Progressive social service agency serving 150+ individuals located in the north metro area looking for program Coordinators. Our Coordinators play a vital role within this agency.
Their responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, implementing and coordinating the supports and service plans for persons with developmental disabilities or related conditions.
- Provide direct care, including personal cares and physical supports as part of regular schedule.
- Provide leadership and supervision of direct support professionals demonstrating integrity, professional boundaries and providing constructive feedback.
- Facilitate, attend and participate in meetings and trainings in a professional manner.
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees, families and case managers using excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Arrange, plan and facilitate IDT meetings and completes follow up paperwork.
- Ensure Health and Safety Guidelines are followed according to applicable rules, regulations and agency policies and procedures. Follows and promotes the agency's mission and philosophy.
- Participate in licensing audits and performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A four year degree in a Social Service Field, Health Care/Long Term Care Field or Human Serivces field with verifiable related education, at least one year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities AND experience supervising a team of staff.
- A two year degree in a Social Service Field, Health Care/Long Term Care Field or Human Services feild, two years experience working with individuals with development disabilities AND experience supervising a team of staff.
- At least ONE year experience as a Coordinator or Manager of an SLS/group home setting.
- Must have experience developing and implementing general and behavioral support programs, including point system and crisis plans.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to balance requirements of multiple and varied duties.
- Ability to be assertive when needed with individuals and staff.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Maintains excellent organizational skills.
- Must be at least 21, able to pass a driving record check, have a valid Minnesota Drivers License, proof of car insurance, able to pass a Background Study and a M. A. Fraud check. EOE/AA
Schedule will include some direct care shifts during evenings and weekends, 35 hrs. per week.
Direct Care positions also available PT and FT in metro area including: Andover, Blaine, Coon Rapids, Fridley, New Hope, Ramsey, and Robbinsdale.
Life By Design, Inc.
Mission Statement: Life By Design, Inc. is committed to promoting the principals of self-determination in the lives of people with disabilities by listening and responding to families and individuals we support.
Salary: $28,000-38,500 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time
Location: New Hope, MN or Ramsey County
Indeed - 10 months ago