Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC Employee Reviews

Was not the worst place to work for but ain't best place either.
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 19, 2016
Was not to bad until they couldn't guarantee my job if I didn't move to 3rd shift so I quit. I was using someone else's car and they told me I needed to tell the vehicle owner I have to work night shift, the owner said then find another way to work, then the manager told me " not certain we can guarantee your job, so I told them dont worry about it and I quit in mid shift. I refuse to be bullied and won't tolerate it.
Pros
Benefits were nice
Cons
Pushy and harrassive management
Very advanced.
Maintenance Mechanic/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAOctober 25, 2016
This company is very advanced in Safety, and electrical machines. I enjoyed being a part in the maintenance, and management team. We provided a safe work place, at a very demanding production rate. The machines, and equipment were always checked on a hourly basis. We were always open to new ideas, and improvements. I learned alot about maintaining the equipment, trouble shooting, fabrication, and leadership.
Pros
Greatpay, benifits
Cons
Dirty
Only respectful people here are the office ladies and office manager
Nevermind (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 7, 2017
Production management need to learn how to treat the workers. If you want a job where you are constantly cussed at this is it. All the workers are idiots per the management.... never worked in a place where the workers get points for taking vacation days. Or fired for voicing their opinion...... the home office should send someone to Calhoun plant to fix all the management problems and threats to employees. Sad sad sad
Stay away from Liberty
Former member (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 14, 2016
White people controlling minority type company that loves the illegal Mexicans but is racist towards African Americans especially the General Manager and Plant Manager
Pros
None pay is horrible benefits suck and management is racist
Cons
Everything you can think of that is bad describes this toilet of a company
Worst place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Savage, MNSeptember 24, 2016
Stay away from this place-general mgr is a psycho, people are rude n nasty and job conditions /area are filthy. Dirty nasty bullwork. Not worth it. No bennies and the pay is junk. Only good thing was the illegals working there. They spoke no english but work hard and are good friendly people.
Not recommemded at all.
Pros
None.
Cons
Good place to work multi faceted business
AR specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2016
For the most part, there is no set schedule. I have tasks that need to be done daily or weekly however things get shuffled daily and priorities need to be realigned. I answer phones in between doing my reports, billing or payment posting.

I have specific customers that I also deal with in two separate fields, and I prioritize those customers since I am their contact for billing and related issues.
over all summary
driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAAugust 4, 2016
not the best support team,not sure who you can trust too many supervisors.and when you report a matter you may not get a answer no time soon. the supervisor made a mistake on the insurance requested. and told me after that i had to find the insurance, and they would pay, but i felt that you admit to your error so you should be required to fix it not me, but they still deducted the funds from my pay check for the insurance i didn't want. and i reported it on several occasions and no one corrected, that is why i feel you don't have support among other things.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no support
Would not recommend this place to anyone
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce Shores, FLNovember 13, 2016
Did not work at liberty long but long enough too know that their equipment is in really bad shape, the customers don't follow the rules set by liberty.The company just needed too put some money into equipment and workers
Pros
Worked alone
Cons
Really bad equipment
Good job
Regional Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXNovember 18, 2016
Great place to work. Laid back. Good company. Great insurance. A great team of employees with a good attitude. Lots of room for growth within the company.
Chump change
Driver (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXDecember 15, 2016
If you are a driver or a helper you get paid by the tire. Which is about .15 cents per tire. Not worth working here. Stay away..
unorganized
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, WINovember 7, 2016
job tasks were unorganized no real paperwork leadership was missing and left to your own devices. safety was there. expected to work more hours then had work to do at times.
na
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 2, 2016
I enjoyed the position. The co-workers and management were very easy to get along and work with. A typical day work was not hared but wasn't easy either. The work process was a adaptable environment. I am a very hands on person so it was easy for me to pick of the lead and get the job done.
Long Hours and Very Physical and Detailed
Employee (Former Employee) –  CompanyMarch 3, 2016
Unload box truck loaded with tires, my job was to manage employees under my supervision to insure they are finding potential good used tires. I learned a new industry and how profitable used tires were. The management I started with were great, as time moved on and I moved up I transferred to a new location and upper management gave no support more belittling and always threatening to fire you. Very much micro-managed. The co-workers were the best part of working there.The hardest part of my job was having to fight daily for what my department needed to be successful and even that we got nothing. The most enjoyable part of my job was the working side by side with the guys in the trenches.
Pros
Good pay for the managers lousy pay for employees
Cons
This company has a high number of illegals working for them
The Company is in a state of volatility right now
Legal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2015
I worked there with the promise and hope that I would be given the opportunity for advancement, this unfortunately did not happen. I was given great work experience due to the previous CEO's request of my assistance. Much of my work was taken for granted outside of this and unfortunately because of the financial position of this roll-up company, there is no room for raises and many people have recently left the company and they are having a difficult time replacing them. In the last few years they have lost their COO, CEO, CFO, VP of HR and numerous other positions.
A company with many opportunities.
Acting Operations manager (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYDecember 1, 2013
Liberty Tire was one of the most consistently challenging places to work. With a variety of extreme working conditions it was always interesting to find new ways to accomplish a goal. While the goals were always challenging I was allotted a great opportunity to learn and accomplish more out of my career at Liberty than I ever thought possible. My extensive experience gain was strictly due to my constant advancement at the company.
Pros
Working in a consistantly changing and learning environment, Good salary, floor crews were helpful
Cons
Harsh environment, poor life/work balance
A very fine company
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2014
Excellent company to work for, I had plenty of work to do and would be well informed of company policies and procedures. My coworkers had a real team emphasis and were very supportive of company success as well with the management. Management treated me with respect and were eager to have me learn all I could.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
none known
Small company with some good people
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OH 43123February 15, 2016
Day to day operations included operation of front-end loader and forklifts as well as a yard crane and skid-steer. Liberty was a recycling company that turned used tires into viable products such as playground and track surfacing and rubber mulch.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Outside work year round
Steady and Repetitive. Good pay and Benefits
Driver Assistant/ Lacer/ Pretrip/ Daily Reports (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Face paced, repetitious work but has good pay and benefits. Good place to work
It was a good place to work with room for advancement
Maintenance internship (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, WIDecember 24, 2015
Had the ability to learn many skills needed for my degree. It was an intern position. The pay was marginal, with plenty of room for advancement.
Good paying
route helper (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYDecember 26, 2013
Good paying job with beneifts. Lots of overtime available.
Pros
Benefits and OT
Cons
Dirty work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7