Life Care Centers of America Employee Reviews

Life Care Center of Westminster
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 22, 2017
Typical Long Term Care Facility
Heavy work load and not enough time to care for residents properly.
Always felt rushed.
The facility really needs updated. Major problems with plumbing backup.
Pay not relative for experience.
Pros
Good teamwork with CNA's
Cons
Rushed, overworked, facility needs updated/remodled
pay was good, but regional management and facility administrator were poor!
Occupational Therapy Assistant, OTA/L (Former Employee) –  Wartburg, TNNovember 21, 2017
I had 6-8 hours of work a day. It was my first job, so I learned from a bunch of foreign supervisors their cultures of therapy. I had either travel therapists or foreign ones. The regional management was poor, as well as the facility administrator. I did enjoy the local therapists though.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Clinical Experience
Long Term Care/Rehabilitation Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MANovember 20, 2017
I loved being there for my longterm clinical experienve.The nurses were great, as well as the CNAs/PCAs. However, when we rotated to the Rehab unit, the nurses were not friendly at all.It seemed like we were just inthe way and I didn't learn very much from them.
Coworkers
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 20, 2017
Coworkers judge continuously and never help to learn more.
no room for advancement
I was doing extra work for less than what i was being paid for.
Learned very minimal about the job that i was doing.
Failure to communicate
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDNovember 20, 2017
Working at Lifecare isn't all that hard. It's the same old same old with any long term care facility. But when working with the Management it can be rather annoying and stressful. Due to lack of transparency upon hiring me I wound up taking a 25 cent cut in pay taking it down to $12.50 per hour instead of the desired $12.75 and when I asked about the sign on bonus that I was told comes with being hired. I was told that that was only if they got an agreement to work full time for a year. So yeah, when working with lifecare, be careful about the salary. Make sure to make it abundantly clear that you'll only work for X amount and that if they try and give you Y, which is a lesser sum. You're going to walk. Places ALWAYS want CNA's. And if they're desperate enough. They'll hire you no matter what.
Pros
The residents are amazing and very sweet
Cons
Lack of communication between management and CNA's is limited to monthly mass meetings
So-So
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WANovember 19, 2017
This company only cares about its bottom line and the importance of that bottom line leaves the facility short staffed; CNA' s scrambling, floor nurses watching their backs and RCM's beat down. There are many broken systems that are not fixed, just built upon.
Pros
residents
Cons
management
Physical Therapist Assistant - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Globe, AZNovember 19, 2017
This is a great place and company to work for. At my location there is a laid back atmosphere. As long as you get your work done, and keep up with your 80% productivity rating, you will find little to complain about. The facility has a community feel to it, and most staff are very friendly.
Pros
Competative salary
Benefits
The staff is great , although changes in management can be difficult.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WANovember 19, 2017
Fun loving staff. Management can be overbearing.
The hardest part was adapting to the changing expectations and management turnover. The CNA staff is reliable and friendly, while the nurses work very hard and are often super stressed.
Lifecare has been very good to me over the years
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 18, 2017
I was able to work PRN while I was a teacher and a coach. Unfortunately when I needed a full-time job in the past years they have not had a position. So I ended up at the Center at Centennial
Pros
Fellow Therapists
Cons
High turn-over in administration
Don't pay enough
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, MONovember 18, 2017
The job doesn't pay enough. I have to work myself to death just to get a decent paycheck. I need a job that will pay me enough money without killing myself in the process.
Pros
Closer to home
Cons
Not enough pay
Good job
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INNovember 18, 2017
Great job. Also wonderful people. Wonderful pacients. I love all the people. Just wish it wasn't temporary. Also low pay. Hard work. Always busy plenty of work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Temporary
Treated poorly by Upper Management, including HR.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Old Hickory, TNNovember 17, 2017
I have never been treated more poorly, than I was treated by the upper management at LCCOHV. However, I worked with the best Nurses, CNAs, and Therapy Department. The problem is, we were all treated poorly by Upper management.
Fun
LPN Charge Nursej (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 15, 2017
Loved my experience with them would work for them again fun environment. Pleasant staff. Helpful management. Pleasant residence and the aids are very hard working and helpful to the nurses.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Sometime lunch was cold
It was a decent job!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 15, 2017
This job was comfortable and okay just like any other job doing nursing work at a Rehab/Nursing home. Nothing to really tell but hold your head up high and smile to everyone no matter what and stay on task at all times. If not busy LOOK like it.
Pros
A job is a job and I have nothing else to say about this place of employment.
Cons
A job is a job, just stay away from the politics!
Productive and a fun place to work. Co-workers were friendly and I enjoyed working with them.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 15, 2017
My day was very busy supporting the Directors of Rehab/Clinical Services. Hardest part of my day was keeping up with all survey documentation from 29 facilities (daily and annual surveys). Management was excellent to work for. They were very supportive and understanding. Co-workers were also support and quick to help out if needed. I learned a lot during my short time with LCCA. Would recommend working there.
Pros
Some flexibility in hours if needed. Very enjoyable atmosphere.
Cons
No receptionist. Had to constantly take my work up to the front desk very other week.
Ok place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNNovember 13, 2017
I helped clients with everyday living skills such as: clothing, bathing, and eating very rewarding job if you enjoy working with special needs they worked well with your schedule
Pros
Chances to win paid days off
Cons
Had to wait a yr the get your vacation
Life Care Center of Westminster
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 10, 2017
Good place to work as a receptionist. very busy place, clean place. very nice work place. Seem to all ways be shortage of nurses or staff on units. Very good place for rehab and long-term care.
Pros
No Pro's
Cons
No cons
Very home and clean enviroment
RESIDENT CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDNovember 9, 2017
Enjoyed working here and would definitely recommend this place to someone in need of long term care and or SNF care. The Lewiston home is very well maintained and a beautiful setting with a great nursing staff.
Pros
Working with the geriatric population
Cons
not guaranteed 40 hours per week
Ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 9, 2017
It's ok I didn't like it they take jobs from you without telling you and place someone else in your position without any explanation it's not a fair place it's ok sometimes but I didn't like it
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Fun working enviornment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plainwell, MINovember 8, 2017
Working here is a joy, I am happy to come to work each day. The staff is always helpful, respectful, and enjoyable. The management is understanding of patient situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Care Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9