Life Skills Employee Reviews

Rewarding work
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAJuly 27, 2017
It was a fun and rewarding place to work. Difficult at times, and management doesn't value there workers. The residents make it worth it. I would work there again
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Violent
The most rewarding experience I have ever had in my teaching career
Liberty ISD Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXJune 29, 2017
The most rewarding experience I have ever had in my teaching career. I was unsure about it at first and then I fell in love. It takes patience and understanding, a willingness to learn.While your teaching them, they are teaching you as well. My experience with the families has been rewarding and heartwarming.
Pros
Everything, I love it.
Cons
It can be tired some and challenging at times.
A rewarding place to work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 10, 2017
Working with students one on one on early reading skills, math and life skills.Assisting with toileting and feeding. Working with students to achieve their goals as defined by IED.
job coach
Job coach (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 10, 2017
I love working with people so everything comes natural I enjoying helping people get housed and get into wellness recovery seeing someone that was once homeless get in to they own place is the best and most amazing feeling in the world
Pros
the people i work with
Cons
sometimes people pass away
relaxed environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAApril 24, 2017
you come in assist in eating, giving them showers, communicate with the residents, put them to bed. management could be a lot better they are very unfair and pick favorites
great place
Developmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, MADecember 15, 2016
It was a great place to work and working with individuals that not just care for themselves but to advocate over all on their human rights to achieve and be successful in their community. Very creative staff when it came down to teaching important topics.Some co workers that I worked with years back were the best.However the best one's were the clients that I worked for they made my day on why I did the work that I still do, and that is helping others no matter where, who and what they been through I still treat them with respect and dignity.
Fun place to work
Part Time Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 15, 2016
Coworkers were friendly. The job environment was warm, homey, and positive. Management was involved and supportive of staff.
Good place to work if you want to help people with substance use and mental health problems
Mobile Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 2, 2016
I have worked at Life Skills for nearly 9 years. I think Life Skills has good benefits and job security. The company has numerous employees that enjoy their jobs. I enjoy my job as a therapist. The only problem I have had is moving forward in the company. I guess this will happen once I receive my LCSW. Overall Life Skills is a great place to work.
Pros
If you like working with people with substance use and mental health problems, Life Skills is the place to be.
Cons
I have not moved forward in the company as I would like.
don't want to ever work there again
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2016
it was very poor. on a normal day there I would come In at 9am and the security guard would grab a chair for me since we sat up in the same area. it was like a little box with all the laptop the kids used through out the day in it . it was very noisy.
Cons
no lunch break
billing for therapists
Billing CST (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 8, 2016
A typical work day at Life Skills was great. Co-workers were family, management was excellent. I billed all day which was great because I love numbers. The hardest or I should say the most stressful part of the job was at the end of the month all billing needed to be submitted, but when you have to wait for a log from a therapist who has not submitted one yet and you are getting down to the wire you are biting your nails hoping the therapist gets the log in on time.
Humbling learning experience
Learning (Current Employee) –  Saint Croix Falls, WIApril 26, 2016
The hardest part was not working, the most enjoyable part was not working. I learned so much from taking the time off that I did.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Not working
sorry I had to be laid off
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 4, 2016
worked with at-risk kids with phenomenal staff'
hours were adequate, imaginative staff and creative. Worked in diverse situations with no communiity support--appreciate my time there
Pros
great staff
Cons
no support from corp management
Great if you want to get your feet wet helping people
Community Living Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 22, 2015
A typical day: you will help clients learn different tasks so one day they can live on their own. Its sad because a lot of the people you will work with wont care about the clients. It would be nice if they did a better job screening hires.
Residential Counslor
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAJune 29, 2015
This was an overnight bi-vocational position in order to supplement financially my pastoral position during the day. Life Skills provides residential care for emotionally disturbed adults. My responsibilities included but not limited to supervision, direct assistance to individuals in daily routines (especially in the mourning), activity planning, and medicine distribution, personal support, team work with other staff. I never called for a shift in my four years as an employee. A rewarding position but financially limiting.

Between both bi-vocational position, I was working eight hours per week.
Pros
Rewarding work. Close staff relations.
Cons
productive and fun place to work
residential councelor (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAMarch 10, 2015
a typical day was one where i assisted the clients in daily hygiene needs and cooked meals for them and did basic household cleaning
good place
cli (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 15, 2014
i liked working here, good place to work if you like helping others
Pros
good benfits
Cons
managment team
Awesome
Home Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 23, 2014
I really loved working for life skills. I love helping people and learning new things. This job was very enjoyable.
Job culture is ok
Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2014
A typical day is relaxed at life skills. I have learned to deal with a variety of different people. Management is ok. My coworkers are ok. The hardest part is dealing with all the different tasks that may be required. Seeing a client sucess
helping others with needs
cli (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 16, 2014
enjoyable when you get to know the clients and their personalities
Great Clients
Coordinator Living Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2014
Greet my client ask and see if they have plans for the day/evening. Read the staff book see what the client did before I arrive.
Pros
My clients and the bond we built together
Cons
Management unprofessionalism