Lidl US Employee Reviews

Not the best job.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Chester, VA 23831September 18, 2017
Lidl requires every employee to know every "department" in the store. When the store had the grand opening everyone got 35+ hours a week, but about 2 weeks after hours got cut. Some have anywhere between 4-12 hours a week, unless you are management you're screwed with no hours.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
not many hours and some management make your job harder
Don't work for this company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2017
I have worked for Lidl-US since the beginning of the year. At first, I loved my job. It was inconvenient for most people having to drive over an hour to the training center multiple times a week but I wasn't too far away so it didn't bother me. The pay was great and they paid for my gas so I saw no problem with the company. I showed up for all my shifts throughout training and learned what I needed to. Lidl was always having trouble getting everyone set up but I just went with it. My first pay check was messed up by around 5 hours but I wasn't worried about it because I was trying to be understanding. It was a new company and they would have their problems. Well fast forward to once training was over. Our store was supposed to be open but something happened so we were unable to work. Lidl sent us to volunteer multiple places for months. That was okay because we were still paid. But soon it just became an annoyance. I was hired to work in a grocery store and that's not what I was doing.

This company has horrible management. There are certain store managers and district managers that are so hateful towards everyone. They always have an attitude and will yell at you for no reason. It's not just me that will tell you this. Any of my other coworkers will confirm this. We have been told that our pay issues are low priority. Missing pay is never a low priority. No matter how many times this manager has gotten reported, they have not been fired or spoken with. But yet associates have been fired for being upset over not getting paid. People have been evicted from their homes because
  more... they were not able to pay their bills thanks to Lidl. This company has messed up half of their new employees checks multiple times and somehow can't figure out how to properly pay their employees because months later and we are still having issues.

Getting time off isn't that hard but you never know if you're actually going to have it off. No one will tell you if you can have the day off. They just expect you to wait until the schedule to come out to see. So making reservations is out of the question. And if you somehow get notified that you'll have the days off then you'll most likely be put on the schedule anyway. And then it's a nightmare going back and forth with them.

I really wish this company would get it's stuff in order because I hate that it's not working out for me. My associates are great and I love working with them but this is all getting to be too much. Please save yourself and don't work for this company.
Pros
Good pay, decent breaks
Cons
Pay issues, poor management
Fast paced and understaffed.
Store Manager and Recruiter Development Program (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 4, 2017
Great opportunities for people. I was the first of the new training program for their launch in the US. They learned from their mistakes with the first group I was in and now their training program is much better.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Size of staff per store
Pleasant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockingham, NCAugust 25, 2017
Good place to work good place to shop. All guidelines are set and rules are followed cross training everyday at the job and a comfortable environment to work.
Extremely poor work life balance
District Manager (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 20, 2017
The company culture is extremely poor and demoralizing. Management has no little to no leadership experience and unrealistic requests are made that put employee's health and safety at risk.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor management and no work life balance
Fun place to work for very clean employees are nice customers and managment is grear
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 9, 2017
I loved working here but i recently just moved back to jersey so i had to quit but great company to look into.working for this company is challenging in the beginning you have to go through a three week training course its liks being back in college you take test and all that its just training you so when you get inside the establishment to work you know your job.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Expectations to do great are high
Overall bad company
wearhouse associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 29, 2017
I work here in the distribution center in Fredericksburg Virginia the bosses are ride they feel like they don't have to respect you because you are under them I have heardthem speak about people behind their backs everyday they expect you to give them 110% but come pay day your lucky if you get your paycheck the freezers ranges from -10to -35 and they sometimes want you to go in there with no freezer gear god forbid you have a HR related problem it took me a week for some one to get me to HR to resolve my problem if you ask me they should of stayed in Europe it's not worth the $15 an hr go to mclane if you want a wearhouse job this IS NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Pros
401k they match 5%
Cons
Everything else
I work here now
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 29, 2017
The pay is good but they don't schedule people accordingly and it seems to always be a problem with pay on pay days the supervispors are rude and really feel as if they are all the way above associates
Pros
Pay
a very well thought out training program
Store Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 25, 2017
Lidl is ahead of the game when it comes to training plans and preparation for its employees. Much like Starbucks, Lidl's entry into the US will ultimately saturate the market if competitors cannot keep up with what it offers its customers AND its employees.
Older and family oriented need not apply
Acquisition & Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 20, 2017
Ideal if you are young, male, and prepared to move on a moment's notice.

They will compensate you well in return and benefits package is excellent.

Those with strong background in real estate practices and value network relationships will be challenged with internal philosophy. Management prefers you not build relationships in the industry.
not the job for me
Store Management (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 11, 2017
not the company for me!! lived over seas for 6 months then i returned to america and didn't have a job. This company wants you to be a robot and not speak your mind.
Just a great company to work for
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAJuly 10, 2017
Great company great co workers room to grow and move up in thr company great wages great benefits package very well put together building's great products
Pros
Great pay
Cons
N/a
Great Culture
Employer Brand Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 16, 2017
Great culture with and open workspace where you get to meet and interact with everyone you work with. Opportunity to with with people from all over the world.
Hire more Americans
Manager (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAMay 25, 2016
Management coming from International have no skills and are in need of major sensitivity training.
There is no work life balance and a big lack of communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl US. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9