Lids Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 19, 2017
Lids was a horrible experience that resulted in massive turnover. The hours are brutal with barely any breaks, the DM's do not treat their employees like they matter.
Fun place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed working here because a close college friend was the manager. Working there was not too hard at first. Once I got promoted to "key holder" I chose to resign. Counting all the hats everyday, seemed insane to me especially when you are trying to sell hats and/or prevent shop lifters from stealing during your shift.
inconsistent
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 15, 2017
Most days you'll be bored to tears. Then on peaks days you are running around like a crazy person with no support. Generally working solo shifts from 8-12 hours by yourself. No scheduled breaks. Typically eating a cold lunch, if you have time to eat at all.
terrible place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 13, 2017
terrible place to work bad culture bad management terrible dm super unprofessional and very low trained staff and a very short underwhelming training program
Pros
Cons
this whole job
ehh
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
It has work that needs to be improved. The sales are increasing and every employee has the potential to be better. So far, my experience was bumpy. After a while, I started getting better at sales and embroidery and I am happier.
fun place to work good environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2017
a typical day at work would be to help customers. i learned alot about computer systems for the first time.. the environment was nice.. the hardest part was learning the system but i perfected it through repatition. it was first retail experience and iv learned a lot about customer service...the most enjoyable part about the job was the fact that i got to connect with different types of people from different backgrounds.
Pros
working in a sports store
Cons
discounts
Have fun sell hats was the motto
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 8, 2017
Because of the company motto it was a really cool environment as long as you did your job and made the best of it! Having patience also is a major task but once you enhance things it's a pretty ongoing job
Fun work enviroment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHOctober 6, 2017
LIDS was a great company and I loved the environment but the management I was under was horrible. we had no communication and when I was working there I also had another job and was promised flexible hours, which I had until about a month into my employment. I was promised $9/ hour and was supposed to have a key to lock and unlock the store since I was a key holder position but I never got my raise or my key for the store. I had to call other employees to lock the store when I was closing multiple nights a week.
Minimal challenge but organized company with a motto of success.
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 5, 2017
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the hours and pay were not bad. But there was not much challenge after two months. Limited career advancement.
very fun and fast paced
Assistant (Store Manager) (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 4, 2017
overall my experience working for Lids,I would have to say very productive and great. The 8yrs that i've been there have been great. I just think that its time for me to branch out and find a better career opportunity.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
can be slow paced at times
Awful Management
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 3, 2017
Management is extremely unorganized and unprofessional. There is a lot of favoritism that happens throughout the work day. No commission for sales. Working in the kiosk is not as fulfilling as working for an actual store or locker room.
The job is very fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 3, 2017
Play smart work hard. At lids in jersey gardens mall there were a lot of tourist. So everyday of the week the job was very upbeat and fast pace. But I did enjoy my time there.
Lids is a desirable work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAOctober 3, 2017
Lids is an extremely desirable company to work for however, there has been a lack of ability to advance. The job itself is great and the management team is great to work with.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Lack of Advancement & Compensation
Great starter, Low pay
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIOctober 2, 2017
This company focus on people as a family and you are treated as such in some aspects. On one hand you get great discount at your company and partner companies but low pay based on your store location.
Fun but not a career.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CASeptember 30, 2017
If you're a recent high school grad or a college student looking for a flexible position this company is great but unless you are a store manager the pay isn't really that great for what they expect of you.
Productive and enjoyable environment with many employee amenities
VICE PRESIDENT LOSS PREVENTION (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INSeptember 28, 2017
The Lids Corporate facility was designed with the employees in mind. There is a workout facility, cafeteria and ESPN piped into the common areas. The workday is demanding but made easier due to the shared goal of all employees to succeed in all areas. Management is new but is committed to transparency and employee engagement. The most enjoyable part of working for Lids is being a part of a very special organization that still employs some of the very first people to join so the roots are never forgotten.
Pros
Corporate HQ facility is outstanding
Cons
Challenging nature of retail
No Thank You
Assisant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GASeptember 25, 2017
A typical day is generally extremely slow paced. You tend to get bored very easily. This job is extremely easy. You will have to find stuff to do, however. The management is unlike anything I've seen before. Their decisions are based on emotion. The hardest part of this job is wanting to come to work. The best part for me is my customers. Without them, I wouldn't have made it to a year.
Loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Anita, CASeptember 24, 2017
My manager and co workers were amazing. We all got a long and being in a mall had its perks too, like security. It was nice making hats and learning new things all the time.
Cool place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXSeptember 23, 2017
This place helps you with people skills and stocking skills. They train you well and teach you the ropes throughout your shifts. Cool and fun place to work.
relaxed workplace small store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 21, 2017
pretty relaxed, keep track of daly budgets and exceed sales in the store. i learned how to run a company very well and how to become a better seller. workplace culture were alot of men.
Pros
nice discount
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9