life fitness Employee Reviews

Accountability optional
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJuly 18, 2016
If you are a slacker and looking for a place to get paid you can hide here for a long time before you actually have to do work. If you are looking to be productive you will be micromanaged into oblivion. What Life Fitness considers management doesn't really have a clue and will destroy whatever enthusiasm you may posses. How they are so profitable year to year escapes me.
Pros
Coworkers are awesome
Cons
Great place to work, friendly atmosphere, great pay.
2nd Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNSeptember 21, 2016
10 hrs a day 4 days a week is the typical work week but during busy times of the year, employees will be expected to be at work 5 or 6 days a week (7 days a week occasionally). With hard work and determination, employees can advance quickly into different areas, or different departments.
Pros
4 day work weeks
Cons
Excessive mandatory overtime
Fast paced customer focused
Customer Service/Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILAugust 17, 2016
Enjoy the customer/field technician relationship. I enjoy troubleshooting, electrical, mechanical, software related issues with both consumer and commercial account clients along with the field technicians. I have created some great relationships during the years assisting techs in the field.
Past Employee of Life Fitness.
Customer Service Support (CSS) (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILNovember 24, 2015
I worked at Life Fitness through a temp service. Let me explain, Life Fitness only hires temps so they can evaluate who they want to convert to a permanent position. I was told it was a 3 month to hire position, The job was easy for me and I out performed my quota daily. I watched other temps that were brought on after me get converted before me. No room for advancement, I watched a great employee apply for several other positions outside the call center, and was told no every time, so he asked them to move him out of the call center or he will quit, they said goodbye. I have watched several good, hard working employees quit because they were trapped in a dead end job. Supervisors did their jobs, they were nice. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the day was sitting for long periods.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
NOT a career, Trapped & NO advancement.
productive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILAugust 9, 2016
I was only let go because of the work ran out work since it was only temporary.I was building excercise equipment. Our daily goal was to build at least 85 unit a day
It is a job
CPO Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Delavan, WIAugust 19, 2016
Monday - Friday, 40 - 45hr week, the pay is low but on time. I would not recommend to a friend, but then again at the end of the day, if you need a job it is a job.
Life Fitness is a decent place to work.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, MNJune 26, 2013
A typical work day varies by the season. sometimes the work load is a little hard to handle, sometimes it's smooth sailing. I have had the opportunity to advance many of my personal skills while working at Life Fitness. The management is, well, management. As with anyone else, they have their good days and their bad. The co-workers understand how to work with one another. A pretty laid back, fun group of people for the most part. I would say the hardest part of the job would be, lack of communication. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, would be my co-workers. They always bring smiles and laughs to the people around them!
Pros
paid (on site) lunches, benefits, incentive programs, on site workout facility...
Cons
there's not much room for advancement without a degree, "slow" season...
Awful
Painter (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNDecember 14, 2015
Long hours, with very short breaks.
Harassing coworkers, with no consequence.
They do not offer many shift options!
No employee appreciation, for going above and beyond!
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
short breaks, Cleanliness
Excellent place to work.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Frankli ParkMay 9, 2016
Its was nothing hard about the , great co-workers and I loved the fast pace.Supervisors where nice their listen to your advise and they had great attitudes.
Your Typical Werehouse Job
Life Fitness (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNJanuary 22, 2014
Typical day at work is go your assign station and perform your role.

There was really nothing new to learn, everything was pretty much common knowledge as I was in the QA inspection and packing station.

Management is management. They care, but I felt like an outcast from my co. worker as my personality did not blend with theirs.

Having to work 10 hours Co-workers will make light joke to pass time while seriously working. Every one was friendly and nice as well as willing to help each other when needed.

Hardest part of the job is the 10 hours shift, and in my case being station in a two men station but working alone. Most of the time I can handle the work load, but there are times when two men are needed and I have to handle it along making that portion of the job stressful.

Most enjoyable part of the job and the co-worker. Once again everyone was friendly even though I felt that I did not fit in the culture.
Pros
fun co-worker
Growing and challenging
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, MNMay 9, 2016
Company is growing really fast and has a ton of challenges ahead of them. People are great and work hard. Great pay and benifits
Good company to grow
Lead Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNJanuary 24, 2016
There are multiple opportunities to grow and seek more experience within this company. Many helpful supervisors and a good group of co-workers.
Pros
Growth within the company. 4 10 hour days with a 3 day weekend.
Very productive and rewarding environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Typically my experience with Life Fitness was very fast paced. I learned a great deal about the Fitness Industry and Project Management. The management team is very supportive with their employees and encourage advancement. My co-workers were very knowledgeable about the industry and customer needs.

The most difficult part of the job was assisting customers over the phone to walk them through difficult issues. However I did enjoy being allowed to go to customer sites and work with customers one on one.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
to much emphasis on revenue generation in support
Excellent co-workers, too many different products, not enough training on products
Customer Service and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILJune 25, 2012
I would make up quotations for customers and products for the machines, take orders for same and help determine what item was needed if they did not know a part number. I would also schedule appointments for repairs to be made to the machine if they could not do so themselves.

I learned about the different types of exercise machines and why they were needed.

My management was very concerned about the number of calls taken each day and less concerned with the quality of the calls, i.e. helping the customer.

My co-workers were very helpful in assisting me to find the right item when the customer did not have a part number or good descripiton of the product.

The hardest part of the job was looking at the drawings of the machines to find the correct item.

The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers.
Pros
excellent co-workers, good location, good salary
Cons
not enough training on actual machines, too much emphasis on number of calls taken.
Productive and learning Environmental.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILNovember 17, 2015
Life Fitness was a very casual dress fun place to work with a great
office atmosphere. This company had great benefit with great experience with co workers.
Fun place to work
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILDecember 27, 2014
Good work life balance company
Advancement opportunities are low as the company is small.
Pros
lots of opportunity to work out
Cons
industrial area, and office looks more like a factory
Great equipment
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILSeptember 5, 2013
too much politics in the office managers pit employees against one another. Hear its better now
Pros
employees made special occasions to build team managers did not
Cons
management did not let employees help build the company to be better
This place is strictly a quantity provider of parts and service to Life Fitness workout equipment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILFebruary 27, 2012
The management team has always said that they take great pride to provide the best quality service to our customers. The current management has time and again shown us customer service agents that we care more about quantity over quality in our work ethics and that quota is more important than doing things right the first time.
Pros
fun agents to work with, great attitudes from coworkers
Cons
management is strict, scheduling is strict, robotic, customer service department no perks
The Apple and Microsoft of the Fitness Industry
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2015
I worked with the original owner, who sold the company to Brunswick Corporation. They had some growing pains when BC to over, but there bottom line is strong and they spare no expense to get things right. Strong belief in relationship based strategy. They have been the leader of the fitness industry for a reason.
Pros
Innovative, forward thinking, strategic relationships
Cons
Below average pay by industry standards
hot and dirty, poor air quality and worse management ever seen in my 15 plus years in production
Lead Machine Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, MNAugust 13, 2015
mostly temps running machine and constant turn over of operators, maintenance mechanic's worst nightmare! The 24/7 on call duty rotating schedule is never explained to you until after you are hired, and it totally sucks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at life fitness. Our community is ready to answer.