Life Cycle Engineering Employee Reviews

An amazing place to work
Executive Assistant / Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk VAMay 3, 2017
The very best job I have ever had!!! They trust their employees to do their job and with that employees feel empowered to do their very best. The Company has taken very good care of me and has always encourage me to seek more knowledge and challenges.
Great Family Enviroment
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2017
LCE is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. everyone truly cares about you here. Managers really show interest in career progression, and training
Pros
Work time lunchs/events
Cons
Philadelphia Navy Yard
Excellent place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 6, 2017
Flexible hours and offering wide latitude in accomplishing objectives. Company focus is on engineering so developing a supply and logistics program was challenging. Great benefits package.
Pleasant work environment
Senior Logistician - DMSMS (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to work overall. Pay could be better and not much room for advancement but you are treated well and it's low stress. Also a great place to learn new skills.
Pros
treated well by management
Cons
don't pay as well as larger companies/govt. for similiar positions
Productive and fun workplace with amazing people and great parties
Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 30, 2017
Flexible work schedule and wonderful paople make this one of the best places to work in SC, they have also won the Best Places to Work award 11 years in a row.

The people and environment are what make this a truly remarkable company. They honestly care about their employees personal and professional development.
Small Company
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 4, 2017
It was an ok place to work. Management was a little weak. some co-workers were hard to get along with.

They didn't get a contract and had to lay-off a bunch of people. A lot of backstabbing went on after that.

No a lot of backing from management, they had their favorites.
Work on teams with highly qualified Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), great job satisfaction
Reliability Engineering Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 26, 2016
They treat their employees with respect, acknowledge and take advantage of your expertise.
They offered spectacular training during the first months of employment.
Travel with teams of expert to work with companies on improving their internal Reliability Engineering and Management processes.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of job security (although that could have changed since I was there). Employment was contingent of having contract work available.
The most enjoyable part the job was the respect, training and working with highly qualified and experienced experts.
Pros
Great training.
Cons
Travel, job security
Great Atmosphere
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2016
Flexible work hours, spirit of cooperation, everyone worked hard to put out a high quality product. Worked in Training department developing formal school courses for Navy Training Command.
Open arms environment
Senior Financial Analyst/Audit Readiness Support (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAFebruary 9, 2016
The company leadership is very approachable and they listen to the concerns of their employees. There has been some changes but the company keeps ticking.
People Come First
Senior Audit Readiness Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 26, 2016
On an engagement that serves as a sub-contractor to Booz Allen Hamilton on-site full time. Despite the physical disconnect, LCE makes a concerted effort to be there for us at all times. When we get together for training, happy hours, holiday parties, it feels like family getting together. Great colleagues, the best CEO I have ever had the pleasure of working for.
Company that supports other organizations and communities
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 15, 2015
Hardest part of the job is not having much support from the client when needed. Some people act like we are still in High School (talking behind other people's back but act nice to them when they are around that same person they talk bad about). This is a business and should be conducted in such a manner.
Great energy and sense of purpose
Senior Reliability Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 9, 2015
I love the work helping clients achieve excellence. Great emphasis on providing training and experience and having their employees bocome thought leaders in their field.
Good Company with good people
Financial Analyst (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Washington, D.C.June 17, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at LCE. They do a good job of promoting within and enhancing their employees. I would work here again.
Pros
MAnagement
Cons
Job security
Sub-Contractor with Sparc
Technical Requirements Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 9, 2015
Working for LCE has provided a great opportunity to work for a software development company on the VBMS Program. Working for the VBMS program has been very rewarding.
Employee centric company
OFFICE OPERATIONS MANAGER/AFSO (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Life Cycle is a fabulous company to work for. Everyone from the CEO down were treated with the utmost respect. The word "family" wasn't just a trendy buzzword. All employees felt part of a family.
The work was challenging and rewarding. I looked forward to going to work each day. The office environment was a healthy balance of work and friendship.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Supportive and challenging work environment
Master Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Management is very supportive in their efforts to ensure that you are fully equipped to perform you duties. From the Owners and upper management to the immediate supervisors, every employee was supported and included within the organization. Even as a technician, I felt that the upper management knew me personnaly and not just by a file.

Fully believed that my supervisor ensured that my abilities were utilized to the best of their abilities by placing me in a postion to challenge myself and strive to impove my knowledge.
Pros
Close Community organization, very supportive.
Cons
End of year funding sometimes intruded on needs to perform the job as contract worker.
LCE Cares!
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 12, 2014
Life Cycle Engineering has an amazing org. culture, especially now that an old senior executive left the company.

The company is completely open to discussing its health and stability with its employees, rather its partners - every employee becomes a company owner.

I have found that the work day is fast paced and challenging, but I can leave my work at the door when I go home for the day. I very rarely work more than 8-9 hours per day, even when project deadlines loom. I have found the work/life balance to be exceptional. Further, I have never experienced an issue being compensated for my time.

As a company whose core strength is providing consulting services, projects come and go, as a normal part of business life. I sincerely appreciate how the company communicates with employees, as projects come to an end. I have found that Life Cycle Engineering makes significant efforts to ensure that their employees are fully aware of potential reductions in force, as well as provide opportunities to find work; both within the company as well as with industry partners outside the company.

If you are a person who desires to create your own destiny, LCE is an amazing employer. If you are a person who prefers to sit and wait for opportunities to be presented to you, LCE will not be a good fit for you.
Pros
LCE provides training and development opportunities are always available, all you need to do is ask; Managers sincerely care about their employees' development.
Cons
New large projects can something bring in new co-workers who are not the best fit for the company
Good Place To Work
Scrum Master / Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 6, 2014
Progressive, Forward Thinking, I have been in the I.T. section although there are other facets of the company, as well.
Pros
Great team building activities.
Cons
They need to broaden their scope of business.
You don't want to work here if you have any self respect
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 1, 2014
I worked here for over 2 years. I was brought in with a very well defined understanding of my role in a software development team. After getting in the door the mood changes if you don't 100% comply with the ideas of management. If you wanted a great example of the types of situations you will find yourself in watch the youtube short, "The Expert".

LCE Management has no idea how to gauge technical talent because 90% of the managers in charge are not not technical and therefor think that engineers are being "negative" when they bring up technical issues. Management does not have transition plans in place from project to project and would dangle positions over my head and others to extort free uncharged labor to government projects. If you are desperate for a job you should consider LCE as a 1 year type of place... maybe 2 most.

The most demoralizing part of working here was watching management come down of highly intelligent engineers and watching those engineers walk out the door. I watch 10 team mates hired after me leave due to the lack of respect and support by managers. After being sold as a "flexible work schedule" I watched as myself and many team mates were forced to use vacation and sick time for appointments that could have been made up and overall was unreasonable. The overall turnover for the project was well above 50% among a 55ish person team over 1 year.

There is an old boys/girls network within management that completely halts any upward mobility. There is a lot of retaliation from management.
Pros
It's like living in a dilbert cartoon
Cons
no upward mobility, lack of respect of non management employees
LCE Review
Instructional System Designer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 12, 2013
LCE is a good place place to work. They are very flexible with the workforce and take as many opportunities as possible to verbally uplift their employees.

However, it is not a place for upward mobility unless you are an ex-officer.

There seems to b a lack of interest in pursuing new business opportunities, especially if it is not in the principal's domain of experience.
Pros
Great comradery
Cons
Contrator, so when a contact is up, there is no work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Cycle Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2