Lids Employee Reviews

Lids
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Austell, GASeptember 8, 2016
Usually your are working along, unless you are trianing a new employee. The company ask that you train every employee to company standard while still helping customers, and doing your daily task. management ask that you give your life up to run your store. there is absolutely no work life balance. you will never get a weekend off. they say that you get one weekend off every four week but a weekend is consider any two days back to back, but you are not allowed to take a saturday and sunday off. if you are off on saturday you must work that sunday. if you plan on having a family while working here turn away and run.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
high turn over. only certain stores can have a full time manager.
75% positive experience
Store manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 26, 2016
Lids is a decent place to build a resume . If you work hard , show you are trying and kiss butt to your Dm or higher ups they will do things to help you . The company it's self is alright . They expect a lot for low pay . Lots of stress with theft , single coverage and no life . You get bonuses every once in awhile . I always fear on job security because they seem to not care much about employees
Pros
Great first store management job
Cons
No breaks, long hours, pay cold be Better
Horrid
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 20, 2016
I worked as a Store Manager for close to two years. The pay is incredibly low and women are paid at a lower rate than men. Long hours worked alone. Only allowed to have double coverage on weekends. No security equipment whatsoever for low volume stores. You cannot watch every person all of the time when you are working alone. In my. Time working for Lids I only had one DMIT who actually worked to build up and encourage the managers he worked with. All other upper management cared nothing for us especially if you didn't fit the mold. Recieving policies leave you accountable for warehouse mistakes which are very frequent. Managers are only allowed 1 Saturday and one Sunday a month off. Per policy you can't take them on the same weekend unless it is part of a PRO request. Your family is not important to them at all.
Pros
My customers and my staff
Cons
Everything else
Store Manager / District Leader (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLAugust 24, 2016
Enjoy the people and the environment. Family oriented and great benefits. National chain with great opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours when working special events.
It was a good job and had great employees.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILJanuary 2, 2017
I loved working here until I was promised a pay promotion when I got moved up to manager and it never got sent through in full. Overall a good atmosphere.
Pros
Great employees, cool hats
Cons
Not enough pay, lack of benefits
Not very stable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 15, 2016
Management is shoddy, over promises and under delivers. Compensation is laughably low. Very bad safety standards, and low amount of cleaning. Overall, not a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, low pay
Never work here!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 25, 2016
If you work hard and take pride in what you do then DON'T work for this company.

I am not your common seasonal or run of the mill employee who got disgruntled and wrote a bad review. In fact i worked here for several years, blind to this companies corrupt tactics.

Workers are SEVERELY under paid at every level. A lot of shady business goes down when talk of salary so they make it a company incentive to never speak about pay. This company will bleed their workers dry then kick them to the curb.

Management is a joke. Everyone from District manager right down to your part time assistants are horrible. You come a cross a few good down to earth ones and the rest are either too brainwashed or high to know any better. I recommend NOT working for this company! EVER!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Fun comfortable work place
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 25, 2016
Working at Lids was easy and fun. We clock in check to see if the hats are stocked correctly, ship any online orders, help customers that walk in and clean the display windows. Management was great I always had fun at work and never was uncomfortable. Management was very strict but still had a good time with every employee. I learned a lot about different sports team Logos. The hardest part of the job would have to be customizing a customers hat. You just don't ever want to take it off the machine and they hate it. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers .
Pros
Discounts on hats
Cons
Not enough hours
Long hours but a big payoff
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2016
Liked the job but with all the management changes it becomes more about survival. Was able to make a great leap in my Career as far as position. Also was able to meet some great people along the way.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Looong Hours
sports
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 20, 2016
* Quality control and customer resolution regarding products and services

* Recruit, hire, and train associates with all policies, systems, selling processes and techniques.

* Revenue management. Which included preventing and resolving profit loss for the store and district.

* Collect and report with in the market daily numbers to the district manager and district manager in training.
Pros
fun times talking sports
Cons
on duty alone most of your shift
Very fun atmosphere! Not a career though.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 7, 2016
I've been here going on 4 years.
Started as seasonal help, now I'm a Manager.

Long Story Short, GREAT atmosphere. I love love love going to work. I love my customers, i love my job. All of it.

However, of course there's a but, the company, is horrible. Everyone in there eyes are "replaceable". Asking for a raise is out of the question. Like i said I went from seasonal to manager.
8.50 to 10.50 NOTHING.

The pay rate is a joke.

GREAT for a high school student, not for a "career"
Pros
Fun, Easy Job, Easy Schedualing
Cons
PAY RATE
Poorly ran
Third Key Associate (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 16, 2016
The job was easy, but when it came down to it management didn't seem to have a clue on how to run a business. The job is to sell hats and accessories. How they managed to over-complicate that is beyond me. Pay was minimum, and between me and the one other associate, we never had a day off. Also, about two weeks into the job, I was assigned to train an assistant manager. Place was a joke.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Pay, management
Lids Review
Part Time Assistant Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2016
I don't have much great things to say. I devoted 3 years and a 1/2 to the company. I was promoted only by the third month. Did not receive a raise. But I did receive a store key and more responsibilities.
Pros
It is a fun environment
Cons
No room for growth
A Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILAugust 24, 2016
I learned how to properly speak to customers and sell a product. The management was nice and guided me. Co-workers were pretty funny, but when it came down to work, they were professionals. The hardest part of the job was reaching the hats at the top of the shelves, since someone lost the hat stick and the step-up ladders were shaky and wobbly. The most satisfying part of the job was finishing a sale, it was a thrill knowing that I helped a customer get exactly what they want, with excellent customer service.
Cons
Short Breaks
Upper Management is Disconnected
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 17, 2016
Upper management is disconnected from store level needs. Policies are frequently being changed in ways that do not benefit the customer and have little impact on budget savings.

Suspected that company is struggling financially, which is resulting in poor decision making.
Pros
Sports enviroment
Cons
Unstable environment, Poor Management decisions, Stressful environment for managers
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2016
Fantastic job to start as a part time worker and career advancement was possible within the first year if you did your job effectively. Pay was fantastic and the benefits were included for part time workers too. Managers were friendly and wanted you to be fantastic at selling.
Pros
paid luch time
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Fun workplace that allows for one on one customer service experience in a sports related environment. Allows for advancement in the company in an environment where co-workers are equally encouraged to succeed.
crew member
Assiatant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 1, 2016
A typical day a work i had to make sure the customers got what they wanted. i learned how to make the pizza while working there. management wasn't as good as i thought it should be. My co workers were pretty decent. the hardest part of my job was making the pizza to the best of my ability. The enjoyable part of my job was the meeting we had.
Lids
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 22, 2016
Lids was a fun part of my life when I was working their. Great team, and great management. It was a fun work enviroment with respect all way round. The pay just needs to be better.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
Paid
Overall a very fun job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 13, 2017
I had fun working at Lids, this job was very laid-back, and the customers kept me very entertained. My job duties where very easy and management gave direct orders which helped me preformed better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lids. Our community is ready to answer.