Lidl Employee Reviews

Messed up pay
SALES (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 22, 2017
Lidl is a great food store to shop at. always fresh daily my problem came in as a employee is the pay. we get paid 12hr but since I been working for lidl I haven't received all of my pay. the management wants you to come to work and work hard and efficient but mess up your pay and make you wait a week or the next time for the rest of your money. I just feel like lidl is great to the us but you can not expect humans to come work for a company that messes up your pay.
It was a ok job
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 10, 2017
This is not the place to work if you are trying to have a secure job and trying to live . They cut hours and show favoritism to the people they liked.
Pros
Good pay, great coworkers
Cons
Cut hours, temps let go
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 1, 2017
This is not a place I would recommend. The Greenville NC location is full of favoritism they cut hours based on who they like. No matter how hard you work it is looked over if you are not seen as the favorite. If you speak up about something wrong you are shot down and excuses are made. I would not recommend it unless they get more organized and treat employees better.
Pros
Good Pay, Great coworkers, nice store
Cons
Lies, unorganized management, no job security
productive and exiting if you enjoy work
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 6, 2017
there are some issues on occasion but it's a new company just working out the kinks. I enjoy my job, I just need something more stable and reliable, it's hard to grow with a company when you have things to pay for.
Lidl is the new kid on the block
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 8, 2017
Lidl is a probably the best advancement opportunity coming into the U.S. and not to mention the starting pay. Further more, lidl also does a great job at matching 401k and healthcare. The management is exciting, energetic, reliable , accessible. Along with the management, the work environment is just as exciting, as well as bright and open. The hardest part about this job was learning all of the plu's on top of the store knowledge. The most enjoyable is getting to meet people from different countries and introducing a whole new experience to the general public
biggest career regret
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 9, 2017
poorly managed environment
abusive personalities in positions of authority
sexist atmosphere

I was promised a lot, and virtually none of it was delivered, including the actual job title and responsibilities, base pay, and career progression
Pros
healthcare
Cons
everything else
High Stress with Minimal Staff and Unorganized with reference to Training
Store Manager and Recruiter Development Program (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 25, 2017
Report to work between 5-6AM. Empty pallets, place orders for all departments, handle register, create staffing, keep up daily briefing board, decrease shrinkage.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Low staffing
Laid back yet very productive
Service and Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 5, 2017
I absolutely love working here. Management and peers provide a great deal of trust and sense of togetherness. Tasks and projects yield great results and it gives me great joy of being a part of something big. Lidl has not opened stores in the US yet but I honestly believe Lidl will make a retail impact better than Aldi.
Pros
company iPhones, Surface Pro 4 and free food!
Cons
Hoherly time sheets. A couple paychecks have been off becaus Human error.
Korrekt, minden munkaügyi szabályt betartó, profi vállalat.
Területi értékesítési vezető (Former Employee) –  Egész Kelet-Mo.January 26, 2017
Rengeteget köszönhetek ennek a cégnek. Amit megtanultam:
- munkaerő toborzás , kiválasztás, képzés
- vezetői kultúra
- kemény, motivált, sikerorientált és céltudatos gondolkodás
- analitikus, és innovatív látásmód
- leltárvezetés
- pénzügyi ellenőrzés
A munkámért fizetett bérből el tudtam kezdeni az életem, megalapoztam a családom jövőjét.
Pros
Prémium cégautó privát használatra, cafeteria
good management and team ..Nice place to work.give value for work life balance.the store was very good
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  WallingtonMay 15, 2016
I have been working at Lidl part-time (More than a year)
Pros
Good Salary
Flexible with holidays
Very busy so the time goes very quickly
Cons
Long hours with early starts
Need to be able to work alone as most of the time you will be by yourself
There is not a huge rapport between staff
Advice to Management
To take your workers into account, it is not possible to do all the work alone that is prescribed to be done in such a short period of time.
a day at Lidl
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Geours de MaremneJanuary 14, 2016
woke up 5 am to be at work at 6h15, say hi to to my team, organize every co worker tasks that had to be done+ briefing, goods reception, team started placing food in shelves respecting company's policy, then i controlled everybody's work. i made orders for next day ( everyday deliveries), prepare next days sales operations, made adjustments with my manager on planning. help cash register if necessary...
I learned how to be versatile, work on really high pressure work environnement.
I learned how to manage a team, give responsibilities, control work, do many things in the same time.
the hardest part if the job was to deal with so many tasks to do everyday, i had to organise job with priorities, didn't always have time to control everybody job, so learned to delegate.
The most enjoyable part is achieving something with my team, be proud of what we did together, helping each other.
Pros
job security, 13th month prime
Cons
no time for break, super physical job, Management policy
Fun place to work and added incentive of making customer happy
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, NDJuly 18, 2015
The great thing about my job is every day at work could be different, no day is the same. I have many things at my workplace one been the difference IT makes to Lidl special at the store level, having worked at stores during my study.

Management and CO-workers are great and always supportive.

Hardest part of the job is maybe not known when you might get a call out of hours

Making a real difference to the company testing and installing store systems and seeing the good feedback and great impact they have made.
Great company with a family like atmoshpere. Looking for a job closer to Denver.
o Operations Trainee/Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 12, 2014
A typical day usually starts with a one on one with my manager. Then a truck inspection. Run a crew of 2-4 laborers on design build projects. End of day, I make sure all necessary materials for the next day are loaded on the truck. Currently in training for D/B management. Just received my CDL and I'm currently working on getting my CLT for softscape. My favorite part of landscaping is installing hardscapes.
Great place to work with clients
Landscape deisgner/ marketing/ LA Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 7, 2012
A typical day at L.I.D is working on the computer then your outside to do site surveys.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
summer hours are long and hard.