Library

Library Employer Reviews

Amgen is a very great place to work.
Senior Library Associate (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 6, 2015
It offered lots of training. If it weren't for the various trainings Amgen offered, I would not have learned the things I did.
great job
Technology Aide (Current Employee), Marysville, OHJanuary 25, 2015
I have learned many computer skills, classroom management and great interpersonal skills. I strive to better myself and learn new things each year. I have become more organized in this job. Work with a lot of great people. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the excitement in the students when they learn something new.
A well organized, and positive environment.
Circulation Clerk (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: positive, cake on birthdays, funny
Cons: rude patrons, and shelving
A typical day at the library would be working on job rotation. Each hour we would do something different so that we wouldn't get bored easily. It was a very peaceful, positive environment where everyone got along. Co-workers we're always very nice, and were always welcoming, also always willing to help when needed. The hardest part of the job would be the shelving for me because that was my least favorite, and being told I did something wrong because I want to make sure I always do the job right the first time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be with my co-workers, because after a while they were family to me, and I loved and cared for every single co-worker. Which is why it made it so easy for me to work there.One of the other most enjoyable times at my job would be to sit at the circulation desk to help the patrons.
Productive and calm workplace with little to no hiccups.
Internship (Former Employee), Arroyo Valley High SchoolJanuary 1, 2015
I help people that come into the library find books that they may need and explain to them when they need to be returned. I restock the book shelves and organization is also a key to success.
A part time school job
Library Aide (Former Employee), storrs, ctNovember 28, 2014
This was just a short part time job i had while attending school. It was a good experience.
Calm and friendly workplace assisting customers with their book-finding needs!
Bookstore Worker (Current Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 21, 2014
A typical day at the Library is very calm, usually quiet, but has great interaction with day to day customers and library patrons. Co-workers are great and friendly, and quickly have become some of my best friends/confidants. I love the computer and library work such as: entering in info on the computer, answering phones, editing things, checking email, etc. It's overall a nice place to work!
Don't
Director (Former Employee), Leominster, MAJune 9, 2014
Pros: if you live near the school you're close
Cons: don't get too close
Just don't bother if you think on your own or think you can make decisions. You just cant.
Assistant to Office of Director (Former Employee), Wilberforce, OHMay 26, 2014
-great for students looking to make money on the side
-co-workers are great and informative
-you get downtown to do your homework, killing two birds with one stone
fun workingplace
Librarian clerk (Former Employee), Morrisville, NYMay 16, 2014
Pros: it was a good job
Developed a plan to increase the level of customer satisfaction
Demonstrated expertise in areas related to circulation policies and procedures, document delivery, and inter-library loan processes.
Rearranging books and Reserving books
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 25, 2014
Pros: free food, working with kids
Cons: short breaks
It was an okay experience. I did learn communication skills and customer service. I've also gained the experience of face to face communication with customers and helping with finding items
No benefits, no security, no boundaries
Student Employee (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: clean bathrooms in the staff break room, books to read, ancestry.com library edition access
Cons: no benefits, bugs, disrespectful coworkers, little hygiene, no sense of security, too much free time, mindless tasks, harassment without action, worker's compensation
Working at the library in Palm Beach County was a 2 year nightmare. The first month there, I was stalked for over a month and though it was obvious the stalker was harassing me, the staff members never took action until the man approached the front desk with a basket of chocolate. Lots of meth users like to come to the library as well to use the computers and hang out in the back of the book shelves. The staff was very careless and disrespectful to the younger staff members. There are roaches and ants crawling EVERYWHERE, including the staff areas. If you are also working on shelves to organize and file, the areas probably haven't been dusted in over a decade; allergy sensitive people BEWARE!
I also tore a ligament in my ankle when I had passed out near one of the book shelves. No one found me and I woke up on my own a half hour later; worker's compensation did not take my claim and my coworkers in my department treated me worse than before the incident.
Point short: weird people come in, mean people work there, the results are not very good. Never work at the main library in PBC. I don't know how the other branches are, but the main branch is absolutely terrible.
Productive and a very good work enviroment
Volunteer (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks
The people were very friendly, and excited about their job. It was a learning experience on how to do your job and interact with customers at the same time. I like how you could have a flexible schedule to work around my practice and school schedule. The only down side is you had very short breaks while on the job.
As Assist
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Pinetops, NCMarch 1, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I Somewhat Enjoyed Working at Library Assist Customers With Finding Books was A Little Fun But i never Had to do on my job.
productive and very organized work area
library clerk (Former Employee), Jackson Heights, NYFebruary 16, 2014
• Answered multiple telephone lines, answered questions and took messages as needed.
• Responsible for the bookshelves and keeping in order.
• Checked books in and out using online computer terminal.
• Attached labels to all books.
• Stamped the books with a city library card.
• Assisted customers with finding books.
Fun and creative workspace with a puppet theater
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: entertaining, snacks were provided
When I worked at the library, my friend and I organized books and helped the kids read and do homework. My favorite part was putting on little puppet shows for the kids, because it was not only fun for us but enjoyable for the kids. We all got a good laugh out of it! At the end of the puppet show we would color and do crafts with them and got to know them a little more which they loved!
Productive and very busy at times.
Tutor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 11, 2014
I have developed quite some patience while working in the library. I had students who procrastinated and/or forgot about deadlines - and there I was trying to do everything in the last minute. Well, that part was the best - Think fast; work fast. There obviously was a down time - it's a library :) Good environment.
Productive and rewarding place to work!
Customer Service (Current Employee), Long Branch, NJJanuary 9, 2014
I enjoy the customer service end of my job at the library. I never dread coming to work> I always learn something new and I am able to help people everyday.
Great Enviroment
Page (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: consistent hours
Management is friendly and very approachable, coworkers are welcoming and everyone seems to get along.
A large and over crowded elementary school with a beautiful library
School Media Specialist (Former Employee), Sachem Central School Disttrict, Holbrook, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: beautiful library and school enviornment; motivated teachers; good salary
Cons: overwhelming amount of work for one person, teachers refused any attempts to collaborate on research projects.
The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching the children in grades K-5 all the basics about technology (computer skills in research) and inspire the love of reading (ebook or printed books).
The worst part of the job was not having the support from the principal of the school which made my job very difficult.
Love Library
Asistant Librarian (Current Employee), Fulton, MSDecember 27, 2013
Pros: very stabel
Cons: boring
Working at a library is great but you get no real life experience. It is the same thing every day and I want to be a writer. But it is by far a great job.

1 2 3