Life Line Screening Employee Reviews in United States

Life Line Screening
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 18, 2016
Fast paced environment, productive, team work, enjoying fun workplace place, travelling, life saving, big company,good benefit, all over United States
Pros
Paid lunch, paid trips, new cities daily
Cons
Heavy traffic, long distance travels
The take more then they give
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 12, 2016
They have great people that work for them but they are so undervalued. They expect for medical assistants to work for low pay the hardest part of the job is dealing with the new rules that come out all the time.This week it is ok to do this test next week it is not. Also, this is a medical company but the workers are forced to usesell products to recieve a monthly bonus. No raises in this company.
Pros
TRAVELING
Cons
NOT A PLACE THAT BALANCES WORK AND LIFE
Dont recommend to anyone
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 8, 2016
This company is unethical... When it's comes to your bonus, I m sure the are doing a lot of unethical process to make money, feel sorry for original guys started CO mpany...need to get rid of Director and upper management.... I'm sure as there is a God..this company will make the news!.... They will get there day!
Pros
Cons
Alot
Company is lost
Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 8, 2016
There used to be more employees in the company, and honestly, some at the office were lazy. A few years ago things changed, and now you will likely work very hard there. Unfortunately, some who have remained the longest are the worst. Company favors length of service over quality of work. The founders left the company and they hired a new CEO. People say that this is his first CEO job. He doesn't seem to understand things and nobody really likes him.
Pros
Helping people prevent health problems
Cons
Many
Not worth it for NP
used car salesman (Former Employee) –  usaJuly 14, 2016
Please disregard the positive review for NPs written here as it's probably a fake one from one of their employee. The truth is you may get days where you are "scheduled" to work from 9AM till 12:30PM but what no one tells you is all the time wasted before and after the work starts. First, there is a LOT of driving involved. Granted you would carpool in the company car (or drive your own and run up the miles), but the driving can easily be over 1 hour each way and in some cases, several hours each way. Then once you arrive at your site, you have to set up all your equipment. And at the end of the day, you have to take down and pack up all of your equipment. And if you're carpooling, you have to wait for the other team mebers to finish their work and pack up their stuff as well, and that takes a long time. Then there's also the fact that the company schedule people 5-10 minutes apart, which is asinine cause you can't do an Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) in 5-10 minutes. Sometimes, they even schedule 2-3 people for same time slot!!
Really!?!?!?
And the job is a joke. Your duties include asking people about their flu, pneumococcal, and hepatitis B vaccine, bone density screening, cholesterol and blood sugar testing, eye exam for glaucoma, colonoscopy, HIV testing, mammogram and Pap smear testing and PSA checks. If their missing something, you recommend it to them. That's basically it. Not assessing, diagnosing, prescribing medications, ordering labs or anything you actually went to school for. You do go over their medications and health history and educate them about
  more... whatever needs to be, but for the most part, their doctor is already treating them for it and has educated them for it so you basically do nothing.
And forget about patient privacy as some of these places are so small, you're practically right next to someone else, separated by a screen only. Can you imagine asking people about their health history with someone less then5 feet away with no walls or doors to close for privacy?
And now company started Advance Care Planning, basically talking to them about a living will for a minimum of 16 minutes (anything less then the company doesn't get paid).
They also started flu vaccination.
The reason stuck around was the pay was pretty good but they cut salaries to the point where I was making more as an RN so I'm glad I left.
Believe me, you will work long hours, get paid low wages, and lose your knowledge and skills at this job. And your job is basically the equivalent of a used car salesman as you try to talk people into getting an AWV done.
Pros
nothing else anymore
Cons
long hours, low pay, don't utilize anything you went to school for
Life Line Screening
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 9, 2016
In order to do great here you must be a self-starter. New opportunities are here if you work to get to that level. Good place to work.
Run as fast as you can
Ultrasound Tech (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2016
This is the worst job I have ever had. The manager is clueless, classless, unethical and dishonest. They outright lie to people to try and scam them into buying extra blood tests they don't need. Pay is low, employees are over worked. Hours are long with lots of driving. Stay away unless you like to be disrespected on a daily basis. Female employees are treated like personal secretarys/assistants.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Fun workplace very relaxed
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 13, 2016
Just a nice place to work
very friendly coworkers
nice food places arounf for lunch
and aen exercise room
nice big lunch aera
pleasant working environment
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 15, 2016
A typically day can be hectic depend on how many appointments we have scheduled, interacting and conversing with participant is what I love the most about my job. However, I feel limited working for an organization like this. I am very ambitious and loyal individual , but for the past 9 years I have been unable to grow or maximize my potential . I have given a lot to this company,but has gotten nothing in return , I am willing to explore my options and see what is available.
Pros
i love the flexiability
No job security, low pay, and poor management
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 11, 2016
You are given no direction and the managers are more concerned about eating food and making employees work through their lunches than helping them.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, no job security
Pending Investigation
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2016
I worked as a Medical Assistant for Life Line about 1 year and 6 months. It started out really good. Until summer of 2015. I got into the medical field to help people. But instead with this company it's more about patient's pockets versus their health. Our bonuses are based on 2 factors. One is customer service the other upselling. I am not a car salesman and I refuse to sell "blood packages" to seniors especially if they don't need it. They do use scare tactics on these poor people.
