Liberty University Employee Reviews

Great environment but very poor pay and career advancement
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 20, 2017
Great environment to work but the pay is very poor and it's very hard to get any raise or career advancement. I recommend this company for entry level positions. If you can go somewhere else to work with your previous experience, I'd just apply somewhere else.
Pros
Medical Benefits- ok.
Cons
Poor pay
Very careing management
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 20, 2017
The management at Liberty University is very caring. Management will go and talk to employees and ask them how life is going. They are willing to pray with the employees as well.
Pros
Great Christian atmosphere
Cons
Policies are always changing
Great Christian environment with hardworking people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 16, 2017
There were a whole lot of hardworking people there. I noticed that instantly. I was really glad to be there at Liberty University. Liberty created a better man in me.
Workplace culture
Senior Director of Academic Achievement (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 15, 2017
Most enjoyable part about positions at LU is the work culture and collaborative relationships. Each department has its unique culture but every individual is encouraged to collaborate with others.
Great Teaching/Lab assistant jobs
Immunology Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 11, 2017
An encouraging environment with awesome students and great professors. A good way to make some money while in college. You get extra lab and administrative experience while learning leadership skills among your peers.
Pros
Very kind people that will go out of their way to help you
Cons
You have to know someone to get a job
posative
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 11, 2017
Great place to attend school.If you are employees by Liberty University, you will need to complete all tasks exactly as assigned. Do not worry about trying to improve the process. it is the way it is for a reason , even if that is not apparent. be on time and complete all assignments to their standards and be positive in your work and support of Liberty University and you will be sure to advance given time.
Great School Job
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 7, 2017
It was a flexible job that allowed me to balance school and work very well. The environment is positive and easygoing, and the work leaders are encouraging.
Started Great, Ended Awful!
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 1, 2017
When I started at this company, I knew the pay was not competitive or even close to average for what mostly all universities pay their employees respectively. However, I loved my job and helping the students. When new management came in, they made it clear that they did not care about the employees and simply wanted to 'clear house'. After several firing sprees based on nothing but lies, it was evident that the department I was in was only interested in numbers and not students or employees. Great school, awful employer!
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Everything else
To political and not worth the pay
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 29, 2017
Liberty University is a great university, but a poor employer. The largest benefit is the free education assistance they provide, but if you are not using this benefit, the work is not worth it. Compensation is poor, management is unorganized, and no room for professional development or advancement.
Great people, poor treatment.
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 24, 2017
Working facilities, you get all of the literal dirty work. It comes with the job. It was not terrible, but the higher up management treated the workers as though their needs did not matter.

Want to know more about Liberty University?

Ask a question
Enjoyable workplace and friendly employees. The pay is the downfall.
Course Editor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 22, 2017
This is a great work environment with wonderful coworkers. The biggest downfall is that the pay does not match the job requirements. Pay is very low compared to comparable positions in other companies or institutions.
Pros
Friendly faces, YouMatter events, great bosses
Cons
Low pay for a position requiring a degree. Few advancement opportunities are available.
Doesn't Care About Employees
Instructional Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 22, 2017
As a student, the University is amazing. It cares about you and your life. As staff, it is evident that the University cares nothing about you or your life.

Morale is terrible and they don't even care. Changing things without any notice, laying people off, taking away benefits, changing job descriptions, giving more responsibility without more pay, no raises, no yearly reviews. The only thing I can say for this job is that it's a job. Hoping they realize their mistakes before everyone revolts and they're left with nothing.
federal challenges
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 16, 2017
I enjoy the challenge of my job as it deals w/ federal regulations, military benefits, and education. I learned about financial aspects in business.
Pros
free tuition and paid vacations
Cons
timed breaks
Great Culture
D1 Men's Tennis (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 9, 2017
Liberty University provides an amazing work culture where you are involved with your co workers more than ever before. The facilities are top of the line and there isn't much missing. I would say that the institution provides an environment in which you can only improve yourself as a person.
Christian Label without any real substance
Staff (Former Employee) –  CampusMay 8, 2017
With recent leadership changes, LU is not the place you want to work. The employee campaign "You Matter" has become the university running joke. If you are willing to work for low pay, no appreciation, no advancement, then this is the place for you.
Productive sports camp
Student Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 1, 2017
I was a one day volunteer at a youth sports camp which gave me more experience to do what I love to do and that's coach. it was great working along teammates and other professional football players to help touch the lives of the youth in a positive way.
Poor place to work, in my opinion
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 29, 2017
Liberty University was an extremely poor and stressful place for me to work. I was extremely underpaid, yet expected to give more and more time and energy to them. I was degraded and yelled at by my boss in front of other colleagues. I was chastised for trying to take care of an issue by taking responsibility and initiation. I found out our department was doing something incorrectly, so, in hopes to be upstanding, moral, and to avoid a lawsuit, I brought it to the attention of supervisors. I was told that I should have never asked questions. I was never thanked. At least the department was obligated to change their policy to be legitimate, since I brought it to light. From the top down, there were poor examples of leadership and ethics, even though the students are hearing, "be a servant leader" every day. I hated working at Liberty.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
from the top down, poor examples of leadership and ethics
Solid Institution of Higher Education - but needs to pay market rates
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 29, 2017
Liberty is a great place to work. It is a top notch university; however, the pay is low for mid-level management and lower personnel, which makes it hard to hire and keep experienced people.
Pros
Education Benefits for employee and family.
Cons
Very low pay.
Amazing place with good people
Student (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 29, 2017
I love Liberty. It has helped me so much in my career and my drive for life. The student body knows where it's at. Courageous leadership and emphasis on Jesus Christ.
Pros
Jesus is at the center.
Cons
Challenges come and go.
Challenging yet Rewarding
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 27, 2017
It was a great and challenging experience to Work for Liberty University. I greatly enjoyed my time there and appreciate the skills I learned there.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Not enough work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty University. Our community is ready to answer.

Liberty University Reviews by Location