LIBERTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

awesome
Long Term Sub Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOSeptember 12, 2017
good people
ethics and morals
quick paced multiple tasks ongoing
must be people oriented and positions involve dealing with people from all over the world.
lots of work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 9, 2017
always something new going on it has lone hours the school district does not cover tools expense or reimbursement they don't tool insurance and heath insurance is $1400 month for family
LPS is the lowest paid district in the KC Metro Area
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Custodial DepartmentFebruary 17, 2017
Top Heavy
Poor job protection
Reviews not reflective of pay
Support Staff is grossly undervalued and under paid compared to teaching staff.
Administrators are 90% former Educators
So fun working with children
Kid's Zone Counselor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 2, 2016
K-5th grade, before and after school care. Fun to work with the kids. Weekends off and you get paid for going to training. Most employees are studying education and are high school or college students.
LPS is a great school district for which anyone would be lucky to work.
Secondary/AP Java and English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOAugust 6, 2015
Being a teacher - especially an AP teacher of two incredibly different subjects - is very time-consuming and at times incredibly challenging. I shy away from no challenge. I work as hard as I can, I follow the goals set by leadership, and at times I run around like a chicken with its head cut off. Yes, I know that prior sentence was grammatically incorrect! I had six hours of full classes a day, four of them different preps (or classes), two of them being AP or college level. Most teachers have one to three preps a day. I ran from class to class with a five minute break to setup the next hour without wasting any time and being happy and welcoming to each new student walking in my classroom.

I have to be very efficient and use every second of the 45 minutes I have each day to make sure every student learns what they can. Each year I've learned a student will give you more than they think they can if they know you believe in them, but also if they know you like them as a person.

The topics I chose to teach are some of the most time consuming when it comes to creating lessons, creating assignments / tests / essays, and most especially grading those assignments in order to help students learn. But I would never trade my experiences teaching for the world. I've learned how much space there is in my heart for another person's child and their well-being. I've learned there are multiple ways to teach a topic so someone "gets it" based on the multiple ways one can explain a concept (something I learned in high school that helped me in the IT world).
Pros
Smiling faces leaving my class each hour; happy people running in to share big news (ACT Scores, College Acceptance, Going from an F to a D in a class, etc.)
Cons
Breaks are non-existent, healthcare and taxes incredibly costly, I like working extra & extra hard but does anyone know how many hours a teacher really works?
Very Productive working environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 11, 2015
Daily inter office meetings regarding activities being held for that day including concerns and questions from Teachers on cleaning schedules and possible assistance with setting up classrooms for PTA meetings. Teaching Staff always having positive feedback toward the Custodial Staff and holding luncheons ( Custodial Appreciation Day). Always a welcoming appreciation from the Teachers and office Staff. Close knit communication between all parties involved. Personally looked forward to going to work everyday and had great appreciation for the Teaching Staff, Office Staff , Students and Custodial Supervisor. The Hardest part of the job was Summer work ( stripping and waxing floors and moving furniture ). The most enjoyable part of the job was being with a strong professional Custodial crew and inter acting with the Teaching Staff on both a personal and professional level. Since the introduction of a new Custodial Director the culture has changed from a positive to a negative environment creating difficult communication between Teachers and office Staff and the Custodial Department.
Pros
Welcoming environment on all levels.
Cons
New Custodial Director did not appreciate speaking with Teachers.
Assistant Site Director (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 7, 2015
LPS Kid's Zone has been home to me for a collective year & a half. Since then, I've moved up from a program counselor to being second in charge as an Assistant Site Director for my site. Absolutely love the working environment, & the kid's & staff I interact with. Only down fall is, there are no benefits & hours are usually under 30 hours. A typical day at work includes getting there & clocking in, getting every station set up for having the kids there, getting the computer's up & running, & waiting for the kids to show up. I've learned how to be extremely patient with the kids I interact with, as some of them may not catch what I mean the first, second or third time I've explained something. Management is very easy to talk to, I can come to anyone with any problem or question & it gets answered without any question as to why I asked, or why I didn't know it before. The hardest part of the job is typically waking up at 5:30am Monday-Friday in order to get there at 6:30am. Not really that hard once I get up & moving, but actually getting myself out of bed seems to be a challenge! The best part of my job is working with the kids.
Pros
Easy going environment, advancement
Cons
no benefits, less than 30 hours
Parent Educator
Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MONovember 2, 2014
The best thing about this job was the largely flexible schedule. However, there were mandatory meetings that seemed unproductive and were hard to attend since the remaining job was done on your own schedule. Co-workers here were fabulous and the job atmosphere was great.
Great place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOOctober 13, 2014
I've enjoyed all the years I've been a Substitute Teacher for Liberty Public Schools, they are a great district to work for.
Fun day filled with Kiddos and board games.
Pre-School Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 20, 2014
A typical day at Kid's Zone, I would maintain the safety of 400+ kids each day, I would engage them in fun educational games to help them learn before sending them off to class. We would also go on field trips all over Kansas City.
Pros
Helping kid's grow and learn
Cons
Low hours
Personal office and ability to work independently
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 29, 2014
A typical day included processing endless student requests; both from current and past students, data entry, organization and filing, along with creating student transcripts. I learned crisis skills in dealings with the public and with students along with multi-tasking and ability to focus on detailed assignments.
Pros
healthcare, benefits such as paid vacation & personal days, personal office, ability to work independently
Cons
salary freeze, inability to obtain correct job title & step, constant change
Dream job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOSeptember 26, 2013
This job was an amazing experience! I loved the people I worked with and the children that I got to see everyday. We were more of a family. The only issue that I had was being part-time was not efficient enough for my necessities. I wish I could have the full time pay for this job. The only issue that I had with the management was those higher up in charge of the district did no seem to treat our level of employees of the district the same as the others. You get a raise every year and free insurance if you get a guaranteed 6 hour route.
Pros
Family dinners every holiday and random potlucks.
Cons
Part-time only available.
Outstanding district
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 25, 2013
Unmatched in school districts, values employees, amazing ethics, and always at the top of their game in keeping technology and advancement in learning a top priority.
Excellent Job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 23, 2013
I love this job, but it is time for me to take my career in a new direction.
Pros
making a difference in a childs life.
Having a productive day
Hall Monitor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MO.January 7, 2013
The day could be filled with different activities depending on the job you are covering for.
Good Job
Special Needs Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 9, 2012
The work day was a little long. Better for people who live close to the district.
Great school district to work for.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 16, 2012
A typical day included following the teacher's plans and schedule. That may involve transportation duty in the morning or afternoon and lunch duty. During "specials" time, I would collect the teacher's mail and prepare for the next lesson. It wasn't difficult really, but the hardest part was teaching Math. It's taught much different nowadays than when I was in elementary school. Having to adapt and learn the way they are now taught. What I liked most though, was working with the students.