Liberty Science Center Employee Reviews

repairing exhibits and managing a team.
Exhibit Technical Manager (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 10, 2015
Pros: every day it is different, benefits, job comfort
Cons: not a lot of room for a promotion, salary increase
I enjoy this job because every day it is something different. We have over 300 exhibits and in any given day an exhibit can go down. I get to maintain the exhibits and interact with the guests. I have hands on experience on the exhibits floors. My co workers and I get along well. My team consist of seven technicians.
nice place to work
Exhibit Assembler (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 30, 2015
Pros: free dinner and drinks.
Cons: late night working
had lots of good times working there.injoy the visitors and children smiling ,making everyone feel at home in the work place.
Fun place to work but not a career
Receptionist (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere
Cons: No room for advancement, unsteady hours.
This was a joyful and fun place to work. However there was no room to advance. An employer had been there for 10 years without moving up or getting a raise. Other than that it was a great and interesting place to work.
Fun learning enviornment
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 17, 2015
Pros: The learning experience
Cons: The lack of respect for employees
Interacted with students and customers, working and learning the newest science wave was incredible. Co-workers were team players, however management was not to good.
Fun place to work very flexible
n/a (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 9, 2015
Cons: no room for growth, little pay
Environment is flexible and allows for experimentation with new technologies.

Typical day includes lots of user issues and projects to handle.
Great place for learning and utilizing 'People Skills'
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 16, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: Expensive Lunch
I went in as a Volunteer, Managed exhibits and helped guests with any questions or complaints that they had. If you love kids and would like to work with them and enhance their intellect this is a great place to work. Great environment.
Good place to work in!
Volunteer (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 13, 2015
The Liberty science center is a very interactive work place, it houses all sorts of exhibitions that people would like to see.
I wish I could say positive things.
Interpretation Associate (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 2, 2015
I wish it was a nice place to work, but moral is actually really low. Co-workers are nice, but management treat us like cattle.
Fun place to work but horrible upper management.
Interpretation Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 24, 2014
Pros: possible freebies on certain days when special vendors visited, free parking, free admission for friends and family several times a year, discounts at the cafe and gift shop
Cons: no medical benefits for part-time staff, risk losing voice, standing for hours
It was a fun, fast-paced environment during the time in which I was employed. Some days when the school trips leave early the rest of the day would basically drag out but you have to keep yourself productive; you would not want to fall asleep standing up. You learn a lot because each exhibition has plenty of reading material. Some co-workers are amazing to work with, others were very gossipy making the place feel more like a middle school and not a place of business. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult and upset guests; they would want you to bend the rules and because the Science Center has certain ideals about keeping guests happy sometimes you are forced to bend the rules, which makes it unfair for other guests. The most enjoyable part of the job is if you're selected to do an arts and crafts activity; they are very interactive and makes the day go by fast.
Overall fun place to work at
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 2, 2014
Wasn't too demanding, easy going, most of the Associates are college students so the age can range from 18-25 years old.
I usually am on the floors assisting with others in the exhibition areas.
Special Activity Assistant (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 14, 2014
Pros: 10%-25% discount on the cafe/store.
Cons: as a volunteer, you don't get paid.
The atmosphere is great. The Liberty Science Center has new activities almost every week and always draws a crowd when we do special events. Sometimes, special guests will appear and make the LSC even more popular than before.
Very fast paced place with never a dull moment.
Animal Interpretive Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 22, 2014
Pros: decent pay and great location.
Cons: none.
A typical Day would be me performing multiple educational programs with live animals and checking on the exhibit animals to see if they were doing fine. I would also answer questions that the quest might have had. Here I learned many new things such as information and about the animals there, handling, feeding and public speaking. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the animals and having the oppurtunity to help people learn about them.
Work place is good to work for
Exhibit Technician (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 31, 2014
Come in eight am and start opening all the floors. Once your done go back and troubleshoot some exhibits that might have not booted correctly or error signs. Look and on the board and check email for any work that might have to be down in the facility. Usually there about two or three of us on-site. So work doesn't pile up. Co-workers are easing going. As long as there work to be down your always on your toes. That's not including the calls you might get during the day by the floor staff so thats the hard part. The easiest is when everything is running smoothly and you get a call here an there nothing to hectic. Next to that the job itself is not bad at all.
Excellent, even more so if you have kids
Manager of Individual Giving & Membership (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 25, 2014
This has to be the most exciting place to work.

Walking through the building, seeing and hearing people laugh and smile as they play and learn...there is no better cure for having a bad day.

And every other kid in my son's class was jealous when he described what he got to do on "take your child to work day" - it made me feel so happy to work there.

But if you can't work there, you should still visit.
Engagement at work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 7, 2014
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: short breaks
I spend most of my time at work interacting with the guest showing them the exhibits at The Liberty Science Center.
Nice
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 12, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: a lot of guests
This job bought me the rules of being an adult. i volunteered so it was for free but it gave me a window of how life as a working individual is like.
Liberty Science Center has helped me advance my skills and provide me with a strong foundation of verbal and wrttten communication skills.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 15, 2014
My current and previous work experience as a Guest and Service representative in Liberty Science Center, continues to provide me with a strong foundation of excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in servicing clients and enriched my multi-tasking abilities.This have further advanced my skills as a team player, allowed me to work well independently, and molded my leadership qualities.

I have been an employee at The Liberty Science center for almost five years now. I am responsible for contributing the shut down or all exhibit and public spaces during closing shifts, as well as fulfilling the appropriate amount of cash redemptions at the end of all shifts. I am able to provide guests with exceptional information about the attractions and movies we provide, as well as answering any additional inquiries and complaints in person and through phone calls.
Great
Sales & Guest Services Coordinator (Current Employee), EIOctober 29, 2013
Great company to start out in. Gained a lot of skills. Not much movement in the company.
very productive
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 1, 2013
I love working with the families and children at this location.
i loved the environment...
Cook (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 8, 2013
i love working there ,the environment was always exciting.I learned alot from my co-workers and supervisors..i also learned alot about catering parties and plating dishes.