Liberty University Employee Reviews in United States

Online atmosphere adds to teaching and learning experiences
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  OnlineJuly 18, 2016
Nice place to work with students who wish to learn and administrators who look forward to assisting. Online environment adds to the padagogy and andragogy needs
Pros
Own schedule
Cons
Pay after the semester is over
Love
Athletic Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 30, 2016
Love everything about LU! Every encounter I have had with staff, athletes, and college students has always been great!
Gsa
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 13, 2016
I loved my time as a GSA because there was a family-oriented atmosphere and it allowed me to exhibit leadership skills
very excellent School
Masters of Business Administration, Present (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 11, 2016
I and a people person and I love challenges. So a typical day at work for me would be to solving problems, finding solutions, and creating ideals that will make a positive impact on the business. I am always teased because everyone say i do not know when to quit. I love taking on a job or a task and I will not stop until its done correctly. I am great at multitasking and helping others.
Pros
I always carry a pen and pad with me at all times for taking notes and for the creative side of me
Cons
I never assume everyone is digitally equipped so I do not think carrying an iPad to an interview
Work day
Assistant Director of Admissions Consulting (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 9, 2016
A typical workday in management consisted of having a 15 minute meeting at the beginning of each shift and talking about the past days performance. It also involved encouraging the team to push forward to the new day. At the end of each meeting there was prayer to start the day off right. Throughout the day I was responsible for overseeing each agents performance and monitoring their calls. I also coached with each agent on how to improve their performance. At the end of each month there were monthly reports that were required. These reports reflected on the accomplishments for the month. The best part of this job was seeing each agent grow and become the person God had created them to be.
Pros
Mentoring and coaching young people.
Cons
Working night shift for four years.
Great interacitve environment
Workforce Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 9, 2016
Libertie's work environment is amazing. The people care about your success and how you feel coming into work everyday. Management cares about their employees and makes every attempt to make sure all their needs are met.

I've learned alot about myself and how to better lead people in such a diverse environment. The hardest part of the job is sometimes getting burnt out from a mass amount of phones calls.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Everyone is extremely friendly and coaperative.
Pay/Benefits
Associate Director of Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 8, 2016
Pay is not the best, but overall its a great place to work.Management is great and the people that you work with will be the best.
Challenging and rewarding
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 30, 2016
My experience at Liberty University helped challenge me as an educational professional while also giving me rewards by learning as I was helping meet the needs of other educators from around the globe.
Pros
Philosophical soundness of a solid high quality institution of higher education.
Cons
as with any non-profit institution, their budget limits were somewhat restrictive/confining.
Liberty University offers no liberty and it is no university.
Full Professor/Assistant Director of Honors (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 28, 2016
Terrible morale--faculty have no academic freedom and get no respect from Administration--no tenure--people are let go on whim--no job security. Do not accept a position here.
Pros
Freedom to teach through a biblical worldview
Cons
No academic freedom, no respect for intellectualism, no support for scholarly research and publication.
Libert University is a great place to work
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 26, 2016
Liberty University is unlike any other place you will work. The culture is fantastic and your work/life balance will be positive. While the salary levels leave something to be desired, I still recommend LU to anyone looking for employment in Lynchburg, VA.
Pros
Culture, work/life balance, education benefits, low stress
Cons
Low pay
Excellent place to grow both professionally and academically. The best years of my life!
Graduate Student Assistant Communication Studies (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 20, 2016
My time at Liberty University has been one of the most gratifying experiences of my life. I met the best people among my coworkers, it felt like a safe and joyful environment. In the past 6 years I've had three bosses, to whom I owe so much of my professional growth. With their hard work and dedication, they showed me what it is to be a good leader and motivated me to constantly strive for excellence.
There is no organization that is perfect but from my experience my bosses were always open to change and new ideas. They valued me as a person and as an employee.
The hardest part of the job wasn't the job itself. It was juggling work with being a full time student. This experience taught me how to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines, and how to manage my time well and still go above and beyond.
The most enjoyable part of being a GSA in particular was having the opportunity to teach younger generations about the fascinating communication field. Trying to constantly be creative and come up with new ways to engage my students and help them learn, made me utilize all my journalism,marketing, & PR skills. Also, you become a family with the rest of the GSA team and fellow graduate students.
Pros
Free Tuition
horrible place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 15, 2016
Management lies and gossips about you would not recommend.behind your back. Very christian like place.you call people for money. I have been cussed out numerous times.
Liberty University
Purchasing Card Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 16, 2016
Working for Liberty University has taught me a lot in the 8 1/2 years that I have been there. In being under different supervisors, I have had the opportunity to learn from each one.
Philosophy Department was Great
Philosophy Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 10, 2016
Working in the Philosophy Department was great. The Philosophy Staff was spectacular, despite the fact that I did not like the University. The University's non-faculty staff was pretty horrible. Many of them are elderly and bitter, and they treated me poorly. Leaving the military and coming to be treated terrible by others was irritating.
Pros
Mentorship
Cons
Low Pay
Great place to work but can be hectic at times.
Psychology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 9, 2016
I have really enjoyed working with a group of people who want to continue to grow and achieve greater things. The setting and culture is an many ways student developed and makes each employees experience a little bit different. I have learned a lot about team work and leadership through my time at Liberty University. The people that I serve are the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part is adapting to the constant change of the campus.
Pros
Free room and board.
Cons
Management and students have conflict at times.
A++ working environment
Student Service Center Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 26, 2016
The most positive working environment I have ever experienced. Proper training was provided to allow me to excel at my job and positive encouragement as well as constructive correction were given when appropriate. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Best part of the job was interacting with and helping students solve their problems and get answers!
Great Benefits, Too Much Micro-Management
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 5, 2016
Overal the job was good. Co-workers were great. Positive work environment. However, the management tended to focus more on numbers than actual customer service, and the job was extremely monotonous.
Good school, good business, good people
Referee (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 24, 2015
Liberty University is a well run establishment. Its principles are its utmost priority and it trickles down to all levels. They promote a strong work ethic while building better employees.
Good Entry level job
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 3, 2015
This is a good job to stay in one place and get a free degree. The pay is not much but you are able to get free education which is a plus. Advancement is very difficult.
Pros
Free schooling
Cons
Bad scheduling.
Awesome
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 2, 2015
Liberty University so far has been my favorite place to work. They offer great opportunities to excel and move up. Liberty also offers a multitude of training courses and certifications for their employees.