Lids

Lids United States Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at for highschool kids.
Sales Representative, Cashier, / Lids (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 21, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of selling hats in a laid back atmosphere, and trying to up sale embroidery's on the hats to build a bigger ticket for the company. I learned to always stay positive no matter what. Management was pretty good they let us do what we had to do to sell the hats that we needed to sell to keep our job while being positive about what we needed to do to increase our sales. My coworkers were easy going, laid back people, also easy to get along with. The hardest part about the job was not getting hardly any hours. The most enjoyable part about the job was being able to meet people from all walks of life and further sharpening my communication and people skills.
very slow place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVApril 18, 2015
Cons: no breaks
Began every day by coming in and counting my drawer. Then proceeded to try and make sales. Upsell every opportunity. Basically talk to customers and build relations with them. Ended my day by counting my drawer and taking the bank deposit to BB&T bank.
VERY BUSY ATMOSPHERE
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 10, 2015
Pros: BEING ABLE TO WORK IN THE MALL MEETING DIFFERENT PEOPLE AND ASSISTING THEM
Cons: THE TREATMENT OF THE EMPLOYEES.
I ENJOYED WORKING THERE IS WAS AN PLACE THAT I LOVE MEETING PEOLPE AT AND WORKING WITH, I JUST DIDNT LIKE THE TREATMENT OF THE EMPLOYEES.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIApril 3, 2015
Pros: Meetring new people.
Cons: No lunch breaks except on the job.
Typical day at work consists of doing the daily paperwork(numbers and daily goals)
Helping customers with there basic needs for the day
Keeping track of the hourly goals
Hardest part of the job was making sure all of my customers were being helped and getting what it is exactly they need.
I learned to give customers the type of service that you would want if you were walking into there store. Also, everyone has specific needs so try and meet each and everyone and that will keep you customers happy and coming back.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at work was unpredictable. It could be really busy one minute and dead the next. Working there I gained more knowledge on management skills and how the retail business operates on a daily basis. My co-workers were great to work with and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job would have to be when i would be alone at the store and have many customers to attend to simultaneously. What I enjoyed most working there would have to be working with the customers and getting to know them.
If you love sports, and you love retail then this is the perfect job for you
Third Key Holder (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 24, 2015
With LIDS you learn that the clothes people wear when they support a team is more than that. It's part of their life and in such a way they want some sort of ownership in loving and living through that team. No matter where they live its the one thing that you begin to understand that people take with them no matter where they go.
Fun place to work and meet new people and about sports
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIMarch 22, 2015
Includes standing for duration of shift. Being able to close sales. Being able to find the accurate size hat for customers and customizing for them.
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 19, 2015
Was a really fun first job to work. Accept that I hated some co workers because of how rude ad the way they carried themselves. Training was pretty awful and had to learn on my own on the fly.
Customers
Cashier/Sales Asc (Former Employee), Mays Landing, NJMarch 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing new customers and interacting with different people each and everyday all around the world and seeing how much i can make a customers happy.
Great learning and growing experience.
Store Manager (Current Employee), The WoodlandsMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Growth, Learning experience
Cons: N/A
In no way would I knock Lids as a company. It's a great company to work for and you learn consistently. With it being my first job, I learned how to take care of every customer. Our consistent drive of the customer experience showed as we had customers that continued to shop with us. Working at a hat store, there aren't many difficult challenges. Working here, just like any place depends on the attitude you have about it. If you are positive your work will be reflected in a positive way. I recommend this job because there are many managers and team members that are always willing to help.
Fun atmosphere
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mercedes, TXMarch 16, 2015
Excellent hands-on the job training process, and a great place to work.Here you will learn about sales and providing excellent customer service.
loved it, the hours i worked were perfect
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: management
my hours are okay there is a lack of communication i do enjoy working for the company making the connections i have will benefit me in the future
.....
Store manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 6, 2015
seasonal to part time asm, to full time asm, to store manager. everything about the job was about corporate growth. they cared nothing for the store level employees. except for the customers and good friends I made that were co workers, I regret giving this company as many years of my life.
AWESOME JOB
Sales Associate, Embroidery Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
INTERACTIVE, VERY FUN. LARGE VARIETY OF PEOPLE. MANAGEMENT IS GREAT. BEST PART OF THE JOB WOULD HAVE TO BE SELLING NEW PRODUCT.
fun, learning workplace
part time sales person (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2015
a typical day at work at lids was id come in clock in if it was slow arrange the store, clean up the store. if it was a busy day it required one on one sales, getting comfortable with the customer finding out exactly what they want and getting it for them. The manager was very good in training me, and being there when i needed help. The coworkers made it a very fun environment. The hardest part of this job was the long hours, the most enjoyable part was meeting so many new people.
productive work place with helpful managers and employees
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Lake Grove, NYFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: 40% discount in lids stores and it's affiliate company's
Cons: minimal hours given
lids is an outstanding company where the management team is helpful, understanding , and always willing to work with their employees.
Great benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Working here as a manager was a great experience. Lids has extremely conservative marketing strategies, so newer ideas are easily shot down by corporate.

They have an attractive rewards programs for its consumers, so that helps in driving sales to a positive scale.

District Managers are great! They will coach you along the way and help you succeed. They however are limited to Area Managers, which you only see once per quarter to point out the areas of opportunity but will not provide any support systems to better sales and workforce metrics.

Overall, its a great company to work for in the retail industry, but it is definitely not something you'd like to keep in the long run. Career growth happens for those who earn it :)
Endless work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 12, 2015
This company expects way too much from employees. Moving the same product from one end of the store on a daily basis just to give the stores busy work. Hats should not be 35-150 dollars. Always yelled at for Accessories % if it wasn't high enough a write up would happen. Even though sometimes we didn't even have any accessories to sell at times.
Fun and laid back job.
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: meeting new people everyday, customizing hats and other items.
Cons: working in a mall, being bored, selling hats.
Learned a lot about myself, sales and working in retail. Really fun working with the embroidery machine, meeting new people all the time was ineresting also.
Its "Ok" but not a career
Store Manager (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Most enjoyable part was working with great employees and work culture was ok, On the Negative, business is extremely slow which leads to very boring and agonizing days. Upper management expect you to work 50-60 hours a week.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lids

Founded in 1995 and comprised of more than 800 mall-based, airport, street level and factory outlet stores nationwide, and in – Read more

Lids Salaries