Liberty Tax Service

Liberty Tax Service Employer Reviews

a productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2015
i;m a out going person that like to work but have fun as i'm working i work hard never late team player but a self starter .what iv'e learned from my job experience is that you have to work hard to get were you want i learned how to work in fast food and ware house i have good work ethic .the hardest part about the job is learning new thing while working the station at the same time.the best part about the job is knowing that i am learning something different that i like and want to learn about.
C# Developer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Liberty Tax Service Offers retail tax preparation services across North America, specializing in the preparation of tax returns for individuals and small businesses.
Very Good Management.
Friendly environment.
Good Team Work.
Good Support from Management.
Exploring
Tax Preparer/Receptionist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 19, 2015
The best part of this job is that, you are always learning about tax law and how it will benefit the clients. The hardest part is that it is only four months out of the year. A day at work is always on the go, always helping out clients, answering their questions. I have learned that we always work together as a team and help each other out.
Fun work place with flexible working hours
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Wichita Falls TexasJanuary 18, 2015
There is never a dull moment, and customers are never the same. That makes it an interesting place to work. The staff is very helpful and the business on a whole is well organized. I learned how to use Quickbooks in one day and got certified to be a Tax Preparer in 2 weeks. The most enjoyable part are the cookies we put out for customers - they are delicious!
very professional
Tax Filling Assistant (Former Employee), dallas,TexasJanuary 18, 2015
Cons: seasonal job
I learnt how to prepared individual/business income tax and that is the most challenge task however I enjoyed learning and practicing on different tax situations.
In order to complete my tax preparer tax, I learnt how to communicate, explain and consult my clients about their taxes
I also process payroll for local small businesses, in addition I have a chance to practice my accounting knowledge on bookkeeping and financial reports for these businesses as well.
easy, fun, late working job
sign waver (Former Employee), Ocean Springs, MSJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: bonus at the end of tax season
Cons: few short breaks
as soon as I come into work put uniform on grab sign, clock in, head outside dance, sing, wave, and talk to people. I learned that's not a job I want to have again, management took their jobs very serious. my co-workers was very caring and happy people. The hardest part of that job was contently dancing for 3 hours at a time non-stop. Get paid to sing and dance which is something I love doing.
it okay
Waiver (Former Employee), East Ellijay, GAJanuary 13, 2015
its an okay place to work its just really cold to stand out there for 6 hours. but if you need a job then its good.
customer service
Receptionist/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 13, 2015
love the work and people. they have many things you could learn on a everyday basis and there lots of work that's the best part
Rollercoaster Ride with Tax Education Benefits
Lead Tax Preparer, Assistant Manager/Seasonal (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great for a second job.
The best part of working with Liberty is interacting with the customers. I met new people every year as well as, new employees. It was very fast paced and demanding. A typical day consisted of opening and closing store, preparing taxes, preforming secretarial duties, answering phones, maintaining the cleanliness of the office. You name it. The pay rate is okay, if you find a good owner to work for, plus a bonus, which is based on the total amount of returns prepared.
Awesome experience
Tax Preparer/Receptionist (Former Employee), Utica, MIJanuary 13, 2015
They offer great training and very upbeat. Make whole tax atmosphere a pleasure. Very qualified people there who know their stuff. Office in Port Huron top notch as well as Utica office. If you want to learn about taxes then I would suggest checking it out for next year since this is already tax season. Because it is a seasonal job there is room for advancement depending upon how much you keep up with tax laws. The management and staff there are great
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 12, 2015
EXCITING PLACE TO WORK AND MEET NEW PEOPLE. I GET THE CHANCE TO GET MORE AND MORE EXPERIENCED EVERYDAY.
Wonderful Company
Manager (Former Employee), Longview, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great job for 3 months then it ends when tax season is over. the best people to work with!
Cons: ends when tax season is over
Wonderful company!! The best bosses and co-worker! Does not pay much, but very fun!
nice work enviroment
Office Manager (Former Employee), springfield,IlJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good discounts
Cons: no breaks at all
was a good company to work for, great team work, great mgmt. team but advancement took forever to get
Very Entertaining
Waver/Marketer (Former Employee), Winterville, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun! you get to sing, dance, and entertain everyone who passes by
Cons: seasonal, low pay. have to be willing to work in any climate weather
Working at Liberty Tax, I was a waver/marketer. It was a seasonal job. Depending on how well you entertain, you will bring more customers to the company to complete their taxes then horns being tooted at you. I took this as a learning experience also. Although it was seasonal, it showed me different ways on how to promote and market my own business one day.
Fun workplace where people could give suggenstions.
Waver (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good pay, open minded people, fun to work
Cons: seasonal, no benefits
A typical day at work, I would come in, then clock in and get my liberty costume on and then I would stand on the side of the road. I would wave and dance, basically just do anything appropriate to get people to come in and get there taxes done. I usually had one lunch break and I would usually get an hour and then sometimes I would also get a 15 minute break if my hours were long enough. Then I would clean up the break room and clock out and go home. I think the most important thing I learned was patience and to just never give up, because some people will be rude and throw things at you; which some did. Also people now a days do there own taxes or do it online so they won't get a lot of people in. My manger and co-workers were super nice and very open to ideas and opinions, we worked as a team to make the job better and better improve the office. The hardest part of the job was that it could get really hot outside especially while wearing the costume. Another hard part was that the job was only seasonal and during the tax season and also the rude people who would throw things. The most enjoyable part was getting to be part of a team and actually getting to contribute to making the office a better place to work.
Flexible work schedule and good benefits
Canadian Operations - Area Developer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, culture, flexible work schedules and know its ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them
Typical work day varies depending on the time of year. I also have call forwarding and work emails on my phone so if I need to address something or an issue needs to be resolved it can be done in a timely manner. When I travel to Canada to visit offices, I look to see if they are in compliance, help with visibility issues, marketing, etc whatever is needed for the business and franchisee. We do trainings and conventions too. Co workers are a great team and we work well together. I enjoy working with all levels in the company and the diverse cultures we have within our company. The franchisees make my job rewarding. I was able to see Canada through my job and feel fortunate for that.
Lots of work during tax season - but still fun
Office Manager (Current Employee), Snyder, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great team to be part of
Cons: seasonal job
Liberty gave me the chance to get back into doing taxes, which I enjoyed doing many years ago working for a CPA.

It is crazy for the first few weeks, but we still have fun with each other & our customers - while trying to get the customers the largest refund they are legally entitled to

I would recommend a job at Liberty to anyone who enjoys helping people and wants a part time seasonal job working with a great team
I leaned how to work with people
Taxes (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 29, 2014
I have done alot of jobs and janitorial work is the enjoyable part of it.
Friendly enviornment
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2014
Cons: short to no breaks
Very fast pace attention to detail position that requires tons of multi tasking. Customer service driven company with high lean on word of mouth sales. Management is very personable and will see owner daily.Co workers are fun and energetic and determined to make the day run smoothly. Hardest part is to accommodate every customer while busy. Is the smile on the customers face when you can provide them with great news about their refund.
I am reliable. trust worthy and a hard worker ,team player
Spanish Translator and Receptionist (Former Employee), Petaluma, CADecember 28, 2014
Pros: great medical benefits, sick time and vacation paid
Cons: short breaks, no sick paid or health benefits
I am looking for my dream job in Medical billing and coding. I am fluent in English and Spanish. I am a team player and enjoy working with people. I am hard worker and quick to learn, aslo good at following directions.Detail oriented and proficient in computer programs

1 2 3 4 5