Life Care Centers of America

Life Care Centers of America Employer Reviews

Don't apply for employment at Life Care
CNA (Current Employee), Cleveland,TNFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: getting to know your residents/patients
Cons: backstabbing co-worker nurses reguardless of rank
You get accussed of dangerous vitals you did not take, and you get blessed out for taking your break after your back is killing you from no help with rolling over patients at brief change or transfer to bathroom, and there is no night security on the premises while you do a 3-11 or 7pm-7am shift in case of outraged patient or taking trash out to bins when it is dark at night. Any idiot could ne watching & waiting to attack you behind the trash bin when there is not enough light or security& security cameras.
Toxic Environment
nurse (Current Employee), LittletonFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: patients
Cons: toxic environment, overworked, low pay, no support from management
Horrible company to work for! They only care about the money and not the patient care or safety. They rule with intimidation, threats and bullying. There is no experience or consistency in upper management so it's like they make it up as they go and then change the answer if someone different asks. No training and little orientation. A lot of the staff are rude, lazy and "run the show." Feel sorry for the patients and family.
Don't bother
Cna (Former Employee), New Albany, IndianaFebruary 2, 2015
I was promised a raise after a year but after two and a half years I never saw one. I was promised back pay for these raises but I have yet to see it. After finally quitting I was supposed to get vacation days paid out but I only received half of them. I don't recommend working here. The pay sucks and the workload is too heavy.
Good work environment with Multidisciplinary Cooperation and goodwill
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), Morristown, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good education opportunities
Good work environment with positive co-workers and good pt care. Great therapy gym, facilities, and equipment. Flexible schedule with weekend and PRN opportunities in additional facilities
The organization is acute rehabilitation facility
Physical therapist (Former Employee), Riverview, MIJanuary 13, 2015
Its a big organization and got around 250 branches through out america. the management helps and motivates employees to express their ideas and concerns, and are encouraged to participate in, and feel a part of, the organization.the management treats employees with respect, regardless of race, religion, culture, ethnic or other backgrounds. good team to work with.
Becareful of Desert Cove, Chandler AZ
RN (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Cons: very micromanaged
I interviewed at several life cares and was told a starting wage based off of a chart that goes by years of experience. Upon accepting a job at Desert Cove, I ASSUMED they did the same thing, upon receiving my first pay check I received $6.00 less than quoted at the other Life Cares. I asked and was told that was the way it was. Just be careful and don't every ASSUME anything, I learned the hard way.
Flexible and understanding of employee needs
COTA/L (Current Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits, decent pay. flexible time offf
Cons: dealing with medicare ..thats everywhere
Productivity is in the 80's compared to some places in the 90's. Most of the manager are amazing to work for with lots of experience. Flexible to time off and understanding to employees needs. I go in with a smile and leave with a smile. I know not all places are like this but the Manager at Villa Is awesome to work for.
Don't waste your time
Nurse (Former Employee), IndianaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: ummmm a small very small pay check
Cons: 1% raise
My mother always said if you have nothing good to say then shut your mouth!
terrible!!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Collegedale Life Care Center of AmericaJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: residents, fellow employees friendly
Cons: underpayed, terrible management, hr
This job definately makes you feel like your work is worth something when you get around the residents. Other than that and the people you work with there isnt much left to say is good about the place. This is a very two faced management ran nursing home. The management does not have any concern for their employees. The chef would sexually harrass the diatary aides and the HR would just overlook it. They have different color clip boards and when you see a certain color you are supposed to be on your best behavoir because they are showing around a potential client. The pay is terrible. They are always short staffed in the kitchen making it mandatory for you to work insane hours. No one wants to stay due to these conditions. The corporate woman they send down to inspect the kitchen is terrible and treats all the employees as if they are beneath her. If you want a great job with good benefits and leadership dont apply here.
Fantastic Interdisciplinary Communication
COTA/L (Current Employee), Columbia, TNDecember 10, 2014
The interdisciplinary communication is top notch! The insane commute is offset by my happiness as a result.
a good job to put your foot in the door
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 3, 2014
Pros: once in a while extra lunch breaks
Cons: not enough cna's alsp low maintenances
A typical day at work would include me waking, showering, dressing. taking vitals and take patient to breakfast, while at breakfast I would pass out treys and feed those who couldn't feed themselves. After breakfast I would take patients back to there rooms to change them and assist those could use the restrooms by themselves but needed a little assistants. When evening came I would take the second sets of vitals for my patients then I would take them to lunch and serve them after lunch I would change those who need to be changed and then take my last set of vitals and then I would go home.
I learned how to chart properly and how to have patience with the elderly and those who can not function on their own .I did not receive great help from some of my fellow employees. Some employees did make it hard for me though some of them didn't take care of there set of residents which made it little tough for me because sometimes I had to take care of 14 patients sometimes and the management really didn't care of there residents or the employees also the maintenance there was not so good but through all that did enjoy helping the residents and made great friendships
worst company of life care centers
cna (Former Employee), north billerica,maNovember 19, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: everything
management is the worst they do not support you in anything. Always working short. Rude nurse. Always watch your back you can't trust anyone. Honestly its like high school all over again
good atmospher
LPN Supervisor (Current Employee), Ooltewah, TNNovember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
.the hardest part of the day was learning time management but once you get that it's great. Very fast pace
Back stabbing
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Morgan, ColoradoNovember 3, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything
They will backstab you the minute you do not do what they want, even if what they want you to do is unethical. Poor management starting with the ED. They only treat you well when they need a shift covered.
Laid back but hectic environment.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Littleton, CONovember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, get to work with people, and get to work with a team.
Cons: management needs to be more organized, people call out of work too often.
Good place to work with a good group of people. However the management needs to get more organized, and hire more people who will show up when they are supposed to.
Great people to work with
Registered Nurse/RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Longmont, CONovember 2, 2014
I love my job as a Case Manager and helping patients adjust to a rehab setting, helping them prepare for discharge and finding solutions for them in the community. The nursing staff is top notch and are willing to help. I have learned so much from all of the staff there and have made some great friends.
poor staffing
LPN (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNOctober 25, 2014
under paid staff. Great team work. Admin needs an overhaul ASAP
Good Facility
LPN MDS Coordinator (Former Employee), Banner Elk, NCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: poor life/work balance
Over all a good place to work - friendly and helpful staff. Poor life/work balance. Worked a lot of hours in this salary position.
excellent place of employment would definitley go back
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Westlake, OHSeptember 23, 2014
Enjoyable conversations with the young women and we shared past history to which they all are friends of mine still.
Awful place of employment
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee), Acton, MASeptember 18, 2014
I really can not say much about working here. Definitely one of the worse places I have ever been employed. I cared so much about the patients I took care of and I did it with pride and at the end of the day felt good when I left but because of the management and horrible nurses I just could not be apart of the company any longer so I left.

1 2 3 4 5

About Life Care Centers of America

If you or a loved one has reached the Golden Age of retirement, there's a good chance Life Care Centers of America offers a service – Read more

Life Care Centers of America Photos