LIFE Pittsburgh Employee Reviews

Benefits are the only perk
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2017
Poor work life balance- expected to give and give (to clients in need- no resources ask staff to donate frequently and staff- no appreciation money) and never appreciated. Company full of management that asked for feedback and says they are their for you but are closed minded, resistant to act/change, and often say "because it's always like that". People in power were brought through the company and have little to no outside experience and little to no management training. Benefits are excellent but don't look for a good raise. Everyone gets a 3/5.
Pros
Cheap lunch and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Good company that helps the elderly population
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2017
I think what LIFE Pittsburgh does for the elderly people is something necessary for the community. They ensure to take care of all and any aspects their participants may require, whether it's medical or physical therapy, they work hard to meet the needs of their participants.
Most unappreciated place to work.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Greentree, PADecember 24, 2016
Working here for almost five years, I saw valued employees, including highly respected doctors, leave because of the unwarranted stress put upon them. The upper management is very ignorant with the employees and constantly makes them feel worthless and threatened. There is a "protected" few that can't do anything wrong. There is nepotism and they will go to extremes to find ways to dismiss you. They brag about not giving anyone unemployment benefits. The CEO and the HR director work hand in hand to keep a hostile working environment and continue to promote unqualified candidates in to positions of directors and managers. Not all managers are undeserving and that is not the intent here. But, many are. The HR director uses his power to surround himself with young women and tries to intimidate men. Very frustrating work environment. Most of the blame goes to the CEO, the HR director and their relatives.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Terrible work environment, tries to intimidate, threatens job stability, fabricates reasons to terminate employees.
Great company, very fast paced.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 24, 2016
Fast paced work environment with very supportive upper management team. Never a dull moment. However there are way to many bosses and it gets very confusing!
Pros
benefits package, vacation etc
Cons
Confusing management structure
Horrible place to work, good benefits
Scheduling Associate (Former Employee) –  Greentree, PAMay 7, 2016
There is to much micro management going on. They don't care about the workers. They will work them to death. You do not get the proper training and they just send you on your own and then when you mess up they fire you or push you out the door. They have the wrong people in the wrong postions. There are grown people cliques. They really need to get it together and run the company more efficiently...
Benefits
Cons
Treat employees like trash
Very hostile workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  ACG PITTSBURGHMarch 8, 2016
I I would not in any way and I repeat would not recommend this establishment to work for. If you are a good worker they harass you constantly the bad workers they love. Management is a joke . They have no respect for the good workers and all the respect for the workers who just want to stand around and do nothing. The hostility in the centers is so sick that you can cut it with a knife.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Hostile work place, employees treated poorly.
My first Full-time position
Dinning Aide (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 7, 2016
This was one of the most difficult jobs I have worked. its such a fast moving environment. Learned a lot from working here. If I never experienced this job I don't think I would be the employee I am today
Easy money easy work bad job!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 29, 2015
very unprofessional, If you need quick easy money this is the place. They are unorganized and have too many bosses. There is no loyalty or construction at this place. Good luck
Caring organization with wonderful mission
Quality (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2015
This organization goes above and beyond for their Participants and truly lives out their mission statement. Clinically based, recommend for healthcare careers.
Pros
caring environment
Cons
no opportunity for advancement past a certain level
creative and challanging nursing
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2014
working as a member of an interdisciplicary team is enthralling as ideas on how best to meet the needs of frail individuals are discussed across a table and then, once agreed upon, all disciplines do the hard work to make the interventions happen and meet agreed upon needs.
I support the "aging in place" concept for individuals.
Pros
Freedom to work independently and allowing results to be judged as the quality of my work.
Cons
Ineffeciency within departments that are outside my influence sphere.
very productive and fun
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh pa north shore locationMay 4, 2014
It's an amazing and productive work place! I enjoy working here.
Pros
wonderful and informative quarterly and annual tranings
Cons
working only 8 hour days perfer longer hours such as 10 or 12 hour days for shorter work week
PACE Program - mission of the organization is outstanding
Community Care Manager - Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaJanuary 16, 2014
Challenging position - management of all direct care staff in the community as well as support and supervisory staff.
Where do I start.. I lasted 3 years and I dont know how!
PCA (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh NorthsideMay 20, 2013
The company is ran by its MANY bosses. There is a boss for a bosses bosses bosses boss. You never know who to go to and who truly is your boss or which way the chain of command goes. Too much bickering and hostility at the work place, People do what they want when they want. If they like you, you will get away with murder, if they don't you will get fired for ANYTHING. In my first 6 months I probably saw 4 different people in a position. It is not unusual for a person to only last any where from a day to a week before they quit. Orientation provides you with a warm welcoming, but once you are sent to your post its another story. You kind of have to get in where you fit in. This job WILL follow you home and consume more than just your time at work. If you want to make a easy couple of dollars, and can mind your business and stay out of the way its a great stepping stone!!!!! Use it to your advantage!
Pros
Great Pay and benefits, good if you are in school or have a busy home life. Room to advance within the company
Cons
too many chiefs not enough indians, constant turn over!!!!
Its not aplace dedicated employees in healthcare have tenure if you are compassionate hardworking enjoy life respectful this is not the company
Center aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2012
It was the first job i ever had that I didnt miss I enjoy taking care of people You in out in the cold assisting people on and off the van which can cause you to be sick It is a position you are not appreciated not addressed or spoken to respectfully.You assist with meals dressing showering stimulation remind medication medical appts in home care dealing staff family members managers who are not quailfied but by school for there positions.The worst part about the company is the have no compassion for important things life I enjoy life so my most enjoyable things I know I can be forward and stern but to address adult able people with respect dignity is what make healthcare work respondible reliable hardworking dedicated to getting the best care possible in the safest way following osha hippea laws with the same respect you give you own family members why to to you like a baby if your not let you still have the dignity to be respected and treated like a adult fully explain what is going and let you family with a civil mind make the decision instead of a company just to keep as a client because the insurance will pay but your not getting the care its paying for.Work for a company your proud of respect instead of a check and weekends off.
Pros
decent pay wage at the beginnig lots of perks doing your tenure
Cons
not respected as a employee no chance for growth make a difference
A place where I can mix fun with a day of productivity
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Greentree, PAAugust 30, 2012
No day is typical at LIFE Pittsburgh. That may be the most interesting part of the job. One day I may be working on participants' equipment. The next day I may be working with contractors to repair damage that occurred over night; and the next day I may be repairing the washer or dryer or painting a room. I learned how to work in an environment with people that depend on my help. I learned to care more for the elderly and how to balance taking time to talk to someone that needs an ear and getting the job done. I work for several different levels of management and learned what it takes to individualize their requests and their needs and see that each one is taken care of the way they want it done. I work with over 200 employees and enjoy seeing them every day. I learned how to communicate to many different ethnicities and to find common threads that links us together. The hardest part of my job is dealing with some people that do not understand what my function is and how it fits in to the larger puzzle. Most people are understanding and are able to cooperate with all of the demands that are put on me. But, there are a few, as in any company, that have a hard time seeing things from another person's perspective. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing that the participants are happy to be in a safe, clean environment.
Pros
my schedule is flexible to a point and determined by me, i enjoy making a difference in the life of an elderly person, there is a need for a person with my skills there.
Cons
i haven't been moved in to more of a managerial position as promised, the physical demands are making it difficult to continue the maintenance repairs.