Life Inc. Employee Reviews

Hostile work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 6, 2017
Management is inept and has no idea how to treat people. Work place is not only hostile it is abusive!! There is no leadership and no vision and management blames everyone else. It is a horrible place to work. They also neglect and take advantage of seniors!!!
Pros
Cons
Owner/management
Very poor management
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 4, 2017
This company is the worst to work for. They do not care about the participants in helping them become independent. They do not care about their safety. The staff were instructed to not rate any of the participants as independent in any of their daily progress as it would take away their funding and; therefore, Life would not get any money for them. The majority of the staff are incompetent and do not think outside the box to help the participants and mainly sit on the couch and play on their cell phones. The management and the majority of staff do not encourage the participants to eat healthy, exercise or get involved in their choices to promote their progress. This company has set up a system that pits staff against staff. The management team is incompetent and do not support the staff, but more so promotes an unfriendly work environment. The pay sucks for the work provided and the company does not pay on time, incompetent office staff. No insurance benefits.
Pros
Participants
Cons
Management does not support staff, no benefits, low pay
I enjoy helping others
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Supply, NCFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at work is assisting those under my care with daily activities. I learned how diverse individuals are. Management was not understanding when conflict with client. Workplace culture is diverse. The hardest part of the job was getting attacked by the client. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Benefits
Cons
getting attacked
Very fun and friendly work enviroment.
Caregiver/Med Aide (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 8, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of helping your participant with daily functions of life. All the supervisors and co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a participant if they every get upset.
Pros
Having fun, not feeling like you are actually working.
Cons
Getting yelled at by an upset participant
Applicants must care!
Habitat Technician / Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJanuary 15, 2014
I enjoyed every moment of working for Life Inc. Wonderful staff and management, excellent residents, and a learning environment
Job is fun with nice calm atmosphere.
Hab Tech 2/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Supply, NCJanuary 9, 2014
Helping the consumers get dressed in the morning for school.
assisting the consumer while at school.
then help them in the independent day to day living.
Pros
great outtings
Cons
no bonuses
Flexable hours
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 4, 2013
I enjoyed working here. I got to grow as a manager. Made the day to day business discisions regarding the business as well as the employees, constantly learning how to manage co-workers and customers. Best part of the job was working with all the clients and making new friendships and the hardest part was letting employees go.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
No benefits
Very hands on.
Habilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 7, 2013
A typical day was getting the residents up, dressed, and ready for medications and breakfast. We also attended a day program with the residents where the performed daily academic and vocational objectives. Everyday was to just assist the residents as needed. While working for Life I did learn some sign language. The coworkers I worked with where awesome. They truly cared about the residents the cared for. Their really was no hard part of the job. We all work together and have great commutation skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a resident shine through their struggles.
"Christian Based Company" but values are anything but Christian
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WASeptember 11, 2012
This company is a privately owned company that claims to be Christian based. I was very disenchanted with the management team as there was lying, favoritism in spite of neglect and abuse issues, inappropriate relationships with married staff, bullying staff, etc. The management would pit staff against each other which created a hostile work environment, yell at staff and in my opinion mentally and verbally abuse staff. I would go to work a nervous wreck because there was absolutely no job security. I was made to give expired dietary supplement to one of our clients by my house lead via orders from the sister of the owner, whom was a med. lead in spite of being ordered by the state of WA. to strictly stay away from all medical things within the company. This due to her having a home site of her own shut down and under investigation. When I made an issue of this I was fired for a very lame reason to get me out of there.
Pros
excellent pay and benfits
Cons
everything else