Liberty Tax Service Employee Reviews

Found 1,959 reviews matching the search
Challenging workplace
Marketing Manager, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 24, 2017
Prepare cookies or treat bags
Separate into bags
Send out my marking teams to hand out cookies/treats
Do research
make phone calls
make schedules
Pros
Free cocoa, coffee and soup
- Great First Job -
Waver (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCJune 23, 2017
This job taught me about the introduction to the work force with awesome pay for the position. Manager was kind and understanding of schedules which was a plus for this college student. I would have to help clean up at the end of my shift for myself or help set up if I had the opening shift. The hardest part of the job for me was standing outside for hours at a time in extremely cold weather. Luckily, I did get to come in on those days a little earlier with longer break times to warm up. You do get to have days off when it is stormy outside. Would highly recommend as a first job with a company.
Pros
Wonderful Coworkers, Great Pay, Awesome Management
Cons
Weather Conditions, Tedious
Unlimited Potential for Career Growth
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 23, 2017
Fast Paced environment where your voice can be heard. New ideas are welcomed. You can set your career path on the journey you want it to take. Hardest part of this job is finding the path you want to take because the opportunities are endless.
Pros
Unlimmited Opportunity for Professional Growth and Personal Satisfaction in a job.
Cons
You may find yourself working long hours because it is fun!
Great Bosses to work for
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJune 23, 2017
You can't ask for better bosses then them. They work around your schedule and if you have questions they were gladly to help you so you can learn and be a better employee and do you job better.
Pros
Love working there
Cons
nothing
Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 23, 2017
I was in charge of the marketing of liberty tax here in the Winchester area. My boss was new in town and didn't know the area so I mapped it out for her in categories. Where the lower to middle class lived, and then to the upper class. I also did clerical work for her as well.
Pros
Worked as a team, being able to step outside the box
Cons
seasonal
A great learning experience
Manager and Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2017
A typical work day consists of opening the location. Turning on all the computers, checking the voicemail, and check for the days appointments. From there I called to confirm appointments as well as taking walk in customers. I prepared taxes, homesteads and amendments as needed. I faxed and scanned as needed. At the end of the day i submit the returns. Over the years i learned more and more about taxes and became a manager. I am very good with handling this business so honestly there is no easy or hard part of the day.
Pros
I get to meet new people, we take breaks as needed
Cons
some days are slower than others
Fun as a side job
Field Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
Being a field sales associate really encouraged me to put myself out there and made me more of a people person. As much as I did not agree with management I took a lot from working there.
Productive workplace
Tax Preparer/ Compliance Processor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
Productive place to work. Work environment is conducive for achieving quality work. The team atmosphere makes the workplace an enjoyable place. Gained a lot of tax knowledge and also a lot of practical real life knowledge that I can use going forward in life.
Fun and Flexible
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJune 20, 2017
as a promoter, I set my own schedule and pace. Tax school was free if I had stayed with the company, but I decided to Move onto a b Relaxed and fun. Looking for upbeat people who are good with software and willing to learn about taxes. Bring your good attitude
Pros
Opportunity to bounce around departments and gain additions to your resume.
Cons
Seasonal work only so not recommended if you are needing long term
Very Informative and empowering
Lead Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJune 20, 2017
Tax school gave me the knowledge and tool to be a Lead Tax preparer. Completing over 200 returns has placed confidence in my credential and skills. I love the owners and the office staff, very knowledgeable and encouraging of success.
Pros
Tax knowledge and practice
Cons
seasonal and wages
productive and non-judgemental work space
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 20, 2017
Boss was a great team player and very flexible. Seemed like a hard job but with her help was easy as can be. Having coffee and snacks was great motivation as well!
New Career
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 20, 2017
Liberty Tax Service is a good place to start a career. They make sure you have the tax knowledge you need. Working at Liberty you have a lot or responsibility but not a lot of hours.
Great Family
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MA 01104June 19, 2017
Liberty Tax is great. We all feel like a big family. We have fun and are very committed to making sure our clients are well taken care of. Seasonal job but I will keep returning every year!!
Pros
My Liberty Family!!
Cons
Seasonal
This job was challenging
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed learning however I did have a lot of titles and positions that wasn't compensated for. Was laid off when economy was down, called back however I decided to take a job at Liberty tax.
Pros
job challenging
Cons
distance and compensation
Fun place to work at
Professional Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 15, 2017
The people at Liberty Tax Service are like a family. It was a pleasure to have worked there. The people that I worked with were very nice and professional.
Pros
Laid back but professional environment
Cons
Some of the other Tax Proparers were too competitive
fun and easy
Sign Spinner (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 15, 2017
it is a fun job get to listen to music and stand outside . the sign wavers job ist to draw in customers . and meet new people .pay is good and taxes done for free
Loved it
Marketer waver (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAJune 15, 2017
I loved working for this company. It is very family oriented and they loved my personality. When I was waving I was outside dancing around and making people laugh which is something that I love to do.
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Wallace, NCJune 15, 2017
I worked with great people and in an environment that was encouraging and positive. My boss was always willing to help and encouraged us to ask questions. It was a great place to grow professionally.
This was a great oppurtunity for me to advance resume
Receptionist/Executive Office Assistance (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLJune 15, 2017
I was able to go to tax school while I was there to obtain a PTIN.It felt great to work with a company who cared about their employees.I also loved the fact that my husband and I were able to work as team mates to run each office.We also had a seperated play room where employees and clients could bring their children where we had an on site toutor.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Closed down without notice
Not trained on office procedures, basically on your own.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2017
Attending tax class is much easier and supportive than working in the offices. Older staff does not offer help, support, or training to new staff. Very quick to blame errors or mistakes on new staff.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Tax Service. Our community is ready to answer.