Liberty Tire Recycling, LLC Employee Reviews

Very hard work
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Marion, KYAugust 3, 2017
Your job is to drive through several states for clients who need scrap tires picked up. The pay is good if youre able to load 1200 tires onto a 53' trailer everyday.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hazardous work
Very productive work place
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 27, 2017
Begin my day at 4:45 am and end at approx 9pm or when the final truck arrives back to the yard. Management pressures employees to get things done in a timely manner although nearly impossible. No patience from management. Overall a good place to work.
hot and very dirty
Welder/ Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2017
if you really need money get it and keep moving there is not much room for advancement. its really hot with huge bay doors and no air conditioning plus the machines make it so much more hot.
Pros
job stability
Cons
hot, dirty
productive and safe work place
Fork lift operator/Front dock lead (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHMay 24, 2017
Liberty tire is a million dollar tire recycling company that operates across the country in small towns and big cities. There are many positions that are held at liberty, but my job as a fork lift operator is to load and un load bagged tire wire in and out of trailers. like most jobs there then is clean up time where I jump in the bobcat and clean up all the tire debris around the plant.
Pros
good pay and a lot of overtime
Cons
rough work
Terrible is the word.
Lead (Current Employee) –  Minerva, OHMay 23, 2017
Most days start about 4:30-5 a.m. No appreciation for hard work and no ability to move up in the company. Upper management is really bad. Workers are cussed and screamed at. Its very stressful and ridiculous. Management has no concern if the workers are getting 40 hr weeks because they are salary. Current GM will shut down the warehouse on fridays causing paychecks to be short. No way to live on little money! Would not recommend. Human Resource is very nice and very helpful.
benefits
Cons
low pay, no hours, unappreciated no matter how much you put into the company.
Horrible management
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2017
General manager is horrible. Yells and screams at people. there is zero room for advancement there. High employee turnover. Would not recommend this company at all.
Pros
green recycling company
Cons
Horrible general manager, no room for advancement
good money for no skills
Helper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Marion, KYMay 4, 2017
Great temporary job but nothing more. Pay is okay benefits are too. Just no opportunity for advancement what so ever. The job is rough on your body if you work routes. And if you work on the yard you will work with a bunch of people who use drugs sell etc. Honestly I can't wait to find another job.
Nice place to work
Tire grader (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 18, 2017
Liberty is a nice to work with alot of nice and respectful co-workers, who value the job. In the time i've been here i have learned alot of new things on tires.
poor place of employment
Heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXApril 11, 2017
i would never recomend working here. the gm lies to get what he wants. they dont pay what your worth and never will you ask for a raise and they find a way to fire you.
bad place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXMarch 31, 2017
working hours are from 5:30 am until they tell you. which can be 6 or 7 pm. dertty place to work heavy lifting and the management always acuse the employee of stealing from them. nothing but empty promeses of raises. if you can work here you can worke any where. all the permanet employee cant get jobs any where alse because they are ex cin or ilegals. that is why management abuse the employees.
Pros
no pros
Cons
management dont care about employee
Good company, alot of work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Minerva, OHMarch 20, 2017
Always had work to do... The company was really great an the benefits were good an pay rate was acceptable.... The driving locations were no more than 2 hrs aways
Liberty tire recycling
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 13, 2017
Horrible management. Supervisors dont show up. Employees do not speak English. Can not communicate. Intense manual labor. Long shifts. 12 hours. Do not train properly.
Company Policy Not Set to A High Standard
Employee (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 4, 2017
When it comes to company policy they are not meet, this company talks a big game about caring for there employees. Most employees make less than you would if you worked in a fast food restaurants and work 4 times as hard. When they have great employees that would go over and and beyond for them, they act like they dont see them, and never feel that its a good idea to give anyone a rasie.They need to find better management in there company starting from the top and working there way down if they ever want people to stay and work for them. One thing don't be foolish to there talking when tring to get a job with them remember they are selling you not telling you the real truth about what and how they will treat you.
Pros
Cons
Read my review and you will no just a tip of the cons
Hardworking
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXMarch 2, 2017
Overlooking the unloading of trailers... Making sure items are properly handled....... When tires come in we sort out the good from bad... Keep the good ones and recycling the shredded and bad ones
wet cold not for a family man
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 2, 2017
job was ok if your not a family man. You work outside in the cold, hot, rain, sleet, or snow. It is a very strenuous job that is all manual labor. great for a young man that doesn't have a family.
Pros
a great workout.
Cons
cold, wet, and dirty.
Can be tough job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Minerva, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Work isn't bad can make good money when there are tires to pick up if no tires then there is no money to be made up could work 12 to 15 hours a day and make 50.00 if there is no tires from stop to stop . When the tire counts are back because of no tires out there then u WILL make less than minimum wage. Is this legal idk. Management tells us what you want to hear. Not the truth. They also change your pay for the worse without first telling you.
Pros
Work on own no one bothers u as a driver helper
Cons
Bad pay, no employee appreciation. Their moto is anyone can be replaced!!!
Only respectful people here are the office ladies and office manager
Nevermind (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 7, 2017
Production management need to learn how to treat the workers. If you want a job where you are constantly cussed at this is it. All the workers are idiots per the management.... never worked in a place where the workers get points for taking vacation days. Or fired for voicing their opinion...... the home office should send someone to Calhoun plant to fix all the management problems and threats to employees. Sad sad sad
Cons
Good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 5, 2017
This job definitely made me see what labor is all about,also made me a better worker while teaching me the ropes, and helping me build tolerance. With my mental . Because you have to realize you are the one who chooses your life path
Was not the worst place to work for but ain't best place either.
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 19, 2016
Was not to bad until they couldn't guarantee my job if I didn't move to 3rd shift so I quit. I was using someone else's car and they told me I needed to tell the vehicle owner I have to work night shift, the owner said then find another way to work, then the manager told me " not certain we can guarantee your job, so I told them dont worry about it and I quit in mid shift. I refuse to be bullied and won't tolerate it.
Pros
Benefits were nice
Cons
Pushy and harrassive management
Chump change
Driver (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXDecember 15, 2016
If you are a driver or a helper you get paid by the tire. Which is about .15 cents per tire. Not worth working here. Stay away..