Liberty Resources, Inc. Employee Reviews

Average
Respite care attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2017
Average work place with a OK pay rate constant scheduling available. Minimum clients so if something changes with your current client it would be difficult for the agency to find someone to replace the previous client . I haven't had any real issues with them paid big weekly.
Pros
Nice pay rate
Cons
Lack of replacement clients or work.
Lost on the Mission
Residential Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 6, 2017
There was definitely a sense that the agency was not mission oriented at the top. Staff were hard working and caring. Good team environment in most departments.
Happy with my experience
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 21, 2017
I worked for Liberty Resources for four years before transitioning to private practice and I am happy with my experience! The company as a whole took excellent care of me and I felt very valued as an employee. The bulk of my experience was with the Placement Diversion Program in Cortland, NY. This position provided me with excellent opportunities to coordinate treatment among various systems to provide the most opportunity of success for my clients. I absolutely felt I was doing important work that challenged me to grow as a clinician. The caseload requirements is very manageable and allows for therapists to truly direct the best course of treatment for the at-risk youth and their families they work with. Liberty was wonderful about allowing for flexibility when it comes to flex time. My supervisor and director were especially supportive when it came to ensuring I was satisfied with my work, as well as supporting work/life balance. If ever I look into working for an agency again, I will undoubtedly reapply to Liberty Resources due to the great work environment I experienced for four years.
Longevity is the key
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 14, 2017
Okay place not thee arc of onondaga but still awesome as well. No raises but incentives which are okay but liberty resources provides you with longevity.
Non supportive
Therapist (Former Employee) –  CortlandFebruary 3, 2017
The job is difficult but I still loved the work and I did not dislike liberty as an agency but the program I was in was horrible. It is contracted through dss and a few of the caseworkers are downright abusive and unethical and management does not support the employee. A lot of backstabbing when you complain. One caseworker did not like me telling a parent to take privileges from their child for bad behavior and bad mouthed me to parent, other service providers and management and little to nothing was done. This same caseworker then agreed with my boss that I was only to speak to her and not report the youths behavior to probation. When I went to upper management my boss denied it. Did not feel supported, bullying environment.
Pros
Benefits, rewarding work
Cons
Management is very political and does not back employees.
Staff anr higher ups are horrible
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Nelson, NY; ravine(canastota ny)January 16, 2017
I loved working with the clients but the staffing was horrible. On call never came in when she said. Working late was always happening due to people not showing up for their shifts. Other rude employees who didn't do the task list for the day left them for overnights. Stuff that was suppose to be kept between the supervisor and the employee got leaked to clients and other employees putting the employee at risk. When hr was contacted they did nothing about it.
Great place to work if you like to help others.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 17, 2016
I Love doing my part- by helping individuals help themselves.
Liberty Resources is a Great Company to work for.

Unfortunately there are some managers placed where they should not be. Sad when the company lose their best people, that are a great fit for the job. They could of made the company proud, except they were never given the chance.
Benefits
Cons
manager support
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 12, 2016
Good location
Free breakfast tacos on Monday
Challenging and fun
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 27, 2016
You are always on the go at this job. Everyone worked as a team and if you aren't working with the team the team ran into problems, lucky this was a rare occurence. I learned a lot from this company, one such things is effective conflict resolution.
I love this field
Employment Counselor & Mentor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 23, 2016
I assist individuals with disabilities in finding jobs which includes resume building, interview skills and basic job coaching on site and off site. I have experienced many jobs, and therefor have made myself to be successful in this business.
Pros
working with people
Cons
paper work
Cutting Edge Mental Health Provider
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 3, 2016
I've been employed at Liberty for just over a year now. It is a great place to work with engaged leadership and progressive management. The culture at Liberty is unlike any other agency I've worked with.
Pros
Excellent benefits and flexible work/life balance
If you Care you would love to work here!
(DSP)Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYJanuary 19, 2016
If you have a kind heart- and want to help people get back on their feet- this would be a great place to start! Great place to work benefits are a plus as well!
internship
Medical Administrative Assisting (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 19, 2015
A lot to do so your always busy and there is never a dull moment filing faxing sorting mail scanning emails and scheduling all fun fun things to do
Supportive work environment.
Preventive Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Fulton, NYMay 19, 2015
Working in supportive yet not micromanaged environment gave me the tools to be self sufficient. Management is helpful when necessary and ready to address any and all concerns. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the positive changes in the consumers that we serve.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
health care benefit costs
Advocate
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 12, 2015
This is a great way to work on building your resume and getting the opportunity for other companies to reach out to you. It gives you the opportunity to also branch off in other fields.
Compensation not well for position
Assistant IRA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 7, 2015
Not a great company to work for. There were a lot of responsibilities, and the compensation for it was not even close to what it should be. The management was overbearing and did not allow for any freedom with the job positions. It was a really far drive and did not provide any type of vehicle or compensation for the driving. Overall not a great company and would not recommend them.
Pros
individuals in the house
Cons
too many to write.
Liberty Resources is not a great place to work
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  Canastota, NYJanuary 22, 2015
I learned about Liberty Resources is that the management does not do a good job of listening to employees needs. They judge people on what they hear and not the facts. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with the clients. The hardest part of the day is sometimes the work schedule.
Pros
The clients
Cons
The management
Worst company that I have worked for
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 10, 2014
This company is poorly managed. They do not support their employees. Write ups come easy. Very unorganized. They are in it for the money. The morale is awful. Senior Managment is very needy and controlling.
Pros
Expensive health insurance
Cons
Good paid time off
Comfortable and supportive work environment
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 5, 2014
Working for Liberty Resources has been a great experience, from a great team environment, to supportive supervision, great benefits, and flexible schedules.
A great place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 23, 2014
I loved working here! It was great to have interaction with the individuals at the group home I worked at (Northtown IRA) and being able to have my coworkers like a second family! I learned a lot at this job medically, and about developmental disabilities. It helped me be a better person; it's a very humbling experience.
Pros
great coworkers, great learning, honest
Cons
no breaks really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Resources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7