Aircraft Mechanic –Fixed and Rotor Wing
Oregon, Washington and Idaho
Life Flight Network (LFN) was founded in 1978 and is one the country’s first air medical transport services. We are not-for-profit, focused on safety and quality and have transported over 90,000 patients throughout our 16 service areas in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We are owned and operated by a consortium of Oregon Health & Science University, Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, and Providence Health & Services-Oregon, and are proud to provide a joined strength of world-class health institutions, unique combination of air and ground ambulances, and highly skilled employees to communities in need.
We are passionate about our employee's success, creating an environment that inspires individuals to reach their highest potential. Our awards include 2009 Air Medical Program of the Year, #1 Large Non Profit Companies to work for in per Oregon Business Magazine, 2012 and #2, 2013.
The Aircraft Mechanic provides onsite maintenance support for Life Flight Network (LFN) aircraft including management of base inventory, planning and scheduling aircraft maintenance, maintenance of the base library and LFN owned ground support equipment. This position is also responsible for aviation maintenance including assisting in planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining services for LFN in compliance with LFN’s FAA Part 135 air carrier certificate.
LFN is currently recruiting Mechanics possessing the following qualifications for various Oregon, Washington and Idaho locations:
- Completion of two years of an Aviation Science trade or vocational school, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years as Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
- Airframe and Powerplant Certification
- Inspection Authorization Certification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations
- Three years of FAR 135 turbine rotorcraft maintenance experience on Augusta A119
- Three years FAR 135 fixed-wing aircraft maintenance experience on PC12
- Experience working for an EMS program preferred
- Ability to work on call, overtime, evenings, and weekends as needed
- Travel by personal or company vehicle throughout LFN’s service area is required. Must possess a valid Driver’s license, automobile in good repair and able to provide proof of auto insurance
- All candidates are subject to a drug screening and background investigation
LFN offers competitive compensation, growth opportunities, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life/AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Plan, Pet Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Volunteer Paid Time Off, and a generous Paid Time Off plan.
LFN is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, childbirth and related medical conditions or occurrences, age and physical or mental disability.
Please apply online at www.lifeflight.org