LIFE, Inc Employee Reviews

Great helping others.
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMay 24, 2016
Assisting consumers with daily living where I've learned that everyone cant do things independently. The managers are alright and come visit the consumers often. I have good coworkers that help with the job duties. The hardest part of the job is not being able to understand what makes the consumers upset. seeing them smile is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Pay
One of the greatest Jobs to be had
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Newport, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Well tuned and consumer focused. Fun place and great pay. Easy to love your job when you have great management. By far one of the best jobs I have ever had.
Interesting and comfortable
Medication Technician/ Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 26, 2015
Life Inc. is a good company to work, management, coworkers work as a team. Fun place to work and help the person serves in their everyday living.
Poor leadership and lack of mission focus
Case Manager/QDDP/QMHP (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 20, 2014
Leadership was not able to maintain organizational vision, mission, or overall strategy. Ultimately this is why the company failed to remain productive and profitable.
Pros
quality employees
Cons
poor leadership and management
fun
Community Family Based Service (Former Employee) –  washington,ncAugust 4, 2014
great bunch of people. most enjoyable part is helping others.
Pros
fun
Cons
salary
Productive workplace
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 24, 2014
Typical Day includes assisting clients with disabilities with their daily task. I also manage the house and make sure that it is running smoothly. I conduct house meetings, as well as scheduling doctor appointments for my clients.

I have learned to be diverse. I have also learned how to manage people correctly. I have learned to manage my time and get priorities done first.

The hardest part of my job is making sure everyone is working together as a team, even when they do not all get along.

Most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am making a difference in my clients lives.
Fun work setting
Homemaker/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHApril 19, 2014
I have been employed with Life, INC for going on two years in June 2014. The work is fun, not a fan of the environment.
It did not have steady hours
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edenton, NCDecember 4, 2013
I enjoy the people I worked with and the consumers.
How to help the consumers every day
Management was good
My co-workers were nice and friendly
Pros
the consumers need help each day
Cons
no steady hours
A day in my shoes
Habilitation Technician II (Current Employee) –  Edenton, NCSeptember 26, 2013
At my current job I am known for getting my work done, never leaving anything undone. I am a fast learner and can adapt to changes quickly. I can get bored at times when doing the samethings so i try to change up the way things are done.
Pros
ability to be myself and show my skills
Cons
not enough space for growth
Fun place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCMarch 13, 2013
Got along great with all my co-workers. I worked closely with all the clients and some of their family's.
Pros
enjoyed it.

Want to know more about LIFE, Inc?

Ask a question
If you're friends with the owners, you're golden
Direct Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 4, 2012
Overall, an ok place to work. A typical day included taking care of clients need and you are free to do so as you see fit. Co-workers are awesome. Management is VERY unorganized. They are very client focused, which was great.
Pros
clients, co-workers
Cons
management
Long Term Care Facility - Intellectual Disabled Individuals
Accounting Clerk / Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCOctober 11, 2012
The most enjoyable part o this job is the flexibility. I enjoy working with special needs and assisting them in their daily activities.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no advancement
Boring
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 12, 2012
A typical day at life inc. would be clocking in then feeding the clients a snack. afterwards it would be chorus(which the staff assist the clients on). next its leisure where they can do an activity such as arts and crafts. staff memebers prepare and serve food. clients assist. Bath then bed which the staff members would assist all clients. I learned on this job to love respect and accept people even tho they have an disability, because they are human and just like me and someways. The management on this job was poorly. My coworkers got along, all came together to get whatever work that needed to be done. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when a client would have an unexpected behavior or medical emergency. The most enjoyable part of the job was the outing they a have for people with disablities. there was always somewhere to go or do for them.

2.6