Life Cycle Engineering Employee Reviews in United States

People Come First
Senior Audit Readiness Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 26, 2016
On an engagement that serves as a sub-contractor to Booz Allen Hamilton on-site full time. Despite the physical disconnect, LCE makes a concerted effort to be there for us at all times. When we get together for training, happy hours, holiday parties, it feels like family getting together. Great colleagues, the best CEO I have ever had the pleasure of working for.
Company that supports other organizations and communities
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 15, 2015
Hardest part of the job is not having much support from the client when needed. Some people act like we are still in High School (talking behind other people's back but act nice to them when they are around that same person they talk bad about). This is a business and should be conducted in such a manner.
Great energy and sense of purpose
Senior Reliability Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 9, 2015
I love the work helping clients achieve excellence. Great emphasis on providing training and experience and having their employees bocome thought leaders in their field.
Employee centric company
OFFICE OPERATIONS MANAGER/AFSO (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Life Cycle is a fabulous company to work for. Everyone from the CEO down were treated with the utmost respect. The word "family" wasn't just a trendy buzzword. All employees felt part of a family.
The work was challenging and rewarding. I looked forward to going to work each day. The office environment was a healthy balance of work and friendship.
Pros
flexible work hours
Supportive and challenging work environment
Master Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Management is very supportive in their efforts to ensure that you are fully equipped to perform you duties. From the Owners and upper management to the immediate supervisors, every employee was supported and included within the organization. Even as a technician, I felt that the upper management knew me personnaly and not just by a file.

Fully believed that my supervisor ensured that my abilities were utilized to the best of their abilities by placing me in a postion to challenge myself and strive to impove my knowledge.
Pros
close community organization, very supportive.
Cons
end of year funding sometimes intruded on needs to perform the job as contract worker.
Sub-Contractor with Sparc
Technical Requirements Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 9, 2015
Working for LCE has provided a great opportunity to work for a software development company on the VBMS Program. Working for the VBMS program has been very rewarding.
Good Company with good people
Financial Analyst (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Washington, D.C.June 17, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at LCE. They do a good job of promoting within and enhancing their employees. I would work here again.
Pros
MAnagement
Cons
Job security
A good stepping stone to further career development
Buisness Development, Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 21, 2013
- typical day includes administrative duties and purchasing.
- I have learned new computer systems and applications, as well as report development and increased my knowledge of purchasing.
- the hardest part of the job was slowing down my production time lines to meet with other coworkers schedules
- the most enjoyable part of the job was organizing reports, evaluating and refining purchasing orders, and decreasing unnecessary office expenditures.
Pros
-use of organization, discernment, attention to detail, purchasing
Cons
-no upward mobility or growth potential
LCE Review
Instructional System Designer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 12, 2013
LCE is a good place place to work. They are very flexible with the workforce and take as many opportunities as possible to verbally uplift their employees.

However, it is not a place for upward mobility unless you are an ex-officer.

There seems to b a lack of interest in pursuing new business opportunities, especially if it is not in the principal's domain of experience.
Pros
great comradery
Cons
contrator, so when a contact is up, there is no work.
Unstable but forced me to learn a great deal
Financial Analyst, (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2013
My days at work include looking at multitudes of data and trying to shape financial metrics and forecasts to help satisfy the needs of my customer, the United States Navy. I have learned how to be a leader and manage other in my short time with Life Cycle Engineering. Management has been tough. My first boss quit two months after I was hired and my current boss manages two other projects and is not in our office. The hardest part about the job is being a government contractor, we are not treated as equally as the government employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is my freedom to work with my client as I free of most management constraints
Pros
flexible wok life
Cons
the government is a mess right now
Good Place To Work
Scrum Master / Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 6, 2014
Progressive, Forward Thinking, I have been in the I.T. section although there are other facets of the company, as well.
Pros
great team building activities.
Cons
they need to broaden their scope of business.
Nerd Points are a Plus
Systems Integrator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 24, 2012
The culture is amazing. There are tons of bright people around willing to help with any problem you come across. There's a near-unlimited opportunity to learn something new every day.
LCE Cares!
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 12, 2014
Life Cycle Engineering has an amazing org. culture, especially now that an old senior executive left the company.

The company is completely open to discussing its health and stability with its employees, rather its partners - every employee becomes a company owner.

I have found that the work day is fast paced and challenging, but I can leave my work at the door when I go home for the day. I very rarely work more than 8-9 hours per day, even when project deadlines loom. I have found the work/life balance to be exceptional. Further, I have never experienced an issue being compensated for my time.

As a company whose core strength is providing consulting services, projects come and go, as a normal part of business life. I sincerely appreciate how the company communicates with employees, as projects come to an end. I have found that Life Cycle Engineering makes significant efforts to ensure that their employees are fully aware of potential reductions in force, as well as provide opportunities to find work; both within the company as well as with industry partners outside the company.

If you are a person who desires to create your own destiny, LCE is an amazing employer. If you are a person who prefers to sit and wait for opportunities to be presented to you, LCE will not be a good fit for you.
Pros
lce provides training and development opportunities are always available, all you need to do is ask; managers sincerely care about their employees' development.
Cons
new large projects can something bring in new co-workers who are not the best fit for the company
You don't want to work here if you have any self respect
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 1, 2014
I worked here for over 2 years. I was brought in with a very well defined understanding of my role in a software development team. After getting in the door the mood changes if you don't 100% comply with the ideas of management. If you wanted a great example of the types of situations you will find yourself in watch the youtube short, "The Expert".

LCE Management has no idea how to gauge technical talent because 90% of the managers in charge are not not technical and therefor think that engineers are being "negative" when they bring up technical issues. Management does not have transition plans in place from project to project and would dangle positions over my head and others to extort free uncharged labor to government projects. If you are desperate for a job you should consider LCE as a 1 year type of place... maybe 2 most.

The most demoralizing part of working here was watching management come down of highly intelligent engineers and watching those engineers walk out the door. I watch 10 team mates hired after me leave due to the lack of respect and support by managers. After being sold as a "flexible work schedule" I watched as myself and many team mates were forced to use vacation and sick time for appointments that could have been made up and overall was unreasonable. The overall turnover for the project was well above 50% among a 55ish person team over 1 year.

There is an old boys/girls network within management that completely halts any upward mobility. There is a lot of retaliation from management.
Pros
it's like living in a dilbert cartoon
Cons
no upward mobility, lack of respect of non management employees