Life Care Centers of America

Life Care Centers of America Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,110 reviews
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NV 89511January 12, 2017
One of the best things about working at Life Care Center is that no two days are exactly alike. I learned a lot about patient care and geriatrics in particular. The management at Life Care is top notch and my co-workers are some of the most patient and hardest working I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Terrible.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 10, 2017
If you don't like the elderly, its not the right job for you. I spent most of my time here listening to other employees talk down to residents. It was terrible. The cooks were drunk 99% of the time.
Pros
Not to hard work. Repetitive.
Excellent Climate and Culture
Information Technology - corporate associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 9, 2017
Life Care is a great company to work for. While the pay may not be the best they do pay pretty well. The best thing about Life Care is their culture. Life care has a very professional, hardworking, "willing to help" culture. Company associates are willing to help advance your career. The culture promotes unselfishness and is very team oriented. Never felt disrespected by my boss.
ALWAYS understaffed
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIJanuary 9, 2017
40-48 residents with 3 or 4 CNA and only one nurse. 10 nurses is fully staffed ( they ususally schedule 7), 4 called in sick today. New hires come and go very quickly. Life care used to have the CPR renewal on site at no charge to the employee, but they didn't pay the CPR trainer so she quit. Get your own CPR training and pay for it yourself.
Pros
free lunch on your birthday!
Cons
Management, low pay, too much overtime, paper MARs and TARs, no paid holidays.
educational
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 9, 2017
I worked night shift at the nursing home and I would go in and I would get report and start to go to work and there were nice co- workers there on the night shift. all got along to get the work done.
Prefer not to participate
Executive Assistant to the Director of Nurses (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJanuary 8, 2017
Unfortunately my hours changed from second shift to first shift up until then the DON at the time was very accommodating when it came to my schedule. Other than that I prefer not to comment. I feel everyone's experience is different and I would prefer to not participate.
Love this place!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2017
I love working a this place! Feels like a family to be working here. They work with you in every aspect. I love the Administrator, she is very dedicated to the facility and employees. The DON could be a little more proactive and fair, but over all I love this company.
Productive and positive work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Market, VAJanuary 6, 2017
Life Care Centers of America is a Nursing Home, I was employed as a Certified Nurse Aide. I learned very useful tips and strategies. I have in depth experience with medical terminology, extensive hands on experience, as well as people skills.

I learned how to work in a stressful work environment, how to be productive and manage time wisely, and patient care strategies.

Management was very pleasant to work with, as well as co-workers. It was a very positive work environment. The hardest part of the job was the work load and time restrictions. I enjoyed taking care of my residents and establishing good relationships with them.
Pros
Bonuses if you came in when asked, free meals, and the opportunity to advance my experience.
Cons
Short breaks, heavy work load, and long hours on the job.
New Culture
Housekeeper Aide (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 6, 2017
Nice place to work. Learn from different and different family. An okay hours. Nothing else to say. A lot to learn from different job positions.
productive and fun place to work with several growth opportunities,
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 5, 2017
As a therapeutic recreation specialist, I was able to develop, run and execute programs that met the needs of all those who participated. I got to know residents and their families, through interacting with them, as well as filing out in-patient surveys.

A typical day included preparing what activities I will be running that day, inviting residents to the activities and adapt that activity to meet each individual participant for full enjoyment of the activity. I would meet with individual residents 1 on 1, to figure out their individual activity needs. From these activities, I learned how to quickly think on my feet to adapt the activity, and work with all personalities.

My co-workers were fun and easy to get along with, We helped each other with activities and coming up with different ideas for activities that changed things up.

The hardest part of the job was, watching people I enjoyed pass away. I got to know several of them on a personal level, they became like family, and watching them decline was hard.

The best part of my job was seeing people laugh and have a good time, knowing that I had something to do with it. Taking residents on outings so see Christmas lights, shopping or the fall colors in the mountains.
Pros
Working in a fun filled environment, great benefits and hours., and close to home.
Cons
Salary was hard to live off of, had to find a part-time job to make ends meet.
Over all great company to work for
CNA I (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZ/ paradise valleyJanuary 5, 2017
I have worked for life care for almost 13 years altogether . It is a wonderful company and many opportunities for advancement. Insurance was very good and it is a family oriented company. I worked in the altztimers / behavior unit for most of my time with the company .
Love the residents I care for
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 5, 2017
This is a great place to work. The residents make the days brighter with all of their love to give. They make my day, everyday!
Facilities were great, management and staff was average.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 4, 2017
LCC of A was a decent PRN job because of multiple facilities. Management lacked personal feeling. Pay was good however.
pleasent place to work.
Certifiedd Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 3, 2017
The employees do their best to ensure the residents are well cared for. The therapy department does an excellent job helping residents. The activity department entertains the residents on a daily basis.
Pros
Good atmosphier.
Cons
Sometimes work load is overwhelming.
Productive and dependable workplace
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 2, 2017
great place for employment. Have worked for this company for quite awhile and thoroughly enjoy the environment as well as my co workers.
Productive fast paced environment with friendly staff members.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Old Hickory, TNJanuary 2, 2017
Working for Life Care was a wonderful experience with multiple opportunities for staff members to advance. I miss working with the staff members there because they were more like a second family. I only left due to relocating with my spouse.
Pros
Friendly staff members
Cons
needs better systems to keep up with fast paced environment
Nursing Home in Beatiful building rehab
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 2, 2017
Work overnight with a staff of two, patient load of approximately 35-40, rehab patients, Lots of autonomy on the night shift, learned about how patients rehab and had in-depth training on identifying ways to prevent re-hospitalization of patients. I work with a dedicated bunch of nurse and staff, The overnight shift is hard to staff when someone as to call in. The overnight staff is fun and like a family.
Its a job.
RN (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 2, 2017
It's a job. Your patient load is 12-16 for skilled nursing and 19-24 for long term patients. It's just a job. Pass meds, wound care ect. Everyone is pretty busy so help is limited when you need it.
Pros
Its a job!!!
Cons
Over worked.
Productive and fun workplace.
PRN Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAJanuary 1, 2017
Great management team and great facilities to work for. Lifecare takes time to develop its team by training and offers free continuing education training to maintain your skills and licensing.
Pros
Location= good snf
Cons
documentation technology
Na
NA (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 31, 2016
The executive director and the director of nursing are the worst managers I've ever seen. They are not friendly and do not appreciate good employees. Their main concerns is money not the patient. The turnover rate is phenomenal and it is beyond me how they have not raised red flags with corporate. There is no accountability for wrongdoing. They have no extended training for new CNAs. The director of nursing is one of the laziest people I've ever seen. All he ever does is walk around with a big Swig and sits in his office while assistant director of nursing does all of his work for him. No wonder she walks around with a frown on her face all day.
Pros
Great therapy department
Cons
Horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Care Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Life Care Centers of America Reviews by Location