For the most part, a lot of the ultrasounds are inexpensive and gives these people peace of mind. That's why I loved it.
As of February 19, 2016, they let me go. I've contacted HR many times. No response. I feel I was treated unfairly. One, I had no clue why they let me go. Two,they didn't go through their process which is clearly stated in their employee handbook. Three, no investigation performed at all. It was only one sided. They took whoevers word for it and terminated me. Four, the lack of communication is raising eyebrows.
Bottom line, I just want to know what I did wrong. That way in the future I don't make the same mistake with another employer.
There was some employees that I enjoyed working with. They were hard working and knew what needed to be done. There were a couple that showed up to work late. Lazy, made the rest of the team do the heavy lifting.
And management was subpar. Our team leader was totally spineless. How do you tell me I'm doing such a great job then fire me 2 days later?
I would not recommend this employer to anyone. You'll make so much more working at a doctor's
  more... office. And working here you'll lose your MA skills. Unless you like mediocre work for mediocre pay then this job's for you.  less
Pros
Helping people when they need it.
Cons
No communication. Shady practices.
ok job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 12, 2016
Job was ok to work for, for a little while. Management was very annoying and mean. We could never do any right in her eyes. The co-workers were very sweet.
I would not suggest this company to anyone
ultrasound technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 12, 2016
The management of this company is poor, disrespectful managers who want to demand orders while they sit back and watch, overall the customer service is not there, very unfriendly workers, who were not respectful to the patients. When the job title says Ultrasound Technician it is very deceiving you are required to take 3 images on both sides of the carotid artery's, and 4 images of the abdominal aorta, this is mindless work. Also if you are the "3rd Ultrasound Tech" you will NEVER do ultrasound, I was required to do the other stations being told that we would rotate through ultrasound. I never did ultrasound, I did medical assistant work which i knew nothing about making my daily job miserable. I do not recommend working for this company. You will work over 40 hours a week, and the overtime pay rate is blended, this is a poor paying job for an ultrasound technician and this is a horrible job to come to fresh out of school, you will lose scanning skill. This is mindless work with way to many cons than pros.
Pros
Day Shift
Cons
Limited ultrasound scanning, you must upsell blood tests daily (be a salesman), no guaranteed lunch breaks, unpacking/packing equipment daily, blended overtime
Life line
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 10, 2016
They use scare tactics on the elderly to give them tests that they don't even need and tell them that they're doctor or insurance won't even cover it. They also sell blood packages at a "reduced" rates to the participants for a modest fee. the training was also not up to par as to speak, usually it takes 2 weeks to train someone to take the position they are looking for, but I felt that after 2 weeks all i was doing so much as taking participants back for the tests and when i did try doing something other than triage participants i was told i was doing it wrong and when i asked questions about the ABI or blood tests they refused to answer any of my questions but after 2 weeks i was told that i wasn't learning enough and that i wasn't so called "team material" and was let go.
Pros
Benefits if your around long enough to get them
Cons
travel, management, training, and overall staff
Steer clear of this company, unless you are a great actor
N/A (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 4, 2016
My experience with this company started when I was hired. It took over a month to be hired as a full time employee after interviewing. When I inquired about the job, I couldn't reach my contact in HR. A few weeks after I was hired she quit. I learned that management was NOT supportive regarding providing me with the tools I needed to do my job. I complained to higher management who would never respond to my inquires. My boss told me flat out that he didn't like me and often made inappropriate jokes and gossiped. Hardest part of the job was getting support from the entire team to reach the sales goals. You do see a lot of patients daily, but it often seemed unorganized which would make them upset. This company misses the human portion of the job. Most people want the pleasure of service instead of just ducking out money. The company severed the relationship after an unfortunate circumstance but I did not get the opportunity to grow. They seem more concerned with company profit rather employee value.
Pros
Pay, travel to a different city daily
Cons
No lunch breaks, An occasional off day, no one to stand up for you
Life Line Screening was a fast paced internationally intergrated particant office. I learned a vast array of verbal recognition.
Inbound Preventative Health Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 4, 2015
A typical day at Life Line Screening was to take calls from people from across the United States who was concerned about their vascular health.I learned how to really be more empathetic with our elderly community. Besides the bonuses I constantly received for top quality participant service I really miss working with my team members. The hardest part of my job was to have to not be an employee anymore. I really loved working for Life Line Screening. The environment was so professional.
Great Place to Work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 10, 2015
Small Company. Big Picture Thinking. Great place with good people. Very in line with my personal value system. Unfortunately not as many growth opportunities even for a dynamic leader like myself. One of the company's limited shortfalls.
False Advertisement
Client Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 9, 2015
The company makes money off others beliefs about preventative health screenings. While the thought of preventative health screening seems like an ideal thing to do in these times; the company has so many false results that causes people to spend more money going to the hospital for further testing; which was not needed at all.
productive fun enjoyable
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 30, 2015
Great company to work for before management change....needed to update files...working with files from 15 years back....made it difficult
no team atmosphere
Retention specialist/customer serv (Former Employee) –  Canton, OhioOctober 22, 2015
No long term advancement opportunity without 4 yr. degree. Very toxic negative environment. Not conducive to success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Line Screening. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9