the area. I soon started writing over $15,000.00 a week in business. I had so much business I couldn't write it all my self. I was promoted to unit manager and recruited a team of agents taught them the business and sent them out to write the policies. I would go in the beginning and close the deal and set the appointment for my team to go in a see all the employees. I had the top 3 producing agents in the compnay. It was unheard of to have the top 3 come from the same office and be under the same unit manager. We were breaking records everywhere. The president of the company invited me to head off a seminar explaining how to sell the section 125. Before we knew it we were getting emails from other states sharing their success stories to promote the employment policies. I eventually contracted with a huge payroll company at that time I was then promoted to Branch Manager. I had an entire office of agents writing business from the payroll company. Once that office was running strong they offered me another office in Brandon/Tampa area. During my new employee contracting that's when I was told that the accounts I had established in Lakeland would stay in Lakeland. They had already hired my replacement in Lakeland and I had no choice but to continue with the transfer. At that time I decided it was time to hop off of the "Liberty" train ride. Although it ended with not such a good experience I still loved working for the company. I would say it was definitely a fun ride. And if I was asked if I would do it again..... the answer would with out a doubt be yes!! – less
Motivated People
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Waycross, GAJune 18, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: flexibility
I have enjoyed my job with Liberty National, I love all of the people here and will stay in touch with them as they all hold a special place in my heart.
Not a job I would recommend.
Supervising Agent (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 29, 2014
Not that I mind working. This job is practically around the clock work and definitely not idle for someone with a famil.
A Job.
Receptionist/ Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2014
Made calls to schedule interview appointments. I learned how to be an insurance agent. The management and co workers were enjoyable. the best part was meeting all the people
Door to Door sales
Agent (Former Employee), Demopolis, ALMay 2, 2014
Pros: i didn't have someone staying over my shoulder daily.
Cons: helping people in need of insurance.
Responsible for customer service and sales through direct door to door service.
Productive and Fun
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 17, 2014
My typical day started at 8am with my first appointment.
I love helping and reaching out to others so there are prepared for there future so they are relieved of all possible burdens. The hardest part was not the stability of funds.
Relaxed office envirment
Paid Caller (Former Employee), 4040 Fossil Creek BlvdApril 11, 2014
Pros: laid back environment, nice people
Cons: having to use my own cell phone to make calls
on the day to day basis i made numerous phone calls to set up interviews for potential life insurance agents.
National Sales Representative
National Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lake City, FLMarch 10, 2014
 Initiated new system of filing and organizing receipts and invoices.
 Data entry, ordered supplies and in charge of mailings.
 Familiar with conflict resolution methods, handled confidential personnel files.
 Proven ability to handle customer questions, complaints, and requests in an effective courteous manner in English, Spanish and French.
Just was not for me
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Meridian, MSMarch 10, 2014
Working for a life insurance company was definitely different for me. Once I got the hang of I actually enjoyed it , but it got a little too pricey always traveling and having to spend your own money for gas almost everyday. Didn't get paid enough to keep up with it .
Commission Job
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Demopolis, ALFebruary 19, 2014
Cons: bonuses
I was okay but I felt that the amount of people that worked didn't have a big enough area to cover for production
Did not like office atmosphere
Insurance Sales Agent and Assistant Unit Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 29, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: had to pay all expenses, which took a lot of my salary.
I had to travel a lot and was out of town 3-4 days and nights weekly. Did not like being away from home.
Must be driven to be successful

Clients not buying at the appointment

Potential income
DESCRIPTION
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 11, 2013
Customer Service, Sold Insurance, Set up appointments, office assistant, Train new agents, Supervise call clinics, Unit Manager in Training
Hard work, tough competition
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Irving, TXDecember 2, 2013
if you don't have at least six months worth of money saved up, don't bother: this is a commission only job, and that means you need to make sales. tough.
Insurance Sales
Agent (Former Employee), Crestview, FLNovember 24, 2013
Pros: new experience in direct contact sales
Cons: door to door sales everyday
Sold life and other ancillary insurance products door to door in the Panhandle of Florida. Customers included individuals, families, small businesses and organizations.
Production Based Pay
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Knoxville TennesseeNovember 6, 2013
You earn your paycheck. Great atmosphere. Always on the go. Meeting different people every day.
review
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Enterprise, ALSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: unlimited income potential
Cons: commission based
overall a positive experience, looking for something different though
Small office enviroment with goal oriented people
Recruiter (Former Employee), memphis,tnSeptember 3, 2013
Each day was a challenge. However, I loved the challenge. My duties were too try to recruit as many licensed insurance agents as possible and inform them about the company. The hardest part would be talking to the agents who were comfortable with their current position. I would have to explain the benefits of our company versus other companies to win – more... them over. – less
Working as an insurance agent
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Meridian, MSAugust 2, 2013
I enjoyed working as an insurance agent because I loved my clients and being able to help them with important decisions that needed to be made. However, I do not like the fact that there was no salary. Your pay was strictly commission based. Other than that, the co-workers were great! I learned a lot about the sales and insurance business.