life fitness

life fitness United States Employee Reviews

loved working for the company
Forklift Driver/Material handler (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILMarch 10, 2015
LIFE FITTNESS is a wonderful company to work for unfortunately i was layed off because my department moved out of state but i would recommend anyone to the company people friendly and great benifits.
Fun place to work
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Franklin Park, ILDecember 27, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunity to work out
Cons: industrial area, and office looks more like a factory
Good work life balance company
Advancement opportunities are low as the company is small.
Employees are the core of this business
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Schiller Park, ILOctober 19, 2014
Cons: lack of leadership, management experience
The company is mostly as good as it is due to a good bunch of dedicated employees but mostly that is all. Management is in meetings most of the day and rarely see's the actual performance of there own employees. I enjoy daily interaction with the veteran associate's as that is the only reason the company does so well as it is.
tm
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Product Specialist, specialize in orthopedic and neurosurgery medical equipment. Market to hospitals, physicians, and orthotists. Responsible for obtaining new accounts, while developing current business relationships. Educate medical staff on placement of halos and cervical collars. Instruct doctors during surgery.
Very productive and rewarding environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: excellent training
Cons: to much emphasis on revenue generation in support
Typically my experience with Life Fitness was very fast paced. I learned a great deal about the Fitness Industry and Project Management. The management team is very supportive with their employees and encourage advancement. My co-workers were very knowledgeable about the industry and customer needs.

The most difficult part of the job was assisting customers over the phone to walk them through difficult issues. However I did enjoy being allowed to go to customer sites and work with customers one on one.
Your Typical Werehouse Job
Life Fitness (Former Employee), Ramsey, MNJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: fun co-worker
Cons: long hours
Typical day at work is go your assign station and perform your role.

There was really nothing new to learn, everything was pretty much common knowledge as I was in the QA inspection and packing station.

Management is management. They care, but I felt like an outcast from my co. worker as my personality did not blend with theirs.

Having to work 10 hours Co-workers will make light joke to pass time while seriously working. Every one was friendly and nice as well as willing to help each other when needed.

Hardest part of the job is the 10 hours shift, and in my case being station in a two men station but working alone. Most of the time I can handle the work load, but there are times when two men are needed and I have to handle it along making that portion of the job stressful.

Most enjoyable part of the job and the co-worker. Once again everyone was friendly even though I felt that I did not fit in the culture.
My day working in the warehouse at Lifefitness
2nd Shift Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Ramsey MnOctober 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches every once in a while.
Start of the day with a meeting. Then start wrapping the units up and seeing what i can ship out. Then get a order ready to be picked. Then pick the order. Then do the paperwork up and print the lables for the order. At the end of the day clean the warehouse up
Great equipment
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: employees made special occasions to build team managers did not
Cons: management did not let employees help build the company to be better
too much politics in the office managers pit employees against one another. Hear its better now
Life Fitness is a decent place to work.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Ramsey, MNJune 26, 2013
Pros: paid (on site) lunches, benefits, incentive programs, on site workout facility...
Cons: there's not much room for advancement without a degree, "slow" season...
A typical work day varies by the season. sometimes the work load is a little hard to handle, sometimes it's smooth sailing. I have had the opportunity to advance many of my personal skills while working at Life Fitness. The management is, well, management. As with anyone else, they have their good days and their bad. The co-workers understand how to work with one another. A pretty laid back, fun group of people for the most part. I would say the hardest part of the job would be, lack of communication. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, would be my co-workers. They always bring smiles and laughs to the people around them!
Fast pace, competitive and enthusiastic environment.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILJanuary 30, 2013
A great place to work. They are the leader and innovator in the industry.
Productive and poor work environment
Painter (Former Employee), Ramsey, MNJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: poor protection for painters
Liked my job but they give a poor quality protection equipment.Sometimes it was hard to deal with people but I always treated everyone with respect.
A good company to work for but looking for a great company to work with in San Francisco
Field service Tech for Nor. Cal (Current Employee), Franklin Park, IL.November 12, 2012
Pros: schedule my day according to what i have in my portal
Cons: work comes home, because i work out of my home.
My day starts with logging in on my tech portal, calling customers, scheduling customer and ordering parts for repairs, making sure all parts are set and ready to go for the day. The hardest part of my job is making sure that I fix the unit in my first visit. My co workers are so spread out through the USA that is hard to maintain a close relationship but always in touch on the phone. And the most rewarding part of my job is to know that the customer is happy with my service.
Okay WorkPlace!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILSeptember 5, 2012
A little bit unorganized. They are just reformatting their customer focus department.
Excellent co-workers, too many different products, not enough training on products
Customer Service and Support Representative (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILJune 25, 2012
Pros: excellent co-workers, good location, good salary
Cons: not enough training on actual machines, too much emphasis on number of calls taken.
I would make up quotations for customers and products for the machines, take orders for same and help determine what item was needed if they did not know a part number. I would also schedule appointments for repairs to be made to the machine if they could not do so themselves.

I learned about the different types of exercise machines and why they were needed.

My management was very concerned about the number of calls taken each day and less concerned with the quality of the calls, i.e. helping the customer.

My co-workers were very helpful in assisting me to find the right item when the customer did not have a part number or good descripiton of the product.

The hardest part of the job was looking at the drawings of the machines to find the correct item.

The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers.
Cool product line but terrible managment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILJune 13, 2012
Pros: cool product line that is fun to design and build
Cons: terrible management with with no strategy coupled with political infighting, and questionable morals
Fitness products are great to work with because they are partly industrial and partly consumer orientated. This means that volumes are good, products must be rugged yet aesthetically pleasing - requiring good industrial design and integration between mechanical, electrical and software engineering. This combination also means that a range of design options await the engineer.

Management only focuses on bikes, cross trainers, treadmills and weight equipment so get used to designing these again and again and again. There is no direction or leadership, so these projects - even simple ones - will go on for years as decisions are continuously revisited. Once someone demands that a project must be finished ASAP, quality goes out the window. The result is continuous quality improvement and cost reduction efforts after a product has been released.

Promotions seem to be politically based, not based on ability or education. The company recently went to a matrix based management approach. This effectively adds another layer of management to a system that was already top heavy. A consequence is that more managers tell the few remaining workers a variety of conflicting tasks while giving managers easy scapegoats when things go very very badly.

Overall I would tell people to stay away from this place. It may be good for a young engineer who wants to learn the lay of the land, before venturing to greener pastures.
Fitness Equipment Mfg.
Senior Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILApril 19, 2012
Pros: fitness center on premisis
Cons: not enough employees
A subsidiary of Brunswick, Life Fitness is a fitness equipment manfacturer.
This place is strictly a quantity provider of parts and service to Life Fitness workout equipment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: fun agents to work with, great attitudes from coworkers
Cons: management is strict, scheduling is strict, robotic, customer service department no perks
The management team has always said that they take great pride to provide the best quality service to our customers. The current management has time and again shown us customer service agents that we care more about quantity over quality in our work ethics and that quota is more important than doing things right the first time.
Sales job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2012
Pros: work schedule, management
Cons: long hours, a lot of driving.
Management was great and over all learning experience. But worked alone most of the time.

About life fitness

Brunswick's business is everyone else's free time. The company is a global manufacturer of marine, recreation, and fitness products. – Read more

life fitness Salaries