Life Care Centers of America

Life Care Centers of America Employer Reviews

Awful place of employment
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee), Acton, MASeptember 18, 2014
I really can not say much about working here. Definitely one of the worse places I have ever been employed. I cared so much about the patients I took care of and I did it with pride and at the end of the day felt good when I left but because of the management and horrible nurses I just could not be apart of the company any longer so I left.
back stabbing
Director of nursing (Former Employee), Denver COSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: just a name in the company
Management does not support us. TN doesnt care about their employees. Low pay and raises. Not the place to bring people that your love. Does not take care of their residents or staff.
Loved working with the patients, but the staff was not great.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Old Hickory, TNSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch, help the elderly, and great benefits
Cons: people not doing their jobs
Working with the elderly and disabled was great, fun, and fulfilling. I learned how to handle Alzheimer patients, and difficult people, such as family members of patients. Most of the people that worked their though did not care for the patients. They did not like dealing with the patients, and did nothing but complain. They would make very rude and – more... unprofessional remarks behind their backs. Some people did not even do their job right, and would mess up orders and such, without even caring. Even the executive director didn't following rules. For example, we were not suppose to put silverware on the tables according to corporate, but he felt it was "unprofessional" not to put them on so he made us. The hardest part was watching the patient get mistreated, the best part was making them smile, and actually making them feel like someone cares. – less
Reasonably good place to work most of the time
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Billerica, MAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, weekend bonus
Cons: nsg understaffed and overworked
Initially, a friendly, professional environment that co workers took pride in. Over the last couple of years, the morale has gone downhill as well as quality of care.

However, I did learn many skills,i.e. all modalities, Closed Pulsed Irrigation for Wounds, Dementia training.

Ongoing inservices were a bi-monthly occurance until a couple of years ago.

Co-workers – more... were great!! – less
fun place to work, lots of extra family acitivities
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: benefit package could be better and chance for advancement
Have worked for Lifecare in various states and was impressed with the activities that were planned for employees and their families outside of work. Enjoyed the recognition that was given to individuals for their accomplishments.
Enjoyed working as a coordinated team to provide rehab services.
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, WAAugust 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with rehab, nursing, and administrative staff in a coordinated team approach. We approached our jobs with seriousness and conscientiousness and had fun interacting with each other.
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee), Port Townsend, WAJuly 27, 2014
It is very rewarding to assist people towards recovery. Life Care values both employees, residents, and their families.
big bad wolf
CNA (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: the residents
Cons: gossip, no advancement possibilityes unless your a bad wolf yourself.
Covering up for mistakes such as give a resident the wrong medication or take away coffee and cookies privileges of another resident because the CNA's don't want to clean up after them and have to put them to bed late is a common, daily thing. The worst part is when you report it to management or say something about you are called a snitch by your co-workers – more... and a liability by your manager! – less
unrealistic expectations for the amount of obstacles placed in front of you.
COTA (Former Employee), Pueblo, ColoradoJuly 16, 2014
Pros: wonderful rehab staff and residents
Cons: poor management with favoritism
Therapy co-workers and residents were great. Poor rehab management with inconsistencies for diciplinary actions across the board, employee to employee (favoritism). Efficiency expectations were too high for the amount of non-productive tasks expected from rehab staff. No longevity job security, even after more than 2 decades of good service. Wages not – more... consistent with credentials.and experience across the board. – less
Not a good experience.....
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNJuly 15, 2014
Pros: close to home.
"Clicky" environment. Extremely high turnover. Heavy atmosphere.
LTC building with a busy rehab floor
Weekend Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee), Billerica, MAJuly 9, 2014
Being the weekend nursing supervisor many issues can arise throughout my day, my day is never typical. I most generally spend the first hour of my morning dealing with staffing issues. Unless other wise indicated during my morning rounds I get the status of the 124 residents that I am responsible for. I have learned many things in the past 14 months – more... but the greatest thing I gained is adaptability in a stressful situation. My co-workers vary from day to day, some nurses can be very reliable while some need extra supervision. The hardest part of my current job is staffing and what I love most about my job is that I am a leader. I have strong leadership skills and enjoy utilizing them. – less
Huge company, lots of facilities
Therapist (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good money if you are willing to sign a contract
Cons: same problems as any medicare contractor
Life Care is a huge company, all of the facilities are different. I have worked in three. My experience has been that the smaller and more rural, the better.
educational job experience
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Crossville, TNJuly 1, 2014
Worked with many great people and had wonderful residents to care for.
All smiles..... with a wolf's heart
Nursing staff (Former Employee), TNJune 24, 2014
False claims that they operate on a Judeo-Christian based ethos.
Retaliatory mindset when you don't march lock step. (which leads to extremely high turn over rate)
Mandatory overtime due to staffing challenges ( not allowed to say short staffed)
No concern about how practices affect clients or staff ie client to staff ratios. (which leads to extremely – more... high turn over rate)
Extra "mandatories" without compensation.
Corporate policies & procedures are not followed when they conflict with productivity, which leave staff (not management) exposed to liability & license concerns.
Poor orientation/training. (which leads to extremely high turn over rate)
Breaks are very rare but they nickel & dime you by removing it from your check anyway.
As a result of all of the above, you work yourself numb and still feel like you are short changing your clients. – less
Nice workplace and co-workers.
Janitor (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: annually evaluation.
Cons: weak supervision
A wonderful place to demostrate working as a team menber. No so many opportunities of advancement.
Terrible corporate management
Former employee (Former Employee), ColoradoMay 20, 2014
Pros: residents
Cons: drama, gossip, petty bickering
Management in the facility was not supportive, often hindering cohesiveness between all staff members. This company cares more about image than fostering a healthy happy work environment, and a huge separation from management and general staff.
A really productive and educational place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Bellflower, CAMay 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches when working overtime, healthcare, employee of the month recognition.
It is a place where you can learn different cultural backgrounds. I have learned how to speak in a different language and how to communicate better with residents of different backgrounds. Management there are understanding, friendly and firm when the occasion calls for it. Co-workers are helpful, great people to be around and those that have been there – more... long are very informative in resident care. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the residents. – less
The residents that live here are wonderful to be around.
Director of Health Information (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 5, 2014
Some of the staff are great. My day was very busy dealing with the Dr.'s, and staff, I filed medical information in the charts, credentialed doctors, filed in closed charts and filed any deceased residents information when needed to be closed out. I attended management meetings, medicare meetings and month end for the charts.
Good co-workers, like to get along
Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 1, 2014
A good place to go and work. Staff are attentive to patients' needs but need more follow up.
terrible turnover
COTA (Former Employee), Stoneham , MaApril 19, 2014
Pros: good therapists
Cons: terrible management
terrible company Management micro manages to get increased productivity

1 2 3 4 5

About Life Care Centers of America

If you or a loved one has reached the Golden Age of retirement, there's a good chance Life Care Centers of America¬†offers a service – Read more